Lets all remember al gore....in 2006, shall we?

Actually, you may be right here. So you are starting to think about how we can best go green. Perhaps we need to figure out a better way. I know we don't have the perfect solution yet. But we do need to stop coal and oil. Perhaps nuclear is the way to go.

The demand for minerals likely won’t be met by mines in Europe or the U.S. Instead, much of the mining will take place in nations with oppressive labor practices. The Democratic Republic of the Congo produces 70% of the world’s raw cobalt, and China controls 90% of cobalt refining. The Sydney-based Institute for a Sustainable Future cautions that a global “gold” rush for minerals could take miners into “some remote wilderness areas [that] have maintained high biodiversity because they haven’t yet been disturbed.”

What are you personally doing to fight climate change?

if the heavily regulated a partisan google search engine does not find a source, it is not true?

You go to google like it is a deck of cards, winning the game, just by searching your opinion, and miraculously you find something that agrees with you?

hahaaha, you here this shit on the news, read it on the internet, and think that a link makes it true.
Marvin made some good arguments. I was able to do a google search and find the information he was talking about.

You should do google searches too. Don't just swallow what Breitbart tells you. Go find alternative links that confirm or deny what they say. I do it all the time. They lie constantly. That's probably why you won't show me your links.

Anyways, I can find my own that debunk your bullshit. And if you can't provide a link, then it's just you repeating what Republican lobbyists tell you. Stop that.

What are you personally doing to fight climate change?
Oh boy here goes that conversation again.

Here's one thing I'm doing. I'm going to buy my F150 tomorrow. Over the last 30 plus years I have leased a new car every 3 years. That's 10 cars. I'm going to run this car into the ground.

This is actually the advice they give when people ask if they should buy a battery car. They say no. Run the car you have into the ground first. Then maybe even buy a used gas car in the future. Or buy a battery car.

I find it funny my brother has a Jeep hybred and my cousin has a Tesla. Both of them are Republicans.

Actually, you may be right here. So you are starting to think about how we can best go green. Perhaps we need to figure out a better way. I know we don't have the perfect solution yet. But we do need to stop coal and oil. Perhaps nuclear is the way to go.

The demand for minerals likely won’t be met by mines in Europe or the U.S. Instead, much of the mining will take place in nations with oppressive labor practices. The Democratic Republic of the Congo produces 70% of the world’s raw cobalt, and China controls 90% of cobalt refining. The Sydney-based Institute for a Sustainable Future cautions that a global “gold” rush for minerals could take miners into “some remote wilderness areas [that] have maintained high biodiversity because they haven’t yet been disturbed.”

From your source

2,500 tons of concrete​

concrete, cement, is the largest source of CO2, most likely that is debatable, as there is always a conflicting website to everything on the internet.

to make cement you need extreme heat for the chemical reaction to occur, that heat comes from coal, or coke,

Marvin made some good arguments. I was able to do a google search and find the information he was talking about.

You should do google searches too. Don't just swallow what Breitbart tells you. Go find alternative links that confirm or deny what they say. I do it all the time. They lie constantly. That's probably why you won't show me your links.

Anyways, I can find my own that debunk your bullshit. And if you can't provide a link, then it's just you repeating what Republican lobbyists tell you. Stop that.
I do not need a link, the biggest things in the world obviously will create the most pollution during manufacturing.

I also know they use steel, cant make steel without coal,

I been posting on this website for years, I have tons of posts and threads on this subject with countless links. I am also a personal witness to the bankruptcies, the building and tearing down, of the wind industry. Having lived in the desert of california.

much of what I know is not found on the internet, that does not make it not true.

it is the fool that only believes, in google.

why not search the USMB website? There is more information here than a search will give you.

Oh boy here goes that conversation again.

Here's one thing I'm doing. I'm going to buy my F150 tomorrow. Over the last 30 plus years I have leased a new car every 3 years. That's 10 cars. I'm going to run this car into the ground.

This is actually the advice they give when people ask if they should buy a battery car. They say no. Run the car you have into the ground first. Then maybe even buy a used gas car in the future. Or buy a battery car.

I find it funny my brother has a Jeep hybred and my cousin has a Tesla. Both of them are Republicans.

So, buying 10 cars is what you're doing to fight climate change? LOL

I ride a motorcycle, so my fuel usage is tiny. I get 70mpg average.

Remember Reagan ordered the solar panels be taken off the white house? Republicans have been against going green forever because they are in the coal and oil lobbyists pockets. It's also why they want to build oil wells and pipelines throughout our most prestine places like Yellowstone.
Nope. Don’t remember that. Tell me more about those evil Republicans.

From your source

2,500 tons of concrete​

concrete, cement, is the largest source of CO2, most likely that is debatable, as there is always a conflicting website to everything on the internet.

to make cement you need extreme heat for the chemical reaction to occur, that heat comes from coal, or coke,

That was shocking. We have to figure that shit out for sure. Still we should go green.

I bet in the future we will be able to power the lights in our home off a pinwheel

images

Ahhh… so it’s a conspiracy.

So how is AGW affecting you again?
What a stupid question. More people today are getting cancer in their 50's. Why is that?

Also, in MI we can't breath because of the Canadian fires. The smokes covering our state. Now I know you aren't going to believe this, but global warming caused a lot of rain in the spring, which caused a lot of growth, which all dried up and died when it got hot, and caught on fire, which made the fires worse.

I know, you're going to say forest fires occured before MMCC. I know.
images

That was shocking. We have to figure that shit out for sure. Still we should go green.

I bet in the future we will be able to power the lights in our home off a pinwheel

images
you will have to blow a lot to keep the lights on, either way, pinwheels and wind turbines are insignificant sources of electricity.

you will have to blow a lot to keep the lights on, either way, pinwheels and wind turbines are insignificant sources of electricity.
Tell that to places near the great lakes who have them and use them to power their cities and will for decades to come. Imagine the gas they are saving.

It's like an expensive battery car. Up front cost is high but the savings last a long time.

A pinwheel could power a house. Reminds me of a pulley. One by itself can't lift much but the more you add the more you can lift.

Maybe one day a pinwheel can power my home. At least the lights. Wouldn't that be great? Or are you going to complain about how much it costs to make pinwheels?

Tell that to places near the great lakes who have them and use them to power their cities and will for decades to come. Imagine the gas they are saving.

It's like an expensive battery car. Up front cost is high but the savings last a long time.

A pinwheel could power a house. Reminds me of a pulley. One by itself can't lift much but the more you add the more you can lift.

Maybe one day a pinwheel can power my home. At least the lights. Wouldn't that be great? Or are you going to complain about how much it costs to make pinwheels?
Wind turbines do not last, decades. Wind turbines rarely work in the calm of the night. Wind turbines do not work during storms or low wind. Wind Turbines have not replaced gas or oil. Wind Turbines also do not supply power to industry.

Michigan is wasting money spending on Wind Turbines.

B9321209440Z.1_20160304195826_000_G14DLG62O.4-0.jpg

Wind turbines do not last, decades. Wind turbines rarely work in the calm of the night. Wind turbines do not work during storms or low wind. Wind Turbines have not replaced gas or oil. Wind Turbines also do not supply power to industry.

Michigan is wasting money spending on Wind Turbines.

B9321209440Z.1_20160304195826_000_G14DLG62O.4-0.jpg

Charles Brush's windmill of 1888, used for generating electricity is still going strong.

579px-Wind_turbine_1888_Charles_Brush.jpg

a pinwheel could never power your house, a million pinwheels will never power your house

Yes, I am going to complain about the cost of a million pinwheels as well as your need to plaster them on my house so you can attempt to make toast in the morning.

a pinwheel could never power your house, a million pinwheels will never power your house

Yes, I am going to complain about the cost of a million pinwheels as well as your need to plaster them on my house so you can attempt to make toast in the morning.

I remember a fast food restaurant had this mechanism on the ground in their drivethru. Ever time your wheel ran over it, it basically created electricity. 1000 cars roll over it a day.

I don't know what all they were powering with it but it's a good idea.

Put it this way. No one like you will come up with a better mouse trap.

Forum List

Back