Let the spin begin

Norman Responds To TPM Revelations Of His Call For ‘Marshall Law’: Texts Came From ‘Source Of Frustration’​

Rep. Ralph Norman (R-SC), whose Jan. 17, 2021 text to then-Chief of Staff Mark Meadows called for Donald Trump to invoke “Marshall Law,” has responded to the revelations.

“Obviously, Martial Law was never warranted,” Norman said in a statement to local South Carolina outlet The State. “That text message came from a source of frustration, on the heels of countless unanswered questions about the integrity of the 2020 election, without any way to slow down and examine those issues prior to the inauguration of the newly elected president.”

TPM first reported Norman’s January text on Monday.

“Mark, in seeing what’s happening so quickly, and reading about the Dominion law suits attempting to stop any meaningful investigation we are at a point of no return in saving our Republic!!” Norman texted Meadows in 2021. “Our LAST HOPE is invoking Marshall Law!! PLEASE URGE TO PRESIDENT TO DO SO!!”

I don't think Norman has anything to be concerned about. Advocating for an authoritarian/military remedy to losing an election is accepted practice in Repub circles these days.

Martial Law should be been used to ensure we had fair and accurate election during the Plandemic

I, for one, would be interested in seeing the sourcing that the poser Lass provides us on this assertion.
None of us want to be exposed to just another unvetted, unsupported, unsourced opinion. Hell, those are easy to find.
We want solid reliable data upon which we become better informed and able to make improved decisions.
We sincerely hope that the poster Lass understands and accepts that as a responsible duty for contributing on American social media.

So, with that said, what do you have for us to rely on poster Lass?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ummm, I demur.
If Republicans...or for that matter any adherent to any political stripe commits a crime, well, we patriotic responsible Americans....right, left, or independent.... "do have a legitimate bitch."

THAT....is a requirement of good citizenship.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Though I cannot claim to be on "the left" (they don't want me) as the poster Canon Shooter suggests ---I won't shy away from inclusion in the "slow kids" constituency. So stipulated.

But, with that.....I would urge all patriotic Americans....be they fast, slow, or in between.....to NOT let the seditionists attack on the Capitol on January 6th be forgotten. To be sure, 900+ arrests, and many convictions, and guilty pleas later.....the memory does have a good chance of being embedded in our history and narrative of the end of the disgraced Presidents' administration. Still, we all see the scramble to dismiss, diminish, and deflect by the embarrassed RightFielders.

Patriotic Americans loyal to this great nation.....must keep the memory and the threats of January 6th ever present. Ever present until we have as much of full accountability as we can achieve under our legal system.

IMHO
well that's pure bullshit.

Again, for the slow kids in the room, the left won't let us forget it happened...

Ummm…History will not let you forget it happened

1671202037302.jpeg

Most of these people request asylum. Something that is protected.

Bullshit.

They may be requesting it, but most of them are programmed by the DNC to use the right words without having any understanding about what they mean.

Living on what the gov't. is giving.

Citizens can squeak by, illegals can not.

Sure they can. Do you really think all abled bodied people in this country work?

All illegals work too??

LOL

No, all do not work. Not all wives and children of those working also work. The vast majority of illegals are surviving here because someone is working and providing.

No, all do not work. Not all wives and children of those working also work. The vast majority of illegals are surviving here because someone is working and providing.

The Work vs. Welfare Trade‐ Off: A Response to Critics

the Cato Institute released a new study, The Work vs. Welfare Trade‐Off, 2013: An Analysis of the Total Level of Welfare Benefits by State. It showed that a family collecting welfare benefits from seven common programs – Temporary assistance for Needy Families (TANF), food stamps, Medicaid, WIC, public housing assistance, utilities assistance (LIHEAP) and free commodities – could receive more than what a minimum wage job would pay in 35 states, more than a $15 per hour job in 13 states, and more than a $20 per hour job in the eight most generous states. We concluded that the high value of welfare benefits might create a disincentive for recipients to leave welfare for work.

The Work vs. Welfare Trade‐ Off: A Response to Critics

the Cato Institute released a new study, The Work vs. Welfare Trade‐Off, 2013: An Analysis of the Total Level of Welfare Benefits by State. It showed that a family collecting welfare benefits from seven common programs – Temporary assistance for Needy Families (TANF), food stamps, Medicaid, WIC, public housing assistance, utilities assistance (LIHEAP) and free commodities – could receive more than what a minimum wage job would pay in 35 states, more than a $15 per hour job in 13 states, and more than a $20 per hour job in the eight most generous states. We concluded that the high value of welfare benefits might create a disincentive for recipients to leave welfare for work.

We are NOT discussing welfare and citizens.

In many cases because we have undermined their country and economies.

Blahblahblah.

We can't even take care of the problems in our own country, how do you propose that we fix everyone else's problems?

There are established procedures for coming into this country legally. Those procedures should be followed. Anyone who decides not to follow those procedures should be dealt with swiftly and harshly...

HUD changes make housing vouchers easier for illegals to obtain

The Department of Housing and Urban Development recently made changes to its emergency housing voucher program that make it easier for illegal immigrants to receive "free" housing on the taxpayers’ dime.

We have covered this extensively but you rely on Fox News. This covered people seeking asylum. People seeking asylum are NOT here illegally and they can not seek employment until their cases are heard and ruled on.

I don't think Norman has anything to be concerned about. Advocating for an authoritarian/military remedy to losing an election is accepted practice in Repub circles these days.
Sadly, that's where we are in much of America today, especially the southeastern U.S..

We have covered this extensively but you rely on Fox News. This covered people seeking asylum. People seeking asylum are NOT here illegally and they can not seek employment until their cases are heard and ruled on.

So, some guy from, say, Ecuador or Chile comes to our border requesting asylum.

What would be valid grounds for them to request asylum?

Blahblahblah.

We can't even take care of the problems in our own country, how do you propose that we fix everyone else's problems?

I don't which is why I do not support what we do in other countries. You took what I said as supporting it?

There are established procedures for coming into this country legally. Those procedures should be followed. Anyone who decides not to follow those procedures should be dealt with swiftly and harshly...

Everyone in this country is allotted due process whether you like it or not.

Forum List

Back