🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Liberals now taxing you for rainfall thanks to the EPA

Okay, people can't even set a barrel or two in their yards to catch rain water so they can water their garden later. The reason this was changed to a crime is because the government says we don't own the water and have no right to keep it. So, how in the hell can people be taxed for something that the government says they don't own?

The EPA is nothing more than a political machine trying to find more money for the government to waste.

I've paid a stormwater surcharge for many years, on the city water bill. So has pretty much everyone. I never realized I was supposed to whine that it was a tax on rain. Let's thank the conservatives here for teaching us that.

• Banned
I've paid a stormwater surcharge for many years, on the city water bill. So has pretty much everyone. I never realized I was supposed to whine that it was a tax on rain. Let's thank the conservatives here for teaching us that.

THIS NEW TAX is based off rainfall totals gathered from satellite. It is a rain tax not a sewer tax.

You should continue to be a good little unquestioning taxpayer who does as he is told.

I'm sorry your complacency was disturbed.

Go back to sleep.

I think the tax is insane....I don't understand that at all.

It's also interesting that news services that posters here claim are liberal all seem to be opposed to the tax as well.

I am sure Chesapeake Bay could use a clean up...but this is an odd way to fund it.

Okay, people can't even set a barrel or two in their yards to catch rain water so they can water their garden later. The reason this was changed to a crime is because the government says we don't own the water and have no right to keep it. So, how in the hell can people be taxed for something that the government says they don't own?

The EPA is nothing more than a political machine trying to find more money for the government to waste.

Fine, then I'll call their asses when it snows 2 feet next time and tell them to get their property off my sidewalk and driveway! lol

...roofs, driveways and carparks create more potential for drainage problems and water contamination.

It's not enough to regulate, tax and/or penalize polluters and pollution itself, they are now going after the owner of structures that divert the water-dissolved "pollution"?

Water will find the path of least resistance regardless of where it falls.

Perhaps they should actually collect samples and find out the origin of this "pollution" and prosecute those responsible.

This is FUBB.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYHCgjwXbB4]Wishbone Ash - F.U.B.B - YouTube[/ame]

They LIE to you about the nature of the article and most of you fall for it.

Rain tax?

Nope

The fee will be based on the size of the building and surrounding paved surfaces

The TAX is on buldings and paved surfaces.

the EXCUSE is about rain runoff.

No building, no paved surfaces?

NO TAX

Last edited:
How is this a tax on rain when you pay the same tax whether there is rain or not?

The Chesapeake basin is the lifeblood of Maryland. Protecting it from harmful runoff makes sense. I have a house in Marlyland and already pay an assessment on roof area and paved surfaces. That is why most houses in my area have gravel driveways

How is this a tax on rain when you pay the same tax whether there is rain or not?

The Chesapeake basin is the lifeblood of Maryland. Protecting it from harmful runoff makes sense. I have a house in Marlyland and already pay an assessment on roof area and paved surfaces. That is why most houses in my area have gravel driveways

Thank you, RW.

I was becoming concerned that I was the only person who saw what a load of malarchy this "RAIN" tax title was.

Hmmm, no such taxes on agriculture?
Shirley they are having more impact on that waterway's environment than the average bear.

Actually, the main source of pollution in our waters is runoff from chemicals used in residential yards. Second source is farm chemicals.

Look it up for yourself.

Every structure that is built and any/all solid surfaces that don't allow water to perk down cause changes to water routes both above & below ground.

This "tax" is already in place in many areas.

Just exactly WHERE is it still illegal to have rain barrels? Colorado changed/amended that law a few years back....is there another place?
I have 5 rain barrels and use them!

Forum List

Back