Liberals: If you were in a theater w a mass shooter, would u rather have a gun or phone (911)? Pick.

With the shooter's bearing down on you....which would you rather have:

• A gun. I want protection and a chance to fight for survival.

Votes: 20 87.0%
  • A phone. I will dial 911. SWAT will rescue me.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Neither. I want a "Gun Free Zone" sign on the theater so the shooting never occurred at all.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
As Stated, a reasonable response to an unreasonable situation. And no,I wouldn't choose a gun; that was the choice I was given; that or a cell phone. I'd go with something made by the Taser corporation.
When presented with someone clearly willing and able to use deadly force against you and others, why would you choose to arm yourself with less than deadly force in response?
Blood lust isn't attractive.
That's right -- and in response to blood lust, you choose to arm yourself with less than deadly force..
Why?
I guess to help elay the concerns I would have of becoming a gun crazy.
:lol:
Wait.... you would not chose a gun because if you did, you might become a "gun crazy"?
You're SO weak minded than an inanimate object can sway you in such ah a way?
It is indeed better that you do not have a gun.

Most Americans choose not to live their lives in fear having to carry a gun everywhere and jumping at every shadow

Last edited:
It's idiot conservatives who refuse to discuss the issue in good faith,
Anti-gun loons prove time and time again that they can only argue from emotion, ignorance, and/or emotion.
This serves to prove there is no good faith from those who seek to lay mindless, unnecessary restrictions on the law abiding.

How about a phone with recording of automatic gun fire and then the police saying put down your guns and come out with your hands up.

Some liberal will actually think this is a legitimate option.

Buc based from what I read from you is you are totally against any gun restrictions. You want to have more guns out there sell out to the public and all single adult can buy any guns. What do you think will happen to this country if every citizens are armed? Don't worry about any restrictions just sell them like cigarettes. Sell them to criminals and mentally retard, kids with no Id etc.. Is that acceptable to you?
Straw man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hard to believe sane human beings actually support armed civilians shooting it out in a dark theater

When presented with someone clearly willing and able to use deadly force against you and others, why would you choose to arm yourself with less than deadly force in response?
That's right -- and in response to blood lust, you choose to arm yourself with less than deadly force..
Why?
Wait.... you would not chose a gun because if you did, you might become a "gun crazy"?

Most Americans choose not to live their lives in fear having to carry a gun everywhere and jumping at every shadow
Better to have one and not need it than to not have one and need it.

Hard to believe sane human beings actually support armed civilians shooting it out in a dark theater

It's hard to believe some want to force people to have to sit there like doomed ducks while the killer slaughters everyone and praying SWAT gets there soon.

Afterall....Obama and you lefties said....you SAID....that these shootings happen with alarming regularity. Or...was they exaggerated partisanship talk?

Why?

Then WHY are you afraid that a good guy....like ex military or police or well trained CWP....just MIGHT want to carry a gun just in case? AFTERALL.....your leader said these shootings happen with alarming regularity in America.

That's true right? Obama said so. The threat of being gunned down in America is real and alarmingly possible....RIGHT? Thats what you lefties say all the time.

So....if you don't want to be afraid of it.....why are you afraid of letting good guys have a gun....so when one of these "alarming regularity" incidents occurs....maybe the shooter can be stopped?????

Why?

Better to have one and not need it than to not have one and need it.

Live in fear?
Jumping at shadows?

No thanks

Why?

Then WHY are you afraid that a good guy....like ex military or police or well trained CWP....just MIGHT want to carry a gun just in case? AFTERALL.....your leader said these shootings happen with alarming regularity in America.

That's true right? Obama said so. The threat of being gunned down in America is real and alarmingly possible....RIGHT? Thats what you lefties say all the time.

So....if you don't want to be afraid of it.....why are you afraid of letting good guys have a gun....so when one of these "alarming regularity" incidents occurs....maybe the shooter can be stopped?????

I have no problem with a licensed, fully trained individual carrying a gun

An asshole walking around a Walmart with an AR-15?
Scares the shit out of me

Why?

I have no problem with a licensed, fully trained individual carrying a gun

An asshole walking around a Walmart with an AR-15?
Scares the shit out of me

OH....we agree!

Yes...licensed and trained. So you support nationwide concealed carry I assume?

And yes....I see no need to carry an AR15 in public. Not only is it just dumb....but it creates a public panic because who knows if the person is a mass shooter about to start shooting?

Good. We agree CWP holders should be able to carry almost anywhere in America.

Optimally I'd choose my husband to have a gun. Myself personally, not knowing how to shoot, I'd be too afraid to shoot cause I might hit an innocent on accident and I wouldn't be able to live with myself >.< My husband on the other hand is a West Pointer.

If I my husband was not there... I would still choose to have the gun, though I'll tell you it's highly unlikely that I would... I'd have to do some kind of suicide run to get it in his face before I could pull the trigger so I would likely be useless to stop the bad guy unfortunately :(

Optimally I'd choose my husband to have a gun. Myself personally, not knowing how to shoot, I'd be too afraid to shoot cause I might hit an innocent on accident and I wouldn't be able to live with myself >.< My husband on the other hand is a West Pointer.

If I my husband was not there... I would still choose to have the gun, though I'll tell you it's highly unlikely that I would... I'd have to do some kind of suicide run to get it in his face before I could pull the trigger so I would likely be useless to stop the bad guy unfortunately :(

Great answer. Although....I'd guess that if you started carrying...your husband would ensure you trained enough with it to be comfortable.

Great answer. Although....I'd guess that if you started carrying...your husband would ensure you trained enough with it to be comfortable.
My wife and I are both very comfortable with her being shooter #2.

Oh of course, I'm smart enough to know better than to handle a weapon without training. Learning to shoot is one of those things I keep meaning to do but in my "sheltered" life it's just not been necessary. Its been on my bucket list for like 30 years, but I've always had my family to "protect" me so it just gets put on the back burner.

In any event, of course my husband has shown me enough to protect myself in the event someone were to break into the house. The rule is I get him, but if such an occasion arises that he's unavailable (which likely means they shot him, repeatedly...) and (now that our sons are mostly out of the house) I find I have no choice but to shoot, that I should stand against the wall and hope that my shots scare them off because I won't hit them, or that if I absolutely /must/ hit them, I had best grab the bad guy because I will miss, and worse I'll very likely knock myself out from the kickback.

1000+ view,~200 posts............only 21 votes? huh?
Forget the sign and install metal detectors. The movie theater is no place to be playing cowboys.

No shit. The issue is not 'playing cowboys', it's a query regarding a very real scenario, wherein a Prog sought out a "Gun-Free" movie theater, specifically to murder as many innocent people as it could.

A metal detector would not have stopped the Prog, because it did not come in through the front door.

But, ya know what could have stopped it, rather easily? An American, with a sidearm.

All of this nonsense wherein you people spout "Adding more guns only makes it more dangerous..." fails because it's already as dangerous as it can get, with the evidence of that being all the dead people.

What makes it less dangerous is the shutting down of the Prog with a firearm.

Forum List

Back