Let the States Decide- ALA Supreme Court Justice urges Defiance- Gay Marraige

You're so silly. It's not the government doing the forcing, Dumber than a stuffed bear, it's the members of the congregation. You know...like when the Mormons accepted blacks and then let them have leadership position. :eek:

Or when unbaptized babies and people who ate meat on Fridays stopped going to limbo or burning in hell or whatever.

Times change and churches adapt or die.

Talk about dumb, I didnt say it was GOVERNMENT discrimination , did I?

It's not discrimination. Wanting to change church policy through Public Opinion is not discrimination. No one is being denied anything if a church is more accepting (like Jesus teaches)
Jesus taught people that being gay was OK? Who knew.
We know how the fag lobby works. Look at what happened to the CEO Brendan Eich of Mozilla when it came out he had contributed to a group that supported one man one woman marriage An ugly slanderous campaign that resulted in his resignation.

We know how the homophobic bigot lobby works.Look at what happened when it came out that Bezos contributed to a pro-marriage equality campaign, and the bigots started a boycott of Amazon.

An ugly slanderous campaign that got little success, because homophobic bigots are largely irrelevant.

Yes it worked as well as the faggot boycott worked on say Chick Fill A, or Hobby Lobby right?

LOL.....once again 'f*ggot....c*nt....n*gger...k*ke....all the same words used by bigots for the same purpose.

When homosexuals boycott a business- Conservatives howl in outrage.

When Christians demand boycotts of business's- Conservatives applaud.

I think both are useless. But its no more 'wrong' for either party to call for boycotts- its just hypocritical to complain about boycotts by homosexuals when the homophobes not only do the exact same thing, homophobes were the first ones to use boycotts regarding the issue.

Be aware that Syriusly is trying to equate gay sex with either a race or a religion...

...OK, now , proceed...

When you defend the exclusivity of heterosexual marriage rights you are equating heterosexual sex with race and religion.

Oh, btw, religion is an acquired behavior - you aren't born that way - it is not a natural physical characteristic

Be aware that Syriusly is trying to equate gay sex with either a race or a religion...

...OK, now , proceed...

Can you explain how choosing to have gay sex is different than choosing to have interracial sex?

Isn't an interracial sex partner a choice?

Remember it wasn't the individuals that were prevented from marrying, it was the choice of interracial partner was limited. (In other words a white man could marry a white woman, it was the choice of marrying a black woman that was banned.)

>>>>

Is it really surprising that Alabama is on the trailing edge of offering equal rights to ANYONE?

Who cares what this backwoods peckerwood thinks. Marriage equality is happening. And honestly, it is happening faster than I thought it would.

You're so silly. It's not the government doing the forcing, Dumber than a stuffed bear, it's the members of the congregation. You know...like when the Mormons accepted blacks and then let them have leadership position. :eek:

Or when unbaptized babies and people who ate meat on Fridays stopped going to limbo or burning in hell or whatever.

Times change and churches adapt or die.

Talk about dumb, I didnt say it was GOVERNMENT discrimination , did I?

It's not discrimination. Wanting to change church policy through Public Opinion is not discrimination. No one is being denied anything if a church is more accepting (like Jesus teaches)
Jesus taught people that being gay was OK? Who knew.

Actually he never said a thing about gays. He did talk a lot about tolerance and would not have shunned a gay person nor would have wanted them kept from a church. Not the guy I've read about anyway.

We know how the fag lobby works. Look at what happened to the CEO Brendan Eich of Mozilla when it came out he had contributed to a group that supported one man one woman marriage An ugly slanderous campaign that resulted in his resignation.

So when Christians boycott Disney it's okay because they suck at it?

He wouldn't have shunned you but He would have told you to stop living in sin.

That's the Jesus I know, if you want to pretend otherwise, that's fine, but don't then turn around and tell me I shouldn't believe what I do.

Hypocrite.

So? He tells lots of people to stop sinning and they don't. They still get to go to church every week. But when did Jesus say being gay was a sin?

Is it really surprising that Alabama is on the trailing edge of offering equal rights to ANYONE?

Who cares what this backwoods peckerwood thinks. Marriage equality is happening. And honestly, it is happening faster than I thought it would.

No, it's not surprising that Alabama is once again behind the times when it comes to Civil Rights, but what the backwoods peckerwood will DO when marriage equality comes to his state should concern everyone who recalls Alabama's history.

Exactly- I never expected it to be moving so fast- but it is- and I think this is a good thing.

No, it's not surprising that Alabama is once again behind the times when it comes to Civil Rights, but what the backwoods peckerwood will DO when marriage equality comes to his state should concern everyone who recalls Alabama's history.

If history repeats itself, Alabama will try to defy the courts. They will hurt a lot of innocent people and will eventually be forced into it.

If history repeats itself, Alabama will try to defy the courts. They will hurt a lot of innocent people and will eventually be forced into it.

Exactly. The "hurt a lot of people" part does concern me.

Exactly- I never expected it to be moving so fast- but it is- and I think this is a good thing.

Nobody did and I really think we have the AIDS crisis to thank, in part, for it. AIDS forced people out of the closet...which led to more people voluntarily coming out which has precipitated the seemingly fast growing acceptance.

Nobody did and I really think we have the AIDS crisis to thank, in part, for it. AIDS forced people out of the closet...which led to more people voluntarily coming out which has precipitated the seemingly fast growing acceptance.

I dunno. The turning point really seemed be 2011. Public opinion shifted rapidly and dramatically. And that was 30 years after the HIV epidemic started, 20 years after it went mainstream with Magic Johnson.

I dunno. The turning point really seemed be 2011. Public opinion shifted rapidly and dramatically. And that was 30 years after the HIV epidemic started, 20 years after it went mainstream with Magic Johnson.

Glee............and I am not entirely kidding.

Glee............and I am not entirely kidding.
More like Will and Grace, but it was all those people coming out before that allowed W&G to happen in the first place.

Kind of like Colorado and marijuana? Yeah.
Roll, Tide Roll.

Roll, Tide Roll.

Which court has told Colorado that their marijuana law is illegal again?

what has any of that got to do with pot and Colorado?

That's probably the most random, off-the-wall reply I've ever seen.
The state is defying federal law in the matter, based on the will of their citizens.
Alabama should do the same if the Supreme Court has a moment of insanity and says the people are not sovereign.

Roll, Tide Roll.

And when did the Feds have to bring troops into Colorado like has happened in Alabama history?

Roll, Tide Roll.

And when did the Feds have to bring troops into Colorado like has happened in Alabama history?
Whut? What does that have to do with anything?

Roll, Tide Roll.

Whut? What does that have to do with anything?

YOU started it

Forum List

Back