🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Like A Third World Country

Dry Wells Plague California as Drought Has Water Tables Plunging

488x-1.jpg

A tractor kicks up dust in Los Banos, California.

Near California’s Success Lake, more than 1,000 water wells have failed. Farmers are spending $750,000 to drill 1,800 feet down to keep fields from going fallow. Makeshift showers have sprouted near the church parking lot.

“The conditions are like a third-world country,” said Andrew Lockman, a manager at the Office of Emergency Services in Tulare County, in the heart of the state’s agricultural Central Valley about 175 miles (282 kilometers) north of Los Angeles.

As California enters the fourth year of a record drought, its residents and $43 billion agriculture industry have drawn groundwater so low that it’s beyond the reach of existing wells. That’s left thousands with dry taps and pushed farmers to dig deeper as Governor Jerry Brown, a 77-year-old Democrat, orders the first mandatory water rationing in state history.

Edge:

All of this was foreseeable and preventable. ALL of it.

But dimocraps got in the way. I won't go into minute detail. Wouldn't do a lot of good. dimocraps would just start lying about it and I'm in no mood to swat down dimocrap lies all day.

Hint: First lie will be "Global Warming!!"

But you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to notice that everything, I mean EVERYTHING, they take charge of, every City, every State, every program from the War on Poverty to the CRA to Unions to Education to Alternative Energy boondoggles (and outright theft).....

Everything they touch -- Everything. Turns to shit.
Droughts are nothing more than "mother nature". Floods are nothing more than "mother nature". Earthquakes are nothing more than "mother nature". Tornados are nothing more than "mother nature". So, exactly how can a political party be blamed? Can anyone be blamed? Are bright sunny days the fault of politicians? Who are you going to blame for the next big earthquake in California?

BS, IT CAN be the fault of a political party.... this is being hindered by THEIR GOVERNMENT in control of that state. they care more about a one inch FISH and seeing the land revert back to what it was. they've stop building dams to help with water and their government has allowed that state to go into third world status
Ok then. Please explain to me exactly how a party can cause a drought, if you don't mind. Not taking steps to prevent a water shortage is way different from causing a drought. Yes, steps can be taken to better use and distribute water supplies, but no steps can be taken to prevent droughts. Do you disagree? If so, then explain exactly how a party can prevent droughts, if you don't mind. Thanks.

Ok then. Please explain to me exactly how a party can cause a drought, if you don't mind. Not taking steps to prevent a water shortage is way different from causing a drought. Yes, steps can be taken to better use and distribute water supplies, but no steps can be taken to prevent droughts. Do you disagree? If so, then explain exactly how a party can prevent droughts, if you don't mind. Thanks.

You really are one stupid bitch......

Nobody is saying that we can prevent droughts.

But what we can do is prepare for them.

We can't prevent cold weather but we can put heatrs in our houses.

We can't prevent floods but we can change sheet runoff and build only in areas that are less prone ot floods.

We can't prevent snow from falling but we can clear the roads.

We can't prevent Droughts but we can't prepare for them by building more reservoirs and prioritizing water usage (i.e. Not putting the FUCKING SNAIL DARTER AHEAD OF GROWING FOOD)

You really are stupid. I thought for quite a while that you were just being deliberately obtuse but the truth is --

You are one stupid bitch

When the salinity gets to high it kills fish and makes a dead zone. There's no way you could dump it all in the same place without liberals going nuts.

Doesn't speak well of Republicans who say they care about the environment but don;t give a fuck about the dead zones created in the ocean from the discharge of high salinity waste water created during reverse osmosis.

The fishees thank the liberals for thinking of them. I'm glad the liberals forced that to be taken into account in the design phase. And I don't even live on the ocean.

But I already understand there are huge floating islands of plastic bottles in the ocean (ain't that nice) and now we are going to increase the number and size of the "dead zones" in the oceans. (great enhancement). The ocean can be treated as a big cess pool. But not forever.

Glad to know the Republicans don't give a fuck. More of the Republican hypocrisy. Sure we care about the environment. heehee.

Oh STFU you sanctimonious asshole.
Whens the last time you did a beach cleanup? How much money to you give to the CCA every year? How unrepublican of me.......
I simply stated a fact,liberal activist would have a shit fit. You want to turn into something else knock yourself out.

We can't prevent floods but we can change sheet runoff and build only in areas that are less prone ot floods.

We can't prevent Droughts but we can't prepare for them by building more reservoirs and prioritizing water usage (i.e. Not putting the FUCKING SNAIL DARTER AHEAD OF GROWING FOOD)

You really are stupid. I thought for quite a while that you were just being deliberately obtuse but the truth is --

You are one stupid bitch
Can we prevent people in Palm Springs from watering their lawns and concrete?

And the real differences between Republicans and Democrats are?

You're too stupid to understand.
Ha Ha Ha Ha ..... very cute ...... what, no answer other than the silly childish comment? ...... I thought you were smarter than that.......... I'm greatly disappointed in you....... After all, you can call others stupid, but can't answer a simple question?......... what gives? ....... Your age?

488x-1.jpg

Near California’s Success Lake, more than 1,000 water wells have failed. Farmers are spending $750,000 to drill 1,800 feet down to keep fields from going fallow. Makeshift showers have sprouted near the church parking lot.

“The conditions are like a third-world country,” said Andrew Lockman, a manager at the Office of Emergency Services in Tulare County, in the heart of the state’s agricultural Central Valley about 175 miles (282 kilometers) north of Los Angeles.

As California enters the fourth year of a record drought, its residents and $43 billion agriculture industry have drawn groundwater so low that it’s beyond the reach of existing wells. That’s left thousands with dry taps and pushed farmers to dig deeper as Governor Jerry Brown, a 77-year-old Democrat, orders the first mandatory water rationing in state history.

Edge:

But dimocraps got in the way. I won't go into minute detail. Wouldn't do a lot of good. dimocraps would just start lying about it and I'm in no mood to swat down dimocrap lies all day.

But you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to notice that everything, I mean EVERYTHING, they take charge of, every City, every State, every program from the War on Poverty to the CRA to Unions to Education to Alternative Energy boondoggles (and outright theft).....

Droughts are nothing more than "mother nature". Floods are nothing more than "mother nature". Earthquakes are nothing more than "mother nature". Tornados are nothing more than "mother nature". So, exactly how can a political party be blamed? Can anyone be blamed? Are bright sunny days the fault of politicians? Who are you going to blame for the next big earthquake in California?

BS, IT CAN be the fault of a political party.... this is being hindered by THEIR GOVERNMENT in control of that state. they care more about a one inch FISH and seeing the land revert back to what it was. they've stop building dams to help with water and their government has allowed that state to go into third world status

Why do you post when you know nothing?

Kalifornication is a HUGE economy with a population of 37 Milllion.

You don't change something that gigantic in a few years -- Or even a couple of decades. But once it starts its decline, once a place that size starts to gain momentum in a downward spiral there will be no recovery, IMO.

Ax Dee-Troit. They thought they were indestructible at one time.

Did you know (of course not, you're a dimocrap which means you're stupid) that Dee-Troit had the highest per capita GDP of ANY City on Earth in the 1960's?

Do you remember (you act like you're 12, so I doubt it) when GM and Dee-Troit and the Industrial Heartland thought it was INDESTRUCTIBLE?

I do. I lived it. I saw it. I remember it in the 50's and 60's and early 70's. I remember it vividly.

That area, Dee-Troit, Cleveland, etc, absolutely DWARFED Kalifornication in Size, wealth, GDP, earnings, wages, culture..... Everything

Then dimocrap scum took control. Now look at it.

I saw it coming and left in 1977.

If you still live in Kalifornication -- You're an idiot.

It's time to leave. dimocrap FILTH have FUCKED that State.

Whether you believe that or not is irrelevant. Truth does not require your belief. It just 'is'

Desalinization plants aren't that expensive, I don't understand why we don't just start building lots of them and solve the water problem permanently. Water bills are nothing. It wouldn't even double them. A whole hell of a lot less than the water bottles people keep buyying
Desalinization plants are not cheap and they do consume a lot of energy. They are not feasible in a large scale.

You are one stupid bitch
You seem rather cranky. It's not Sonny's fault you can't answer her questions because you have no answers.

Ha Ha Ha Ha ..... very cute ...... what, no answer other than the silly childish comment? ...... I thought you were smarter than that.......... I'm greatly disappointed in you....... After all, you can call others stupid, but can't answer a simple question?......... what gives? ....... Your age?

Get professional help.

Seriously, dewd(ette).

Before it's too late, see someone.

488x-1.jpg

Edge:

Why do you post when you know nothing?

why do you post when all you do is spew hate. my guess is: because you are a LOSER in life and have a need to try and prop yourself up as someone superior over all others
it's not an admirable trait. it's pathetic

Desalinization plants aren't that expensive, I don't understand why we don't just start building lots of them and solve the water problem permanently. Water bills are nothing. It wouldn't even double them. A whole hell of a lot less than the water bottles people keep buyying
Desalinization plants are not cheap and they do consume a lot of energy. They are not feasible in a large scale.
Exactly...they have been discussed by our state government on and off for decades, they are not feasible at this time.

You are one stupid bitch
Oh, so you finally admit that a political party is not responsible for droughts? Great. Now we're making progress here, thanks. Yes, I have already stated that man can better conserve water, plan better use and distribution of water, and can use what technologies that are available to better serve mankind. But, the point remains that man can not prevent droughts. I'm glad to see that you finally admit it. Thanks again. Oh, one more thing, one political party is no better than the other party at planning our future, especially the use of natural resources. Both political parties have made mistakes, ignored natural resources at one time or another, and have greatly neglected infrastructure. So, blaming one party for failures is being blind to the truth. Our problems have been ongoing for many decades now. California has known about its water supply for many decades now. Also, if the problem in California is caused by one party, do not the voters have the right to vote in the other party? So, would it be logical to say that the blame falls on the shoulders of the voters, and not on the shoulders of a party?

In addition, I'm not impressed by your immature name calling and personal attack. Is there a reason why you don't want to discuss issues in a civil and adult manner? Are you having a bad day? Or, is this the way you usually discuss issues with people that you know absolutely nothing about? Do you get a thrill from name calling? Does it make you feel superior and important? Does it boost your ego? Are you trying to impress someone? Just curious.

To blame a lack of rain and a lack of corporate responsibility on Democrats is partisan bullshit.

^^ More willful ignorance ^^

Utterly convinced of the righteousness of their crusade, environmental extremists stop at nothing in pursuing their utopian conception of “sustainability.” The interests of families, farmers, and entire communities — whose very existence is often regarded as an impediment to sustainability — are ignored and derided in the quest for an ever-more pristine environment free from human contamination. In the name of environmental purity, these extremists have fought for decades to cut water supplies for millions of Californians.

The drought is a genuine problem in California, but our irrigation system was designed to withstand five years of drought. The reason we have a crisis now is not that farmers are using too much water. It’s not because of global warming, and it’s not even because of the drought. The reason is this: Environmental regulations and U.S. law have caused huge water-flow diversions for environmental causes and have prevented us from using our irrigation system to its full capacity. The House of Representatives has passed three bills in the last three years that would have expanded California water supplies by rolling back damaging environmental regulations. These bills died amid opposition from Senate Democrats, Governor Brown, and President Obama. Someday the media should take notice.

Read more at: National Review

dimocraps are too stupid and too ideological to hold ANY power of ANY kind in this Country.

If we weren't a Country based on morals, there'd be a bounty on the motherfuckers

Nice rant, at least you're good at something.

America s Most Endangered Rivers for 2014 San Joaquin River American Rivers

photos of watering in the central valley california - Google Search

You seem rather cranky. It's not Sonny's fault you can't answer her questions because you have no answers.

Now all you're doing is taunting and attempting to harangue.

Because that's all you got. That's all ANY of you got.

Kaliforniction is in DEEP shit and you're making jokes in an attempt to humor yourself.

Keep on keepin' on bean flicker.

When you are forced to flee that pushole with all your possessions in the trunk of your Prius, please let me know so I can laugh at you

Its been detailed many times how politicians have made this worse... Try to keep up.

488x-1.jpg

Edge:

lol, you can blame the Democrats but can't say how.

classic.

Get professional help.

Seriously, dewd(ette).

Before it's too late, see someone.
Hey, your remarks are getting a little old hat and sour.................. If you really want to be childish and silly, try something really cute and laughable............. try something new and fresh, something original and somewhat on the intelligent side of humor.............. Are you having as much fun as I am? I hope so. I can tell that you need this release......... Please don't stop while you're on a roll, let it all out, get it all off your chest.

Forum List

Back