Liberals: WHERE the HELL are you now?

How is this any different from all the so-called "conservatives" who kept saying "If you're not hiding anything, you have nothing to fear" about the Patriot Act during Bush?

Well, while those conservatives were definitely wrong, there is a monumental difference between what amounts to "data mining" information of U.S. citizens and killing U.S. citizens, wouldn't you say?

I'd much rather have the federal government steal and read my emails than kill me and my family with a predator drone. The fact that you can't see a "difference" (you exact words) is truly tragic.

Another "monumental difference" would be that Bush actually did wiretapped American citizens - whereas Obama has yet to use Predator drones in the US, and is staggeringly unlikely to do so.

Oh - well, why didn't you say so? I feel so comfortable now that "thedoctorisin" says that Barack Obama is "staggeringly unlikely" to kill Americans with drones, even though he has illegally and unconstitutionally granted himself that power.

By the way, will you be so confident in the next president when it is Dick Cheney with that power? Or Jeb Bush? Or Allen West?

Yeah, I thought so.... Here's an idea, instead of desperately searching for excuses, why don't you denounce this awful action by Obama? It's amazing that you people are completely incapable of criticizing him no matter what he does.

We are here, dickhead. We just don't want to play your fucked up game of "gotcha".

The POTUS has followed the law. Should the law be changed? Probably.

That would require that our fine Senators and Representatives write some legislation.

Liberals despise the idea of government over-reach.....especially of the violent variety. But we also have common sense. And we know when nutters are pretending to be patriots when they just want to fuck a dude over.

Asshole.

I'm sorry - what law states the POTUS has the right to drone bomb and kill American citizens?!?! I eagerly await your uneducated bullshit response....

No.

The Constitution applies only to the US, but it doesn't limit the rights to American citizens. A Canadian who gets arrested in NY gets the same legal rights as you or I would, as would a Mexican, or any other foreign national.

It's not a matter of other countries recognizing our Constitution - it's a matter of us recognizing our Constitution - and our Constitution applies to anyone within the jurisdiction of our legal system, not just citizens.

No, it doesn't. The U.S. Constitution does not apply to anyone other than Americans. You have zero right to remain silent if you're a Russian. You have zero right to a speedy trial if you're an Australian.

Now, have we traditionally extended them those rights? Yes. But do we have to? Absolutely NOT. You cannot have Constitutional rights if you're not a U.S. citizen. It really is that simple....

You need to re-read the Constitution. The legal protections of the accused apply to anyone here or under our control.

You need to read the Constitution for the FIRST time before telling others to re-read it.

Never mind - if you've been too fuck'n lazy to read it once over you first 65 years on this planet, I don't see your lazy ass getting off the recliner now and actually reading it. I guess I'll just do what everyone else does and ignore you.

We are here, dickhead. We just don't want to play your fucked up game of "gotcha".

The POTUS has followed the law. Should the law be changed? Probably.

That would require that our fine Senators and Representatives write some legislation.

Liberals despise the idea of government over-reach.....especially of the violent variety. But we also have common sense. And we know when nutters are pretending to be patriots when they just want to fuck a dude over.

Asshole.

I'm sorry - what law states the POTUS has the right to drone bomb and kill American citizens?!?! I eagerly await your uneducated bullshit response....

Bush and the GOP called it "The Patriot Act"

Unless you are going to slam the GOP for it, you can go back to your trailer and eat a bag of teabagger sacks.

Well, while those conservatives were definitely wrong, there is a monumental difference between what amounts to "data mining" information of U.S. citizens and killing U.S. citizens, wouldn't you say?

I'd much rather have the federal government steal and read my emails than kill me and my family with a predator drone. The fact that you can't see a "difference" (you exact words) is truly tragic.

Another "monumental difference" would be that Bush actually did wiretapped American citizens - whereas Obama has yet to use Predator drones in the US, and is staggeringly unlikely to do so.

Oh - well, why didn't you say so? I feel so comfortable now that "thedoctorisin" says that Barack Obama is "staggeringly unlikely" to kill Americans with drones, even though he has illegally and unconstitutionally granted himself that power.

By the way, will you be so confident in the next president when it is Dick Cheney with that power? Or Jeb Bush? Or Allen West?

Yeah, I thought so.... Here's an idea, instead of desperately searching for excuses, why don't you denounce this awful action by Obama? It's amazing that you people are completely incapable of criticizing him no matter what he does.

Hello asshole.

I hereby criticize President Obama for his stance on drone use on American soil regrading American citizens.

Feel better?

You assholes JUST WANT TO VALIDATE YOUR HATRED for the President. News flash........it is possible to support a President while not supporting everything he stands for. Try it sometime.

Dickhead.

Hello asshole.

I hereby criticize President Obama for his stance on drone use on American soil regrading American citizens.

Feel better?

You assholes JUST WANT TO VALIDATE YOUR HATRED for the President. News flash........it is possible to support a President while not supporting everything he stands for. Try it sometime.

Dickhead.

Boy, you're one angry motherfucker when Obama is so egregious, you are forced to denounce something he has done. Jesus....

For the record, we're the side that has actually criticized our side since the beginning of time. We beat the hell out of GWB on many issues. You're the first Obama lover I've seen who has actually said this is wrong.

Kudos for being the first liberal to ever make an honest statement (even if you have to get all bent out of hell to do it)....

Your statement is so ignorant, it defies logic.

The U.S. Constitution applies to Americans only. It is not an international document. It does not apply to Mexicans. Canadians do not have a "right to bear arms" (just ask them). Ask Iran if they recognize their citizens "U.S. Constitutional rights".

It is strictly a U.S. document which applies to U.S. citizens only. Period.

No.

The Constitution applies only to the US, but it doesn't limit the rights to American citizens. A Canadian who gets arrested in NY gets the same legal rights as you or I would, as would a Mexican, or any other foreign national.

It's not a matter of other countries recognizing our Constitution - it's a matter of us recognizing our Constitution - and our Constitution applies to anyone within the jurisdiction of our legal system, not just citizens.

No, it doesn't. The U.S. Constitution does not apply to anyone other than Americans. You have zero right to remain silent if you're a Russian. You have zero right to a speedy trial if you're an Australian.

Now, have we traditionally extended them those rights? Yes. But do we have to? Absolutely NOT. You cannot have Constitutional rights if you're not a U.S. citizen. It really is that simple....

You're staggeringly wrong, and every legal precedent is against you. It really is that simple.

Here are a few Supreme Court cases.

FindLaw | Cases and Codes
While it may be that a resident alien's ultimate right to remain in the United States is subject to alteration by statute or authorized regulation because of a voyage undertaken by him to foreign ports, it does not follow that he is thereby deprived of his constitutional right to procedural due process. His status as a person within the meaning and protection of the Fifth Amendment cannot be capriciously taken from him.

The only "Rights" outlined in the Constitution that are limited to citizens are the Right to vote, and the Right to run for public office. The rest make no distinction about citizenship.

A quick glance at the Bill of Rights, and it's use of the word "person" not "citizen" would explain what I mean.

Hello asshole.

Feel better?

Dickhead.

Boy, you're one angry motherfucker when Obama is so egregious, you are forced to denounce something he has done. Jesus....

For the record, we're the side that has actually criticized our side since the beginning of time. We beat the hell out of GWB on many issues. You're the first Obama lover I've seen who has actually said this is wrong.

Kudos for being the first liberal to ever make an honest statement (even if you have to get all bent out of hell to do it)....

Are you paid by Beck, or are you naturally this stupid?

Dear President Obama: Whack them evildoers!

Can't wait until Allen West uses them on you a few years from now so the USMB community doesn't have to listen to your senseless drivel and your weak attempts at being a troll.... :lol:

This really illustrates how much Barack Obama hates Americans and loves muslims. When terrorists were being held without "due process" (which they are not entitled as the U.S. Constitution is not an international document - it applies to Americans only and only with regards to the U.S. government... an American in China is at the mercy of the Chinese government and has no rights) while he was a Senator, Barack Obama had a fuck'n hissy fit.

Yet, he says he has the right to kill actual Americans without due process. He is one sick fuck'n animal and it is very clear that he has his daddy's deep hatred for this country and its people.

Your first sentence made the rest of your silly post irrelevant.

Dear President Obama: Whack them evildoers!

Can't wait until Allen West uses them on you a few years from now so the USMB community doesn't have to listen to your senseless drivel and your weak attempts at being a troll.... :lol:

Funny. Teabagger darling Allen West was booted from the Army - and sure as hell will NEVER be president. Therefore, I ain't worried...

This really illustrates how much Barack Obama hates Americans and loves muslims. When terrorists were being held without "due process" (which they are not entitled as the U.S. Constitution is not an international document - it applies to Americans only and only with regards to the U.S. government... an American in China is at the mercy of the Chinese government and has no rights) while he was a Senator, Barack Obama had a fuck'n hissy fit.

Yet, he says he has the right to kill actual Americans without due process. He is one sick fuck'n animal and it is very clear that he has his daddy's deep hatred for this country and its people.

Obama has ordered the death of more Muslims than you ever dreamed about. I guess he ordered their deaths to throw you off track.:razz:

No.

You're staggeringly wrong, and every legal precedent is against you. It really is that simple.

While it may be that a resident alien's ultimate right to remain in the United States is subject to alteration by statute or authorized regulation because of a voyage undertaken by him to foreign ports, it does not follow that he is thereby deprived of his constitutional right to procedural due process. His status as a person within the meaning and protection of the Fifth Amendment cannot be capriciously taken from him.

The only "Rights" outlined in the Constitution that are limited to citizens are the Right to vote, and the Right to run for public office. The rest make no distinction about citizenship.

A quick glance at the Bill of Rights, and it's use of the word "person" not "citizen" would explain what I mean.

Ah - here we go again. The uneducated liberal pointing to the Supreme Court... :lmao:

I don't know how many times we have to say this, but I'll try once again:

Laws are made by the legislative branch - the Supreme Court is the judicial branch.

The Supreme Court does NOT make law. God almighty. Tomorrow, the Supreme Court could rule that it's ok to ass rape and then murder ignorant USMB posters, but that doesn't make it actually legal or right.

He has done no such thing.

Yes, I am.

I'm confident that no future President, Republican or Democrat, is going to start arbitrarily killing Americans with Predator drones.

Yeah, I thought so....
Oops.
Here's an idea, instead of desperately searching for excuses, why don't you denounce this awful action by Obama? It's amazing that you people are completely incapable of criticizing him no matter what he does.
You really don't get it, do you?

I criticize Obama all the time. I think he's a shitty President in nearly every way.

The fact that I'm not drinking your paranoid nonsense bongwater and getting "outraged" over nothing doesn't imply that I'm an Obama supporter. I'll save my outrage for actions, not words. If Obama actually started killing Americans with drones, then I'll worry about it.

The rights outlined in the Constitution are in no way limited to American citizens.

Yes they are, dipstick. American courts don't have jurisdiction overseas.

Try reading my post again.

American courts don't have jurisdiction overseas, but non-citizens have the same rights as citizens in places that are under the jurisdiction of American courts.

The rights outlined in the Constitution are in no way limited to American citizens.

Your statement is so ignorant, it defies logic.

The U.S. Constitution applies to Americans only. It is not an international document. It does not apply to Mexicans. Canadians do not have a "right to bear arms" (just ask them). Ask Iran if they recognize their citizens "U.S. Constitutional rights".

It is strictly a U.S. document which applies to U.S. citizens only. Period.

No.

Not quite, nitwit. Do Canadians have the right to vote in American elections? Do they have the right to a jury trial for violating our immigration laws? Since they can be deported for whatever reason we choose to deport them, they really have no rights whatsoever.

Ah - here we go again. The uneducated liberal pointing to the Supreme Court... :lmao:

I don't know how many times we have to say this, but I'll try once again:

Laws are made by the legislative branch - the Supreme Court is the judicial branch.

The Supreme Court does NOT make law. God almighty. Tomorrow, the Supreme Court could rule that it's ok to ass rape and then murder ignorant USMB posters, but that doesn't make it actually legal or right.

That doesn't come close to making any sense.

The Supreme Court doesn't "make law", they interpret the Constitution. They are the final word on what is or is not "Constitutional"

And for the last 200 years, they're "interpreted" the Constitution and Bill of Rights to apply to all "persons", not just citizens.

Forum List

Back