Liberals: Here's Why You Should Support CCW Law

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Good Guy shooters who stop mass shooters are relatively rare cases, but when they happen, lives get saved.
There were at least 434 active shooter attacks in the US from 2000 to 2021, according to ALERRT data. Active shooter attacks were defined as those in which one or more shooters killed or attempted to kill multiple unrelated people in a populated place.

Of those 434 active shooter cases, an armed bystander shot the attacker in 22 of the incidents. In 10 of those, the "good guy" was a security guard or an off-duty police officer, ALERRT data showed.

Speaking for myself. I support permitted CCW but I oppose Constitutional Carry laws.

Good Guy shooters who stop mass shooters are relatively rare cases, but when they happen, lives get saved.
There were at least 434 active shooter attacks in the US from 2000 to 2021, according to ALERRT data. Active shooter attacks were defined as those in which one or more shooters killed or attempted to kill multiple unrelated people in a populated place.

Of those 434 active shooter cases, an armed bystander shot the attacker in 22 of the incidents. In 10 of those, the "good guy" was a security guard or an off-duty police officer, ALERRT data showed.

That is Lite CNN. He took him with a pistol which he was not permitted in the mall.

Although authorities said Dicken was legally armed, the mall prohibits people from carrying weapons on its property. The mall issued a statement Monday saying it grieves for the victims and praising Dicken’s “heroic actions.” It didn’t mention its no-weapons policy and its operator, the Simon Property Group, didn’t respond to a request for comment.

Last edited:
People who are so afraid they can't even go to church without packing heat should not be pandered to. They are obviously mentally disturbed in some way and need therapy for their paranoia.

Need a reason to carry at church?

"The National Church Shooting Database recorded a total of 139 shootings in churches between 1980 and 2005. In all, 185 people died, including 36 children. These numbers don’t include other types of violence that don’t involve guns, such as bombings..”

People who are so afraid they can't even go to church without packing heat should not be pandered to. They are obviously mentally disturbed in some way and need therapy for their paranoia.

It’s a curious truism. Only those who carry guns are considered paranoid. Or Delusional

A person with a First Aid kit in their car is widely prepared. They may never need that kit. But they have it. Just in case.

The same is true of jumper cables.

Many people have a fire extinguisher in their kitchen. Are they paranoid or suffering fantasies of being a fireman? We say they are widely prepared for a fire. If. Not when. If one should start.

Smoke detectors. Radon detectors. Carbon monoxide detectors. All signs of paranoia? Or just prudent precautions?

I work in a high risk industrial environment. People have lost limbs out there before. For years I’ve carried a Tourniquet and an Israeli Battle Dressing. I’ve not needed it in the decade I’ve carried them. But am I paranoid? It may be the difference between life and death one day. The odds are that I won’t be present when the accident that causes such severe injuries happens. The odds are I won’t ever need them. But. The truth about preparing for a disaster is this.

You probably won’t need those supplies. But if you do need them. You’ll need them very badly indeed.

A gun is exactly the same. Chances are I’ll never pull it. Chances are extremely against it ever making the difference between life and death. But like the tourniquet I mentioned above. If I need it. I’ll need it badly.

Above I posted that I support permitted CCW. I have one. I’m keeping it even though Georgia went to Constitutional Carry. I’ll renew it when it is time.

That card shows I at least was legally allowed to carry. When I interact with police I can present it with my Drivers License. It is a way of telling the cop I am carrying legally without saying I have a gun and startling the cop. I want him informed. Not afraid.

Need a reason to carry at church?

"The National Church Shooting Database recorded a total of 139 shootings in churches between 1980 and 2005. In all, 185 people died, including 36 children. These numbers don’t include other types of violence that don’t involve guns, such as bombings..”
More guns at church will certainly fix that one.

It’s a curious truism. Only those who carry guns are considered paranoid. Or Delusional

A person with a First Aid kit in their car is widely prepared. They may never need that kit. But they have it. Just in case.

The same is true of jumper cables.

Many people have a fire extinguisher in their kitchen. Are they paranoid or suffering fantasies of being a fireman? We say they are widely prepared for a fire. If. Not when. If one should start.

Smoke detectors. Radon detectors. Carbon monoxide detectors. All signs of paranoia? Or just prudent precautions?

I work in a high risk industrial environment. People have lost limbs out there before. For years I’ve carried a Tourniquet and an Israeli Battle Dressing. I’ve not needed it in the decade I’ve carried them. But am I paranoid? It may be the difference between life and death one day. The odds are that I won’t be present when the accident that causes such severe injuries happens. The odds are I won’t ever need them. But. The truth about preparing for a disaster is this.

You probably won’t need those supplies. But if you do need them. You’ll need them very badly indeed.

A gun is exactly the same. Chances are I’ll never pull it. Chances are extremely against it ever making the difference between life and death. But like the tourniquet I mentioned above. If I need it. I’ll need it badly.

Above I posted that I support permitted CCW. I have one. I’m keeping it even though Georgia went to Constitutional Carry. I’ll renew it when it is time.

That card shows I at least was legally allowed to carry. When I interact with police I can present it with my Drivers License. It is a way of telling the cop I am carrying legally without saying I have a gun and startling the cop. I want him informed. Not afraid.
I get it, it makes you feel safe. I can't imagine the living hell of being so afraid of the world. Why should society cater to your lack of real courage?

I get it, it makes you feel safe. I can't imagine the living hell of being so afraid of the world. Why should society cater to your lack of real courage?
No I want someone to carry a pistol on their person, visible to all.
I don't believe in that the pistol should be hidden.

"Packing heat"? You've obviously been seeing too many B grade gangster movies.

You just go and hide out under your bed now and only come out for your boosters and for long enough to wash the fear stains out of your panties.

"Packing heat"? You've obviously been seeing too many B grade gangster movies.

You just go and hide out under your bed now and only come out for your boosters and for long enough to wash the fear stains out of your panties.
I don't need anything to bolster my courage in order to leave the house. Why do you? Do you live in Beirut or something?

Explain why you think I'm dumb for not walking around like a paranoid cowardly cowboy.
Explain why you think I'm dumb for believing I have the right to protect myself, my family, my property and that of my neighbors.

Or to protect you, for that matter, if you were my neighbor.

Last edited:
I suppose that if I felt that concerned about getting involved in a shoot out during my normal day-to-day activities, I’d carry a gun be it legal or not.

Explain why you think I'm dumb for believing I have the right to protect myself, my family, my property and that of my neighbors.
I don't think you are necessarily dumb. I think you are terribly afraid and only have one way of feeling safe. I lived on the mean streets of South Florida during the crack epidemic. Didn't have a gun. In fact I can think of a couple of times a gun in my hand would have meant I'd still be in jail. Guns are a kind of prosthetic courage. The real thing will let you walk through crack town in the middle of night.

I don't think you are necessarily dumb. I think you are terribly afraid and only have one way of feeling safe. I lived on the mean streets of South Florida during the crack epidemic. Didn't have a gun. In fact I can think of a couple of times a gun in my hand would have meant I'd still be in jail. Guns are a kind of prosthetic courage. The real thing will let you walk through crack town in the middle of night.
I believe you are lying.

In fact, I've never sensed any veracity in any your posts.

I can't imagine why you would feel the need to make up stories using phrases like "packing heat" and "the mean streets of South Florida" except to stroke your story-telling ego.

Whatever.

I believe you are lying.

In fact, I've never sensed any veracity in any your posts.

I can't imagine why you would feel the need to make up stories using phrases like "packing heat" and "the mean streets of South Florida" except to stroke your story-telling ego.

Whatever.
Excuse my colorful way of speaking. It comes from having led a life of adventure. If you haven't lived through a hundred situations where you have had to conquer your fear you've wasted it.

Forum List

Back