Let's raise the minimum wage! It's good for business, it's good for America!

How do you feel about your Congressperson voting in favor of the minimum wage?

• Total voters
...Sports stars, Actors, CEOs, I don't care anymore. I work just as hard, too. ...

No you don't.

Oh, she very well may work as hard as them, but they aren't paid based on how hard they work. That's just a simple fact. They are paid based on how much revenue they make their bosses.

That's where people get mixed up, pay isn't based on how hard you work, it's based on how much revenue you earn your employer.

...Sports stars, Actors, CEOs, I don't care anymore. I work just as hard, too. ...

No you don't.

Actors, maybe.

Sports stars train their entire lives to get where they are. CEO's do nothing BUT work, at least all the one's I've been around, including my boss. Someone asked me if I was gunning for the top spot, and I said "hell no, I want to have a life."

No you don't.
Yes, Yes I do, AND who the hell are YOU to make such a remark? As far as I can tell you are some fat ass Asian computer geek with some ill defined personality disorder that has a compulsive need to control and demean. So there. Good lord.

No you don't.
.....As far as I can tell you are some fat ass Asian computer geek ....

Wrong again. You're bad at everything.
Really. You are projecting here. Are you this bad at Kung fu as you are here on this board? That is to bad. I have a image of you of a slightly overweight oriental kid with a inferiority complex. Fighting evil one poster at a time. Except, you sound just a snarky arrogant punk. I hope I am wrong.

I agree. If people can't do work that's worth a reasonable minimum, they shouldn't be allowed to work.

Unko, I have a glass of wine now and then. But that last reply of yours, Are you on meth? What the hell kind of answer is that? OK, takes this to a different level.

Actually, even Warren Buffet says that a large hike in the minimum wage would harm the economy and that the best way to help low-income folks is via the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), which is what conservatives have been saying for years.

Raising the minimum wage has cost us millions of jobs and has reduced youth employment by nearly 30% over the last 30 years.

I had my own experience with hiking the minimum wage when I worked for a car wash as a teen. The minimum wage rose by about 30 cents and the car wash had to lay off about 1/4 of the work force. Luckily, I was one of the workers they decided to keep. The manger explained that they simply could not afford to pay the same number of workers at the new wage rate.

Using the EITC makes so much more sense because it can target certain ages, incomes, etc., and it spreads the cost instead of imposing the whole cost on businesses. But, Democrats don't like it because they couldn't demagogue the EITC the way they do the minimum wage.

I can't quite believe that people are so caught up in the cult of the state that they think we can cure poverty by making it illegal.

Forum List

Back