🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Like A Third World Country

Desalinization plants aren't that expensive, I don't understand why we don't just start building lots of them and solve the water problem permanently. Water bills are nothing. It wouldn't even double them. A whole hell of a lot less than the water bottles people keep buyying
Desalinization plants are not cheap and they do consume a lot of energy. They are not feasible in a large scale.

Nation s largest ocean desalination plant goes up near San Diego Future of the California coast - San Jose Mercury News
Thanks for providing evidence of your own stupidity:

HIGH COST

Almost every discussion about desalination begins and ends with cost.

Desalinated water typically costs about $2,000 an acre foot -- roughly the amount of water a family of five uses in a year. The cost is about double that of water obtained from building a new reservoir or recycling wastewater, according to a 2013 study from the state Department of Water Resources.

And its price tag is at least four times the cost of obtaining "new water" from conservation methods -- such as paying farmers to install drip irrigation, or providing rebates for homeowners to rip out lawns or buy water-efficient toilets.

I said water was no more than double, dumb ass. You didn't contradict me.

Seriously, you think double what we pay for water is expensive? Really? Water is so cheap and we have endless issues. You wouldn't pay double to end the whole thing? No more water rationing? No more save the water campaigns? You seriously should have worked harder in school if the cost of water is that big a concern to you. I pay like $80 a month for water, sewer and trash for a family of 4 in a subdivision where I'm endlessly watering the stupid yard in North Carolina. To end all the crap I wold pay $160 in a heart beat. And that would be doubling my sewer and trash too. That would affect my life zero.

Its been detailed many times how politicians have made this worse... Try to keep up.
Dry Wells Plague California as Drought Has Water Tables Plunging

488x-1.jpg

A tractor kicks up dust in Los Banos, California.

Near California’s Success Lake, more than 1,000 water wells have failed. Farmers are spending $750,000 to drill 1,800 feet down to keep fields from going fallow. Makeshift showers have sprouted near the church parking lot.

“The conditions are like a third-world country,” said Andrew Lockman, a manager at the Office of Emergency Services in Tulare County, in the heart of the state’s agricultural Central Valley about 175 miles (282 kilometers) north of Los Angeles.

As California enters the fourth year of a record drought, its residents and $43 billion agriculture industry have drawn groundwater so low that it’s beyond the reach of existing wells. That’s left thousands with dry taps and pushed farmers to dig deeper as Governor Jerry Brown, a 77-year-old Democrat, orders the first mandatory water rationing in state history.

Edge:

All of this was foreseeable and preventable. ALL of it.

But dimocraps got in the way. I won't go into minute detail. Wouldn't do a lot of good. dimocraps would just start lying about it and I'm in no mood to swat down dimocrap lies all day.

Hint: First lie will be "Global Warming!!"

But you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to notice that everything, I mean EVERYTHING, they take charge of, every City, every State, every program from the War on Poverty to the CRA to Unions to Education to Alternative Energy boondoggles (and outright theft).....

Everything they touch -- Everything. Turns to shit.

lol, you can blame the Democrats but can't say how.

classic.
Alrdy have.....posted another link in this thread.....

Which were debunked last week in another drought thread.
Rrrrriiighhtttt.......cause they aren't pouring water needlessly into the bay and don't have any ethanol plants.

Its been detailed many times how politicians have made this worse... Try to keep up.

488x-1.jpg

Near California’s Success Lake, more than 1,000 water wells have failed. Farmers are spending $750,000 to drill 1,800 feet down to keep fields from going fallow. Makeshift showers have sprouted near the church parking lot.

“The conditions are like a third-world country,” said Andrew Lockman, a manager at the Office of Emergency Services in Tulare County, in the heart of the state’s agricultural Central Valley about 175 miles (282 kilometers) north of Los Angeles.

As California enters the fourth year of a record drought, its residents and $43 billion agriculture industry have drawn groundwater so low that it’s beyond the reach of existing wells. That’s left thousands with dry taps and pushed farmers to dig deeper as Governor Jerry Brown, a 77-year-old Democrat, orders the first mandatory water rationing in state history.

Edge:

But dimocraps got in the way. I won't go into minute detail. Wouldn't do a lot of good. dimocraps would just start lying about it and I'm in no mood to swat down dimocrap lies all day.

But you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to notice that everything, I mean EVERYTHING, they take charge of, every City, every State, every program from the War on Poverty to the CRA to Unions to Education to Alternative Energy boondoggles (and outright theft).....

classic.

Rrrrriiighhtttt.......cause they aren't pouring water needlessly into the bay and don't have any ethanol plants.

Believe anything that makes you feel good.

The water you desalinate gets used, evaporates and rains back on the earth. It doesn't change the salt content of the oceans

You need to head on out to Cali and straighten out those water people there. Seems you know something they don't.

No, they know what I know

Nation s largest ocean desalination plant goes up near San Diego Future of the California coast - San Jose Mercury News
It IS interesting that I live just inland from Carlsbad and have heard nothing of this plant.

Why is that "interesting?"

The water you desalinate gets used, evaporates and rains back on the earth. It doesn't change the salt content of the oceans

You need to head on out to Cali and straighten out those water people there. Seems you know something they don't.

It IS interesting that I live just inland from Carlsbad and have heard nothing of this plant.

That's just typical of the people who lives in Carlsbad. lol
I lived up the road in Oceanside for a couple years

I lived way up the road in San Jose for a while

488x-1.jpg

Edge:

classic.

Believe anything that makes you feel good.

So that works for you?

when I came back after being gone awhile. I lived way up in GrassValley, Nevada city...loved it

when I came back after being gone awhile. I lived way up in GrassValley, Nevada city...loved it

When I lived in The Valley, I went to Tahoe and we went to Reno, that was the closest I've been to there. I have a buddy who moved from Oakland to Carson City, he really loves it there

When I lived in The Valley, I went to Tahoe and we went to Reno, that was the closest I've been to there. I have a buddy who moved from Oakland to Carson City, he really loves it there

That's why some of the people on here acts like nobody else knows about California unless they are there now. But what Moonbeam and his environmentalist/cohorts has done to that state should be a CRIME. not only with the water situation but with the Illegal immigrants.

Forum List

Back