Liberals built western civilization

Liberals built western civilization all the way back in Ancient Athens, Roman empire through modern times through humanist concepts of critical thought and ever questioning of the world around us.... Think about it! Conservatives have always wanted the barons and the elite to have it all but liberals fought and demanded a voice for the little guy and most of these ideas came out of the college. The college is the greatest defender of human knowledge and freedom that we have.

Conservatives that want to cut science, education and give it all to the rich of course are once again against the college and attacking the concept of equal rights. Where would would western civilization be if it wasn't for science, critical thought and always striving for betterment of of human rights? We'd look like Africa.

Of course, the great Arab civilizations of the 8th through 10th century had a lot to do with the formation of the college and recording the knowledge that western civilization enjoyed during Greek and Roman times....But, what happened to them? What happened to them? Religion extremism and hatred of the concepts above happened to them and they become savages that we're dealing with today. Just like the Goths that saked Rome that hated civilization and the very same concepts a few centuries earlier.

Well, conservatives like things the same, so conservative Neanderthal wanted to remain Neanderthal.
So you're an engineered pussy are yeah...:gay:

Liberals built western civilization all the way back in Ancient Athens, Roman empire through modern times through humanist concepts of critical thought and ever questioning of the world around us.... Think about it! Conservatives have always wanted the barons and the elite to have it all but liberals fought and demanded a voice for the little guy and most of these ideas came out of the college. The college is the greatest defender of human knowledge and freedom that we have.

Conservatives that want to cut science, education and give it all to the rich of course are once again against the college and attacking the concept of equal rights. Where would would western civilization be if it wasn't for science, critical thought and always striving for betterment of of human rights? We'd look like Africa.

Of course, the great Arab civilizations of the 8th through 10th century had a lot to do with the formation of the college and recording the knowledge that western civilization enjoyed during Greek and Roman times....But, what happened to them? What happened to them? Religion extremism and hatred of the concepts above happened to them and they become savages that we're dealing with today. Just like the Goths that saked Rome that hated civilization and the very same concepts a few centuries earlier.

Well, conservatives like things the same, so conservative Neanderthal wanted to remain Neanderthal.

Liberals like things to change, so they take peace and tranquility and turn it into anarchy and chaos, and freedom into slavery.

Liberals like things to change, so they take peace and tranquility and turn it into anarchy and chaos, and freedom into slavery.

I'm not really sure how you got to this.

Liberalism isn't about change, it's about not stagnating with things when they don't work, though it's almost impossible to describe what liberalism is, because like I've said in another post, liberalism is relative.

So, if you have a feudal king, then liberalism will want to change this for something better, try and improve the situation. Slavery existed, but you can't change the whole world over night, you go from bit to bit to bit. Where it has changed over night, like Russia for example, it's often so chaotic that the people can't cope with it.

Liberalism isn't about change, it's about not stagnating with things when they don't work, though it's almost impossible to describe what liberalism is, because like I've said in another post, liberalism is relative.

So, if you have a feudal king, then liberalism will want to change this for something better, try and improve the situation. Slavery existed, but you can't change the whole world over night, you go from bit to bit to bit. Where it has changed over night, like Russia for example, it's often so chaotic that the people can't cope with it.

I was pointing out how moronic your statement was. Conservatives don't want to "keep things the same" just for the sake of keeping things the same.

Slavery was a progressive act. At the time the people did not believed in slavery. But they were convinced that slavery was progress. But the conservatives like John Brown and the rest of the abolitionist (Republicans), wanted to stick to their old ways. That a man must tiller his own fields, and must pay his employees honest days wage for a honest day work. But the progressives had thrown a sales' pitch to them into accepting slavery by enticement, by showing them all the good things that they can do with a slave.

Whitewashing the Democratic Party’s History

This is progress... Top 10 Mail Order Brides Sites 2017 - Reviews, Costs & Features

MandingoAnimated.gif

I was pointing out how moronic your statement was. Conservatives don't want to "keep things the same" just for the sake of keeping things the same.

I didn't say that Conservatives want to keep things the same for the sake of keeping them the same. I'm sure there are plenty of reasons why they want to keep them the same, but they're still being conservative by doing so.

My statement wasn't intended to be serious science, you know, it was intended to show that conservatism throughout the ages is relative to its point in time. A neanderthal conservative would see modern conservatism as liberalism.

And thus where the inanity of the statements that have been made in this thread.

You essentially define liberalism as essentially any progress that is good.

The stance that conservatives want to keep things the same is also inane in the application of conservative politics. Conservatives want a lot of change - some of it very radical.

Arguing over terminology is tedious and, mostly, pointless. Tell me your conception of the purpose of government and we'll go from there.

Forum List

Back