Liberals Bash Shareholders But Then Bash Companies for Buying Back Their Own Stock

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 23, 2012
For a long time, liberals have bashed shareholders as greedy, heartless scum who pressure or force companies to needlessly cut jobs and benefits. And, you know what? In many cases, shareholders are in fact scumbags who, using hired "analysts," push companies to make unnecessary cuts in jobs and benefits.

So you would think that liberals would be happy about the fact that the Trump tax cuts are enabling many companies to buy back their own stock. When companies buy back their own stock, they reduce or eliminate the the influence and number of their shareholders. But liberals don't seem to understand this fact. Liberals have been bashing companies for using some/all of their savings from the Trump tax cuts to buy back their own stock.

For a long time, liberals have bashed shareholders as greedy, heartless scum who pressure or force companies to needlessly cut jobs and benefits. And, you know what? In many cases, shareholders are in fact scumbags who, using hired "analysts," push companies to make unnecessary cuts in jobs and benefits.

So you would think that liberals would be happy about the fact that the Trump tax cuts are enabling many companies to buy back their own stock. When companies buy back their own stock, they reduce or eliminate the the influence and number of their shareholders. But liberals don't seem to understand this fact. Liberals have been bashing companies for using some/all of their savings from the Trump tax cuts to buy back their own stock.

They also could use their disproportionate tax relief to pay their workers—the gals and guys who didn’t get the sweetheart permanent cut their boss did— more

Why possibly could liberals be displeased that a tax cut "paid for" with 2.5 trillion in debt is being used to pay individual shareholders inflated profits for their stock. Lose liberals are just such whiny fools.

If you work in a company that becomes able to buy back its own stock, you should be happy because the company is putting itself in a better position because it will have more control over its own destiny and will be less subject, or not subject at all, to the demands of shareholders.

The more of its own stock that a company can buy back, the more control it will have over its own destiny.

Hold on ! I thought all these big Corp tax cuts were going to go to worker bonuses . Instead, companies are buying back shares .

Thanks for proving the GOP trickle down theory is a bunch of BS.

Hold on ! I thought all these big Corp tax cuts were going to go to worker bonuses . Instead, companies are buying back shares .

Why do you believe that poor people are entitled to someone else's money?

You can't be this stupid.

Why do you believe that poor people are entitled to someone else's money?

What are you babbling about .

/——/ So no company can pay bonuses AND buy back shares? It’s one of the other? Are you playing stupid just to get attention?

Forum List

Back