Liberals suspend 8th grader for shirt that says “Standing for those who stood for us,”

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
All liberals are america-haters.

Oregon eighth-grader suspended from school for wearing patriotic shirt showing gun

oct 11 2015 Alan Holmes, an eighth-grade student in Gresham, Ore., still remembers the day his older brother returned home after serving in Iraq with the Marines.

As he got older, Holmes’s pride turned into patriotism. He wanted to demonstrate that patriotism last week by wearing a T-shirt to school that included a design memorializing fallen soldiers and bearing the words “Standing for those who stood for us,” according to KATU. Instead, the image on his shirt — boots, a helmet and a gun — got him suspended, the station reported.

Officials at Dexter McCarty Middle School asked Holmes to change his shirt,according to Fox affiliate KPTV. When he refused, the station reported, he was given an ultimatum: Remove the shirt or face suspension.

“Standing for those who stood for us,” according to KATU. Instead, the image on his shirt — boots, a helmet and a gun — got him suspended, the station reported.

Officials at Dexter McCarty Middle School asked Holmes to change his shirt, according to Fox affiliate KPTV. When he refused, the station reported, he was given an ultimatum: Remove the shirt or face suspension."

In Loco Parentis, do what they say since keeping the peace is part of their job.

“Standing for those who stood for us,” according to KATU. Instead, the image on his shirt — boots, a helmet and a gun — got him suspended, the station reported.

Officials at Dexter McCarty Middle School asked Holmes to change his shirt, according to Fox affiliate KPTV. When he refused, the station reported, he was given an ultimatum: Remove the shirt or face suspension."

In Loco Parentis, do what they say since keeping the peace is part of their job.
Maybe the mods will delete your post since I found that offensive. You know, for "peace" and all

Maybe the mods will delete your post since I found that offensive. You know, for "peace" and all
If they wanted to, they have that right now don't they? That's how it works, in the real world where I live.

If they wanted to, they have that right now don't they? That's how it works, in the real world where I live.
Your real world is an internet forum? :finger3:

No, my real world is He who holds the gold makes the rules. And In Loco Parentis, which all schoolchildren are subject to. Obey or find yourself sitting at home, which is entirely appropriate.

No, my real world is He who holds the gold makes the rules. And In Loco Parentis, which all schoolchildren are subject to. Obey or find yourself sitting at home, which is entirely appropriate.
nice statist :thup:

Why should this kid be above the rules?

Did I say he should? :dunno:
This is just selective outrage and you know it.

Yes. It seems like selective outrage from those complaining about the punishment.

Yes. It seems like selective outrage from those complaining about the punishment.
k

Oregon eighth-grader suspended from school for wearing patriotic shirt showing gun

oct 11 2015 Alan Holmes, an eighth-grade student in Gresham, Ore., still remembers the day his older brother returned home after serving in Iraq with the Marines.

As he got older, Holmes’s pride turned into patriotism. He wanted to demonstrate that patriotism last week by wearing a T-shirt to school that included a design memorializing fallen soldiers and bearing the words “Standing for those who stood for us,” according to KATU. Instead, the image on his shirt — boots, a helmet and a gun — got him suspended, the station reported.

Officials at Dexter McCarty Middle School asked Holmes to change his shirt,according to Fox affiliate KPTV. When he refused, the station reported, he was given an ultimatum: Remove the shirt or face suspension.

Probably wanted a day off. :) Noadays, because of gun zero tolerance like this, if youw ant a day off it's easy to arrange. And given the ridiculous short-lived policy like this it wont screw up your transcripts like being suspended for other things might.

I think MOST schools have "no guns, no weapons, no drugs, no alcohol, no sex" rules for their dress codes these days.

Yeah, obscenity is not a matter of what you find offensive but what the rules (or laws) define. If it says "no gun" in shirt, then he gets suspended short term. Simple & easy. This is different from suspending just because the school doesn't like it when the rules don't prohibit such.

To me, this is why there are so many shootings. The school powers that be are too focused on the more trivial things like what the kids are wearing for example.

God bless you and the boy always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back