Let's get specific on the politics of GUN CONTROL

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
"Gun control" is such a vague, catch-all phrase. I know how important bumper-sticker sloganeering is nowadays, but maybe we could get more specific on the individual issues within the overall gun control issue.

Let's start off with background checks. It seems to me that doing a background check on anyone who wants to purchase a gun - universal background checks - makes perfect sense and there is no reason why gun shows, for example, should have any kind of exemption.

A strong of Americans can see a value in this. Poll shows bipartisan support for expanding background checks -- Conservatives, if you disagree with that, what are your reasons?

Poll shows bipartisan support for expanding background checks"Gun control" is such a vague, catch-all phrase. I know how important bumper-sticker sloganeering is nowadays, but maybe we could get more specific on the individual issues within the overall gun control issue.

Let's start off with background checks. It seems to me that doing a background check on anyone who wants to purchase a gun - universal background checks - makes perfect sense and there is no reason why gun shows, for example, should have any kind of exemption.

A strong of Americans can see a value in this. Poll shows bipartisan support for expanding background checks -- Conservatives, if you disagree with that, what are your reasons?
First, it represents an infringement on my right to sell my own property.
Second, it will be ineffective in reducing crime. Will criminals submit to background checks? No.
Third. Well, with an infringement of rights on one hand and an ineffective policy on the other what more do you need to understand it's a stupid policy?

Ya see that, Mac? How can anyone argue with airtight logic like that? The Rabbi has a right to sell his firearms......to anyone. There is no legal precedent that he'd agree with which would in any way regulate the sale of anything he owns to anyone. Period.

Last edited:
Second, it will be ineffective in reducing crime. Will criminals submit to background checks? No.
Third. Well, with an infringement of rights on one hand and an ineffective policy on the other what more do you need to understand it's a stupid policy?

You know what, you've sold me. So right. No more background checks.

Instead, when someone takes your former property and mows down a bunch of preschoolers with it, you face the same criminal charges he does, because you knowingly sold it to him.

Ya see that, Mac? How can anyone argue with airtight logic like that? The Rabbi has a right to sell his firearms......to anyone. There is no legal precedent that he'd agree with which would in any way regulate the sale of anything he owns to anyone. Period.
You are of course wrong and stupid. If I know the person is prohibited it is a crime to sell to him.
How many criminals consider that when selling their guns?

You know what, you've sold me. So right. No more background checks.

Instead, when someone takes your former property and mows down a bunch of preschoolers with it, you face the same criminal charges he does, because you knowingly sold it to him.
Why am I responsible for someone else's actions whn I had no idea that's what he would do?
WHen you sell a car to someone are you responsible if they get into an accident with it?
Joe is the biggest dumbshit on this site

You are of course wrong and stupid. If I know the person is prohibited it is a crime to sell to him.

How are you going to know if the person is prohibited?

Are there any other things that you aren't allowed to sell without meeting some kind of regulatory criteria? If so.......are all of these regulations infringements on your rights and to be ignored?

Well what about pipe bomb checks? How about knife checks?

Come on people. NOTHING will deter a homicidal maniac. You're full of shit.

Are there any other things that you aren't allowed to sell without meeting some kind of regulatory criteria? If so.......are all of these regulations infringements on your rights and to be ignored?

Ted Kennedy was on a no fly list. Obama would have banned him from having a gun.

You either know or you dont. If you know the guy is a resident of another state then you cannot sell to him. If you know he just got out ofprison on a felony, you cannot sell to him. But if you dont know then you dont.
Yes, you cannot sell your prescription drugs to someone else.

Ted Kennedy was on a no fly list. Obama would have banned him from having a gun.
Ted Kennedy's car killed more people than my guns.

You either know or you dont. If you know the guy is a resident of another state then you cannot sell to him. If you know he just got out ofprison on a felony, you cannot sell to him. But if you dont know then you dont.

You might benefit from the background check then. So you can be certain that you are selling to a person legally. If you said that, though, you'd be accused of being reasonable. Can't have that.

You might benefit from the background check then. So you can be certain that you are selling to a person legally. If you said that, though, you'd be accused of being reasonable. Can't have that.
If you really want to do that you are free to go to a dealer and insist it be done through his books. No one is stopping you.
Next.

If you really want to do that you are free to go to a dealer and insist it be done through his books. No one is stopping you.
Next.

Nope. Not next. You've not made the case.

I'm bored to death from reading the same shit from the same people on this subject. You aren't an exception. I've exposed your failed logic.

...background checks.

"background checks.", in some cases are worthless, simply because of some of the latest shootings were done by "terrorists" (my OPINION) who passed a ''background check", as for gun show background checks, that is an infringement on "free enterprise" of individual rights. i know this country has become more violent since 2008AD, and i know why!! :up:

I am on the fence on this one for sure, but..........wanting to change something as sensitive as what appears to be a fring of our fundamental rights leaves the onus of proof with those that want to change it in my book. Therefore, those on here who wish to change it, tell me/us which mass shootings would have been prevented by employing this new rule, and please be specific.

1 or 2 is not enough evidence in a country of over 300 million people. Not because I am not sympathetic to the victims or their families, but rather because it does not show a trend to me in such a large population, to in fact begin nibbling at rights and priviledges of the rest of Americans.

To my way of thinking, you already have to have a license for conceal carry, do you not? How many criminals have a conceal carry permit? And yet, they carry, don't they! So laws are the answer yes..............but more laws are NOT the answer, when we do not even know if the current laws work because the government is so lax in enforcing what is already on the books, wouldn't you say?

Why am I responsible for someone else's actions whn I had no idea that's what he would do?

ya know how to do a check on someone who might be a criminal wanting to buy a gun in a private transaction? lets say i have a $500.00 pistol to sell, someone asks, "how much?", i say 1,000 buck$, if he pulls out a thousand buck$ without haggling, he is a crook, an honest man will start haggling right away, "come on man, that thing isn't worth more than $350.00".., now we have a base to start from. :up:

as for Joe is the biggest dumbshit on this site, he does have some stiff competition from about 7 or 8 others ......... :lmao:

Most gun buyers are lawful citizens so the BG check is moot. Just how many would be buyers fail the test? Not many and the reason why is its Illegal to complete and sign the federal form to purchase a weapon if you know you're ineligible to purchase it in the first place.
Consequently, increasing BG checks will do nothing to reduce gun crime.

Then whats the point?

The point is to form a registry. Just like California did.... And now they are putting the list to use to confiscate weapons

It's all in the master plan

I resist their plan

-Geaux

Forum List

Back