Libertarianism

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are more involved in bombing campaigns today than we have ever been. Even now, with Iraq closing, bombs are dropped EVERY SINGLE DAY around the clock with no breaks.

The bombings have nothing to do with us!

All the bombings are Iraqi vs Iraqi. Everyone knew this would happen, and here it is, that's all.

Arabs love bombing each other. Hey, let them alone to enjoy themselves. It has nothing whatsoever to do with us.

Arabs LIKE killing each other: Libya, Syria, Egypt, Iraq ---- the more they kill each other, the better for the West, so no problem. And we don't have to feel guilty: we aren't doing it, they are.

If we get involved, it's on us and far, far more get killed, because we are good at killing masses of people. If it's only them bombing and shooting each other, it's not our fault and I'd say that's the moral higher position.

1.3 Personal Relationships

Sexual orientation, preference, gender, or gender identity should have no impact on the government's treatment of individuals, such as in current marriage, child custody, adoption, immigration or military service laws. Government does not have the authority to define, license or restrict personal relationships. Consenting adults should be free to choose their own sexual practices and personal relationships.
they are pro homosexual marriage

2.2 Environment

We support a clean and healthy environment and sensible use of our natural resources. Private landowners and conservation groups have a vested interest in maintaining natural resources. Pollution and misuse of resources cause damage to our ecosystem. Governments, unlike private businesses, are unaccountable for such damage done to our environment and have a terrible track record when it comes to environmental protection. Protecting the environment requires a clear definition and enforcement of individual rights in resources like land, water, air, and wildlife. Free markets and property rights stimulate the technological innovations and behavioral changes required to protect our environment and ecosystems. We realize that our planet's climate is constantly changing, but environmental advocates and social pressure are the most effective means of changing public behavior.
They also believe climate change is man made.

They are not conservatives.....

Sexual orientation, preference, gender, or gender identity should have no impact on the government's treatment of individuals, such as in current marriage, child custody, adoption, immigration or military service laws. Government does not have the authority to define, license or restrict personal relationships. Consenting adults should be free to choose their own sexual practices and personal relationships.

2.2 Environment

We support a clean and healthy environment and sensible use of our natural resources. Private landowners and conservation groups have a vested interest in maintaining natural resources. Pollution and misuse of resources cause damage to our ecosystem. Governments, unlike private businesses, are unaccountable for such damage done to our environment and have a terrible track record when it comes to environmental protection. Protecting the environment requires a clear definition and enforcement of individual rights in resources like land, water, air, and wildlife. Free markets and property rights stimulate the technological innovations and behavioral changes required to protect our environment and ecosystems. We realize that our planet's climate is constantly changing, but environmental advocates and social pressure are the most effective means of changing public behavior.

I don't see what you are seeing. Both passages of text seem to me to take an agnostic view: this stuff is not for the state to make laws on. It's for people to do whatever suits them.

Of course the climate is constantly changing: Earth used to have twice the CO2 we have now, and somewhat later, had mountains of ice covering much of the planet! To say that change occurs is not to say they believe in the silly "global warming" idea that is dying an ignominious death, but to say that it's not an issue to plaster with laws because somebody thinks this way or that way this week.

2.2 Environment

I don't see what you are seeing. Both passages of text seem to me to take an agnostic view: this stuff is not for the state to make laws on. It's for people to do whatever suits them.

Of course the climate is constantly changing: Earth used to have twice the CO2 we have now, and somewhat later, had mountains of ice covering much of the planet! To say that change occurs is not to say they believe in the silly "global warming" idea that is dying an ignominious death, but to say that it's not an issue to plaster with laws because somebody thinks this way or that way this week.

Why do you think religion has anything to do with conservatism?

I'm fine with setting abortion aside. It's a tedious issue even w/o arguing the libertarian vent on it.

Thats because it is the same as the progressives bent on it except they dont want tax payers to pay for it.... They still support dead babies.

I don't think you've quite got the concept of libertarianism, thanatos.

I'm a novice at it, but even I don't think libertarianism is about whether you support this law or that law........

It's about something else.

I am hoping to find libertarianism good for both sexes, not just for men and their guns. But I have been somewhat disillusioned by this thread, and how many so-called "libertarians" are in favor of stomping state laws all over women's bodies.

Why? Has even one single libertarian actually advocated for taking away abortion rights here?

I have been discussing how this has essentially nothing to do with actual libertarian philosophy and that abortion limitations are not inherently against pro-life positions. That does not detract from the basic fact that the vast majority of libertarians are pro-choice. Even many that find the practice particularly barbaric, libertarians have a distaste for government and that leads them to usually want it out of almost anything.

I'm fine with setting abortion aside. It's a tedious issue even w/o arguing the libertarian vent on it.

Thats because it is the same as the progressives bent on it except they dont want tax payers to pay for it.... They still support dead babies.

I don't think you've quite got the concept of libertarianism, thanatos.

I'm a novice at it, but even I don't think libertarianism is about whether you support this law or that law........

It's about something else.
First I got that from the party platform. Second if they want to act conservative they should have conservative values.

We are more involved in bombing campaigns today than we have ever been. Even now, with Iraq closing, bombs are dropped EVERY SINGLE DAY around the clock with no breaks.

All the bombings are Iraqi vs Iraqi. Everyone knew this would happen, and here it is, that's all.

Arabs love bombing each other. Hey, let them alone to enjoy themselves. It has nothing whatsoever to do with us.

Arabs LIKE killing each other: Libya, Syria, Egypt, Iraq ---- the more they kill each other, the better for the West, so no problem. And we don't have to feel guilty: we aren't doing it, they are.

If we get involved, it's on us and far, far more get killed, because we are good at killing masses of people. If it's only them bombing and shooting each other, it's not our fault and I'd say that's the moral higher position.

Sorry Circe but you are flat out wrong. We launch dozens of aircraft daily to drop bombs.

Sorry Circe but you are flat out wrong. We launch dozens of aircraft daily to drop bombs.

You must be strong to stay here in this evil country while those solders go out there are murder people to keep you safe....Er I mean enslaved right?

You must be strong to stay here in this evil country while those solders go out there are murder people to keep you safe....Er I mean enslaved right?

What does us murdering people abroad have to do with staying in this country? That's reducio absurdum.

Second if they want to act conservative they should have conservative values.

Why would they want to do that?

Because they keep trying to become republicans even though they are pro confederates . They should go back to the democrat party.

Heh... Maybe. With the phony 'two-party' system, many libertarians have concluded that the only way to advance the cause will be to take over one of the existing major parties. Seems reasonable to target the one that's floundering because its values no longer adequately represent the electorate.

What does us murdering people abroad have to do with staying in this country? That's reducio absurdum.

What is absurd is hypocritical bullshit he is spouting of the evils of this country while sucking up the freedoms those perceived evil afforded him. Like spoiled children who demand it all but never want to work for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back