🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Liberals: 9-11 Deaths were Good Thing

How am I not having a discussion? The discussion is re what Ward Churchill said and whether the left does or does not agree with him.

Can LoneLaugher or CandyCorn point me to the post in this thread where you denounced what Ward Churchill said? What he said has been posted so whether you've heard of him or not, you should know whether you agree with him or not.

What anybody else not on this thread has said or what anybody else ever said at any time about anything is irrelevant. The question posed to those on the left was a simple one. Do you agree with Ward Churchill or don't you? Do you approve of what he said or do you denounce it? Answering the question isn't hard. Mac did it and several others did it.

Here, I will do it too: I think what Ward Churchill said is cruel and unjustifiable and defies all logic and reason re what happened on 9/11. It was a terrible thing to say and no reasonable person could possibly agree with him.

See? It's easy to do. You can even use smaller words than I used and still get the message across.

That question was never posed.

Are you asking it now?

How am I not having a discussion? The discussion is re what Ward Churchill said and whether the left does or does not agree with him.

Can LoneLaugher or CandyCorn point me to the post in this thread where you denounced what Ward Churchill said? What he said has been posted so whether you've heard of him or not, you should know whether you agree with him or not.

What anybody else not on this thread has said or what anybody else ever said at any time about anything is irrelevant. The question posed to those on the left was a simple one. Do you agree with Ward Churchill or don't you? Do you approve of what he said or do you denounce it? Answering the question isn't hard. Mac did it and several others did it.

Here, I will do it too: I think what Ward Churchill said is cruel and unjustifiable and defies all logic and reason re what happened on 9/11. It was a terrible thing to say and no reasonable person could possibly agree with him.

See? It's easy to do. You can even use smaller words than I used and still get the message across.

I didn't read what he said. If you want to transcribe it...feel free and I'll comment on what I see in front of me. I don't know who he is, what he does for a living or anything about the guy. I have never endorsed what he said (since I didn't know what he said).

So, whenever a conservative whackjob says something idiotic, can I count on you to denounce it instantly...and if you don't can I assume you fully endorse it?

See...it's easy to do.

I didn't read what he said. If you want to transcribe it...feel free and I'll comment on what I see in front of me. I don't know who he is, what he does for a living or anything about the guy. I have never endorsed what he said (since I didn't know what he said).

So, whenever a conservative whackjob says something idiotic, can I count on you to denounce it instantly...and if you don't can I assume you fully endorse it?

See...it's easy to do.

Absolutely. Like all conservatives, Foxy agrees with every comment that she doesn't forcefully denounce. Conservatives never decide that a comment is just too stupid for consideration......and ignore it. Every comment uttered by any person is worthy of a timely and vigorous response.

And...if you happen to catch a conservative failing to uphold this standard......you can challenge him or her with a smug "you haven't denounced the comment.......just as I predicted!". Then....they will immediately denounce it. It never fails.

See...it's easy to do.

Absolutely. Like all conservatives, Foxy agrees with every comment that she doesn't forcefully denounce. Conservatives never decide that a comment is just too stupid for consideration......and ignore it. Every comment uttered by any person is worthy of a timely and vigorous response.

And...if you happen to catch a conservative failing to uphold this standard......you can challenge him or her with a smug "you haven't denounced the comment.......just as I predicted!". Then....they will immediately denounce it. It never fails.

What makes your post incredibly true (and funny) is that THEN people like Foxy and Mac turn around and decry the level of debate....the very level they constantly instill.

So lets see how they want to do this

@Foxfyre and @Mac1958, Pat Robertson is a Republican. He ran for President in the GOP Primaries in 1988, finishing ahead of GHWB in Iowa even. Jerry Falwell (and Robertson) were active in the Moral Majority which has supported GOP candidates in the past.

These two got together and said the following:

Television evangelists Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson, two of the most prominent voices of the religious right, said liberal civil liberties groups, feminists, homosexuals and abortion rights supporters bear partial responsibility for Tuesday's terrorist attacks because their actions have turned God's anger against America.

"God continues to lift the curtain and allow the enemies of America to give us probably what we deserve," said Falwell, appearing yesterday on the Christian Broadcasting Network's "700 Club," hosted by Robertson.

"Jerry, that's my feeling," Robertson responded. "I think we've just seen the antechamber to terror. We haven't even begun to see what they can do to the major population."

Falwell said the American Civil Liberties Union has "got to take a lot of blame for this," again winning Robertson's agreement: "Well, yes."

Then Falwell broadened his blast to include the federal courts and others who he said were "throwing God out of the public square." He added: "The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way -- all of them who have tried to secularize America -- I point the finger in their face and say, 'You helped this happen.' "
Since neither of you have denounced (TTBOMK) precisely what conservative/GOP candidates/GOP supporters Falwell and Robertson stated above, can we safely assume you are 100% in favor of blaming 9/11 on God getting mad at us?

It's interesting neither of you denounced it already.

@candycorn, with respect, I'm not gonna read through these incredibly long quote-filled posts. Right now it's early in the morning and I haven't finished my first cup of coffee. If you want me to comment on something -- and it is clear that you do -- ask me a direct question and maybe give it one link. For example, let me know who or what TTBOMK is and I'll comment. However:..

... please go back to my post in which I talked about contemporary American political discourse. While the example (as I recall) was that of a liberal, I did not single liberals out as the problem. And I'm pretty sure I have a pretty long history here of pointing out the damage done by partisan ideologues on BOTH ends of the spectrum, which is significant and increasing..

... regarding Falwell and Roberston: I remember those comments, and I wasn't terribly surprised. These are the kind of thoughts that creep into the minds of religious zealots, and I would not be stunned if many people agreed with those absurd comments. As a comfy agnostic, I just laughed and shook my head. People like that, and there are many of them, say that kind of stuff often. I disagree strongly with what they said, and probably with a majority of the goofy stuff they say. Since I don't know if God exists, it would be pretty tough for me to think for Him. BUT, do they compare to what this professor said? No. The name-calling in which he engaged was hurtful and hateful to so many families grieving their loved ones. It was worse.

Now, here's what I'm seeing you do: This thread is about that professor nutcase and you're deflecting to other nutcases. I have to admit it's a little insulting when people do this, as they obviously think they're getting away with it. If you want to start a thread about Falwell or Robertson or some other right wing nutcase and you want me to comment, fabulous.

Are you going to provide a strong and clear condemnation of the comments referred to in the OP, or are you not?

If you're not, just say so, and we'll all get on with our lives.

Last edited:
@candycorn, with respect, I'm not gonna read through these incredibly long quote-filled posts. Right now it's early in the morning and I haven't finished my first cup of coffee. If you want me to comment on something -- and it is clear that you do -- ask me a direct question and maybe give it one link. For example, let me know who or what TTBOMK is and I'll comment. However:..

... please go back to my post in which I talked about contemporary American political discourse. While the example (as I recall) was that of a liberal, I did not single liberals out as the problem. And I'm pretty sure I have a pretty long history here of pointing out the damage done by partisan ideologues on BOTH ends of the spectrum, which is significant and increasing..

... regarding Falwell and Roberston: I remember those comments, and I wasn't terribly surprised. These are the kind of thoughts that creep into the minds of religious zealots, and I would not be stunned if many people agreed with those absurd comments. As a comfy agnostic, I just laughed and shook my head. People like that, and there are many of them, say that kind of stuff often. I disagree strongly with what they said, and probably with a majority of the goofy stuff they say. Since I don't know if God exists, it would be pretty tough for me to think for Him. BUT, do they compare to what this professor said? No. The name-calling in which he engaged was hurtful and hateful to so many families grieving their loved ones. It was worse.

Now, here's what I'm seeing you do: This thread is about that professor nutcase and you're deflecting to other nutcases. I have to admit it's a little insulting when people do this, as they obviously think they're getting away with it. If you want to start a thread about Falwell or Robertson or some other right wing nutcase and you want me to comment, fabulous.

Are you going to provide a strong and clear condemnation of the comments referred to in the OP, or are you not?

"As a comfy agnostic, I just laughed and shook my head."

No.....no.....no! That isn't going to do. You MUST

"provide a strong and clear condemnation of the comments referred to"

Otherwise, you are proving to all that you are a religious crazy person and can't be brought to speak up against these freaks.

The modern American liberal mindset was born out of the radical 1960's when Marxist college professors like Howard Zinn, taught students that the United States was inherently evil. More notable people influenced by this were Hilary Clinton, and Barry Sotero. Clinton wrote a dissertation on Saul Alinsky EconomicPolicyJournal.com Hillary Clinton s 1969 Thesis on Saul Alinsky and Barry's grandparents and mother were Marxist. In fact the current POTUS mother met the father in a Russian language class at Harvard during height of the Cold War when the Soviet Union had vowed to crush the United States. Coincidence ? Who knows. Was this man even Obamas dad? Who knows. We do know the culture from in which he was raised. Underneath the liberal shadow of America as an evil empire. So when Ayers says he wished he would have set off more bombs, and Churchill spews his hate filled diatribe ...it is straight from mainstream Democratic Party ideology.

Last edited:
Exactly. Who is he? Never heard the name before.
He is a looney fringe college professor, who is correctly touted as an example of the lunacy being taught to college kids on campuses, nowadays. An America-hater, essentially.

Actually, I think he might be better in the movies - as the Frankenstein monster.

SEE WHAT I DID JUST NOW...I SHOWED YOU A QUOTE AND ASKED FOR YOUR COMMENT. CAN YOU WRAP YOU HEAD AROUND THE CONCEPT OF THAT?FOR THE 8TH GOD DAMNED TIME, I DIDN'T BOTHER TO READ WHAT THE "NUTCASE" SAID. I DON'T QUOTE IT TO SAY THAT HE ISN'T A NUTCASE, I QUOTE YOU SAYING HE IS A NUTCASE. I AGREE, THE MAN IS A NUTJOB AND, THUSLY, NOT WORTH MY TIME TO READ SOMETHING THAT IS SO, BY DEFINITION OFF BASE.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT A "NUTCASE" SAYS. FOR THE 3RD GOD DAMNED TIME, IF YOU WANT TO QUOTE THE "NUTCASE" AND SHOW ME WHAT YOU WANT ME TO DENOUNCE...I'LL BE HAPPY TO READ IT AND GIVE YOU MY OPINION.

ALSO,IF YOU'RE BEING INTELLECTUALLY HONEST...DO YOU FIND IT "INTERESTING" THAT @Foxfyre HASN'T DENOUNCED ROBERTSON AND FALLWELL YET? CAN WE ASSUME SHE BELIEVES AS THEY DO? C'MON...THAT IS THE INDICTMENT YOU'RE MAKING ON LIBERALS....IF YOU DON'T DENOUNCE IT,YOU MUST BE FOR IT.

HOW BOUT IT?

Since the vast majority of those killed in 9-11 were working, wage-earning people then it ought not be a big mystery why liberals were so giddy about their having died.

FUCK YOU. @Mac1958 DO YOU DENOUNCE THIS NUTCASE AS WELL?

Wow.

Well, I'll play your game.

"I'm not responsible for what someone else says".

You're one nasty lady. Get some help with that anger.

Since the vast majority of those killed in 9-11 were working, wage-earning people then it ought not be a big mystery why liberals were so giddy about their having died.

Wow.

Yeah but what you're doing is lumping me in with this guy Churchill and saying I believe what he says....stating that you find it "interesting" that I didn't denounce someone whom I never met, never read, never heard of, etc...

I lump you win with Henry B whatever using the same methods and you get all bitchy and say, "I'm not responsible".

Funny how you find it so uncomfortable when your medicine is dealt back to you. If anyone is angry..it's you.

SEE WHAT I DID JUST NOW...I SHOWED YOU A QUOTE AND ASKED FOR YOUR COMMENT. CAN YOU WRAP YOU HEAD AROUND THE CONCEPT OF THAT?FOR THE 8TH GOD DAMNED TIME, I DIDN'T BOTHER TO READ WHAT THE "NUTCASE" SAID. I DON'T QUOTE IT TO SAY THAT HE ISN'T A NUTCASE, I QUOTE YOU SAYING HE IS A NUTCASE. I AGREE, THE MAN IS A NUTJOB AND, THUSLY, NOT WORTH MY TIME TO READ SOMETHING THAT IS SO, BY DEFINITION OFF BASE.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT A "NUTCASE" SAYS. FOR THE 3RD GOD DAMNED TIME, IF YOU WANT TO QUOTE THE "NUTCASE" AND SHOW ME WHAT YOU WANT ME TO DENOUNCE...I'LL BE HAPPY TO READ IT AND GIVE YOU MY OPINION.

ALSO,IF YOU'RE BEING INTELLECTUALLY HONEST...DO YOU FIND IT "INTERESTING" THAT @Foxfyre HASN'T DENOUNCED ROBERTSON AND FALLWELL YET? CAN WE ASSUME SHE BELIEVES AS THEY DO? C'MON...THAT IS THE INDICTMENT YOU'RE MAKING ON LIBERALS....IF YOU DON'T DENOUNCE IT,YOU MUST BE FOR IT.

HOW BOUT IT?

@Mac1958

Please address the text in red.

Thanks in advance for your dodging and tap dancing...it proves what we all knew about you all along.

Wow.

Yeah but what you're doing is lumping me in with this guy Churchill and saying I believe what he says....stating that you find it "interesting" that I didn't denounce someone whom I never met, never read, never heard of, etc...

I lump you win with Henry B whatever using the same methods and you get all bitchy and say, "I'm not responsible".

Funny how you find it so uncomfortable when your medicine is dealt back to you. If anyone is angry..it's you.

I invite you to show me where I said that you believe what he says.

The point I have made more than once is that people like you are afraid to criticize others on your end of the spectrum.

You've lied, you've obfuscated, you've deflected. All in one thread.

This is why I have long since decided it's essentially impossible to have civil, mature, honest conversations with partisan ideologues.

And I love the way you type in call caps, the way you say "fuck you", and you call others angry. Amazing stuff.

How comfy your little partisan cocoon must be.

HOW BOUT IT?

@Mac1958

Please address the text in red.

Thanks in advance for your dodging and tap dancing...it proves what we all knew about you all along.

Why bother?

Since you refuse to answer questions, I feel no obligation to do so.

You expect far more of others than you do of yourself.

561724387_liberals_hate_troops1_xlarge.jpeg

More liberal love for the nation.

The modern American liberal mindset was born out of the radical 1960's when Marxist college professors like Howard Zinn, taught students that the United States was inherently evil. More notable people influenced by this were Hilary Clinton, and Barry Sotero. Clinton wrote a dissertation on Saul Alinsky EconomicPolicyJournal.com Hillary Clinton s 1969 Thesis on Saul Alinsky and Barry's grandparents and mother were Marxist. In fact the current POTUS mother met the father in a Russian language class at Harvard during height of the Cold War when the Soviet Union had vowed to crush the United States. Coincidence ? Who knows. Was this man even Obamas dad? Who knows. We do know the culture from in which he was raised. Underneath the liberal shadow of America as an evil empire. So when Ayers says he wished he would have set off more bombs, and Churchill spews his hate filled diatribe ...it is straight from mainstream Democratic Party ideology.

I didn't pay attention...

Forum List

Back