Lieberman Reveals True Colors on Health Care: It's About Revenge

kissyface-bitter1.jjg.jpg

His days are numbered anyways.....

God I hope you're right. Eventually, I hope they strip him of everything. Connecticut must be so proud of their son. Deputy dog needs to just go away.

So Lieberman is now opposing the health care bill, even after changes were made to bring it closer in line with his position:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/14/health/policy/14health.html?_r=1

And guess what? For all the claims by Lieberman now that the Medicare buy-in is so crazy and radically left-wing, he ran for Vice President on a platform which proposed exactly this idea. So maybe his views have changed in the last eight years, you could say. That could be possible, except for that fact that he was touting this very idea three months ago.

Lieberman Endorsed Medicare Buy-In In September | The New Republic

Face it. Lieberman isn't interested in a better bill. He's throwing a little fit because he lost the primary in 2006 due to grassroots opposition from the left and he feels this is his best chance to get revenge.

Lieberman is an opportunist. He's smart but it's all about him. I hope they do get some moderate Republicans for healthcare just to shut him up for awhile.

He's such an attention whore.

Maybe just maybe could it be that he sees this bill as it is - AN ABOMINATION!

People want healthcare reform. Heck Lieberman does, but not this type of reform!

Lieberman an opportunist? He supported the war, when supporting the war was at its lowest point. It cost him the Democratic primary. An opportunist? You do know that he is now an independent! There are only 2 independents in the entire Congress. Standing up for what you believe in when it very very unpopular is not what opportunist do.

Liebermann does not want reform. He and his wife are paid by the insurance companies. Why would he go against his bread and butter.

Basically, are you crazy? Three months ago he was for it, now, not so much? He changed his mind six times as to why he is against it so far and each week, its something new.

Dude, its all about how much he is paid off by insurance companies. He sucks.

Regardless, it appears the Democrats have caved on the Medicare expansion tonight. No public option and no Medicare dressed up like a public option. Probably can't sneak abortion into the plan. Rationing of one form or another is in there several times. No one can define what affordable in terms of premiums and coverages. Obama expects Democrats in close districts to stick their necks out for this? Those that might will want some big favors and right now. Best thing the Dems can do is blame this on Obama's leadership and walk away.

Lieberman is an opportunist. He's smart but it's all about him. I hope they do get some moderate Republicans for healthcare just to shut him up for awhile.

He's such an attention whore.

Maybe just maybe could it be that he sees this bill as it is - AN ABOMINATION!

People want healthcare reform. Heck Lieberman does, but not this type of reform!

If that was the case, why was the exact provision he criticized yesterday something he was promoting three months ago?

He is critizing now the idea of dropping medicare to 55! He correctly points out that medicare at age 65 is bankrupt and now your adding more people to the program. Not to mention the bill cuts major funds to medicare. Many old farts rely on medicare and Lieberman recognizes this. This bill is an abomination (despite its good intentions).

An opportunist will toss everyone aside for personal gain.

(1) Lieberman's support of the War:
Result - It caused him to lose the Democratic Primary in a Liberal area, lose VAST amounts of campaign contribution and be disowned by his own party.

(2) Justiably Filibusters the Abomination Medical Bill:
Result - Further isolation from the party he caucusses with, less campaign contributions and the latest polls show he would lose in a landslide if reelections where held today.

The 2 incidents Libtards point to as proof of Lieberman being an opportunist where HIGHLY detrimental to Lieberman personally and professionally. Not self-serving acts. Again, who you crappin?

Salon.com | Why does Joe Lieberman oppose healthcare reform? Ask his wife

Why does Joe Lieberman oppose healthcare reform? Ask his wife

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Both Lieberman and Evan Bayh have spouses who have profited from the healthcare industry [/FONT]
By Joe Conason
[FONT=times new roman, times, serif]
Oct. 30, 2009 | If Democrats are disappointed by Joe Lieberman’s threat to filibuster any healthcare reform bill that includes a public option, they shouldn't be. Despite all of his past promises to support universal healthcare, nothing was more predictable than the Connecticut senator's fealty to the insurance and pharmaceutical lobbyists.

Much the same can be said of Sen. Evan Bayh, who emerged from hiding on healthcare to announce that he too plans to filibuster against reform with the Republicans, regardless of what his constituents and Americans in general plainly want. Like Lieberman, his state is home to powerful corporations that want reform killed -- and like Lieberman, his wife has brought home very big paychecks from those same interests. . (UPDATE: A report published in a South Bend paper Thursday night says Bayh may now support a floor debate.)

The Lieberman family's financial ties to the health industry are no secret, yet their full extent remains unknown. During her husband's 2006 reelection campaign, Hadassah Lieberman's employment as a "senior counselor" to Hill & Knowlton, one of the world’s biggest lobbying firms, briefly erupted as an issue, especially because the clients she served were in the controversial pharmaceutical and insurance sectors. Exactly what she did for those clients has never been disclosed.

At the time she joined the public relations and lobbying conglomerate in the spring of 2005, she expressed the touching hope that she would somehow be able to help those in need. "I have had a lifelong commitment to helping people gain better healthcare," she said in a press release. "I am excited about the opportunity to work with the talented team at Hill & Knowlton to counsel a terrific stable of clients toward that same goal." Less than a year later, having pocketed $77,000 in salary, she quit without explanation -- just as her husband was facing a tough primary that he would eventually lose. Throughout the campaign, Hadassah Lieberman, her husband and their spokespersons explicitly refused to discuss her professional activities, except to note that she had not been required to register as a lobbyist.
[/FONT]

it's the cash too!

kissyface-whore.jpg

So really it's about the money first then it's about his petty political payback.

So Lieberman is now opposing the health care bill, even after changes were made to bring it closer in line with his position:

And guess what? For all the claims by Lieberman now that the Medicare buy-in is so crazy and radically left-wing, he ran for Vice President on a platform which proposed exactly this idea. So maybe his views have changed in the last eight years, you could say. That could be possible, except for that fact that he was touting this very idea three months ago.

Face it. Lieberman isn't interested in a better bill. He's throwing a little fit because he lost the primary in 2006 due to grassroots opposition from the left and he feels this is his best chance to get revenge.

I completely agree. That man is only interested in himself. When I see his face on tv, I have to turn the station because I can feel my blood pressure start to rise. I just cannot stand him. He's a traitor.

LIEberman shouldn't have a committee chair of any kind, he's an independent. He should be getting Bernie Sander's lunch for him and organizing his closets.

I despise Joe, always have.

I completely agree. That man is only interested in himself. When I see his face on tv, I have to turn the station because I can feel my blood pressure start to rise. I just cannot stand him. He's a traitor.

The list grows. I have the same reaction to Reid, Pelosi, Lieberman and depending on the day...Obama and McCain.

Connecticut is the insurance capital of America.

So naturally, Lieberman will do his master's bidding.

What a douchebag!

I've made my opnion known in another thread on Sen. Lieberman, however I did happen to read that Sen, Bernie Sanders vote on the bill is not a given as well. I can understand though if I were a democrat where Sen, Lieberman would be frustrating based on his previous comments. Heck, I'm aRepublican and you think I'm supportive of the man? we have the same issue with him one moment he speaks at the GOP convention and then at the next moment he flip flops on issues. So as a Republican you have my sympathies.

"But Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) ... said he could not vote for the bill 'as of this point.'

"'As of this moment. I am going to do my best to make this bill a better bill, a bill that I can vote for but I’ve indicated both to the White House and the Democratic leadership that my vote is not secure at this point,' Sanders told Fox Business Network’s Neil Cavuto."

Politics Today: Ben Nelson Holds Up Health Bill - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

I don't give a damn what they have to do or who does it. This trillion dollar experiment has to be stopped. If it passes, there will be a revolution. Real Americans will take to the streets. Good luck on those mid-terms liberal dipshits.

Connecticut is the insurance capital of America.

So naturally, Lieberman will do his master's bidding.

What a douchebag!

LOL, doing your masters bidding only works if get reelected! His stance has made him a 20 point underdog at the moment!

Forum List

Back