Liberal Education That Leads To Murder

Because someone committed a crime based on racist beliefs he learned in anthropology, you surmise that secular education itself is inherently bad? :lol:

I'm reporting testimony by a convicted killer that does seem to indicate that, doesn't it?

How many such examples would you require to be convinced?

And, speaking of 'secular indoctrination,' which some call education:

“It is very difficult for many people to acknowledge the low intellectual and moral level to which many professors and universities have fallen. On Feb. 21, the 600 Northwestern University students enrolled in the popular Human Sexuality course taught by professor John Michael Bailey were told that if they wished to stay after class -- it was clearly made optional -- they would see a live demonstration of female ejaculation, the subject of that day's class. A naked young woman (not a student) would demonstrate a "f---saw" and come to orgasm in front of the students.

About 120 students stayed.When word came out about this contribution to young people's understanding of life, the university defended it. Its official spokesman, Al Cubbage, released this statement: "Northwestern University faculty members engage in teaching and research on a wide variety of topics, some of them controversial and at the leading edge of their respective disciplines. The university supports the efforts of its faculty to further the advancement of knowledge."

…In Bailey's class and Mr. Cubbage's statement, we have reached the logical culmination of the '60s and '70s. Instead of studying Dead White European Males, students get to study a young white living female ejaculating with a f---saw…. For four years, the American college student is taught that human beings are animals…. the exhibition is no different than watching a female baboon having sex. http://townhall.com/columnists/dennisprager/2011/03/08/the_$50,000_orgasm/page/2

Secular enough for ya'?

Some historical figures would agree with you

"Secular schools can never be tolerated because such schools have no religious instruction, and a general moral instruction without a religious foundation is built on air; consequently, all character training and religion must be derived from faith"
-- Adolf Hitler; at Nazi-Vatican Concordat (Apr. 26, 1933)

You seem to regularly show a.... sensitivity.... to the term 'education.'

It it the lack thereof that has produced such resentment for folks who have one?

This is why you shouldn't have jumped at the first one you saw advertised on the back of a book of matches.

Look at the bright side.....you do a mean sketch of a pirate.

Sorry. I don't have a BS in Bible Study. Or some might call it, a "Double BS".

Judging by the quality of your work, you don't even have a high school diploma.

True?

Coming from you, that's quite a compliment. You couldn't judge a pie eating contest. Not with any accuracy or honesty.

Because someone committed a crime based on racist beliefs he learned in anthropology, you surmise that secular education itself is inherently bad? :lol:

I'm reporting testimony by a convicted killer that does seem to indicate that, doesn't it?

“It is very difficult for many people to acknowledge the low intellectual and moral level to which many professors and universities have fallen. On Feb. 21, the 600 Northwestern University students enrolled in the popular Human Sexuality course taught by professor John Michael Bailey were told that if they wished to stay after class -- it was clearly made optional -- they would see a live demonstration of female ejaculation, the subject of that day's class. A naked young woman (not a student) would demonstrate a "f---saw" and come to orgasm in front of the students.

About 120 students stayed.When word came out about this contribution to young people's understanding of life, the university defended it. Its official spokesman, Al Cubbage, released this statement: "Northwestern University faculty members engage in teaching and research on a wide variety of topics, some of them controversial and at the leading edge of their respective disciplines. The university supports the efforts of its faculty to further the advancement of knowledge."

…In Bailey's class and Mr. Cubbage's statement, we have reached the logical culmination of the '60s and '70s. Instead of studying Dead White European Males, students get to study a young white living female ejaculating with a f---saw…. For four years, the American college student is taught that human beings are animals…. the exhibition is no different than watching a female baboon having sex. http://townhall.com/columnists/dennisprager/2011/03/08/the_$50,000_orgasm/page/2

Secular enough for ya'?

"Secular schools can never be tolerated because such schools have no religious instruction, and a general moral instruction without a religious foundation is built on air; consequently, all character training and religion must be derived from faith"

Heck....bet he's the only one who ever said such, huh?

How about you?
What do you believe?

Secular enough for ya'?

How about you?
What do you believe?

I would tend to trust the opinion of people more learned than Hitler, such as:

"The first stage of this education being the schools of the hundreds, wherein the great mass of the people will receive their instruction, the principal foundations of future order will be laid here. Instead, therefore, of putting the Bible and Testament into the hands of the children at an age when their judgments are not sufficiently matured for religious inquiries, their memories may here be stored with the most useful facts from Grecian, Roman, European, and American history. The first elements of morality too may be instilled into their minds; such as, when further developed as their judgments advance in strength, may teach them how to work out their own greatest happiness"
-- Thomas Jefferson; from 'Notes on the State of Virginia' Query XIV

or..

"there should not be a district of one Mile square without a school in it, not founded by a Charitable individual but maintained at the expence of the People themselv they must be taught to reverence themselvs instead of adoreing their servants their Generals Admirals Bishops and Statesmen"
-- John Adams; from letter to John Jebb (Sept. 10, 1785)

or..

"It is better for the poorer classes to have the aid of the richer by a general tax on property, than that every parent should provide at his own expence for the education of his children, it is certain that every Class is interested in establishments which give to the human mind its highest improvements, and to every Country its truest and most durable celebrity."

-- James Madison; from letter to W.T. Barry (Aug. 4, 1822)

How about you?
What do you believe?

"The first stage of this education being the schools of the hundreds, wherein the great mass of the people will receive their instruction, the principal foundations of future order will be laid here. Instead, therefore, of putting the Bible and Testament into the hands of the children at an age when their judgments are not sufficiently matured for religious inquiries, their memories may here be stored with the most useful facts from Grecian, Roman, European, and American history. The first elements of morality too may be instilled into their minds; such as, when further developed as their judgments advance in strength, may teach them how to work out their own greatest happiness"

or..

"there should not be a district of one Mile square without a school in it, not founded by a Charitable individual but maintained at the expence of the People themselv they must be taught to reverence themselvs instead of adoreing their servants their Generals Admirals Bishops and Statesmen"

or..

"It is better for the poorer classes to have the aid of the richer by a general tax on property, than that every parent should provide at his own expence for the education of his children, it is certain that every Class is interested in establishments which give to the human mind its highest improvements, and to every Country its truest and most durable celebrity."

Possibly you missed this 'hidden' part of my post:

How about you?
What do you believe?

How about you?
What do you believe?

or..

or..

How about you?
What do you believe?

Like other sane people, I believe that schools provide a necessary supplement to what children learn from other life experiences.

or..

or..

How about you?
What do you believe?

Like other sane people, I believe that schools provide a necessary supplement to what children learn from other life experiences.

No doubt about that......

...it was certainly true- up until the Liberal educrats took over.

How about you?
What do you believe?

Oh, please. If anything, they are corrupted by backwards local school boards, and corporate filtering of textbooks. At the very least, they still give kids the tools to research reality, while not under the inquisitioner's scrutiny that lesson plans are :p

Oh, please. If anything, they are corrupted by backwards local school boards, and corporate filtering of textbooks. At the very least, they still give kids the tools to research reality, while not under the inquisitioner's scrutiny that lesson plans are :p

You don't seem to be informed about the course of the education system.

Dewey, the inveterate Liberal, introduced indoctrination rather than education.
Said educrats esteem process over facts, and even the proof of E.D.Hirsch's work fails to alter their direction.

Didn't you know that?

"But even if the teacher crossed a line,..."
Interesting phrase. Even if, and all.....

I notice that you haven't mentioned any occasion during which any praise of the United States could be forced out of you.
Careful not to 'cross the line,' huh.

Some of the Catholic students in your classes might even appreciate that.

When we get to the Middle ages, I've got nothing but praise for the Catholic Church. They're pretty much the only reason that literacy survived in Europe. Then comes the Renaissance and they go and blow it again.

As for the US, doesn't come up in a History of Math course until we're into WWII, at which point I've got nothing but positives to say as the US became the center of Mathematical research following WWII. Prior to that, not so much.

"But even if the teacher crossed a line,..."
Interesting phrase. Even if, and all.....

I notice that you haven't mentioned any occasion during which any praise of the United States could be forced out of you.
Careful not to 'cross the line,' huh.

Some of the Catholic students in your classes might even appreciate that.

When we get to the Middle ages, I've got nothing but praise for the Catholic Church. They're pretty much the only reason that literacy survived in Europe. Then comes the Renaissance and they go and blow it again.

As for the US, doesn't come up in a History of Math course until we're into WWII, at which point I've got nothing but positives to say as the US became the center of Mathematical research following WWII. Prior to that, not so much.

Good thing there affords no opportunity for you to insult blacks, hispanics, or muslims...

Heck....there might be some pushback then.

But...I suppose those are the rules under which Catholics attend college, huh.

Good thing there affords no opportunity for you to insult blacks, hispanics, or muslims...

Heck....there might be some pushback then.

But...I suppose those are the rules under which Catholics attend college, huh.
Muslims are a lot like the Catholics in a history of math class in that at some points I'll have good stuff to say about them, and at some point terrible stuff. Though for perspective a good HoM course covers almost 3000 to 4000 years of history across nearly the whole globe. That means the US is a near non factor for most of it and long lived organizations change a few times over the course of things.

And for the record, the bad guy isn't usually religion so much as religious leaders. Many of the most influential mathematicians were deeply religious folks. I myself hold my personal faith as a major reason for why I study math.

So getting back to the original premise for a moment, how do you explain the difference in homicide rate between the United States and Europe?

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Atheism & Belief in God: Countries Get Ranked | LiveScience

"So getting back to the original premise for a moment,..."

Perhaps you've stumbled into the wrong thread.

The 'original premise' deals with the effects of Liberal indoctrination in colleges, and what the result can be.

In this case....was.

Anyway, I'm perfectly happy my son is not getting the US public education offered to the self-righteous simpletons who favor the political indoctrination of children. That actual education seems to have become secondary to that to also sadly apparent.

You wish theywereteaching school like your example, it would fuel your fire, but colleges use the thesis system.

Hitler wasn't a Conservative, his entire reign was all about social programs, and redistribution of wealth, except within his own ranks. What do you think NAZI stood for? :cuckoo:

So getting back to the original premise for a moment, how do you explain the difference in homicide rate between the United States and Europe?

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 'original premise' deals with the effects of Liberal indoctrination in colleges, and what the result can be.

In this case....was.

The original post was a rather indecipherable non sequitur, but you appeared to elaborate in you second comment

Now, if that were true, the secular indoctrination that occurs in France or Sweden would certainly drive the murder rates in those countries even higher than in ours (rather than being a tiny fraction of ours).

In this case....was.

The original post was a rather indecipherable non sequitur, but you appeared to elaborate in you second comment

Now, if that were true, the secular indoctrination that occurs in France or Sweden would certainly drive the murder rates in those countries even higher than in ours (rather than being a tiny fraction of ours).

"if that were true, the secular indoctrination that occurs in France or Sweden would certainly drive the murder rates in those countries even higher than in ours (rather than being a tiny fraction of ours."

You should do a little research.....you might be quite surprised at how far from correct you are.

Violent deaths per 100,00:

France, 22.67

Sweden 17.12

United States 18.57
GunCite-Gun Control-International Homicide and Suicide Rates

"...a tiny fraction of ours."
Hardly

Forum List

Back