Lib gun lies getting to big for even libs to swallow

Correct. On average it's been more than one a day. So if we had one a day we'd be improving.

October 1: 274 days, 294 shootings

There was a calendar I posted a while back -- I'll see if I can find it.
EDIT --
here we go. From early this month, where this article noted the San Bernardino shootings were one of two that day -- the other going all but unnoticed -- and the 355th this year.

It includes this calendar:

imrs.php

Note that the numbers in the date boxes represent the number of shootings that day, not the number of victims.

But -- see all those days in grey? Those are the days we got away without a shooting. Sometimes even three or four of them in a row! :eusa_dance:

So you're right. There isn't one every day.

Last edited:
Yet many news outlets keep declaring that there have been upwards of "355 mass shootings this year" or "more than one mass shooting per day." Many gun control advocates say the same.

This wildly inflated statistic isn't just misleading the public—it's stirring undue fear and may be encouraging bad policies.

Everyone is desperate to know why these attacks happen and how we might stop them—and we can’t know, unless we focus on useful data.
In fact, there have been four mass shootings this year. Or, if you count using the federal government's current criteria—three or more victims killed in an indiscriminate public rampage—there have been six mass shootings this year. from same link above.......oooooops

After spending 16 hours in class training in order to obtain a concealed carry permit, you're telling me that I am the one who is supposed to give up my firearms while you have done nothing to take guns away from the hands of criminals?

Democrats... pecking away at reality one measure at a time.

Fuck you asshols. :fu:

Yet many news outlets keep declaring that there have been upwards of "355 mass shootings this year" or "more than one mass shooting per day." Many gun control advocates say the same.

This wildly inflated statistic isn't just misleading the public—it's stirring undue fear and may be encouraging bad policies.

Everyone is desperate to know why these attacks happen and how we might stop them—and we can’t know, unless we focus on useful data.
In fact, there have been four mass shootings this year. Or, if you count using the federal government's current criteria—three or more victims killed in an indiscriminate public rampage—there have been six mass shootings this year. from same link above.......oooooops

Funny then that that's not what your link says.

Oops.

After spending 16 hours in class training in order to obtain a concealed carry permit, you're telling me that I am the one who is supposed to give up my firearms while you have done nothing to take guns away from the hands of criminals?

Where'd anybody even bring that up?

It was brought up. Your ass.

Oops.
Came directly from said article....oooops

It was brought up. Your ass.

Ain't seein' it.

Oops.
Came directly from said article....oooops

Ain't seein' it.

Did you think you could leave a link and nobody would check it?

Correct. On average it's been more than one a day. So if we had one a day we'd be improving.

EDIT --
here we go. From early this month, where this article noted the San Bernardino shootings were one of two that day -- the other going all but unnoticed -- and the 355th this year.

imrs.php

Note that the numbers in the date boxes represent the number of shootings that day, not the number of victims.

But -- see all those days in grey? Those are the days we got away without a shooting. Sometimes even three or four of them in a row! :eusa_dance:

Wrong…they are lying….if you ask any normal person to describe a mass shooting, they will say, correctly, it is an individual who goes to a public place, a school, a mall or a theater…and starts to shoot people.

The lie comes from shooting tracker…in order to inflate their numbers past any sane understanding of mass shootings, they include any shooting where more than one person is shot….

So…that means when the gang bangers have parties and they get drunk, high, and angry and start shooting each other over dice games…they count that….

Go to shooting tracker, look up the news stories linked to each shooting….you can read them…they include any shooting and most of them are not mass shootings but criminals shooting each other.

EDIT --

imrs.php

Wrong…they are lying….if you ask any normal person to describe a mass shooting, they will say, correctly, it is an individual who goes to a public place, a school, a mall or a theater…and starts to shoot people.

The lie comes from shooting tracker…in order to inflate their numbers past any sane understanding of mass shootings, they include any shooting where more than one person is shot….

So…that means when the gang bangers have parties and they get drunk, high, and angry and start shooting each other over dice games…they count that….

Go to shooting tracker, look up the news stories linked to each shooting….you can read them…they include any shooting and most of them are not mass shootings but criminals shooting each other.

What does the word "mass" mean on your planet?

mass

[mas]

adjective
11. pertaining to, involving, or affecting a large number of people: mass unemployment; mass migrations; mass murder.

14. reaching or designed to reach a large number of people: television, newspapers, and other means of mass communication.
15. done on a large scale or in large quantities: mass destruction.​

--- Dictionary.com

Last edited:
What I find most confusing is the inability of anyone to wrest firearms from the grasp of evildoers.

They seem more intent upon taking guns away from law abiding folk.

Maybe because it's easier?

They know that no matter what they do they can't disarm criminals. They know very clearly that if they pass a law they can get all the other gun owners since they will obey the law…since a normal person has a lot to lose if they get caught in a clerical error because of a gun….They will become a felon and lose their job, their homes….and ruin their lives.

Since criminals actually use guns to murder people only 8,124 times in 2014, while there are over 357 million guns in private hands….by focusing on making clerical errors and simple mistakes with guns felonies…they can get those 357 million guns……

EDIT --

imrs.php

What it is commonly understood in this country….when an individual enters a public space with the intent on shooting innocent people. It does not include the home boys getting high and shooting each other over a dice game.

This is the point about why they focus on law abiding people….

Glenn Reynolds: How gun laws put the innocent on trial

Cottrol noted that crimes like carrying or owning a pistol without a license are what the law has traditionally termed malum prohibitum — that is, things that are wrong only because they are prohibited. (The contrast is with the other traditional category, malum in se, those things, like rape, robbery, and murder, that are wrong in themselves.)

Traditionally, penalties for malum prohibitum acts were generally light, since the conduct that the laws governed wasn’t wrong in itself. But modern American law often treats even obscure and technical violations of gun laws as felonies and —Cottrol noted — prosecutors often go out of their way to prosecute these crimes more vigorously even than traditional crimes like rape or murder.

If it were up to me, I’d find it a violation of the due process clause to treat violation of regulatory statutes as a felony.

Historically, only the most serious crimes — typically carrying the death penalty — were felonies.Nowadays, though, we designate all sorts of trivial crimes, such as possessing an eagle feather, as felonies. This has the effect of empowering police and prosecutors at the expense of citizens, since it’s easy to find a felony if you look hard enough, and few citizens have the courage of a veteran like Cort, who went to trial anyway. Most will plead to something.

Meanwhile, on the gun front, I think we need federal civil rights legislation to protect citizens who make innocent mistakes. Federal law already defines who is allowed to possess firearms. Under Congress’s civil rights powers (gun ownership and carrying, after all, are protected under the Second Amendment), I think we need federal legislation limiting the maximum penalty a state can assess for possessing or carrying a firearm on the part of someone allowed to own a gun under federal law to a $500 fine. That would let states regulate reasonably, without permitting this sort of injustice.

EDIT --

imrs.php

mass

[mas]

adjective
11. pertaining to, involving, or affecting a large number of people: mass unemployment; mass migrations; mass murder.

14. reaching or designed to reach a large number of people: television, newspapers, and other means of mass communication.

--- Dictionary.com

And again…they lie about the definition that is common…..

EDIT --

imrs.php

mass

[mas]

adjective

--- Dictionary.com

And they lie….they know that the common understanding of a mass shooting is not gang bangers shooting other gang bangers……

Connotation Definition
Connotation refers to a meaning that is implied by a word apart from the thing which it describes explicitly. Words carry cultural and emotional associations or meanings in addition to their literal meanings or denotations.

Forum List

Back