Let's talk about NDAA (Ron Paul)

That provision of the NDAA will go down to just another overreaction to 9-11. Once attacked, Americans will give up anything for the illusion of security. George Bush was a master at it. Wrap it up in the flag, tell Americans it is patriotic and we agree to anything.

As it is, it only has the potential for abuse and we will get over it and move on........we always do

WOW you sound like you're bitching about the NDAA, but you mentioned Geroge bush as being a master of manipulation? You're bitching, but you just can't seem too place the blame where it's due.:eusa_whistle::cuckoo:

Wasn't Obama who put those clauses in the NDAA

He had a choice of vetoing the Defense Authorization in a time of war or holding his nose and signing it

He took the cowards way out

But obama did insist that the indefinite detention clause be added too the bill and he did sign the bill into law.

WOW you sound like you're bitching about the NDAA, but you mentioned Geroge bush as being a master of manipulation? You're bitching, but you just can't seem too place the blame where it's due.:eusa_whistle::cuckoo:

He had a choice of vetoing the Defense Authorization in a time of war or holding his nose and signing it

But obama did insist that the indefinite detention clause be added too the bill and he did sign the bill into law.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/15/us/politics/obama-wont-veto-military-authorization-bill.html?_r=0

That provision of the NDAA will go down to just another overreaction to 9-11. Once attacked, Americans will give up anything for the illusion of security. George Bush was a master at it. Wrap it up in the flag, tell Americans it is patriotic and we agree to anything.

As it is, it only has the potential for abuse and we will get over it and move on........we always do

He signed it, he owns it. The King is dead, long live the King!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/15/us/politics/obama-wont-veto-military-authorization-bill.html?_r=0

of course,he's not going to veto a bill when he get's what he wants, how many times has obama said he was going too do something but turn around and do the opposite?

Before the Democrats launched this tremendous and continuous attack on the Second Amendment, I was going about my regular civilian life, unaware of the abuses being done. It's entirely possible for someone just recently awoken by current events to just find out about NDAA.

Before the Democrats launched this tremendous and continuous attack on the Second Amendment, I was going about my regular civilian life, unaware of the abuses being done. It's entirely possible for someone just recently awoken by current events to just find out about NDAA.

Well at least you're awake, welcome too the ride.

I didn't even know this NDAA bill existed until today. I realized, for simply dissenting against this government, rather terrible things could happen you. I had a terrible reaction and disconnected my internet for hours, in fact I even announced I was pulling my plug on these forums in this thread.

That’s the problem, not the law.

Otherwise, your understanding of the law is completely incorrect.

Unfortunately the NDAA can not be discussed in an intelligent, factual, or rational manner – as it’s the propensity of the right to engage in an hysterical misrepresentation of the legislation, making false claims as to the power it affords the government.

It does not authorize the government to indefinitely detain US citizens or LPRAs.

It does not authorize the government to suspend habeas or due process rights.

It does not authorize the government to ‘declare’ martial law at any time for any reason.

These are but a few examples of the lies told by the right.

The Supreme Court has been consistent with regard to both what constitutes martial law and the protection of citizens’ due process rights. In Ex parte Milligan (1866), the High Court held that, among other factors, marital law could be declared only in jurisdictions where the courts had ceased to function as a consequence of war. In Hamdi v. Rumsfeld (2004), the Court ruled that US citizens are entitled to due process rights, even when detained for suspicion of terrorist acts against the United States.

Given these and other facts, it’s sheer idiocy – or lies maintained by partisan rightwing hacks – to suggest that Americans can be snatched off the street, taken to some unknown location, and held in custody absent counsel and a hearing before a neutral magistrate.

You really need to buy more guns....you can't be too sure

I didn't even know this NDAA bill existed until today. I realized, for simply dissenting against this government, rather terrible things could happen you. I had a terrible reaction and disconnected my internet for hours, in fact I even announced I was pulling my plug on these forums in this thread.

Unfortunately the NDAA can not be discussed in an intelligent, factual, or rational manner – as it’s the propensity of the right to engage in an hysterical misrepresentation of the legislation, making false claims as to the power it affords the government.

It does not authorize the government to indefinitely detain US citizens or LPRAs.

It does not authorize the government to ‘declare’ martial law at any time for any reason.

The Supreme Court has been consistent with regard to both what constitutes martial law and the protection of citizens’ due process rights. In Ex parte Milligan (1866), the High Court held that, among other factors, marital law could be declared only in jurisdictions where the courts had ceased to function as a consequence of war. In Hamdi v. Rumsfeld (2004), the Court ruled that US citizens are entitled to due process rights, even when detained for suspicion of terrorist acts against the United States.

Given these and other facts, it’s sheer idiocy – or lies maintained by partisan rightwing hacks – to suggest that Americans can be snatched off the street, taken to some unknown location, and held in custody absent counsel and a hearing before a neutral magistrate.

In December 2011, President Obama signed the 2012 NDAA, codifying indefinite military detention without charge or trial into law for the first time in American history. The NDAA's dangerous detention provisions would authorize the president — and all future presidents — to order the military to pick up and indefinitely imprison people captured anywhere in the world, far from any battlefield. The ACLU will fight worldwide detention authority wherever we can, be it in court, in Congress, or internationally.

Under the Bush administration, similar claims of worldwide detention authority were used to hold even a U.S. citizen detained on U.S. soil in military custody, and many in Congress now assert that the NDAA should be used in the same way again. The ACLU believes that any military detention of American citizens or others within the United States is unconstitutional and illegal, including under the NDAA. In addition, the breadth of the NDAA’s detention authority violates international law because it is not limited to people captured in the context of an actual armed conflict as required by the laws of war.
NDAA | American Civil Liberties Union

I never knew the ACLU was a right wing organization...

You are very very mistaken. If it doesn't give the military authority to detain civilians why did obama do a signing statement saying he would not use that authority against the civilian population?

Drama Queen
Good! Good!

Ron Paul is a Constitutionalist, criticize him at every opportunity!

Soon, Communism will be the Supreme Law of the Land!

Victory is close at hand Komrades!

Yes, the stock market has doubled in value under President Obama, so I guess we're all commies now! What world are you living in?

Yes, the stock market is doing GREAT!!

How the FUCK does that help the poor, jobless people that aren't INVESTED in it?

The Founding Fathers would be considered Terrorists today:

Here's a quote I came across on a website that expresses my sentiments.

Think about it, the very ideas and people that helped create and forge our liberty and freedoms would be spied on and incarcerated nowadays, even before they created a full blown revolution. How ironic that nowadays the very same values that the Founding Fathers created our Nation with are now once again viewed by the powers that be as a threat. Freedom of speech, speaking out against large banks, speaking out against corporations, warning against monopolies. But actually financing terrorists by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, HSBC, Standard Chartered, and all the others which are acting as accomplices to terrorism (including narcoterrorism) and co-conspirators to terrorism isn't putting anyone in those companies on a watch-list or in prison, now is it? And the politicians and lobbyists that accept money from those companies and aid their activities (including writing laws for those criminals) aren't on watch-lists or in prison, are they? Double standards and hypocrisy. Anyway, back to my books and Common Sense

The Founding Fathers were a bunch of rich douchebags who didn't want to pay their fair share in taxes, and imposed an independent government on a country that was mostly just fine with remaining part of the British Empire.

There's really nothing all that admirable about them.

If they had lost, we'd be Canadians today. That means we would have ended slavery 30 years earlier and have single payer health care.

Think about it, the very ideas and people that helped create and forge our liberty and freedoms would be spied on and incarcerated nowadays, even before they created a full blown revolution. How ironic that nowadays the very same values that the Founding Fathers created our Nation with are now once again viewed by the powers that be as a threat. Freedom of speech, speaking out against large banks, speaking out against corporations, warning against monopolies. But actually financing terrorists by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, HSBC, Standard Chartered, and all the others which are acting as accomplices to terrorism (including narcoterrorism) and co-conspirators to terrorism isn't putting anyone in those companies on a watch-list or in prison, now is it? And the politicians and lobbyists that accept money from those companies and aid their activities (including writing laws for those criminals) aren't on watch-lists or in prison, are they? Double standards and hypocrisy. Anyway, back to my books and Common Sense

I was reading about the NDAA legislation. Having watched many videos on it, and read many articles about it, I came across several Ron Paul Videos. The first one I watched was this one:

Ron Paul vs. Obama and NDAA - YouTube

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/280488-ten-gun-myths-and-memes-shot-down.html

Now let me tell you something, I've only cried twice in my male adult life: Once when my father died; today, when I realized the implications of the NDAA legislation, the recent DHS releases, the gun grab and the collapsing US dollar.

Tell me, no spin, no garbage, what you think about the NDAA.

The embolden statement above, that you did not know about NDAA is terrifying to me

Why?

Well look at the handle you gave yourself. It is based on your love of the constitution.

But you didn't know this law was in place and resigned by the POTUS?

No wonder this nation is falling the fuck apart.

People think they know what's happening and they're pissed, but they don't apparently know jackshit about what really happening.

They're so ignroant that they can willing be tools for the R or D criminal organizations that pass bills like NDAA.

I don't mean to offend you, mate, but seriously...

You gotta start paying attention to the NEWS and stop listening to TALKING HEADS.

You and every other POLITICAL PARTISAN in this nation.

Politics isn't a football game, its for real.

Man up and READ A BOOK.

We don't agree much but most of your post I agree with with exception of the news part. I trust the media (cable and national) as much as I trust the government.

My point was trust either of them without also checking for alternate sources is a mistake.

TV news is so dumbed down that if one counts on that to explain to you what is happening, you really aren't merely remaining ignorant, you are being purposefully MISinformed.

What YOU and I NEED TO KNOW is far too complex for the TV news. And to be candid the TV new isn't really trying to inform you, its trying to convince you.

If you want to know what is going on, you can NOT do that by listening to the news.

The nature of the conspiractorial crimes against this nation are far too complex to understand based on what you hear on TV or the radio.

It all depends on the outcome of your revolution and who writes the history

Win and you are a patriot
Lose and you are a traitor

Was John Brown a patriot or a traitor?

Forum List

Back