Let's get specific on the politics of GUN CONTROL

This is NOT the Democrat party of old. wake up

SNIP:
How The Right Can Get Liberal Support For Gun Rights
The rare issue to divide liberals and leftists is one, like Obama’s gun proposal, that aims to accomplish a leftist end by illiberal means.
By Kyle Sammin
auth-default.png

By Kyle Sammin
January 7, 2016

As the new year begins, the Obama administration is taking a new run at imposing unilateral gun control measures. It is likely that the president will take some action related to his proposal, issued in November, that anyone on the terror watch list be barred from purchasing a gun. In doing so, he may inadvertently reveal a sharp divide in his own coalition, and may even create an opportunity for conservatives.

The president’s plan has many flaws and, as Gabriel Malor pointed out when the idea first emerged, Democrats have not even been completely honest about what they are proposing. But the biggest problem is that the president proposes to deprive people of constitutional rights by the simple expedient of placing their names on a list. No hearing, no trial, and no explanation necessary: just the simple typing of a person’s name renders him a second-class citizen.

This proposal has laid bare the divide between liberals and leftists. There is considerable overlap between the two groups, which is why they both have found a home in the Democratic Party. Both generally want to solve society’s ills by using the power of government to grind out the baser parts of our human nature, defining those base parts according to the progressive conventional wisdom of the moment. Both also profess an attachment to civil rights, although, as with their idea of human nature, their ideas on natural rights are prone to fluctuation.

The Daylight Between Liberals and Leftists
The difference between liberals and leftists is a matter of emphasis. One way to look at it is to say that liberals are concerned about means, while leftists are concerned about ends. Liberals are typically interested in process and structures. They care, to some extent, about checks and balances and fundamental ideas of fairness. Although they typically trust government as a whole and believe it is a force for good, they may distrust various parts of government, and will work to ensure there is oversight to provide that everyone is being treated fairly. They even, although less so than was once the case, have some good feelings for natural rights, especially those found in the Bill of Rights (with the exception of the Second Amendment, in recent years).

all of it here:
How The Right Can Get Liberal Support For Gun Rights

View attachment 59061

SNIP:
Obama, Davis Ask Supreme Court to Reject Texas Abortion Law

ALL of it here;
Obama, Davis Ask Supreme Court to Reject Texas Abortion Law

Fetuses aren't babies, Staph. If you have a problem with that, take it up with the 40 million women who've had them.
More lies. Kill a fetus and you'll be tried for murder if the mother wants to keep the child.

THAT is a fact they don't want to accept.

You really need to get away from the whole political football game, calm down, and look for the reality of the situation. I can't be bothered to talk to someone who is going to just spout partisan nonsense every time.
I'm calm, you're an idiot to assume much while knowing very little. You can't back up your simple minded talking points that don't address the problems. Blaming me doesn't help your case.

You really want the ignore list, don't you?

You really need to get away from the whole political football game, calm down, and look for the reality of the situation. I can't be bothered to talk to someone who is going to just spout partisan nonsense every time.
I'm calm, you're an idiot to assume much while knowing very little. You can't back up your simple minded talking points that don't address the problems. Blaming me doesn't help your case.
You really want the ignore list, don't you?
Oh please no master. How will I manage?

LOL. What a BB brain!

"Yawn, guy. Nazis didn't confiscate guns."

You either lied or are ignorant. November 11, 1938 Germany confiscated all weapons from Jews. And for you to claim this was no big deal shows your lies and/or ignorance continues.

Guy, the Jews had bigger problems in 1938 than guns. At that point, the State was confiscating everything they had and carting them off. I don't think a gun would have made that big of a difference.

You see, the average German who wasn't a Jew got to keep his guns. And none of them rushed out with their guns to protect their Jewish neighbors. They were too busy pointing out where the Juden lived.

Now, after the war, when the country was in ruins, the Average German who happily turned in his Jewish neighbor to the SS was all like, "Not me." But the notion that guns would have stopped the nazis is j ust laughable.

Forum List

Back