🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Liberals: 9-11 Deaths were Good Thing

Michael Kinsley - We Need a New National Anthem
This is more evidence about the anti-patriotic culture of liberal America. As we celebrate the 200th anniversary The Star Spangled Banner, liberals, such as Kinsey, have equated it to empty babble about bombs and rockets. Typical.

Someone else I've never heard of who is supposed to speak for me?

Lets see...

There is this from @Foxfyre
Time for a New Declaration of Independence?
Where she calls for a new Declaration of Independence and she posts HERE! You've heard of her. I guess she can be lumped into being "un-patriotic" as well?

There is this from noted Republican Donald Trump who is a regular on the airwaves (i.e. someone you have heard of):

Donald Trump Election Is Total Sham And A Travesty Suggests Revolution Is Necessary UPDATE

This is more evidence about the anti-patriotic culture of liberal America. As we celebrate the 200th anniversary The Star Spangled Banner, liberals, such as Kinsey, have equated it to empty babble about bombs and rockets. Typical.

Lets see...

Where she calls for a new Declaration of Independence and she posts HERE! You've heard of her. I guess she can be lumped into being "un-patriotic" as well?

There is this from noted Republican Donald Trump who is a regular on the airwaves (i.e. someone you have heard of):

Donald Trump Election Is Total Sham And A Travesty Suggests Revolution Is Necessary UPDATE

Hey thanks for reminding me of that old thread. It actually generated some decent discussion. You missed my other thread along those lines but it was way back in 2007:
Revolution US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I noticed this exchange between Vast LWC (I miss him) and me and went hmm. . . .

I imagine one would have to ask what grounds would you be fomenting said revolution on?

Certainly not any of the trivial disagreements that partisans have been basing their political campaigns on recently...

There would have to be some pretty damn serious grounds for an actual uprising, and I can't see anything that's going on right now that would warrant it.

I think the quoted section from the Declaration of Independence would have to be the basis. Or a President overstepping his Constitutional authority indestructive ways and a Congress allowing him to do it. Or a Congress passing oppressive taxes and running up the national debt into the stratosphere putting the entire nation at risk. . ..

I can see all manner of less than violent reasons to need to oust existing leaders and install new ones with a new mission.

Wow, 40+ posts into this thread and no direct comments or denials from the Left.

Just a ton of deflections.

Sometimes you folks surprise me.

I have never heard you condemn the Holocaust either....sometimes you folks surprise me. :eusa_naughty:

I condemn the Holocaust and all its evils in the strongest possible terms. It was worst possible stain on the history of humanity.

There! I wonder if that will work.

You tried Mac. I didn't read the entire thread--my old brain is only able to handle so much of partisan deflection/idiocy/ugliness--but the OP gave us an interesting discussion topic.

And up to this post of yours, you had asked if any leftists on the thread would denounce what Churchill said. I didn't see a single one of them do so but they proceeded to attack you and/or deny they had ever heard of Churchill, and/or said they shouldn't be expected to have ever heard of him and/or denied that liberals had ever supported him etc. etc.

But not one had simply stepped up to the plate and denounced what he said or expressed that Churchill's statement was wrong. Perhaps somebody did after I stopped reading.

I still think it is something in the water they drink or hopefully there is some other scientific explanation for that kind of disconnect. I also wonder how people manage to be active on these message boards or read any newspaper or keep up with the news at all and be oblivious to the name Ward Churchill.

Look again at what he said even in the follow up on the Kelly File:

The highly combative interview began with Megyn Kelly wondering how Churchill could “draw a moral equivalence between 3,000 dead Americans and a murderous Nazi like Adolf Eichmann?”

The lefty professor bizarrely maintained that those who died in the World Trade Center and Pentagon attacks were financing a U.S. government and military that to him deliberately target and harm civilians around the world and thus were no different from Nazis like Eichmann who helped facilitate the murder of millions of Jews: They are proactively involved and knowingly involved, lending their proficiencies to the process which is served by the U.S. military, which is served by this projection of force upon the planet. - See more at: On Fox Radical Lefty Professor Ward Churchill Doubles Down On Comparing 9 11 Victims To Nazis

So I wonder if anybody on the Left could address that directly and say whether they agree with Churchill on that point?

Wow, 40+ posts into this thread and no direct comments or denials from the Left.

I have never heard you condemn the Holocaust either....sometimes you folks surprise me. :eusa_naughty:

I condemn the Holocaust and all its evils in the strongest possible terms. It was worst possible stain on the history of humanity.

You tried Mac. I didn't read the entire thread--my old brain is only able to handle so much of partisan deflection/idiocy/ugliness--but the OP gave us an interesting discussion topic...

I did try. Without insults or name-calling or straw men.

This is the state of contemporary American political discourse. They think that they're betraying their "side" if they speak out against something said by someone on their "side", no matter how far off the deep end that person may be.

Most of his political allies strongly disagree with him, they think he's an ass. But they're so paralyzed by their political ideology that they don't want to say so, clearly and strongly.

That's why I brought it up, and once again I was proven correct.

Last edited:
And the beat of avoidance, deflection, and mean spiritedness rumbles on.

You also think that all liberals should have rushed to the thread and announced our opposition to Churchill's comments? Only then would we be able to pass the test?

Here is what I suggest you and Mac do next time some idiot says something stupid. Instead of trying to goad others......and instead of passively attacking them as you have both done here......just start a thread ask if anyone agrees with the comments. You'll get your answer.

You also think that all liberals should have rushed to the thread and announced our opposition to Churchill's comments? Only then would we be able to pass the test?

Here is what I suggest you and Mac do next time some idiot says something stupid. Instead of trying to goad others......and instead of passively attacking them as you have both done here......just start a thread ask if anyone agrees with the comments. You'll get your answer.

No, this thread is perfectly acceptable for that purpose. I have no confidence that those on the left would be better able to debate a concept or topic on a thread titled or with an OP worded differently. I think it is reasonable to know that the OP KNEW conservatives/libertarians/rightwingers and such would have no problem universally condemning Churchill's remarks and wouldn't have equivocated doing so.

And given the track record of the Left on this, it was perfectly reasonable to ask if there were any liberals who would do the same.

And based on this thread, I would say the answer to that is no, or if anybody has--I haven't read every page--such person is a rare voice among the crowd.

No, this thread is perfectly acceptable for that purpose. I have no confidence that those on the left would be better able to debate a concept or topic on a thread titled or with an OP worded differently. I think it is reasonable to know that the OP KNEW conservatives/libertarians/rightwingers and such would have no problem universally condemning Churchill's remarks and wouldn't have equivocated doing so.

And given the track record of the Left on this, it was perfectly reasonable to ask if there were any liberals who would do the same.

And based on this thread, I would say the answer to that is no, or if anybody has--I haven't read every page--such person is a rare voice among the crowd.

Go ahead.....tell me how you get paid to write and lecture again. I miss the crazy.

Let me ask you. Do you think I am the type of person who would agree with the comments that Churchill made? Have I ever given you any reason to believe that I would?

Answer honestly, please.

Go ahead.....tell me how you get paid to write and lecture again. I miss the crazy.

Let me ask you. Do you think I am the type of person who would agree with the comments that Churchill made? Have I ever given you any reason to believe that I would?

Answer honestly, please.
Asking her for an honest answer shut her up quite quickly.

You tried Mac. I didn't read the entire thread--my old brain is only able to handle so much of partisan deflection/idiocy/ugliness--but the OP gave us an interesting discussion topic...

This is the state of contemporary American political discourse. They think that they're betraying their "side" if they speak out against something said by someone on their "side", no matter how far off the deep end that person may be.

Most of his political allies strongly disagree with him, they think he's an ass. But they're so paralyzed by their political ideology that they don't want to say so, clearly and strongly.

Lets see...

@Mac1958

Earlier, @Bush92 posted this earlier:

I cited where @Foxfyre called for a new Declaration of Independence.

So on one hand, some guy I have never heard of named Michael Kinsley says we need a new national anthem and your fellow conservative says it is "unpatriotic".

On the other hand, a fellow conservative has called for a new Declaration of Independence.

---
In light of your comment:

Where you're basically accusing liberals--whom you never cited as agreeing with Churchill--of agreeing with him, can you please comment on whether Foxy is being unpatriotic by demanding a new DOI or was Bush92 wrongin calling this guy Kinsley and liberals unpatriotic?

Answer honestly, please.

I have no idea what type of person you are. All I know is that you have yet to denounce what Ward Churchill said.

Lets see...

@Mac1958

So on one hand, some guy I have never heard of named Michael Kinsley says we need a new national anthem and your fellow conservative says it is "unpatriotic".

On the other hand, a fellow conservative has called for a new Declaration of Independence.

---

Where you're basically accusing liberals--whom you never cited as agreeing with Churchill--of agreeing with him, can you please comment on whether Foxy is being unpatriotic by demanding a new DOI or was Bush92 wrongin calling this guy Kinsley and liberals unpatriotic?

I didn't accuse anybody of anything or call anybody anything. All I said is that so far nobody identifiable as left of center aka liberal aka progressive has yet to criticize or disagree with or denounce what Ward Churchill said.

Lets see...

@Mac1958

---

I didn't accuse anybody of anything or call anybody anything. All I said is that so far nobody identifiable as left of center aka liberal aka progressive has yet to criticize or disagree with or denounce what Ward Churchill said.

Which is roughly the same number of USMB posters that has agreed with whatever it is he said (I didn't read it and couldn't tell you; never heard of the guy).

The challenge is for Mac to be intellectually honest and call either you or Bush out since he can't agree with you both.

Answer honestly, please.

I have no idea what type of person you are. All I know is that you have yet to denounce what Ward Churchill said.

How about that. You won't enter into an honest discussion. You know....that thing you are always saying that you want to have.

All you know is that I have yet to denounce what Churchill said? And that tells you what, exactly? Anything?

How am I not having a discussion? The discussion is re what Ward Churchill said and whether the left does or does not agree with him.

Can LoneLaugher or CandyCorn point me to the post in this thread where you denounced what Ward Churchill said? What he said has been posted so whether you've heard of him or not, you should know whether you agree with him or not.

What anybody else not on this thread has said or what anybody else ever said at any time about anything is irrelevant. The question posed to those on the left was a simple one. Do you agree with Ward Churchill or don't you? Do you approve of what he said or do you denounce it? Answering the question isn't hard. Mac did it and several others did it.

Here, I will do it too: I think what Ward Churchill said is cruel and unjustifiable and defies all logic and reason re what happened on 9/11. It was a terrible thing to say and no reasonable person could possibly agree with him.

See? It's easy to do. You can even use smaller words than I used and still get the message across.

Forum List

Back