Let There Be Peace Already

In your dreams. Send us a link on this "self sufficient country of Palestine" you speak of.

LMAO! Yeah right. The Palestinians have it so bad in Israel that most of them prefer Israel to having their own Palestinian State. Oh well, considering what Palestinians have achieved on their own, who can blame them?

The thought of thousands of illegal immigrant Jews and the thought of dispossesion,one would have thought.....what you haven't mentioned is that the ZIONIST you know the collaborators with the NAZIS were waging an illegal TERRORIST WAR AT THE TIME.

I have met many Jewish families that have always got on with Palestinians pre 1948 and after...the thought the aparthied the Israelis used against the Palestinians was criminal eg SEPERATE BUSES FOR JEWS AND PALESTINIANS for a start...you see Lips you always only tell one side of the story,the side you have been indoctorinated to believe. I'm right but I'll say no more for now:eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh:

Palestine was a self sufficient country until Israel stole, bombed, and bulldozed their stuff.

Now we have two countries on welfare.

Good plan???

LMAO! Yeah right. The Palestinians have it so bad in Israel that most of them prefer Israel to having their own Palestinian State. Oh well, considering what Palestinians have achieved on their own, who can blame them?

The thought of thousands of illegal immigrant Jews and the thought of dispossesion,one would have thought.....what you haven't mentioned is that the ZIONIST you know the collaborators with the NAZIS were waging an illegal TERRORIST WAR AT THE TIME.

I have met many Jewish families that have always got on with Palestinians pre 1948 and after...the thought the aparthied the Israelis used against the Palestinians was criminal eg SEPERATE BUSES FOR JEWS AND PALESTINIANS for a start...you see Lips you always only tell one side of the story,the side you have been indoctorinated to believe. I'm right but I'll say no more for now:eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh:

Palestine was a self sufficient country until Israel stole, bombed, and bulldozed their stuff.

Good plan???
"Rep System Guidelines: Our reputation system is designed to provide a feedback and credibility mechanism."

P F Tinmore Rep Power: 0
"PF Tinmore is off the scale"

John F. Kennedy
When the first Zionist conference met in 1897, Palestine was a neglected wasteland

I first saw Palestine in 1939. There the neglect and ruin left by centuries of Ottoman [Muslim] misrule were slowly being transformed by miracles of [Jewish] labor and sacrifice. But Palestine was still a land of promise in 1939, rather than a land of fulfillment. I returned in 1951 to see the grandeur of Israel

I left with the conviction that the United Nations may have conferred on Israel the credentials of nationhood; but its own idealism and courage, its own sacrifice and generosity, had earned the credentials of immortality.

Israel was not created in order to disappear - Israel will endure and flourish. It is the child of hope and the home of the brave. It can neither be broken by adversity nor demoralized by success. It carries the shield of democracy and it honors the sword of freedom; and no area of the world has ever had an overabundance of democracy and freedom.

It is worth remembering, too, that Israel is a cause that stands beyond the ordinary changes and chances of American public life. In our pluralistic society, it has not been a Jewish cause - any more than Irish independence was solely the concern of Americans of Irish descent. The ideals of Zionism have, in the last half century, been repeatedly endorsed by Presidents and Members of Congress from both parties. Friendship for Israel is not a partisan matter. It is a national commitment.

The original Zionist philosophy has always maintained that the people of Israel would use their national genius not for selfish purposes but for the enrichment and glory of the entire Middle East. The earliest leaders of the Zionist movement spoke of a Jewish state which would have no military power and which would be content with victories of the spirit

The technical skills and genius of Israel have already brought their blessings to Burma and to Ethiopia. Still other nations in Asia and in Africa are eager to benefit from the special skills available in that bustling land
John F. Kennedy: Speech by Senator John F. Kennedy, Zionists of America Convention, Statler Hilton Hotel, New York, NY

all the leaves are brown,and the skies are grey

The requisite non-answer from the resident fucking idiot. The arabs are just so lucky to have someone so "intelligent" and "articulate" to defend them, no wonder they've lived in shithole dumps for the past 70 years with no hope for a better future any time soon.

Oh, yeah, places like Bahrain, Dubai, Kuwait and Abu Dhabi are so poor....!

Can you remind us what the average per capita income is in those countries again, please?

btw, Don't forget to tell us your personal connection with the ME on that thread. Few of your pals here had ever been within a thousand miles of Israel - but I have hope one of you will prove worth talking to yet!!

all the leaves are brown,and the skies are grey

The requisite non-answer from the resident fucking idiot. The arabs are just so lucky to have someone so "intelligent" and "articulate" to defend them, no wonder they've lived in shithole dumps for the past 70 years with no hope for a better future any time soon.

Oh, yeah, places like Bahrain, Dubai, Kuwait and Abu Dhabi are so poor....!

Can you remind us what the average per capita income is in those countries again, please?

btw, Don't forget to tell us your personal connection with the ME on that thread. Few of your pals here had ever been within a thousand miles of Israel - but I have hope one of you will prove worth talking to yet!!

SAIGON

Widespread Poverty Throughout Arab Muslim World
Two in five Arabs live in poverty as a widespread lack of basic elements of human security, such as access to clean water, freedom from hunger, democracy and a robust rule of law, is denying citizens of Arab countries the ability to fulfil their potential, a UN-sponsored report has said.

"One in five people in the Arab region lives below the internationally recognised poverty threshold of $2 a day as poverty and hunger persist in the Arab region despite its comparative affluence. However, a significantly larger proportion of Arabs in countries studied by the report, however, lives under nationally determined poverty lines and still cannot afford bare necessities," said the Arab Human Development Report 2009: Challenges to Human Security in the Arab Countries.

"Large segments of the population in low-income countries face basic deprivation, reflected in inadequate access to safe water and a high incidence of underweight children, with the number of undernourished people in the region rising from almost 20 million in 1990-1992 to 25.5 million in 2002-2004."

The report, which draws on contributions from more than 100 Arab scholars, said that human security, a pre-requisite for human development, was being undermined by unjust political, social, and economic systems, a scramble for power and resources among fragmented social groups and, in some cases and the impact of external military intrusion.

The ability of more than 330 million people in the Arab world to make progress in human development, lead stable lives and fulfil their potential can be achieved only if the sources of insecurity, environmental degradation, discrimination, unemployment, poverty, and hunger are addressed, the report said.

The report released in Manama on Tuesday identified a series of measures to improve human security that include guarantees on universal basic rights and freedoms, especially for women, better protection for the environment, the tackling of poverty and hunger, the expansion of access to affordable health services and ending occupation and military interventions that have caused human suffering and erase decades of economic development.

"The rights of women can be safeguarded by changing laws and attitudes that entrench gender-based discrimination.
gulfnews : Poverty rife in Arab world: UN report

JStone -

As I am sure you realise yourself - the point at which posters who have never been within 1,000kms of the ME start telling people who have lived and worked there what it is like - we have passed from idiocy to self-satire.

My guess is that you are actually a Pro-Palestinian troll, just looking for attention.

JStone -

As I am sure you realise yourself - the point at which posters who have never been within 1,000kms of the ME start telling people who have lived and worked there what it is like - we have passed from idiocy to self-satire.

My guess is that you are actually a Pro-Palestinian troll, just looking for attention.

SAIGON

UN: Arab World Rife with Illiteracy & Lacks Innovation
U.N. report finds one third of Arabs illiterate and only $10 per person spent on scientific research. The level of education, research and innovation in the Arab world is appalling, a new United Nations report has claimed.

The report, produced as part of a partnership between the United Nations Development Program and the United Arab Emirates-based Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Foundation, found that despite the efforts of scientists and researchers throughout the region, the Arab world makes up only 1.1% of global scientific publishing and the low level of investment into research has led to relatively low levels of innovation throughout the Arab world.

Examining a number of aspects of "the current Arab knowledge landscape," the report expressed "grave concerns over the state of education in the Arab world," with over one third of the adult population unable to read or write and major educational discrepancies between males and females.

The report found that despite 20% of national budgets in the Arab world being spent on education over the past 40 years, the average Arab individual reads very little compared to other societies and around 60 million Arabs are illiterate, two thirds of them women.

With almost nine million primary school-aged children not attending school in the Arab world, it is predicted that only a few select Arab nations will meet the universal primary education goal of the United Nation's Millennium Development Goals.

The report's harshest criticism was reserved for the lack of investment in academic and scientific research, hampering the ability of Arab nations to meet global occupational, technical and higher education standards. The report found that spending on scientific research in the Arab world does not exceed 0.3% of most nations' GDP and is 97% dependent on government funding.

While nations like Finland were found to spend over $1000 per person on scientific research each year, less than $10 per person is spent annually on scientific research in the Arab world. As a result, the number of patents registered with Arab national institutions is minimal and Arab scientists and researchers account for 1.1% of global scientific publishing.

"Things are really bad," Dr Ghassan Khateeb, Vice President of Community Affairs at Birzeit University in the Palestinian Territories, told The Media Line. "There is a direct relation between the lack of investment and the problematic situation we find ourselves in relation to knowledge."

"This is all related to politics," he continued. "The lack of democracy and lack of knowledge reinforce each other: the lack of education contributes to the lack of democracy and the fact that rulers can remain rulers without the will of the people. In turn, the fact that there is no proper democracy in the Arab world means that there is less incentive among rulers to really invest in knowledge of the kinds of things that have a positive impact on the public which would elect them."

"When there are vicious circles you have to work on both education and democratization together," he said.

The report was also critical of the quality of university education, citing a lack of emphasis on modern communication technologies and specialized sciences. "As a result," the UNDP wrote in a statement, "the region lacks a critical mass of highly skilled professionals equipped with the ability to innovate and capable of answering the needs of the marketplace."
UN: Arab World Rife with Illiteracy & Lacks Innovation | Menassat

JStone -

I tell you what - I'l give you a chance to prove that you are not a Palestinian troll.

Present your best point here....your single strongest case on any element of this topic.

Give me your absolute best shot.

And let's discuss that.

All of the other posters who hadn't been to the Middle East or had no conection with it, I put on ignore yesterday to establish a kind of minimum level of credible debate, but I do so enjoy reading your train wrecks I had to give you a chance....!

JStone -

I tell you what - I'l give you a chance to prove that you are not a Palestinian troll.

Present your best point here....your single strongest case on any element of this topic.

Give me your absolute best shot.

And let's discuss that.

All of the other posters who hadn't been to the Middle East or had no conection with it, I put on ignore yesterday to establish a kind of minimum level of credible debate, but I do so enjoy reading your train wrecks I had to give you a chance....!

Former PLO Leader Zuheir Mohsen
The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct Palestinian people to oppose Zionism.
Zuheir Mohsen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jstone -

Ok, so that is your best, your strongest point?

Ok, let's deal with that.

Have you heard of pan-Arabism?

Pan-Arabism was very much triumphed during the 1970s under Nasser. He talked very much about there being one Arabic people, with many countries. His rhetoric was informed by the Soviet concept of 'one country, many peoples' only inverted.

Mohsen's point is that the peoples of Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine are all very closely related. They speak one language, have family ties, and live on a relatively small area of land. Especially Jordan and Palestine - some 50%+ of people in Jordan have Palestinian blood. So the line between Palestine and Jordan is less ethnic than geographical. It is much like the Swiss, Austrians and Germans - they are very much a family of nations with a lot of cultural and linguistic ties to each other.

So Mohsen's argument (which I don't personally support) is that Palestine is a piece in a greater puzzle is not so different for me than the wish for people in Denmark to have close ties with Sweden, or France to Belgium, based on history, language and culture.

I don't think Mohsen LITERALLY means Palestinians do not exist - only that the greater Arabic concept is, for him, a greater and deeper tie.

Is that about right?

By all means discuss this in your own words, and without the usual spam and abuse, and maybe we can have a sensible adult discussion.

Jstone -

Ok, so that is your best, your strongest point?

Ok, let's deal with that.

Have you heard of pan-Arabism?

Pan-Arabism was very much triumphed during the 1970s under Nasser. He talked very much about there being one Arabic people, with many countries. His rhetoric was informed by the Soviet concept of 'one country, many peoples' only inverted.

Mohsen's point is that the peoples of Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine are all very closely related. They speak one language, have family ties, and live on a relatively small area of land. Especially Jordan and Palestine - some 50%+ of people in Jordan have Palestinian blood. So the line between Palestine and Jordan is less ethnic than geographical. It is much like the Swiss, Austrians and Germans - they are very much a family of nations with a lot of cultural and linguistic ties to each other.

So Mohsen's argument (which I don't personally support) is that Palestine is a piece in a greater puzzle is not so different for me than the wish for people in Denmark to have close ties with Sweden, or France to Belgium, based on history, language and culture.

I don't think Mohsen LITERALLY means Palestinians do not exist - only that the greater Arabic concept is, for him, a greater and deeper tie.

Is that about right?

By all means discuss this in your own words, and without the usual spam and abuse, and maybe we can have a sensible adult discussion.

SAIGON

Arab Commentator Azmi Bishara :badgrin:
Well, I dont think there is a Palestinian nation at all. I think there is an Arab nation. I always thought so and I did not change my mind. I do not think there is a Palestinian nation, I think its a colonialist invention - Palestinian nation. When were there any Palestinians? Where did it come from? I think there is an Arab nation. I never turned to be a Palestinian nationalist, despite of my decisive struggle against the occupation. I think that until the end of the 19th century, Palestine was the south of Greater Syria
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3n5-yG-6dU]Professor Azmi Bishara: There Is No "Palestinian Nation", Never Was ! - YouTube[/ame]

JStone -

The point has been addressed. Please comment on what has been presented.

Otherwise I think it will be fairly clear that you really are a Palestinian troll.

JStone -

The point has been addressed. Please comment on what has been presented.

Otherwise I think it will be fairly clear that you really are a Palestinian troll.

Former PLO Leader Zuheir Mohsen
The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct Palestinian people to oppose Zionism.
Zuheir Mohsen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In your dreams. Send us a link on this "self sufficient country of Palestine" you speak of.

Good plan???

In 1615 the English traveler George Sandys described Palestine as "a land that flows with milk and honey; in the midst as it were of the habitable world, and under a temperate clime; adorned with beautiful mountains and luxurious valleys; the rocks producing excellent waters; and no part empty of delight or profit."(4)

A British missionary who lived in Beirut and visited Palestine in 1859 described the southern coastal area as "a very ocean of wheat," and the British Consul in Jerusalem, James Finn, reported that "the fields would do credit to British farming."(5)

The German geographer Alexander Scholch concluded that between 1856 and 1882 "Palestine produced a relatively large agricultural surplus which was marketed in neighboring countries, such as Egypt and Lebanon, and increasingly exported to Europe. These exports included wheat, barley, dura, maise, sesame, olive oil, soap, oranges, vegetables and cotton. Among the European importers of Palestinian produce were France, England, Turkey, Greece, Italy and Malta."(6)

Lawrence Oliphant, who visited Palestine in 1887, wrote that Palestine's Valley of Esdraelon was "a huge green lake of waving wheat, with its village-crowned mounds rising from it like islands; and it presents one of the most striking pictures of luxuriant fertility which it is possible to conceive."(7) This Palestinian wheat had historically played an important part in international commerce. According to Paul Masson, a French economic historian, "wheat shipments from the Palestinian port of Acre had helped to save southern France from famine on numerous occasions in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries."(8)

Agricultural techniques in Palestine, especially in citriculture, were among the most advanced in the world long before the first Zionist settlers came to its shores. In 1856, the American consul in Jerusalem, Henry Gillman, "outlined reasons why orange growers in Florida would find it advantageous to adopt Palestinian techniques of grafting directly onto lemon trees."^ In 1893, the British Consul advised his government of the value of importing "young trees procured from Jaffa" to improve production in Australia and South Africa.(10)

Chapter 2: Encyclopedia of the Palestine Problem

BTW, when did Palestine start receiving welfare?

JStone -

So you are admitting that you are a pro-Palestinian troll, right?

I just want to be clear about this.

Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

JStone -

It's a genuine question.

When I see a poster who has never been to the Middle East telling a poster in Oman that he needs to "get out more", my first thought is - TROLL ALERT!!!!

I do not honestly believe that any adult anywhere in the world could post that without tears of laughter pouring down their face.

So you are either the least self-aware person on earth, or you are a troll.

Either way - you "political views" (as you prove again here when you refuse to discuss what you consider your strongest single argument) amount to self-abuse.

:cuckoo::cuckoo:
JStone -

It's a genuine question.

When I see a poster who has never been to the Middle East telling a poster in Oman that he needs to "get out more", my first thought is - TROLL ALERT!!!!

I do not honestly believe that any adult anywhere in the world could post that without tears of laughter pouring down their face.

So you are either the least self-aware person on earth, or you are a troll.

Either way - you "political views" (as you prove again here when you refuse to discuss what you consider your strongest single argument) amount to self-abuse.
:cuckoo:

JStone -

Given the situation - I think that is probably the best respnse possible.

My assumption from this point on is that you are a sock-puppet, and actually believe nothing that you post. Good luck to you, I say.

jstone -

given the situation - i think that is probably the best respnse possible.

My assumption from this point on is that you are a sock-puppet, and actually believe nothing that you post. Good luck to you, i say.

told ya so

You did, indeed!

The best thing to do with attention whores is ignore them...maybe if enough people ignore JStone he'll stop the act and post like a normal person eventually.

Forum List

Back