Liberals suspend college student for criticising Islam, mexicans, and Baltimore rioters.

11825670_520911134727327_1892493622322582905_n.jpg
Moonglow

College used to be the perfect place to speak your mind, challenge orthodoxy, challenge your own beliefs, and learn how to think critically.

Now it's just the opposite.

Damn shame. The decay continues.

No thanks to liberals.

College used to be the perfect place to speak your mind, challenge orthodoxy, challenge your own beliefs, and learn how to think critically.

Damn shame. The decay continues..
No thanks to liberals.
Look at the posts here. The PC Police are very happy to see what has happened on campuses. They don't want debate, they don't want free expression of ideas, they don't want open, curious young minds questioning everything.

They want narcissistic single-minded zealots, just like themselves.

Damn shame. The decay continues..
No thanks to liberals.
Look at the posts here. The PC Police are very happy to see what has happened on campuses. They don't want debate, they don't want free expression of ideas, they don't want open, curious young minds questioning everything.

They want narcissistic single-minded zealots, just like themselves.

Hmmmmm. You almost aimed that rant at liberals. Is that who you believe is endangering free thought and speech at America's colleges and universities?

How is calling Mexicans beaners considered a free expression of ideas?

You must understand. If we want to solve problems like bigotry and racism, we have to act like mature adults. That means that we need to respect everything that anyone says.......so we can embrace all bigots in hearts-and-minds-changing hugs.

Maybe you really don't understand this.

First of all, allowing some bigot to scream "beaners" (I'm half Hispanic by the way, my father in law is Mexican, and we don't give a crap about that) is in itself promoting the free expression of ideas. Great, use that word, look like a fool, I'm good with that. I'll shine a light on it, thanks for your help.

Then, in a more tolerant and open society, that person would be heard and engaged in debate. Not screaming down, not attacked, not getting kicked off the campus. Actual debate that requires critical thinking, patience, intelligence and reason (what nice life training for young people, wouldn't you agree?). That would be another promotion of free expression. I've done this in various forms a zillion times and I find it to be fascinating and stimulating.

I'm not afraid for people to have views that conflict with mine, and I have no interest in punishing them for those views. I want to know who the bigots are, where they are, what they are thinking, and (perhaps most importantly) who agrees with them. I can't do that when they're kept in the shadows, causing their bigoted beliefs to fester and intensify and spread to others, which is what is happening right now.

I taught my kids this when they were young, and they got it. I'm not so sure why this so complicated elsewhere. But on the other hand, I want to improve race relations, unlike those who just want political victories. What is happening on campuses is the very antithesis of that.

I made that as clear as I can, and I'm not expecting you to agree. Or, perhaps, even understand.

Last edited:

First of all, allowing some bigot to scream "beaners" (I'm half Hispanic by the way, my father in law is Mexican, and we don't give a crap about that) is in itself promoting the free expression of ideas. Great, use that word, look like a fool, I'm good with that. I'll shine a light on it, thanks for your help.

Then, in a more tolerant and open society, that person would be heard and engaged in debate. Not screaming down, not attacked, not getting kicked off the campus. Actual debate that requires critical thinking, patience, intelligence and reason (what nice life training for young people). That would be another promotion of free expression. I've done this in various forms a zillion times and I find it to be fascinating and stimulating.

I'm not afraid for people to have views that conflict with mine, and I have no interest in punishing them for those views. I want to know who the bigots are, where they are, what they are thinking, and (perhaps most importantly) who agrees with them. I can't do that when they're kept in the shadows, causing their bigoted beliefs to fester and intensify and spread to others, which is what is happening right now.

I taught my kids this when they were young, and they got it. I'm not so sure why this so complicated elsewhere. But on the other hand, I want to improve race relations, unlike those who just want political victories. What is happening on campuses is the very antithesis of that.

I made that as clear as I can, and I'm not expecting you to agree. Or, perhaps, even understand.

Bigotry is not spreading, genius.

Yet to be credible, those who condemn that slander must also condemn the hate we see when the image of Jesus Christ is desecrated, churches are destroyed, or the Holocaust is denied.

Remember all the Christians who have been (and continue to be) gruesomely killed by isis and how obama called out and condemned the islamic terrorists for those heinous acts?

Yeah, me either.

Then, in a more tolerant and open society, that person would be heard and engaged in debate. Not screaming down, not attacked, not getting kicked off the campus. Actual debate that requires critical thinking, patience, intelligence and reason (what nice life training for young people, wouldn't you agree?). That would be another promotion of free expression. I've done this in various forms a zillion times and I find it to be fascinating and stimulating.

So, what you're saying is that ... you're both a beaner and a gringo at the same damn time?

:D

So, what you're saying is that ... you're both a beaner and a gringo at the same damn time?

A beango!

:laugh:

A beango!

:laugh:

Ha ha ha!

I'd be finding another university to attend. But so many are run by liberals it might be a little difficult to find one that won't punish you for your opinions.
Yes, I'm sure Texas Christian is a hotbed of drunken naked rabid co-ed liberalism. Berkeley is probably jealous.

Just because the word Christian is in their name doesn't mean it's run by Christians or that all Christians go there. It's a liberal thing to be intolerant of others opinions & try to shut people up.

Yeah, sure. It's a liberal thing. Any time a conservative does such a thing, instantly they become a liberal. Hmmm.

You are free to debate with people that call Mexicans beaners all you please. If you find such a person that is willing to engage in "Actual debate that requires critical thinking, patience, intelligence and reason, " give us a shout.

You are free to debate with people that call Mexicans beaners all you please. If you find such a person that is willing to engage in "Actual debate that requires critical thinking, patience, intelligence and reason, " give us a shout.
I just used those elements of communication with you, and you weren't interested. You'd rather wait for someone else to be brave and make the first move.

Judging by the way you folks already react and behave, you're a part of the problem.

I'd rather see improved race relations. Political victories are irrelevant to me.

Forum List

Back