Libs: correct spelling is racist and bullying

Little note for the students who claim that counting off for spelling and grammar are racist:

If you're too stupid to utilize spell and grammar check, you're too stupid to be in college. Go home and quit wasting your parents' money.

It made almost as little sense as you agreeing with monmouth about this not being a race issue even though the students said it was.

All you do lately, on any thread, is say that people are stupid, and then lie about what they supposedly said.

You never did have ethics or intelligence, but at least you made an effort to conceal that before. What changed recently, to bring the nasty gutless partisan side of your personality to the forefront?

---- "lately"?

:lmao:

I wonder, what were liberals doing in 2008? "You just hate Obama because he's black! Racist!"

Who said that, TK?

Obama himself, Pogo. It was a rather effective campaign strategy.

"John McCain right now, he’s spending an awful lot of time talking about me," Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., said today in Rolla, Mo. "You notice that? I haven’t seen an ad yet where he talks about what he’s gonna do. And the reason is because those folks know they don’t have any good answers, they know they’ve had their turn over the last eight years and made a mess of things. They know that you’re not real happy with them."

Obama continued: "And so the only way they figure they’re going to win this election is if they make you scared of me. So what they’re saying is, ‘Well, we know we’re not very good but you can’t risk electing Obama. You know, he’s new, he’s… doesn’t look like the other presidents on the currency, you know, he’s got a, he’s got a funny name.’

"I mean, that’s basically the argument — he’s too risky," Obama said, per ABC News’ Sunlen Miller. "But think about it, what’s the bigger risk? Us deciding that we’re going to come together to bring about real change in America or continuing to do same things with the same folks in the same ways that we know have not worked? I mean, are we really going to do the same stuff that we’ve been doing over the last eight years? … That’s a risk we cannot afford. The stakes are too high."

Did Obama Accuse McCain of Running a Racist, Xenophobic Campaign? - ABC News

TK, does it bother you at all that your racism-bait line doesn't appear in that quote at all?

Or did you think I wasn't going to read it?

Interesting that McCain would be connected -- he was himself the victim of a racist campaign where South Carolina voters were robo-called with a fake poll (push poll) posing the question, "would you be more or less likely to vote for McCain if you knew he had fathered a black child?" (a reference to his adopted daughter, who is Bangladeshi).

Know whose campaign made those calls?

Last edited:
Little note for the students who claim that counting off for spelling and grammar are racist:

If you're too stupid to utilize spell and grammar check, you're too stupid to be in college. Go home and quit wasting your parents' money.

Let's face it, if you're depending on spell check/grammar check, you don't know what you're doing in the first place.

It made almost as little sense as you agreeing with monmouth about this not being a race issue even though the students said it was.

All you do lately, on any thread, is say that people are stupid, and then lie about what they supposedly said.

You never did have ethics or intelligence, but at least you made an effort to conceal that before. What changed recently, to bring the nasty gutless partisan side of your personality to the forefront?

This is from the same stupid guy that didn't even read the story to see that the students were claiming that grading on grammar and spelling is racist.

---- "lately"?

I used to call people assholes, but stupid seems more appropriate, even if it makes some people think I am a racist.

Who said that, TK?

"John McCain right now, he’s spending an awful lot of time talking about me," Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., said today in Rolla, Mo. "You notice that? I haven’t seen an ad yet where he talks about what he’s gonna do. And the reason is because those folks know they don’t have any good answers, they know they’ve had their turn over the last eight years and made a mess of things. They know that you’re not real happy with them."

Obama continued: "And so the only way they figure they’re going to win this election is if they make you scared of me. So what they’re saying is, ‘Well, we know we’re not very good but you can’t risk electing Obama. You know, he’s new, he’s… doesn’t look like the other presidents on the currency, you know, he’s got a, he’s got a funny name.’

"I mean, that’s basically the argument — he’s too risky," Obama said, per ABC News’ Sunlen Miller. "But think about it, what’s the bigger risk? Us deciding that we’re going to come together to bring about real change in America or continuing to do same things with the same folks in the same ways that we know have not worked? I mean, are we really going to do the same stuff that we’ve been doing over the last eight years? … That’s a risk we cannot afford. The stakes are too high."

TK, does it bother you at all that your racism-bait line doesn't appear in that quote at all?

Interesting that McCain would be connected -- he was himself the victim of a racist campaign where South Carolina voters were robo-called with a fake poll (push poll) posing the question, "would you be more or less likely to vote for McCain if you knew he had fathered a black child?" (a reference to his adopted daughter, who is Bangladeshi).

You claim you read it, and then demonstrate that you didn't.

Let's face it, if you're depending on spell check/grammar check, you don't know what you're doing in the first place.
Very true. Yet every one of those students has access to a PC...their own, or the school's.

No excuse for turning in bad spelling and grammar.

I pride myself on correct spelling and grammar. Liberals? "Oh, ain't nobody got time for that, it's racist."

Excuse me?!

Hey, the liberal students in article said it, not me. I'm sorry if I've offended you or anyone else, and It's good to see that there are those who do. But seriously though, why must race be inserted into everything? For pete's sake, "micro-aggression"? "Toxic racial climate"? These students really need to take their lumps like the rest of the class. If they fail, it isn't because their professor is racist or toxic, it's because they failed on their own demerits. That's all I'll say on the subject.

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Who said that, TK?

You know what being tacit means? That's what Obama was being when he accused McCain of being racist. And what "bait line" are you referring to, exactly? You mean the title? Take that up with ABC, not me. You replied with a red herring. You used that red herring to cover for the fact that you failed to read the article.

Last edited:
I pride myself on correct spelling and grammar. Liberals? "Oh, ain't nobody got time for that, it's racist."

Excuse me?!

Hey, the liberal students in article said it, not me. I'm sorry if I've offended you or anyone else, and It's good to see that there are those who do. But seriously though, why must race be inserted into everything? For pete's sake, "micro-aggression"? "Toxic racial climate"? These students really need to take their lumps like the rest of the class. If they fail, it isn't because their professor is racist or toxic, it's because they failed on their own demerits. That's all I'll say on the subject.

Bullshit.

Excuse me?!

Bullshit.

I am going to vacate this thread to avoid any further confrontation. But I will leave these here, from the article:

Student demonstrators alleged that there is a “toxic” racial climate in the graduate school, including in Rust’s classroom. Organizers told the Daily Bruin last week that they decided to host the demonstration after a recent report examining racial discrimination among the university’s faculty stated that UCLA’s policies and procedures do not sufficiently address racially motivated instances of discrimination.

In a letter sent to colleagues in the department after the sit-in, Rust said students in the demonstration described grammar and spelling corrections he made on their dissertation proposals as a form of "micro-aggression."

Students defend professor after sit-in over racial climate | Daily Bruin

About 25 graduate students staged a sit-in in a Moore Hall classroom Thursday afternoon, in response to a recent investigative report which stated that UCLA’s policies and procedures do not sufficiently address racial discrimination incidents among faculty members.

The protest took place during a graduate class, where students participated in a mock oral examination, said Professor Val Rust, who led the class.

Nora Cisneros, a graduate student, read a letter written collectively by several students, which described the class – and the graduate school as a whole – as being an unsafe climate for students of color.

“There are documented and undocumented stories of a hostile and toxic environment for students of color here in Moore Hall and throughout the campus,” she said, reading from the letter.

UCLA grad students stage sit-in following recent discrimination report | Daily Bruin

“Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.”

-Saul Alinsky

Last edited:
Isn't math just as racist. If a minority says 2+2 equals 7, isn't it racist to correct them. Apply that to chemistry, isn't it really racist to say that two chemicals can be combined to create an explosives if a minority says it can't. We have freedom in this country and accurate is anything a minority says it is.

-Saul Alinsky

Heaping more praise on your mentor, we see.

Which of his rules for radicals is your particular favorite? That is, which one do you rely on most heavily?

:lmao: It's always funny when progressives try to claim Alinsky is a conservative icon. It's like saying "water is dry" and "things fall up".

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

-Saul Alinsky

Which of his rules for radicals is your particular favorite? That is, which one do you rely on most heavily?

Whaaat?!

Do you know who he is? He is the perfect antithesis to my ideologies and beliefs. Do you just spew out knee jerk responses to hear and see your lips move? I don't resort to intimidation tactics as prescribed by this madman.

-Saul Alinsky

Whaaat?!

Do you know who he is? He is the perfect antithesis to my ideologies and beliefs. Do you just spew out knee jerk responses to hear and see your lips move? I don't resort to intimidation tactics as prescribed by this madman.
Mammy has only one schtick: Claiming that everything bad about progressivism really belongs to conservatives. It's vapid, transparent, and not at all credible.

But it is funny. :lol:

Whaaat?!

Mammy has only one schtick: Claiming that everything bad about progressivism really belongs to conservatives. It's vapid, transparent, and not at all credible.

But it is funny. :lol:

LOL.

:lmao:

I think that was Limbaugh's, actually. I'll have to do some digging. But I know somebody was wearing it as a sig for awhile there. "Accuse them of what you yourself are guilty of." Muddy the waters as best you can.

Forum List

Back