🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Let's clear a few things up about the Indiana Religious Freedom Law

What do you think would happen if a gay couple asked a photographer to photograph their wedding and it turned out that the photographer was an old-style hippie who did not believe in marriage at all and viewed it as an oppressive and archaic institution, and who therefore never agreed to photograph any weddings--straight or otherwise?

Do you think the gay couple would walk away whining about being "victims of discrimination"? Do you think they would go running to the nearest lawyer to file a lawsuit against the hippie photographer? No, they would just go get another photographer.

So why can't they do that when a Christian photographer politely declines to service their wedding? Because they don't hate old-style hippies. But, they do hate Christians.

Most gays just can't stand any word or action that reminds them that their lifestyle is abnormal. They want to be treated as if their lifestyle is perfectly normal. They especially don't want to hear about God and what God says about their conduct.

There are many photographers who don't do weddings. If you don't do weddings and you say you don't do weddings, that's not discrimination. If you say you do weddings, but you only do white, heterosexual weddings, than you are discriminating. This really isn't that difficult.

So, there are other bakers, florists, wedding planners, DJ's etc who can accommodate the couple.
Why a gay couple would practically DEMAND a service from the owners of an establishment who doesn't share their views is beyond me.
Should I demand Chic-fil-Abe open on Sundays because I really want their sandwich?

To some people, tolerance is not enough. They feel compelled to force Acceptance, which is rather an oxymoron.

Yep and the RWs want more and more laws, bigger and bigger government and the more invasive, the better.
Um, who is pushing for policies that force bakers to bake cakes for clients they dont want? You don tthink this stuff out, do you?

Not me.

I just think laws should apply equally across the board.

No special dispensation for fundie phobes.
Because you dont respect religion. We get it.
So you support throwing American Indians in jail for using peyote, right?

I'm a religious person. I'm not a Christian. I do not believe religion should be used a basis for hate, discrimination and/or bigotry.

To some people, tolerance is not enough. They feel compelled to force Acceptance, which is rather an oxymoron.

Yep and the RWs want more and more laws, bigger and bigger government and the more invasive, the better.
Um, who is pushing for policies that force bakers to bake cakes for clients they dont want? You don tthink this stuff out, do you?

Not me.

I'm a religious person. I'm not a Christian. I do not believe religion should be used a basis for hate, discrimination and/or bigotry.
Well that's certainly white of you.
But other people believe their religion teaches that certain forms of behavior are wrong and immoral. It's called having standards. If you don thave any standards that's your right.

Do nutters EVER stop being disingenuous? Who are you trying to convince? Those who would ever....in a million years....take your side on this issue have already done so.

The basis for the law is to allow Christians who misinterpret the bible to discriminate against homosexuals. Why won't you just be honest. It's really tiresome.

Not me.

But other people believe their religion teaches that certain forms of behavior are wrong and immoral. It's called having standards. If you don thave any standards that's your right.

Very well said, Staph. Very well said.

Not me.

You have every right to your beliefs. You may practice your religious as you see fit. You do not, however, have the right to practice your religious beliefs on other people.

Do nutters EVER stop being disingenuous? Who are you trying to convince? Those who would ever....in a million years....take your side on this issue have already done so.

The basis for the law is to allow Christians who misinterpret the bible to discriminate against homosexuals. Why won't you just be honest. It's really tiresome.
Actually the basis was to allow Indians to use peyote in their rituals.
A day late and a dollar short. Maybe you should change your screen name to "One Brick Shy".

Not me.

You have every right to your beliefs. You may practice your religious as you see fit. You do not, however, have the right to practice your religious beliefs on other people.
Not trying to, Mortimer. The very opposite. If I dont want to support a gay wedding, it's my right. Im not telling anyone they cant have a gay wedding. But you and your pals want to force your beliefs on me and make me do somethign I dont want to do.
See the difference here?

Not me.

Nor should the secular law be used to hate, discriminate against, and be bigoted towards religious people.

A day late and a dollar short. Maybe you should change your screen name to "One Brick Shy".

You fail again. Disingenuous to the core.

Not me.

Nor should the secular law be used to hate, discriminate against, and be bigoted towards religious people.
See, its like this. When Christians want to be left alone to practice their religion then they are bigoted and need to be forced to abandon whatever it is. When leftists want to be left alone, it's freedom.

You fail again. Disingenuous to the core.
LOL! Merely typing "fail" doesnt make it so, One Brick. People generally supply things liek proofs or arguments to make their case, so they dont sound like morons.

never been there! so your attempt at humor fails epically as always..

Never been to Indiana? Cool, so what right is it of yours to judge? Hmm?
too dumb

if what happens in Indiana affects other states then I have every right to judge. that's why shit head..

This nasty disease has already spread to 20 states.

Sharia law - coming to state near you.

too dumb

if what happens in Indiana affects other states then I have every right to judge. that's why shit head..

This nasty disease has already spread to 20 states.

Sharia law - coming to state near you.
You can thank Bill Clinton for signing the original law.

Not me.

Okay, so where do the rights of the religious come in? Are there any rights at all?

Not me.

Nor should the secular law be used to hate, discriminate against, and be bigoted towards gays, Blacks, Jews, women, etc ...

Wouldn't you agree?

Not me.

Nor should the secular law be used to hate, discriminate against, and be bigoted towards gays, Blacks, Jews, women, etc ...

Wouldn't you agree?
You are defaulting to incoherence. Who said it should? Laws should protect people's rights. You have no right to my service but I have a right of private property.

Not me.

Wouldn't you agree?

Riddle me this: does the desire to be Tolerated justify forcing others to do things against their will? And by do things, I mean engage in what are normally voluntary, law-abiding activities.

And further Riddle me this: where do one person's rights stop and another's begin?

Forum List

Back