Liberals Aren’t Liking This Newly-Discovered Photo Of The 1924 Democratic Convention…

What did these two men have in common?

Robert Byrd
Barry Goldwater

Both strongly opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

The difference is that the Democrats didn't nominate Robert Byrd to be President.

Goldwater.jpg

After this post, it would behoove you to change your avi to DUNCE.

"Democrats today castigate Republican Senator Barry Goldwater as anti-black. However a review of Senator Barry Goldwater’s record shows that he was a Libertarian, not a racist. Goldwater was a member of the Arizona NAACP and was involved in desegregating the Arizona National Guard.

Goldwater also supported the Civil Rights Act of 1957 and the Civil Rights Act of 1960, as well as the constitutional amendment banning the poll tax. His opposition to the more comprehensive Civil Rights Act of 1964 was based on his libertarian views about government. Goldwater believed that the 1964 Act, as written, unconstitutionally extended the federal government's commerce power to private citizens, furthering the government’s efforts to "legislate morality" and restrict the rights of employers.

It is instructive to read the entire text of Goldwater's 1964 speech at the 28th Republican National Convention, accepting the nomination for president that is available from the Arizona Historical Foundation. By the end of his career, Goldwater was one of the most respected members of either party and was considered a stabilizing influence in the Senate. Senator Goldwater's speech may be found also on the Internet at: Washingtonpost.com: Goldwater Speech "
http://www.nationalblackrepublicans...#Democrats_Smeared_Dr._Martin_Luther_King__Jr.

[

5. The Democrat Party has always been the party of slavery, segregation, and second -class citizenship.

03195r.jpg

Those are Democrats in the hoods, DUNCE.

1. According to this liberal myth, Goldwater and the Republicans were racists and used racism to appeal to racist southerners to change the electoral map. To believe the tale, one must be either a reliable Democrat voter, and/or be ignorant of the history of the time.
  2. When Goldwater voted against the 1964 Civil Rights act, it was due to libertarian belief that the commerce clause did not allow restrictions on private property.
  3. “ He ended racial segregation in his family department stores, and he was instrumental in ending it in Phoenix schools and restaurants and in the Arizona National Guard.” Washingtonpost.com: Barry Goldwater Dead at 89

Both, Northern and Southern Democrats running against Lincoln's Republican party were pro slavery.
:lol: You keep saying Democrat like it means something. They were Southern, white Christian conservatives that started the KKK and they are still, predominantly, southern, white Christians conservatives.

Again, they were members of what party?

The party of White Christian Conservative Southern men.

Yep, who just happen to be Democrats.

Yep- the party of Democrats is of course still the party of White Christian Conservative Southern men.....

Of course......

Which is why of course the Democrats have been defending the flying of the Confederate Flag,and the Confederate monuments....

Oh wait- that has been the Republicans.....

Wrong again, DUNCE.

1. a. Governor Clinton was among three state officials the NAACP sued in 1989 under the federal Voting Rights Act of 1965. “Plaintiffs offered plenty of proof of monolithic voting along racial lines, intimidation of black voters and candidates and other official acts that made voting harder for blacks,” the Arkansas Gazette reported December 6, 1989.

b. Bill Clinton had a Confederate flag-like issue, every year he was governor: 1979-1992 Arkansas Code Annotated, Section 1-5-107, provides as follows:

(a) The Saturday immediately preceding Easter Sunday of each year is designated as ‘Confederate Flag Day’ in this state.

(b) No person, firm, or corporation shall display an Confederate flag or replica thereof in connection with any advertisement of any commercial enterprise, or in any manner for any purpose except to honor the Confederate States of America. [Emphasis added.]

(c) Any person, firm, or corporation violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction shall be fined not less than one hundred dollars ($100) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000).

Bill Clinton took no steps during his twelve years as governor to repeal this law.
    Hillary Clinton's Confederacy Hypocrisy | The Gateway Pundit
Hillary Clinton's Confederacy Hypocrisy

[Let's Stop Pretending the Confederate Flag Isn't a Symbol of RacismJust to refresh everyone's memories, we're talking about the official national flag that was used to represent the Confederate States of America during the Civil War. You know, that awkward time period when the South was vehemently fighting to keep slavery around as a means of economic prosperity for white plantation owners.

I've heard arguments time and again about how the Confederate flag is no longer representative of slavery, and how it's now indicative of "Southern pride and heritage." But I'm really over the whole "respect your heritage" mantra, especially when your heritage is hate.

Let's Stop Pretending the Confederate Flag Isn't a Symbol of Racism | HuffPost]

upload_2017-8-3_17-16-53.jpeg

Names please.
You expect me to give you millions of names? Don't people count, if they're not famous, in your world? Take the hit. People in the South switched parties. It was part of Nixon's plan to get elected.

No dupe, just read the post you replied to and you'll eventually figure out what am I asking. If not, read it again, as many times is necessary until it hits you.

So, start being dupe and name, not millions, but just five southern, white, racist, elected officials that switched from Democrat to Republican party.
If I were to do that, I would be a dupe for playing your little game. We all know what the deal was. Nixon even had a name for it, The Southern Strategy. What difference does it make if I can name Billy Bob Wilson, Billy Bob Smith, Billy Bob Jones, Billy Bob Lee and Billy Bob James?

Again, I am asking again that you name five southern, white, racist, elected officials that switched from Democrat to Republican party. Just five...

Again I will point out that starting in 1964- the Republican Party chose to nominate men who had opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act

Barry Goldwater- who voted against the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
Ronald Reagan- famously running for governor telling California voters: "If an individual wants to discriminate against Negroes or others in selling or renting his house," he said, "he has a right to do so."
George Bush- ran for office in Texas on the issue of opposing the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Which of course just demonstrates what MLK Jr. said in 1964

Meanwhile I will leave you with the words from Martin Luther King Jr.From 1964 (not 1924)
The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism. All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right. The “best man” at this ceremony was a senator whose voting record, philosophy, and program were anathema to all the hard-won achievements of the past decade.

....... On the urgent issue of civil rights, Senator Goldwater represented a philosophy that was morally indefensible and socially suicidal. While not himself a racist, Mr. Goldwater articulated a philosophy which gave aid and comfort to the racist. His candidacy and philosophy would serve as an umbrella under which extremists of all stripes would stand. In the light of these facts and because of my love for America, I had no alternative but to urge every Negro and white person of goodwill to vote against Mr. Goldwater and to withdraw support from any Republican candidate that did not publicly disassociate himself from Senator Goldwater and his philosophy

Begging for an education????

Here I am!

1. Language is important, so in any discussion of who the segregationists were, liberals switch the word “Democrats” to “southerners.” Remember, the Civil Rights Act of 1957 was supported by all the Republicans in the Senate, but only 29 of 47 Democrats…and a number of the ‘segregationist’ Democrats were northern Dems (Oregon, Washington, Montana, and Wyoming). Not southerners: Democrats.
    1. There were plenty of southern integrationists. They were Republicans.
  2. 1966- pro-integrationist Republican Winthrop Rockefeller won Arkansas, replacing Clinton-pal Orval Faubus.
  3. 1966 Republican Bo Calloway ran against Democrat Lester Maddox, who “gained national attention for refusing to serve blacks in his popular cafeteria near the Georgia Tech campus. Newsmen tipped off about the confrontation reported how restaurant patrons and employees wielded ax handles while Mr. Maddox waved a pistol. …” Lester Maddox Dies at 87; Segregationist Ex-Governor Leaves Complicated Legacy | HighBeam Business: Arrive Prepared
    1. Maddox was endorsed by Democrat Jimmy Carter in the above governor’s race. When the race was too close to call, the Democrat state legislature gave it to Maddox.
    2. Calloway appealed to the Supreme Court….but the court upheld the legislature’s decision.
    3. On that very Supreme Court was former KKK member Justice Hugo Black.
    4. Democrat Hugo Black was Democrat FDR’s first appointee, in 1937. This KKK Senator from Alabama wrote the majority decision on Korematsu v. US; in 1967, he said ‘They all look alike to a person not a Jap.” Engage: Conversations in Philosophy: "They all look alike to a person not a Jap"*: The Legacy of Korematsu at OSU
    5. And, Hugo Black's anti-Catholic bias, which showed up in his actions on the Supreme Court:
"... Black was head of new members for the largest Klan cell in the South. New members of the KKK had to pledge their allegiance to the “eternal separation of Church and State.”... Separation was a crucial part of the KKK’s jurisprudential agenda. It was included in the Klansman’s Creed..."

Egnorance: Hugo Black and the real history of "the wall of separation between church and state"

1. Liberal historian Eric Foner writes that the Klan was “…a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party…” Foner, “Reconstruction: America’s Unfinished Revolution, 1863-1877,” p. 425

You expect me to give you millions of names? Don't people count, if they're not famous, in your world? Take the hit. People in the South switched parties. It was part of Nixon's plan to get elected.

No dupe, just read the post you replied to and you'll eventually figure out what am I asking. If not, read it again, as many times is necessary until it hits you.

So, start being dupe and name, not millions, but just five southern, white, racist, elected officials that switched from Democrat to Republican party.
If I were to do that, I would be a dupe for playing your little game. We all know what the deal was. Nixon even had a name for it, The Southern Strategy. What difference does it make if I can name Billy Bob Wilson, Billy Bob Smith, Billy Bob Jones, Billy Bob Lee and Billy Bob James?

Again, I am asking again that you name five southern, white, racist, elected officials that switched from Democrat to Republican party. Just five...

Again I will point out that starting in 1964- the Republican Party chose to nominate men who had opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act

Ronald Reagan- famously running for governor telling California voters: "If an individual wants to discriminate against Negroes or others in selling or renting his house," he said, "he has a right to do so."
George Bush- ran for office in Texas on the issue of opposing the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Meanwhile I will leave you with the words from Martin Luther King Jr.From 1964 (not 1924)
The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism. All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right. The “best man” at this ceremony was a senator whose voting record, philosophy, and program were anathema to all the hard-won achievements of the past decade.

....... On the urgent issue of civil rights, Senator Goldwater represented a philosophy that was morally indefensible and socially suicidal. While not himself a racist, Mr. Goldwater articulated a philosophy which gave aid and comfort to the racist. His candidacy and philosophy would serve as an umbrella under which extremists of all stripes would stand. In the light of these facts and because of my love for America, I had no alternative but to urge every Negro and white person of goodwill to vote against Mr. Goldwater and to withdraw support from any Republican candidate that did not publicly disassociate himself from Senator Goldwater and his philosophy

Begging for an education????

Nope- just sharing the thoughts of Martin Luther King Jr. on racism and the Republican Party

:lol: You keep saying Democrat like it means something. They were Southern, white Christian conservatives that started the KKK and they are still, predominantly, southern, white Christians conservatives.

Again, they were members of what party?

The party of White Christian Conservative Southern men.

Yep, who just happen to be Democrats.

Yep- the party of Democrats is of course still the party of White Christian Conservative Southern men.....

Of course......

Which is why of course the Democrats have been defending the flying of the Confederate Flag,and the Confederate monuments....

Oh wait- that has been the Republicans.....

Wrong again, DUNCE.]

Wrong again

Inside the Republican reversal on the Confederate flag

What did these two men have in common?

Robert Byrd
Barry Goldwater

Both strongly opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

The difference is that the Democrats didn't nominate Robert Byrd to be President.

Goldwater.jpg

After this post, it would behoove you to change your avi to DUNCE.

"Democrats today castigate Republican Senator Barry Goldwater as anti-black..

I don't castigate Barry Goldwater as 'anti-black'

I point out that Barry Goldwater was one the only non-Southern Senators to vote against the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

And then the Republicans nominated him for President.

Just as they nominated Reagan and Bush- both who opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

MLK Jr. said it best- he very carefully pointed out that Goldwater himself was not a racist- but:

While not himself a racist, Mr. Goldwater articulated a philosophy which gave aid and comfort to the racist.

Full quote

Wonder why?

-Geaux
--------

The picture was taken during the 1924 Democratic Convention.

klanbake-600x387.jpg

It was also known as “Klanbake.”

In Madison Square Garden, New York City, from June 24 to July 9, a dispute during came up revolving around an attempt by non-Klan delegates, led by Forney Johnston of Alabama, to condemn the organization for its violence in the Democratic Party’s platform.

Liberals Aren’t Liking This Newly-Discovered Photo Of The 1924 Democratic Convention…

That's uh ..... not a convention, Gummo. Your first clue should be the trolley tracks.

The "Klanbake" refers not to the convention but to the gathering of Klanners across the river from the convention in New Jersey (the convention being in NYC). They demonstrated and made a lot of noise. In the convention itself they were opposing the candidacies of Sen. Oscar Underwood (AL) and Al Smith, Governor of New York. Specifically Underwood and Smith were calling for a plank in the platform denouncing the Klan. Underwood was the most vocal voice opposing the Klan at the time, declaring the KKK and the US could not coexist and "between the two I choose my country". And Smith of course was a Catholic, one of the Klan's targets.

The Klan's Southern sympathizers were pushing for the nomination of William Gibbs McAdoo of California, who had been getting Klan support. McAdoo didn't acknowledge it but didn't denounce it either. By stalemating the ballots, the McAdoo faction got the voting extended, over and over beyond a hundred ballots, still the longest political convention in history. As the dates in your own OP illustrate ---- fifteen days.

The convention finally settled on an innocuous, unknown candidate, Governor John Davis of West Virginia, who accepted the nomination ----- and promply denounced the Klan. :rofl:

Four years later Al Smith was running again and the Klan again opposed him for being Catholic. By then the KKK had been weakened especially by the D.C Stephenson scandal, and they failed to prevent Smith's nomination. He was the first Catholic nominated for the office by a major political party.

Eight years after that, when FDR was at the height of his popularity and running for re-election, Roosevelt got the party nomination rules changed to a simple majority, so that the South contingent could never again hold up a convention like that. Next time the Democratic convention ran a candidate not named Roosevelt, much of the Southern contingent walked out, unhappy with all the rhetoric about "civil rights", and ran on their own ticket with Strom Thurmond at the top. That was 1948, which was what Trent Lott was referring to when he boasted "we (Mississippi) voted for him" and opined that if the rest of America "had followed our lead, we wouldn't have had all these problems over all these years", referring again presumably to those same "civil rights".

All you have to do is ask if you want these details. Nobody holds a convention on trolley tracks.

Last edited:
For all those people who state the KKK are Republicans now I have to ask who did the Klan thrive under ?

The aforementioned D.C. Stephenson, for one.

This would be the scandal (1925) I just mentioned. KKK took a huge hit.

Wonder why?

-Geaux
--------

klanbake-600x387.jpg

In Madison Square Garden, New York City, from June 24 to July 9, a dispute during came up revolving around an attempt by non-Klan delegates, led by Forney Johnston of Alabama, to condemn the organization for its violence in the Democratic Party’s platform.

Google image reverse search shows you to be a liar.
This image has been used all over the web. It's from the Birmingham Times newspaper.
Not the Dem convention in 1924.
Read 'em and weep, you're just another stupid sucker for a racist blog.

Reconstruction Era Black Codes, Poll Taxes, Jim Crow Laws, The Ku Klux Klan, White Leagues - Lessons - Tes Teach

Ku Klux Klan march

The Most Hated Clan In The U.S.: The Klu Klux Klan

Gateway to Hamptons, Ku Klux Klan Advertises for New Members

Caption from the second link:
"During the years after World War I, The Capital Times battled against the Ku Klux Klan, shown here during a 1924 march through the Greenbush neighborhood on South Park Street."

---- in Madison, Wisconsin.

OP busted.

So technically yeah the picture was taken during the 1924 Democratic convention --- while it was going on a thousand miles away.

Last edited:
Wonder why?

-Geaux
--------

klanbake-600x387.jpg

This image has been used all over the web. It's from the Birmingham Times newspaper.

Reconstruction Era Black Codes, Poll Taxes, Jim Crow Laws, The Ku Klux Klan, White Leagues - Lessons - Tes Teach

Ku Klux Klan march

"During the years after World War I, The Capital Times battled against the Ku Klux Klan, shown here during a 1924 march through the Greenbush neighborhood on South Park Street."

---- in Madison, Wisconsin. A thousand miles away from the Democratic convention.

OP busted.

The OP was a lie?

Call me shocked! Shocked I tell you!

New York. Ohio. Maine. Missouri. Colorado. Kansas. Oklahoma.

Dominated by Klan Republicans.

The Klan dominated the Republican party across the entire nation. The Klan so infected the GOP that some Republicans wanted to start an independent party.

Kind of like those of us who are sick of Trump and his Chumps who have infected the modern GOP.

I guess I should not be surprised Trump's Chumps are so profoundly ignorant of American history. Trump depends on them forgetting shit from five minutes ago, after all. And they happily oblige.

dned1k.jpg

We're Republicans now.

And you didn't mention Oregon, Washington, California (where Klan candies took over the city council in Anaheim) --- or Indiana, where it dominated state politics at every level right up to and including the Governor.(see video just linked). Indiana had the densest penetration --- it's estimated that at its peak one-third of the entire adult male population of Indiana was in the Klan.

But lest we imply that "Klan = Republican" just because it backed all these guys and opposed Smith, Underwood, Walton et al and persecuted the Democratic Party constituencies of blacks, Jews, Catholics, immigrants and labor unions --- to be fair it did get a mayor elected in Detroit, one Charles Bowles (1925) as a write-in with no political party at all.

The KKK was never connected with a national political party. It supported or opposed anybody who would serve its interests. In the convention referenced in the OP it supported McAdoo and opposed Underwood and Smith, all of them Democrats. In Oregon it got a mayor and a governor elected, one from each party. It was never there to play politics --- it has always been a self-appointed social police force.

Wonder why?

-Geaux
--------

klanbake-600x387.jpg

Ku Klux Klan march

---- in Madison, Wisconsin. A thousand miles away from the Democratic convention.

OP busted.

The OP was a lie?

My new favorite line from the OP is ---

>> a dispute during came up revolving around an attempt by non-Klan delegates, led by Forney Johnston of Alabama <<​

This is exactly what I described in my synopsis of post 229 ............. except that his name is actually "Oscar Underwood".

I actually went and looked up "Forney Johnston" wondering if I had missed something. All I could find was a Joseph Forney Johnston, who was indeed a governor and Senator from Alabama ---- and who by 1924 was dead for over a decade.

I guess when you're pulling illustrations from Madison Wisconsin and claiming they're from New York, "research" is not exactly Priority One.

Wonder why?

-Geaux
--------

klanbake-600x387.jpg

Ku Klux Klan march

OP busted.

The OP was a lie?

My new favorite line from the OP is ---

>> a dispute during came up revolving around an attempt by non-Klan delegates, led by Forney Johnston of Alabama <<​

This is exactly what I described in my synopsis of post 229 ............. except that his name is actually "Oscar Underwood".

I actually went and looked up "Forney Johnston" wondering if I had missed something. All I could find was a Joseph Forney Johnston, who was indeed a governor and Senator from Alabama ---- and who by 1924 was dead for over a decade.

I guess when you're pulling illustrations from Madison Wisconsin and claiming they're from New York, "research" is not exactly Priority One.

Yeah we know what 'Priority One' is.

LOL

Pushing the meme that the Democratic Party is the party of racists- when 95% of voting African Americans are members of the Democratic Party.

Essentially they are saying that 95% of voting African Americans are racists.

And they wonder why the GOP doesn't appeal to African Americans?

For all those people who state the KKK are Republicans now I have to ask who did the Klan thrive under ?
Southern conservatives

Woodrow Wilson is a southern conservative?

From 1915 to 1925 the klan thrived under southern conservatives and Midwestern factory workers afraid to lose their jobs to foreigners and negroes

Exactly. There had been during WWI, and still was after, a lot of industrialization, employment turnover and opportunities being answered by migrations of blacks from the South, and immigrants from Europe, particularly Catholic and Jewish Europe. The Klan tailored their recruitment tactics to the concerns of that time and place. Worried about immigrants? They're rapists? Never fear, the Klan is here. Scared of blacks? Klan is here to protect you. Jews give you the blues? Join the Klan -- it couldn't hurt. Labor unions? Klan keeps 'em at bay. In Maine they railed against French Canadians.

And besides this they were against drinking (strongly pro-Prohibition and allied with the Anti-Saloon League), gambling, adultering, any offense to Christian morality. They pulled one (white) woman out of her house and whipped her for "not going to church". And when her 15-year-old son came out to defend her, they whipped him too. Thought they were a moral police force. That's why I call 'em the American Taliban.

I love revisionist history

First off.... The klan is and always was a Conservative organization. Liberals are not welcome

Secondly.... the second generation klan that emerged in the early 1900 s was comprised of both Democrats in the south and Republicans in the Midwest.

Thirdly..... TODAYS klan is staunchly Republican and Conservative

First off, the klan was started by Democrats.

Second, they were revived in early 1900s again by Democrats (Wilson).

Third, you sure have a proof that Republicans support the klan, do ya?

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope.
Let's just run this for the 8462nd time for those who can't be bothered to either pay attention or do their homework.

The Klan (originally) was founded by, in alphabetical order, (Maj) James Crowe, Calvin Jones, (Capt) John B. Kennedy, (Capt) John Lester, Frank O. McCord, and Richard Reed, Christmas 1865, in the law office building of Calvin Jones' father Thomas Jones, while he was housesitting for the holidays. All six were ex-Confederate soldiers in their twenties. None had any known political affiliations or activities, nor did they found their little club for any such purpose. Prove me wrong.

Moreover Tennessee had no political parties in 1865 anyway. It was not a part of the United States, and when it had been a part of the CSA, that country had no political parties.

Here's the plaque put up on that building at 205 West Madison Street in Pulaski, Tennessee exactly one hundred years ago, by the Daughters of the Confederacy, showing those same names:

wall.jpg

That Klan was out of their hands within a few months and extinguished altogether within a decade.

Exactly fifty years less one month later, Thanksgiving Day 1915, one William Joseph "Colonel Joe" Simmons, a former Methodist minister, salesman, irrepressible club-joiner and con man, took several minions up Stone Mountain outside Atlanta in a rented bus, and re-founded it as the "Knights of the Ku Klux Klan", complete with burning cross taken directly from the movie "Birth of a Nation" that he was emulating, and registered it with the state of Georgia. Simmons' purpose was to exploit the notoriety of that film by providing a real-life Klan as portrayed in the movie that people could join, and thereby make money from memberships (which he did).

There was no one named "Wilson" present. There were however ex-members of the "Knights of Mary Phagan" including Simmons himself, a lynch mob that had captured and hung Leo Frank, a Jew accused of murder on shaky evidence.

Simmons also had no known political affiliation or activity. Prove me wrong.

His Klan however, once he too lost control of it, was dabbling in politics in the 1920s, opposing blacks, Catholics, Jews, immigrants and labor unions ----------- all of which happen to be Democratic Party constituents. And they pushed lots of Republicans where it served their interests (Baker - Oregon; Morley and Means - Colorado; Jackson - Indiana; Brewster - Maine; and a slew of local offices) and opposed Democrats who didn't serve them, as in the aforementioned Underwood and Al Smith:

>> The Ku Klux Klan continued to be a powerful force in America, with a membership that historians now estimate as high as two to four million. When Smith's campaign train headed West, it was met by burning crosses on the hills and explosions from dynamite charges echoing across the prairies. Klansmen and other religious bigots swayed ignorant voters by telling them that the Catholic Smith, having supposedly sworn fealty to the pope, would turn the United States over to "Romanism and Ruin." Protestant ministers told their congregations that if Smith became president, all non-Catholic marriages would be annulled and all children of these marriages declared illegitimate. Preachers even warned their congregations that if they voted for Al Smith, they would go straight to hell. << -- Dirty Campaigning in the Roaring Twenties
--- that sound like what a "Democratic" outfit would be doing? Undermining its own candidates?

Dumbass.

Oh and btw that state charter that Simmons filed to make his Klan official? It was revoked in the 1940s by Governor Ellis Arnall. A Democrat.

Last edited:
1.George Wallace votes went to Democrats.

Wallace was a Democrat, and the same people who voted for Wallace voted Democrat...
Slavers, segregationists, and other racists.

Oh goody. Somebody brings up Wallace. That leads us to two fun facts.

One, by way of correction, Wallace ran his 1968 Presidential campaign with the American Independent Party, a far-right wacko group based in California. His goal, as was his 1948 "Dixiecrat" predecessors', was to siphon off enough electoral votes to throw the election into the House of Reps. Both attempts failed, although not by much.

And two, four years earlier in 1964, Wallace tendered an offer to Barry Goldwater to serve as his running mate, offering to switch parties and become a Republican. Goldwater wisely declined the offer.

Despite its 100 years of civil rights history prior to Goldwater and Goldwater’s own support for civil rights, you lefties calling him a racist or racially insensitive because a man stood on principle.

Do you have any idea why Goldwater voted against the CRA of 1964?

Not me- Martin Luther King Jr. said these words

Again, you're not answering the question.

I think Martin Luther King Jr. answers the question quite well on my behalf

Not me- Martin Luther King Jr. said these words

You think you're funny with repeating that quote, but you're actually stuck on stupid.

First of all, you can say there was a "party switch" without admitting that Democrats were racist to begin with.

Second, leftist get their head stuck even deeper in their asses when they try to back their "party switch" claim with the fact that those "racist states" are all red states now. That doesn't mean what you think it means, that "those states are still racist". What it does mean is that Republicans beat racism, since those states are waaaaaay less racist now that they're Republican leaning states. By the way, when they were Democrat states there was lynching, harassment, crosses burning, segregation, etc.

And last, you do know that MLK was fighting Democrats, since they were ones denying blacks right to vote. Democrats had him jailed, the same ones who demand that Rosa Parks give up the seat to white folks. He was fighting Democrats who were hosing people on the street, releasing dogs on them. MLK saw wave after wave of Democrat institutionalized racism, but because of couple of cherry picks like Goldwater or Thurmond, and a quote you keep repeating you claim that MLK rejected Republicans and side himself with Democrat party? You do know that it was a Democrat who shot MLK, do ya?

You lefties do not own MLK legacy, he criticized Republicans in one or two passages of his book, but what you are not saying is that his whole life work was about fighting against everything that Democrats did to black people. Got it?

Forum List

Back