Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Let's clear a few things up about the Indiana Religious Freedom Law

xf2git.jpg

Same bullshit, different decade.

In what way is it the same?
vq6ww5.jpg

2iw55pw.jpg

Same bullshit, different decade.

Nice photoshop. Same bullshit, same poster.

Moving on...

Wow.

You really need to look at the history of the US.

That is NOT Photoshopped.

But, my bet is you know that ...

Yep. So why is are there Americans wanting laws passed based on their particular brand of religion?

Why are certain RWs against it when Muslims do it but all in favor of it when its American fundies?
Who fucking cares......

Laws based on religious beliefs are, by definition sharia laws and I don't want sharia law in the US.

Buyt you're right that many RWs are in favor of sharia laws in the US - like Mike Pence.
You're a moron.
This is not a law basd on religious beliefs. It is the opposite of that in fact.

Yeah, that's probably why they named it the RELIGIOUS Freedom Act.

Read it.

:rolleyes:

I apologize if I'm the one who gave Rabbi the head trauma he's been recently exhibiting.

...even worse than the usual Rabbi.
Deflection, insults. It's what you go to when you can't keep up. Which is every discussion.

Well, I hope things are "cleared up" now about this discrimination law. Hiding behind the Bible to justify your hatred and bigotry is a shameful, shameful tactic.

You want STRAIGHT ONLY bakeries. No one is fooled. You are no different than your KKK political ancestors.

It's time to look in the mirror and see the truth about yourselves.

never been there! so your attempt at humor fails epically as always..

Never been to Indiana? Cool, so what right is it of yours to judge? Hmm?
too dumb
never been there! so your attempt at humor fails epically as always..

Never been to Indiana? Cool, so what right is it of yours to judge? Hmm?
if what happens in Indiana affects other states then I have every right to judge. that's why shit head..

Last edited:
Oh, and Boerne ruled the RFRA unconstitutional as it applied to the states. Congress could not compel the states to enforce the law on its own, therefore it was left to the states to pass these laws. I do believe the 10th Amendment granted them that right.

Ok, so after your usual kicking and screaming tantrum, you've admitted that yes, the law was ruled unconstitutional.
He admitted no such thing because that isnt true. Only the application to states was ruled unconstititional.
You get your ass handed to you every time.

You just admitted it.
No, I didnt. You have trouble reading simple things, dontcha?

During the conversation I mentioned the great social change that took place in our churches. A few years ago, Negroes had their own churches, and now, the very churches that one spoke against interracial marriages are performing interracial marriages.

It was at this time that I told him that these same churches will, in time, freely admit homosexuals into their congregations, followed by the performance of same-sex marriages.

He thought I was crazy - over reacting!

The KKK and It s Beliefs On Homosexuality

You are so desperate, aren't you?

Who fucking cares......

Laws based on religious beliefs are, by definition sharia laws and I don't want sharia law in the US.

Buyt you're right that many RWs are in favor of sharia laws in the US - like Mike Pence.
You're a moron.
This is not a law basd on religious beliefs. It is the opposite of that in fact.

Yeah, that's probably why they named it the RELIGIOUS Freedom Act.

Read it.

:rolleyes:

I apologize if I'm the one who gave Rabbi the head trauma he's been recently exhibiting.

...even worse than the usual Rabbi.
Deflection, insults. It's what you go to when you can't keep up. Which is every discussion.
bitch please!

Again, if the law is NOT designed to allow discrimination against gays (among others)

what IS it designed to do.

Someone give us a few cases of where this law would be applied by, let's say, a Christian businessman that would NOT involve discrimination.

Please. Anyone.
You're an idiot, like that's news.
The Hobby Lobby case before the Supreme Court is exactly the kind of thing this bill covers.

During the conversation I mentioned the great social change that took place in our churches. A few years ago, Negroes had their own churches, and now, the very churches that one spoke against interracial marriages are performing interracial marriages.

It was at this time that I told him that these same churches will, in time, freely admit homosexuals into their congregations, followed by the performance of same-sex marriages.

He thought I was crazy - over reacting!

The KKK and It s Beliefs On Homosexuality

You are so desperate, aren't you?
no! it always been you. just read your posts.. the desperation and ignorance are so thick it's laughable

Why did Governor Pence go virtually epileptic Sunday when asked the simple question would the law allow a florists and bakers to discriminate against gays?

Either it does or it doesn't.

Does it? Doesn't it?
ALL florists and bakers are right wing religious zealots?
Who knew?
not all, just the bigoted ones...flowers and cake don't care who smells them or eats them.
the money could give a shit too.
So, there are other bakers, florists, wedding planners, DJ's etc who can accommodate the couple.
Why a gay couple would practically DEMAND a service from the owners of an establishment who doesn't share their views is beyond me.
Should I demand Chic-fil-Abe open on Sundays because I really want their sandwich?

To some people, tolerance is not enough. They feel compelled to force Acceptance, which is rather an oxymoron.

Yep and the RWs want more and more laws, bigger and bigger government and the more invasive, the better.
Um, who is pushing for policies that force bakers to bake cakes for clients they dont want? You don tthink this stuff out, do you?

Again, if the law is NOT designed to allow discrimination against gays (among others)

what IS it designed to do.

Someone give us a few cases of where this law would be applied by, let's say, a Christian businessman that would NOT involve discrimination.

Please. Anyone.
You're an idiot, like that's news.
The Hobby Lobby case before the Supreme Court is exactly the kind of thing this bill covers.
false...

The federal law applies ONLY to actions taken by the government. For example, a prison refusing to allow a Muslim prisoner to wear a beard. It does not apply to dealings between individuals. Indiana's law does apply in that situation and in fact enjoins the state from preventing discrimination on any grounds so long as the discriminator can prove a "sincere religious belief" that requires said discrimination. A baker could now refuse to bake for an interracial couple, a gay couple, a Jewish couple or a Christian couple depending on the baker's
"sincerely held religious beliefs". That's a huge, huge difference.

I want to know the REASONS for the law that do not involve a religious defense to discriminate.

Give us ONE good example. In your own words.

Why? Where in that law do the words "discriminate" or "businesses shall have the right to discriminate based on religion" appear in the law? Can you prove to me that this law is different, I repeat, different from the 19 other laws already passed across the country?
oh oh not the the

Oh no, not another incoherent post from you!

I'm done. Ignored.

That's what you always do. A lot of name calling, sarcasm, nastiness and when it gets handed back to you, you run like the scared little boy you are.

Have the balls to stay on topic and discuss it like an adult.
Ironic post is moronic.
When shown they are wrong libs double down on stupid and post cartoons.

The federal law applies ONLY to actions taken by the government. For example, a prison refusing to allow a Muslim prisoner to wear a beard. It does not apply to dealings between individuals. Indiana's law does apply in that situation and in fact enjoins the state from preventing discrimination on any grounds so long as the discriminator can prove a "sincere religious belief" that requires said discrimination. A baker could now refuse to bake for an interracial couple, a gay couple, a Jewish couple or a Christian couple depending on the baker's
Wrong. The Indiana statute also applies only to government.

ALL florists and bakers are right wing religious zealots?
Who knew?
not all, just the bigoted ones...flowers and cake don't care who smells them or eats them.
So, there are other bakers, florists, wedding planners, DJ's etc who can accommodate the couple.
Why a gay couple would practically DEMAND a service from the owners of an establishment who doesn't share their views is beyond me.
Should I demand Chic-fil-Abe open on Sundays because I really want their sandwich?

To some people, tolerance is not enough. They feel compelled to force Acceptance, which is rather an oxymoron.

Yep and the RWs want more and more laws, bigger and bigger government and the more invasive, the better.
Um, who is pushing for policies that force bakers to bake cakes for clients they dont want? You don tthink this stuff out, do you?

Not me.

I just think laws should apply equally across the board.

No special dispensation for fundie phobes.

Read it. It applies to individuals in business.

Not me.

I just think laws should apply equally across the board.

No special dispensation for fundie phobes.
Because you dont respect religion. We get it.
So you support throwing American Indians in jail for using peyote, right?

Read it. It applies to individuals in business.
The laws are substantially the same. That's already been shown.

What do you think would happen if a gay couple asked a photographer to photograph their wedding and it turned out that the photographer was an old-style hippie who did not believe in marriage at all and viewed it as an oppressive and archaic institution, and who therefore never agreed to photograph any weddings--straight or otherwise?

Do you think the gay couple would walk away whining about being "victims of discrimination"? Do you think they would go running to the nearest lawyer to file a lawsuit against the hippie photographer? No, they would just go get another photographer.

So why can't they do that when a Christian photographer politely declines to service their wedding? Because they don't hate old-style hippies. But, they do hate Christians.

Most gays just can't stand any word or action that reminds them that their lifestyle is abnormal. They want to be treated as if their lifestyle is perfectly normal. They especially don't want to hear about God and what God says about their conduct.

Forum List

Back