Liberals support the patriot act

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
You reelected Obama because you suppoet the patriot act.

This is the same dumbass logic you all use to try to prove Americans support Obamacare so deal with it. You CLEARLY support the patriot act since you voted for Obama.

Fact right? Lol

This is the same dumbass logic you all use to try to prove Americans support Obamacare so deal with it. You CLEARLY support the patriot act since you voted for Obama.

Fact right? Lol
I'm a liberal and have been against the PA since day 1.

I've been against the ACA ever since they took out the public option.

I voted for Obama because the reps haven't done shit for the country. They've done a lot of things to it, but nothing for it.

BTW, your logic is ass-backwards! Both the ACA and the PA were enacted without a Congressional review of the bills. So, if you're against the ACA because Congress didn't "read it", prior to voting on it, then you have to have been against the PA for the very same reason.

Que pasa, mutha?

Fact right? Lol

Well, I wouldn't call it logic - but you got the 'dumbass' part right.

Fact right? Lol
I'm a liberal and have been against the PA since day 1.

I've been against the ACA ever since they took out the public option.

I voted for Obama because the reps haven't done shit for the country. They've done a lot of things to it, but nothing for it.

BTW, your logic is ass-backwards! Both the ACA and the PA were enacted without a Congressional review of the bills. So, if you're against the ACA because Congress didn't "read it", prior to voting on it, then you have to have been against the PA for the very same reason.

Que pasa, mutha?

You may say you're against it but since you voted for him you are by extension supporting it.

That is the logic I see repeated over and over by the left as their "proof" thataAmericans support Ocare.

You may say you're against it but since you voted for him you are by extension supporting it.

That is the logic I see repeated over and over by the left as their "proof" thataAmericans support Ocare.
Do you support torture?

By voting for George Bush, you are by extension supporting torture.

Do you support torture?

By voting for George Bush, you are by extension supporting torture.

Torture them, I don't give a damn.

I'm no fan of the Patriot Act, and I didn't vote for Bush - but the OP asks a valid question. If ACA apologists claim that Obama's re-election was a mandate for his health care reform, why isn't it also a mandate for the Patriot Act, for keeping Guantanamo open, for the NSA spying, etc ..?

The fact is, the vote expressed nothing more than a preference for Obama over Romney (who wouldn't have repealed ACA anyway).

I'm no fan of the Patriot Act, and I didn't vote for Bush - but the OP asks a valid question. If ACA apologists claim that Obama's re-election was a mandate for his health care reform, why isn't it also a mandate for the Patriot Act, for keeping Guantanamo open, for the NSA spying, etc ..?

The fact is, the vote expressed nothing more than a preference for Obama over Romney (who wouldn't have repealed ACA anyway).
Because this isn't an "either/or", "black or white", "with us or against us" thing.

There are more choices than that and there are more reasons why someone would've voted for Obama. The PA was not an Obama driven bill. It was pushed through Congress by George W. Bush, not Barack Obama.

Do you fuckers ever take responsibility for the shit you do?

Because this isn't an "either/or", "black or white", "with us or against us" thing.

There are more choices than that and there are more reasons why someone would've voted for Obama. The PA was not an Obama driven bill. It was pushed through Congress by George W. Bush, not Barack Obama.

Obama signed its extension. Did you miss that?

"you fuckers"?? What exactly did I do that I'm supposed to take responsibility for? I didn't vote for Bush or Obama.

Obama signed its extension. Did you miss that?
No I didn't.

I haven't supported his policies for the last 3 years.

"you fuckers"?? What exactly did I do that I'm supposed to take responsibility for? I didn't vote for Bush or Obama.
It was a "figurative" you, not a "literal" one.

Which you opened yourself up to, by saying that dumbass question was a valid one.

Wait a minute. Obama was suppose to be 'transformaaaational', 'different from his predecessor', he was to give us all 'hope' and 'change' and 'the most transparent administration evahhh'.

He kept the PA, he didn't get rid of it. You know, that awful, terrible thing that George did? Why didn't Obama get rid of it?

Grampa's logic is just. If voting for Obama is somehow a mandate for 'Obombacare' (as I have read ad nauseum on here) then it is also a mandate for all the awful shit that W did and Obama continued. That Obama continued. That Obama continues.

By logic, if having to raise the debt ceiling is a sign of failed leadership when GWB was president -- and it must have been because Obama said so himself! -- then, logically, it is also a sign of failed leadership that we are, once again, having to raise it under BHO. Yet, not one little peepy peep about that from the left. Oh, it's "Obama". That's different. Somehow, it just is.

:rolleyes:

Wait a minute. Obama was suppose to be 'transformaaaational', 'different from his predecessor', he was to give us all 'hope' and 'change' and 'the most transparent administration evahhh'.

He kept the PA, he didn't get rid of it. You know, that awful, terrible thing that George did? Why didn't Obama get rid of it?

Grampa's logic is just. If voting for Obama is somehow a mandate for 'Obombacare' (as I have read ad nauseum on here) then it is also a mandate for all the awful shit that W did and Obama continued. That Obama continued. That Obama continues.

By logic, if having to raise the debt ceiling is a sign of failed leadership when GWB was president -- and it must have been because Obama said so himself! -- then, logically, it is also a sign of failed leadership that we are, once again, having to raise it under BHO. Yet, not one little peepy peep about that from the left. Oh, it's "Obama". That's different. Somehow, it just is.

:rolleyes:
Obama is just as much a corporate bitch as was his predecessor, doing what he's told like a good little whore.

Um....no.

The election was certainly a referendum on Obamacare. Mitt and Howdy Doody made the repeal of Obamcare the thing they would do "on day one". They ran on it. It was a cornerstone of their campaign.

The Patriot Act was not.

Very simple.

Forum List

Back