Let the nation default?

Should Republicans let the nation default if Democrats refuse to negotiate?

• Yes, if the Dems won't talk, we should default.

Votes: 30 47.6%
  • No, we should never default on our debt.

Votes: 33 52.4%

• Total voters
If someone calls you and threatens to ruin your credit, if you don't do what they want you to do, they can be arrested for extortion.

So can the FBI arrest House Republicans for extortion?

Dumb analogy, even dumber conclusion. You prove how clueless you are everyday.

This place isn't going to last anyway. Default or no default. It's morally bankrupt, and in it's death throes. No time like the present. Imagine how much better the world would be with the corrupt American Empire not being able to feed it's armies while the fiat banking system goes in a tailspin? This is glass half full stuff.

This place isn't going to last any way. Default or no default. It's morally bankrupt, and in it's death throes. No time like the present. Imagine how much better the world would be with the corrupt American Empire no being able to feed it's armies while the fiat banking system goes in a tailspin? This is glass half full stuff.

What will become of the "doomsday preppers" who are unable to effectively communicate in English......let alone Chinese?

I have guns.....but I suspect my ability to reason and speak Japanese will help me more should America give in to nutter fantasies. Yeeeeeehawwwwww! Praise Jeeebus!

Let it default, and let the U.S. government burn. I want to see a tank on every street.

Now....if only EVERY crazy nutter was like you......and they KNEW that they were a walking joke......this could be a very enjoyable forum.

Your humor is appreciated.

OK...what the hell....I am a HUGE football fan. HUGE I tell you! I have Directv and never miss a game up here in the "wilderness" of Montana.

I read a story today about the NFL and it's "gifts" that so much reminded me of the US and the way it fleeces it's "ticket buyers". Every paragraph I read reminded me more and more of the United States. Wanna good laugh? Check it out. Relax, Don't worry, no one will ask you to go outside and throw the ball around little fella....

How the NFL Fleeces Taxpayers - Gregg Easterbrook - The Atlantic

This place isn't going to last any way. Default or no default. It's morally bankrupt, and in it's death throes. No time like the present. Imagine how much better the world would be with the corrupt American Empire no being able to feed it's armies while the fiat banking system goes in a tailspin? This is glass half full stuff.

What will become of the "doomsday preppers" who are unable to effectively communicate in English......let alone Chinese?

I have guns.....but I suspect my ability to reason and speak Japanese will help me more should America give in to nutter fantasies. Yeeeeeehawwwwww! Praise Jeeebus!

Hmmm...unable to converse in English.....

Your post:

We do not have a debt crisis. Change the channel.

Regulations are an other topic. One that sure gets nutters insane....but an other topic.

Did you perhaps mean to imply "another" topic? :lol:

Last edited:
Let it default, and let the U.S. government burn. I want to see a tank on every street.

Now....if only EVERY crazy nutter was like you......and they KNEW that they were a walking joke......this could be a very enjoyable forum.

OK...what the hell....I am a HUGE football fan. HUGE I tell you! I have Directv and never miss a game up here in the "wilderness" of Montana.

I read a story today about the NFL and it's "gifts" that so much reminded me of the US and the way it fleeces it's "ticket buyers". Every paragraph I read reminded me more and more of the United States. Wanna good laugh? Check it out. Relax, Don't worry, no one will ask you to go outside and throw the ball around little fella....

I guarantee you I can throw a football further...and more accurately than you.

Hmmm...unable to converse in English.....

Your post:

We do not have a debt crisis. Change the channel.

Regulations are an other topic. One that sure gets nutters insane....but an other topic.

Did you perhaps mean to imply "another" topic? :

Nice. Are you sure?

Last edited:

Probably. I played OLB in High School in the EARLY 60s!! So yeah, you could probably throw farther and more accurately than a 69 year old man......geezz...oh, it's FARTHER - not further.

Last edited:
NO, I am not wrong, I spent over 40 years dealing with govt funding. I know precisely how it works.

No govt money can be spent until the project or program is authorized and the money appropriated for it. congress cannot appropriate money they don't yet have.

each appropriation is identified by a line of accounting which used to be called a zipper sheet. It means that money has been set aside and cannot be used for anything else.

Some programs use multi year funding and require an annual appropriation.

The problem is that since obozo has never allowed a budget to be put in place, he is just spending whatever he wants and ignoring the fiscal rules of the govt.

I see. So your point is that I'm right only by facts and evidence and you are wrong only because Obama is ignoring the rules and getting away with it?

I don't get your point yet. By my measure the government allocated more spending than they had revenue. Or perhaps you can explain to me how congress set aside money that it did not have.

its obvious that you don't get it. There is plenty of money coming to the treasury this month to pay the interest on the debt, income taxes are still being collected, the IRS is not shut down.

more debt is needed to cover new expenditures, not to pay old bills.

I see so everything I said is 100% correct. But you just want to argue for no
reason at all, that I don't get it. And to prove that I don't get it, you state complete agreement with my statements.

I have to admit, Kiss, that the total denial on the Right is a frightening thing, indeed. They honestly don't believe that this path is the road to hell. With that in mind, anything is possible, including default and depression.

Money where your mouth is?

I'll lay down some interweb bucks that this "crisis" does not result in us defaulting on interest payments for our national debt.

As a matter of fact, as I posted just yesterday on this thread, I sold every last share of stock I owned at 4 PM Eastern time, Monday of this week.

Guess you lost money today. Hehe

What is this high school bullshit^^

We're so impressed you insignificant child. Was your favorite position wide receiver or tight end? Or did you spend all day in the locker room smelling men's underwear?

What is this high school bullshit^^

We're so impressed you insignificant child. Was your favorite position wide receiver or tight end? Or did you spend all day in the locker room smelling men's underwear?

Did you see the last sentence in the post I responded to? Please....try harder.

Probably. I played OLB in High School in the EARLY 60s!! So yeah, you could probably throw farther and more accurately than a 69 year old man......geezz...oh, it's FARTHER - not further.

You could be 20....it would not matter. Little fella....

What's hilarious about the people who say "Let us default!" is that they think it's a great big liberal hoax.

They keep telling us nothing will happen next week if we default.

However, if something bad does happen, do you spose the Teabaggers will take responsibility for making a stupid prediction, or do ya think they'll blame blackie?

I used to be able to hit a receiver's hands on a 60y post. Now not so much. Getting old sucks.

What's hilarious about the people who say "Let us default!" is that they think it's a great big liberal hoax.

However, if something bad does happen, do you spose the Teabaggers will take responsibility for making a stupid prediction, or do ya think they'll blame blackie?

Don't be retarded. No one wants to or is going to default on the debt. The libs who say the sky is falling are crying wolf.

This is the result of decades of bad policies and spending. It's not entirely Obama's fault, its not entirely the Republicans' fault, it's not entirely the Democrats' fault. But just kicking the can down the road for a few more years while we max out the credit card isn't working and we can't raise taxes without crushing the middle class and neither side seems to be able to cut spending. Something has to give.

This is the result of decades of bad policies and spending. It's not entirely Obama's fault, its not entirely the Republicans' fault, it's not entirely the Democrats' fault. But just kicking the can down the road for a few more years while we max out the credit card isn't working and we can't raise taxes without crushing the middle class and neither side seems to be able to cut spending. Something has to give.

Sequester worked. Bush tax cuts are expiring. Leave it shut down. The house should just fund the programs we need and can afford. The DHS needs to be split up. The NSA disbanded. The irs disbanded. The department of education disbanded. Our troops brought home from across the globe. TSA fired.

Last edited:
This place isn't going to last anyway. Default or no default. It's morally bankrupt, and in it's death throes. No time like the present. Imagine how much better the world would be with the corrupt American Empire not being able to feed it's armies while the fiat banking system goes in a tailspin? This is glass half full stuff.

The nation should not be allowed to default.

And people like YOU, who use the word "******" left and right, and have no business accusing anyone of being "morally bankrupt".

Forum List

Back