Let's raise the minimum wage! It's good for business, it's good for America!

How do you feel about your Congressperson voting in favor of the minimum wage?

• Total voters
yes! Lets make it 15 bucks per hour!

Why not $25?

Why not $25?

If you actually do the math, $23.50/hr is where minimum wage should be.

Minimum wage doesn't need to be raised.

Minimum wage doesn't need to be raised.

The state of the economy says differently.

Oh, wait, you;re blaming low GDP, etc. on the MW?

Please tell me you're joking.

No, middle class spending promotes a healthy economy.

Raising the minimum wage is not the issue the issue is how much should it be raised. I don't object to bumping the minimum wage up some but don't support doubling it to $15.00 an hour.

There was a time when people bumped up their own wages without government. Why should government bump up anything? If you want a bump up, do it yourself.

There was a time when people bumped up their own wages without government. Why should government bump up anything? If you want a bump up, do it yourself.

What year was that?

2016 , I switched jobs and got a nice $6 dollar raise. Thanks Nikki Halley!

Good for you! Are you now making what you're 'worth?' How much disposable income do you have?

Raising the minimum wage is not the issue the issue is how much should it be raised. I don't object to bumping the minimum wage up some but don't support doubling it to $15.00 an hour.

What year was that?

Good for you! Are you now making what you're 'worth?' How much disposable income do you have?

Live in South Carolina, with the cost of living here I would have disposable income if I was only making a third of $33 an hour.

I guess I am making what I am worth because I don't have to do a damn thing till August while they are finishing building the factory, except walk around and bullshit with the contractors .

This has been a hot button issue this campaign season, with the Democrat morons salivating at the mouth at the votes they hope to buy with promises of a minimum wage increase. Is there actually support among the people for this, though?

An issue many conservatives are on the wrong side of, and one where I think Trump has made another brilliant move. He's FOR a minimum wage increase, probably $11-12 an hour which will force Hillary to come out in favor of $15 which will make her look like an Occupy moron.

What year was that?

Live in South Carolina, with the cost of living here I would have disposable income if I was only making a third of $33 an hour.

I guess I am making what I am worth because I don't have to do a damn thing till August while they are finishing building the factory, except walk around and bullshit with the contractors .

So Nikki Halley created a job where you get paid for doing nothing? Until August?

This has been a hot button issue this campaign season, with the Democrat morons salivating at the mouth at the votes they hope to buy with promises of a minimum wage increase. Is there actually support among the people for this, though?

An issue many conservatives are on the wrong side of, and one where I think Trump has made another brilliant move. He's FOR a minimum wage increase, probably $11-12 an hour which will force Hillary to come out in favor of $15 which will make her look like an Occupy moron.

So Trump is now FOR a minimum wage hike?

So Trump is now FOR a minimum wage hike?

While, if you look at the poll results, his supporters are largely opposed to it.

Would throw a candidate out of office for raising the minimum wage:

A fast-food manager is talking to his crew, six or seven people standing around him with brooms, spatulas etc.

He says:

"I have good news, and I have bad news.

"The good news is, the new Minimum Wage law says I have to pay you more.

"The bad news is, I can't afford that, so two of you are fired."

A fast-food manager is talking to his crew, six or seven people standing around him with brooms, spatulas etc.

He says:

The lie being, 'I can't afford that.'

What lie is that? How do you know what anybody can afford?

Did you know that most small businesses fail within a certain amount of time? The first year or so, you lose money--hopefully to recoup that money the following year or two? You think we should make that even more likely with more government?

Here is what the owner of Subway Sandwich's said in an interview:

You're meeting with young entrepreneurs this evening. What's your impression of the climate for startups in 2013? Do think you could have started Subway today?

Well, if I had the same knowledge and resources I had back then, I don't think I would have been able to get through the maze that we have today. As a seventeen year old--a seventeen year-old with very little money--I would have been blocked. I'm pretty confident that the lag time to get open, the amount of costs to meet regulations, the rent I would have had to pay while I was burning up time...those things would have put me out of business.

Subway's Fred DeLuca: Nail the Basics, Then Expand

And in innercities, they can't afford even $7.25 an hour, which is why unemployment for teenagers is 50%. Now that's a national crisis, who needs a job to start life on the right foot more?

Then people will cry about automation taking those low paying jobs as if it weren't happening already.

When you force an expense on an employer, that employer has to take action needed to recoup that loss. It could be making employees pay more towards their healthcare plan, it could be increasing the price of your product, it could be cutting down on your workforce, it could be moving the jobs out of the country. But whatever it is, a business owner does what he or she has to do to stay alive.

Then people will cry about automation taking those low paying jobs as if it weren't happening already.

As I've pointed out to you before, automation has hit a wall due to technology. The fully automated McDonalds in Phoenix turned out to be a lie. The Google car continues to hit things such as a bus. How the hell can you miss a bus? A BIG 45 passenger bus.

When you force an expense on an employer, that employer has to take action needed to recoup that loss. It could be making employees pay more towards their healthcare plan, it could be increasing the price of your product, it could be cutting down on your workforce, it could be moving the jobs out of the country. But whatever it is, a business owner does what he or she has to do to stay alive.

If a business owner continually develops new revenue streams (like me) those revenue streams can pay for additional costs. But most business people aren't that smart, or they're lazy, so they 'dick' the people making them all of their monies.

LOL, the 'one percenter' who's creating 'new revenue streams' again shows you don't know the fundamentals of business. For example, sure, automation is happening because of technology, but you're pushing it faster by warping the costs. I'd expect a first year MBA student to grasp that, and you don't, LOL

Don't you like people like blackhawk who so freely are willing to decide what other people should spend on their employees and at what rate people who want to work will be denied jobs?

A lot of people just don't understand how business works--for instance:

If I'm an employer and want to give one worker a dollar an hour raise, it would cost me $40.00 a week assuming that this one employee works 40 hours a week.....that's what they think....

In reality, there are other costs associated with that one dollar an hour raise. Employers have to match your SS and Medicare contributions. If you make more money, they take more out of your check for SS and Medicare, and the employer has to match that new figure.

Then you have unemployment and Workman's compensation to consider. Those insurances go up with the new wages of that employee.

Then there is time off to consider, and perhaps an IRA from your employer which again--he matches a percentage of what you make. Even with only a two week vacation, those two weeks plus paid holidays really add up.

And that's one employee with only a one dollar an hour raise. What happens when government forces that employer to pay five, six or seven dollars an hour more to his over two dozen employees? It's a hell of a lot of money.

Yep, I am an employer and that's it exactly.

Another factor is that when the minimum wage goes up, I fire the people who aren't worth the new wage and hire better people since I have to pay more. The minimum wage is a hurdle, not a tide. It really, truly actually is

Yep, I am an employer and that's it exactly.

Another factor is that when the minimum wage goes up, I fire the people who aren't worth the new wage and hire better people since I have to pay more. The minimum wage is a hurdle, not a tide. It really, truly actually is

The question begs to be asked....Why would you keep an employee that isn't performing at any price?

First you may want to google "begging the question" since you don't know what it means.

Second, I wouldn't. I said they are worth $5 an hour, not $10

we have never actually tried that, that isn't Marxism, either. A CEO's income or actor or a sports figure should be merit based, not handed out to them. I want a million dollars because I think I merit it? Nobody merits the income Apple execs, Hollywood Oscar winners or NFL quarterback earns. It's pure bullshit.

True story;

I have an orange tree.

My neighbor has an orange tree too.

My tree is spindly and produces only a few oranges. His tree is vibrant and produces an amazing bounty.

Now I think there should be a law that my tree MUST produce a certain number of oranges, but your idea is that we should limit how many oranges his tree is allowed to produce.

Now I work 60 hours a week and am finishing up my Ph.D., he is retired. I rarely get around to watering my tree. I never weed around it, and haven't fertilized in years. He puts effort into his tree, I don't. So it's unfair that he should get more oranges, in fact I should scream "YOU DIDN'T GROW THAT" and pump my fist in and Obama/black panther gesture.

So the government should go and cut off healthy limbs from his tree to ensure that he doesn't produce more than his "fair share."

Communism, fucking brilliant.

He says:

He says:

Did you know that most small businesses fail within a certain amount of time? The first year or so, you lose money--hopefully to recoup that money the following year or two? You think we should make that even more likely with more government?

You're meeting with young entrepreneurs this evening. What's your impression of the climate for startups in 2013? Do think you could have started Subway today?

Well, if I had the same knowledge and resources I had back then, I don't think I would have been able to get through the maze that we have today. As a seventeen year old--a seventeen year-old with very little money--I would have been blocked. I'm pretty confident that the lag time to get open, the amount of costs to meet regulations, the rent I would have had to pay while I was burning up time...those things would have put me out of business.

And in innercities, they can't afford even $7.25 an hour, which is why unemployment for teenagers is 50%. Now that's a national crisis, who needs a job to start life on the right foot more?

As I've pointed out to you before, automation has hit a wall due to technology. The fully automated McDonalds in Phoenix turned out to be a lie. The Google car continues to hit things such as a bus. How the hell can you miss a bus? A BIG 45 passenger bus.

If a business owner continually develops new revenue streams (like me) those revenue streams can pay for additional costs. But most business people aren't that smart, or they're lazy, so they 'dick' the people making them all of their monies.

Automation has been taking American jobs by the millions for the last few decades. As for new technology that doesn't work perfectly just yet, it will given time. And a business doesn't have to be fully automated to take jobs away from Americans. It can be baby steps--baby steps, but eventually the technology and added technology will wipe out many lower income jobs that we have now.

No, for most businesses, they have all the revenue streams they are able to create. They will take measures to pay for losses to their company, and yes, employees.

we have never actually tried that, that isn't Marxism, either. A CEO's income or actor or a sports figure should be merit based, not handed out to them. I want a million dollars because I think I merit it? Nobody merits the income Apple execs, Hollywood Oscar winners or NFL quarterback earns. It's pure bullshit.

True story;

I have an orange tree.

My neighbor has an orange tree too.

My tree is spindly and produces only a few oranges. His tree is vibrant and produces an amazing bounty.

Now I think there should be a law that my tree MUST produce a certain number of oranges, but your idea is that we should limit how many oranges his tree is allowed to produce.

Now I work 60 hours a week and am finishing up my Ph.D., he is retired. I rarely get around to watering my tree. I never weed around it, and haven't fertilized in years. He puts effort into his tree, I don't. So it's unfair that he should get more oranges, in fact I should scream "YOU DIDN'T GROW THAT" and pump my fist in and Obama/black panther gesture.

So the government should go and cut off healthy limbs from his tree to ensure that he doesn't produce more than his "fair share."

Communism, fucking brilliant.

You're fucking weird. Who on here is promoting communism?

Communism didn't work, it's aberrant to human nature. Raising minimum wages is akin to cutting of a piece of rope and adding to the end to make it longer. It's a delusion. it's going to hurt more than help.

Why do so many Trump supporters oppose raising the minimum wage, even though their beloved candidate wants to raise it to $150/hr?

Why do so many Trump supporters oppose raising the minimum wage, even though their beloved candidate wants to raise it to $150/hr?

I don't get why Democrats are like that, you actually believe you have to agree with your candidate on every issue, it's pathetic. What's even more pathetic is you just change your position to theirs to do it. You're just a group think party

He says:

LOL, the 'one percenter' who's creating 'new revenue streams' again shows you don't know the fundamentals of business. For example, sure, automation is happening because of technology, but you're pushing it faster by warping the costs. I'd expect a first year MBA student to grasp that, and you don't, LOL

How are costs of new technology being 'warped?'

How are costs of new technology being 'warped?'

A business guy couldn't read that paragraph of basic business information, comic. You're so full of shit. You know no more about business and economics than the girl at Burger King who served me a veggie burger for lunch today.

By driving up the cost of NOT automating, you make the financial benefit of automation more favorable than it should be and you increase the rate automation is adapted speeding the rate the people you love and adore get fired. Nice guy you are ...

It should be $1000 per hour. Why should people settle for being upper middle class when they can be super rich?

Forum List

Back