Liberals: Would you volunteer for enforcing a mass gun confiscation?

Making sure guns are not sold to criminals and crazies is not an unnecessary hoop

You would think gun owners would be happy to comply
And I could advocate that idiots shouldn't be allowed to vote unless they pass a test.
Both are undue burdens to consitutionaly protected rights

What is the burden of you getting a background check or carrying a license that shows you are not a wife beater, crazy or a criminal

You would think responsible gun owners would welcome it
What is the burden of carrying identification that you're a citizen and a certificate proving you know enough about civics to vote.
You would think that a patriot that wants a competent government would welcome such.

Competent federal government... Best joke I heard all day.

Again I challenge you to name a more competent one

Ready to run away again?

The federal governments track record...no mas

There will not be a national law banning guns because that would be unconstitutional

If that were true, then none of the existing gun control laws would exist either, since every last one of them is unconstitutional.

For that matter, the vast majority of the federal government would not exist, since the vast majority of what the federal government now does is well outside of the duties delegated thereto by the Constitution and authorized by the Tenth Amendment.

Liberals support gun control measures that comport with Second Amendment jurisprudence.

There is no such thing. The “interpretations” of corrupt judges notwithstanding, the Second Amendment absolutely forbids all gun control laws. Every public servant who has any willful part in enacting, enforcing, or upholding any gun control law is acting illegally, and ought to be regarded and treated as a serious criminal.

90 percent of Americans want expanded background checks on guns. Why isn’t this a political slam dunk?
90 percent of Americans want expanded background checks on guns. Why isn’t this a political slam dunk?

I lie will never become truth, no matter how often or how dramatically it is repeated.

If there was really anything close to 90% support for any gun control law, then there would be nothing to stop the Constitution from being amended as would be necessary to legitimately enact such a law. There is no credible effort underway to amend the Constitution to this end, because everyone who is in any position to initiate such an effort clearly understands that there is nowhere near the level of public support that it would take to give any such effort any plausible chance of success.

Agreed, gun control just does not work... Control is the key word.

We have the best government on the planet

If you disagree, I will challenge you to name a better one
We have the best government on the planet

If you disagree, I will challenge you to name a better one

I will let you vouch for the federal government I care not too... If they in any way followed the constitution that would be a different story.

About what I expected out of you

Now, go play in traffic

Sorry, I know the truth hurts... The numbers speak for themselves and can not lie.
Rustic, do you truly believe that if the Federal Government was coming to get you, that your supply of guns could stop their Drone strike on your house?

No, I believe the federal government is so screwed up there is no chance for recovery. There is not enough money in the world to pay debts and LIABILITYS. (20 trillion debt, 120 trillion plus LIABILITYS)

So we do not need to go off half cocked and striking down the few freedoms we have left.

I refuse to Obama worship
Republicans think government is bad. And when they are in charge, they make sure it's bad. Self fulfilling prophecy.

2 questions for libs.

1) If America passed an immediate mass gun round up to end shootings here once and for all...and asked for a volunteer "civilian defense force" to confiscate them....would YOU volunteer to confiscate guns??

2) If so....would you want a gun to protect yourself while doing so?

Bucs....Are you getting nervous because all of these mass shootings? Do you feel guilty bc of all these people getting killed? Are you getting scared because we are taking your arsenal away? Well you better beef up your fortress then Recalibrate SAM and your anti tank.

I think he was just making a point about what libs may want to try in the future, not advocating it himself.

And he's right. I could see libs trying to reclassify all semi autos as Class III....essentially creating a national gun registration.

Thanks bucs,

No good deed goes unpunished. Folks were jumping all over you for a poorly worded OP. I saw the discussion you were trying to drive and I tried to tighten it up a bit to help you out and further an intelligent conversation. What a stupid idea that was. Sometimes I forget this is USMB.

I will let you vouch for the federal government I care not too... If they in any way followed the constitution that would be a different story.

About what I expected out of you

Now, go play in traffic

Sorry, I know the truth hurts... The numbers speak for themselves and can not lie.
Rustic, do you truly believe that if the Federal Government was coming to get you, that your supply of guns could stop their Drone strike on your house?

No, I believe the federal government is so screwed up there is no chance for recovery. There is not enough money in the world to pay debts and LIABILITYS. (20 trillion debt, 120 trillion plus LIABILITYS)

So we do not need to go off half cocked and striking down the few freedoms we have left.

I refuse to Obama worship
Republicans think government is bad. And when they are in charge, they make sure it's bad. Self fulfilling prophecy.

Libertarian here... Sorry

Troll and troll

More name calling is that all you have?? Prove your point how the country is doing wonderfully and how gun control solves all that ails us...

Waiting for the hope and change in your wisdom... Of course without the name calling.

Your turn
We have the strongest economy on the planet, strongest military, strongest currency and the best government in history

On the decline...
By the way our so called wealth is paper money and IOU's on paper... You continue with your dilution.
Our kids and grandkids are going to pay the ultimate price.

Our military has the lowest morale in its history by far...
We don't build anything anymore... Because of taxes.

Continue on with your fairytale

The U.S. Economy is outperforming every economy on earth. Our currency is the gold standard

Tell me a single county you would rather live in

That is whole point I live here... Guns out number people 20, 40, 50 or more to one where I live.No gun violence in decades always been that way.
Only in urban areas of gun control talk and actions all the time is there repeated violence.

By the way Nixon got rid of the "gold standard" long ago... All we have paper, that being worthless.

How in the world you know people in your town own 20, 40 50 guns? Do they tell you that they have arsenals? Here in Key Biscayne where I live most of my entire life and my whole where crime is none existent. We despise people that supports NRA and politics that are puppets of NRA. Few have guns but there are no gun nuts. We have few guns but none existent crime. So what is your point?
Our dollar is the gold standard of the whole planet. When you go to grocery, buy guns, buy house. What currency do you use? Yuan? rubles?

So we completely ignore the "shall not be infringed" portion of the 2A?

Doesn't prevent law abiding citizens from owning guns or joining well regulated militias
Just requires them to jump through even more unnecessary hoops.

We suggest charging a dollar for in ID to vote and ya'll shit gold bricks with a pink stripe, calling it an unfair poll tax.
But you have no problem making gun owners pay for background checks, registration, and licensing

Making sure guns are not sold to criminals and crazies is not an unnecessary hoop

And I could advocate that idiots shouldn't be allowed to vote unless they pass a test.

What is the burden of you getting a background check or carrying a license that shows you are not a wife beater, crazy or a criminal

I think this is the primary reasons they are so scared with background check. I would like to add bad credits and delinquent child support.

Doesn't prevent law abiding citizens from owning guns or joining well regulated militias

We suggest charging a dollar for in ID to vote and ya'll shit gold bricks with a pink stripe, calling it an unfair poll tax.
But you have no problem making gun owners pay for background checks, registration, and licensing

Your playing smallball.... Background checks are already in place.

Your just being contrary and obtuse....

If background really exist on all gun transactions... Why in the world people like 2aguy and Buc heavily defending background?
You are not a survivalist, nor realistic but you are a lost soul.

Background checks already exist. The only way around it is a private sale....like a father selling his hunting rifle to his son. Wanna ban those? Go ahead. It won't change shit. Because you can buy a gun from anywhere in the ghetto regardless of a background check law.

So if a guy wants to shoot up a school....but can't pass a background check...what does he do? Buy one in the ghetto. Steal one. Borrow one. He'll find a way. They always do.

You libs want the mandatory background check law just to feel good. Like you "did something".

Bucs... I'm not here to question or insult your almighty knowledge about 2A and gun expertise. I just want to ask you some realistic question since you advocate more guns to counter violence. 1. If you have adult kids in the college you pack them with hand gun for defense. When there's shooting you get up and start firing. Correct?
2. When shooting start other kids will join the gun battle. Correct?
3. When shooting started there will be a massive panic. Next class room will join the gun battle. By that time so many kids shooting you may not be able to tell who is the shooter. Can you imagine how many other kids will die during this gun battle. Correct?
4. Armed professor or teacher. Do you expect these educators carrying gun on one hand and book in one while inside the class? When a murderer showed up at the door. Do you expect the killer to tell them im going to shoot you now.
5. Do you really expect when shooting start these educators will join the gun battle? Maybe they just run.
6. Do you expect these kids will join the gun battle?
7. Realistically I don't expect YOU or others here to join or even get involved in gun battle.
So how is more guns will solve these mass shootings?
Or. Maybe you can explain how is more guns will solve or stop these mass shootings.

Last edited:
2 questions for libs.

1) If America passed an immediate mass gun round up to end shootings here once and for all...and asked for a volunteer "civilian defense force" to confiscate them....would YOU volunteer to confiscate guns??

Won't happen....crying "wolf" again, aren't you?

More name calling is that all you have?? Prove your point how the country is doing wonderfully and how gun control solves all that ails us...

Waiting for the hope and change in your wisdom... Of course without the name calling.

Your turn
We have the strongest economy on the planet, strongest military, strongest currency and the best government in history

On the decline...
By the way our so called wealth is paper money and IOU's on paper... You continue with your dilution.
Our kids and grandkids are going to pay the ultimate price.

Our military has the lowest morale in its history by far...
We don't build anything anymore... Because of taxes.

Continue on with your fairytale

The U.S. Economy is outperforming every economy on earth. Our currency is the gold standard

Tell me a single county you would rather live in

That is whole point I live here... Guns out number people 20, 40, 50 or more to one where I live.No gun violence in decades always been that way.
Only in urban areas of gun control talk and actions all the time is there repeated violence.

By the way Nixon got rid of the "gold standard" long ago... All we have paper, that being worthless.

How in the world you know people in your town own 20, 40 50 guns? Do they tell you that they have arsenals? Here in Key Biscayne where I live most of my entire life and my whole where crime is none existent. We despise people that supports NRA and politics that are puppets of NRA. Few have guns but there are no gun nuts. We have few guns but none existent crime. So what is your point?
Our dollar is the gold standard of the whole planet. When you go to grocery, buy guns, buy house. What currency do you use? Yuan? rubles?

I have over a 120 myself anyway, I was talking about the whole northern plains region.
The dollar is just printed paper... Count on it at your peril.

The NRA are harmless... Just another organization.

Go back to your Obama worship...

Your playing smallball.... Background checks are already in place.

Your just being contrary and obtuse....

If background really exist on all gun transactions... Why in the world people like 2aguy and Buc heavily defending background?
You are not a survivalist, nor realistic but you are a lost soul.

Background checks are the law of the land... I have to fill one out every time I buy a firearm
Although they are a waste of time and money.

Background checks already exist. The only way around it is a private sale....like a father selling his hunting rifle to his son. Wanna ban those? Go ahead. It won't change shit. Because you can buy a gun from anywhere in the ghetto regardless of a background check law.

So if a guy wants to shoot up a school....but can't pass a background check...what does he do? Buy one in the ghetto. Steal one. Borrow one. He'll find a way. They always do.

You libs want the mandatory background check law just to feel good. Like you "did something".

Bucs... I'm not here to question or insult your almighty knowledge about 2A and gun expertise. I just want to ask you some realistic question since you advocate more guns to counter violence. 1. If you have adult kids in the college you pack them with hand gun for defense. When there's shooting you get up and start firing. Correct?
2. When shooting start other kids will join the gun battle. Correct?
3. When shooting started there will be a massive panic. Next class room will join the gun battle. By that time so many kids shooting you may not be able to tell who is the shooter. Can you imagine how many other kids will die during this gun battle. Correct?
4. Armed professor or teacher. Do you expect these educators carrying gun on one hand and book in one while inside the class? When a murderer showed up at the door. Do you expect the killer to tell them im going to shoot you now.
5. Do you really expect when shooting start these educators will join the gun battle? Maybe they just run.
6. Do you expect these kids will join the gun battle?
7. Realistically I don't expect YOU or others here to join or even get involved in gun battle.
So how is more guns will solve these mass shootings?
Or. Maybe you can explain how is more guns will solve or stop these mass shootings.

I just soon protect myself with something unlike that poor guy getting seven times and broke both of his legs... He was just a sitting duck that being unarmed.

Universal background checks = meaningless hyperbole

Last edited:
2 questions for libs.

LOL! Absent Anti-Americans, thus 'liberals'... there could be no such confiscation.

But... even if there was, as with every other Leftist policy the result would be the opposite of the promised 'end to shootings'.

It would however cull the most offensive cultists from the herd.

Forum List

Back