Lets talk about income inequality

It shows the bottom 80% have far less than they did. That's a pretty large percent of the population. I'd say there is more wealth inequality than there was in 1983.

Sorry, they do not have "far less." What you are seeing there is the result of the real estate bubble bursting, not them suddenly getting poor. The bursting real estate bubble actually affected the rich people more than it did the poor.

Well are talking about wealth inequality. They have a far smaller % so inequality has increased. The numbers I've seen have the bottom 80% going from 18.7 in 1983 to 11.1 in 2010. Meanwhile the top 20% went from 81.3 to 88.9. It would seem the rich are doing better than the bottom 80%.

In order to claim they have far less you have to do a lot of things you aren't doing.

What is the margin of error of the numbers you are using?
What percent of the change is a result of the fed stimulus of the market through QE?
There are other questions, but most of them are technical, and some of them would take pages to answer.

Your links for NY firefighter and teachers still leaves them well out of the top 20%. So again isn't it bad then that their wealth as a percent of overall wealth is going down? It would seem there is now much less wealth equality for them.

The top 20% in income starts somewhere around $90,000. NYFD pays that after 5 years. You want to try and argue that most firefighters quit before they reach 5 years, or do you want to admit you don't know what you are talking about?

Firefighter Benefits and Salary

From what sources I find breaking the top 20% required around 99,000. So I think at best you can say some firefighters from very expensive cities might make it. But saying firefighters, police officers, and teachers are in the top 20% is not very honest. Most certainly are not.

Regardless the wealth of the bottom 80% has gone down vs the top 20%. That equals more wealth inequality. And it's gone down by a lot.

The Census Bureau puts it at less than $90,000. Unless you want to argue that their data is off, I will stick with their numbers, and you can shove your sources up our ass.

Your links for NY firefighter and teachers still leaves them well out of the top 20%. So again isn't it bad then that their wealth as a percent of overall wealth is going down? It would seem there is now much less wealth equality for them.

The top 20% in income starts somewhere around $90,000. NYFD pays that after 5 years. You want to try and argue that most firefighters quit before they reach 5 years, or do you want to admit you don't know what you are talking about?

It appears wealth is actually going down for the bottom 93 percent.
A Rise in Wealth for the Wealthy; Declines for the Lower 93% | Pew Social & Demographic Trends

Tough fucking shit.

By the way, your link clearly shows that the increase in Wealth for the upper 7% is in liquid assetts, which makes them a direct result of QE, something I have argued against repetedly. The makes the problem a result of government meddling, not the free market, and puts the ball squarely in the court of the people, like you, that support government meddling in the market.

I have been told it causes crime, gun violence, and is unfair. I say that it isn't a problem and that life ain't fair.

Anyone want to tell me why I am wrong?

Look at nations with no middle class. :eusa_whistle:

Why do conservative free marketeers as well as liberal economists propose and support schemes like the negative income tax? :eusa_shhh:

Life isn't fair and what human culture and society have done since a few generations removed from swinging in the trees is mitigate this fact. For in the long run,, the benefit of the many benefits the few. You can take that to the bank :cool:

Look at nations without a middle class? How? There isn't one anywhere on this planet, and has never been one. It would be easier for me to look at nations that have warp drive.

Well, there's income inequality and then there's wealth disparity. When the top 10% of the nation owns more wealth than the bottom 90% combined, there is something wrong. No country can long stand with such a disparity of wealth.

You act as if that is something new instead of the natural state of things since the beginning of time.

Actually...there is NO natural state of things. It is what culture nd society are all about...mutual benefit through cooperation.

What makes that unnatural?

Naturally life is not fair. It never will be.
But does being poor cause the above? Yes, and when the scales or gap is so wide does this issue really become a problem.

Being poor does not cause crime, despite the numerous studies from the wackos that tried to say otherwise.

NO ONE has ever said EVER being poor CAUSES crime. With that little slight of hand you're moving the goalposts.

If it did rich expletive would never break the law, yet they do. Poor moral choices cause crime.
:cuckoo:

Before you try to argue that poor people are more likely to commit a crime than a rich person I want to point out the obvious fact that rich people can afford lawyers and are thus much more likely to get away with crime than poor people. This skews the statistics to make it look like poor people are more likely to commit crime because there are more poor people convicted.
Wow thanks Capt obvious, Rich people have money! Well damn, learn something new everyday like...you only have your gums bumping as proof:lol:

Are you stupid? Plasma ball just said that being poor causes crime, yet you are arguing that no one ever said it.

Come back and addresses the issues after you pull your head out of your ass.

From what sources I find breaking the top 20% required around 99,000. So I think at best you can say some firefighters from very expensive cities might make it. But saying firefighters, police officers, and teachers are in the top 20% is not very honest. Most certainly are not.

Regardless the wealth of the bottom 80% has gone down vs the top 20%. That equals more wealth inequality. And it's gone down by a lot.

The Census Bureau puts it at less than $90,000. Unless you want to argue that their data is off, I will stick with their numbers, and you can shove your sources up our ass.

Link? What I find on their site has it higher.

Last edited:
Being poor does not cause crime, despite the numerous studies from the wackos that tried to say otherwise.

NO ONE has ever said EVER being poor CAUSES crime. With that little slight of hand you're moving the goalposts.

Before you try to argue that poor people are more likely to commit a crime than a rich person I want to point out the obvious fact that rich people can afford lawyers and are thus much more likely to get away with crime than poor people. This skews the statistics to make it look like poor people are more likely to commit crime because there are more poor people convicted.
Wow thanks Capt obvious, Rich people have money! Well damn, learn something new everyday like...you only have your gums bumping as proof:lol:

Are you stupid? Plasma ball just said that being poor causes crime, yet you are arguing that no one ever said it.

I repeat, NO ONE EVER says that being poor CAUSES crime. If I'm broke and reach in my pocket I don't pull out a robbery idiot.

Poverty causes people to do things to survive. Sometimes those things are against the law. You cant disagree with it so you'll just continue being sarcastic because you lack
1. A point and
2. See #1

I repeat, NO ONE EVER says that being poor CAUSES crime. If I'm broke and reach in my pocket I don't pull out a robbery idiot.

Poverty causes people to do things to survive. Sometimes those things are against the law. You cant disagree with it so you'll just continue being sarcastic because you lack
1. A point and
2. See #1

I repeat, Plasmaball did.

I have been told it causes crime, gun violence, and is unfair. I say that it isn't a problem and that life ain't fair.

But does being poor cause the above? Yes, and when the scales or gap is so wide does this issue really become a problem.

Take it up with him since you are the one insisting he is wrong.

1. A point and
2. See #1

You know he is not but when you have a bullshit as your point, you cant move past bullshitting everyone. Like I said
1. A point and
2. See #1

You know its true and I know it true. You cannot disagree with it without appearing even stupider

Actually...there is NO natural state of things. It is what culture nd society are all about...mutual benefit through cooperation.

Right, now lets all dance around the may pole with flowers in our hair singing "I'd like to buy the world a coke".

communes and been tried and all failed miserably.

Whatever in the whacky wingnut world are you yapping about this time? :cuckoo:

Civilization, culture, society -- without it we are mere beasts.

I agree, the issue is what kind of civilization, culture, or society we want to live in.

You seem to want a government controlled marxist collectivist kind of system. I want individual freedom and opportunity----the problem you libs have with that is that real freedom includes the freedom to fail, you want the govt to keep everyone from ever failing and you want to punish those who succeed.

Right, now lets all dance around the may pole with flowers in our hair singing "I'd like to buy the world a coke".

I agree, the issue is what kind of civilization, culture, or society we want to live in.

You seem to want a government controlled marxist collectivist kind of system. I want individual freedom and opportunity----the problem you libs have with that is that real freedom includes the freedom to fail, you want the govt to keep everyone from ever failing and you want to punish those who succeed.

You cant seem to verbalize what you want and only capable of building strawmen of what you think others want.

You not only seem, you present evidence of an unstable mind. Marxist? :cuckoo:

What do progressives know about civilization, culture, or society? Their idealogy is a poison to all three.

Progressives? I bet you think the founding fathers and the framers were right wing conservatives? :rofl:

Why do conservative free marketeers as well as liberal economists propose and support schemes like the negative income tax? :eusa_shhh:

Life isn't fair and what human culture and society have done since a few generations removed from swinging in the trees is mitigate this fact. For in the long run,, the benefit of the many benefits the few. You can take that to the bank :cool:

Look at nations without a middle class? How? There isn't one anywhere on this planet, and has never been one. It would be easier for me to look at nations that have warp drive.
This thread is a keeper...let us hope poor little Windy never complained about a shrinking middle class or one being destroyed, since we know where that kind of alarmist rhetoric leads us...

Destruction of a middle class implies a nation that has one can exist without one

Last edited:

1. A point and
2. See #1

You know he is not but when you have a bullshit as your point, you cant move past bullshitting everyone. Like I said
1. A point and
2. See #1
You know its true and I know it true. You cannot disagree with it without appearing even stupider

How the fuck do you know what I know? Can you read my mind? What am I thinking now?

Wrong.

This thread is a keeper...let us hope poor little Windy never complained about a shrinking middle class or one being destroyed, since we know where that kind of alarmist rhetoric leads us...

Destruction of a middle class implies a nation that has one can exist without one

I leave that to the idiots. In fact, every time someone posts something like that, I ask why I should be upset because people are moving up out of the middle class.

All you would have to do to prove your point is find a single example of a nation that has no middle class. That would be statically impossible, because, by definition, they are the people who are between the upper class and the working class, but have fun.

Last edited:

1. A point and
2. See #1

How the fuck do you know what I know? Can you read my mind? What am I thinking now?

Wrong.

^^The last throws of an idiot

You act as if that is something new instead of the natural state of things since the beginning of time.

What makes that unnatural?

Human beings being of the animal kingdom, it was the development of culture that we think allowed mankind to evovle. Look it up :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back