🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

LilOlLady's Everlasting Gobstopper Illegal Immigration Thread

The 14th Amendment still apply to children born to parents where at least one is a citizen. Immigrant who become citizens, their children are born american citizens. It is insane to give citizenship to anyone that just happens to be born is this country and that was never the intention of our founding fathers.
"Under the jusrisdiction" was not inserted in the clause to be ignored. It has been ignored and time it it recognizes as to what it really means.
Getting illegal immigration under control depends almost solely on repealing the automatic birthright clause to exclude children of illegal aliens. repealing it would change everything about illegal immigration. I would be infavor on retroactive to reverse automatic birthright citizenship. Null and void it.

The key to undoing the current misinterpretation of the Fourteenth Amendment
is this odd phrase

"and subject to the jurisdiction thereof."

The whole problem is caused by the fact that the meaning of this phrase,
which was clear to anyone versed in legal language in 1868,
has slipped with changes in usage.
Fortunately, there is a large group of court precedents that make clear what the phrase actually means:

1.The Fourteenth Amendment excludes the children of aliens.
(The Slaughterhouse Cases (83 U.S. 36 (1873))

2.The Fourteenth Amendment draws a distinction
between the children of aliens and children of citizens.
(Minor v. Happersett (88 U.S. 162 (1874))

3.The phrase "subject to the jurisdiction"
requires "direct and immediate allegiance" to the United States,
not just physical presence.
(Elk v. Wilkins 112 U.S. 94 (1884))

4.There is no automatic birthright citizenship in a particular case.
(Wong Kim Ark Case, 169 U.S. 649 (1898))

5.The Supreme Court has never confirmed birthright citizenship
for the children of illegal aliens, temporary workers, and tourists.
(Plyler v. Doe, 457 U.S. 202, 211 n.10 (1982))

There are other cases referring to minor details of the question.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100424155950AA9Dv2B

If this ever gets to the Supreme Court it will have to be overturned. The precedents have already been set.

Last edited:
I agree.

Send all the honkeys back to Europe.

For evidence why this is necessary, I submit all the racial violence of the past 200 years.

I can't decide if you're just generally an idiot, or only one on the specific subject of illegal immigration, which seems to be a concept beyond your grasp. :eusa_eh:

The 14th Amendment still apply to children born to parents where at least one is a citizen. Immigrant who become citizens, their children are born american citizens. It is insane to give citizenship to anyone that just happens to be born is this country and that was never the intention of our founding fathers.
"Under the jusrisdiction" was not inserted in the clause to be ignored. It has been ignored and time it it recognizes as to what it really means.
Getting illegal immigration under control depends almost solely on repealing the automatic birthright clause to exclude children of illegal aliens. repealing it would change everything about illegal immigration. I would be infavor on retroactive to reverse automatic birthright citizenship. Null and void it.

Unfortunately, I believe the government is prohibited from making laws that are retroactive, and it would be a terrible precedent to set.

Otherwise, I'd say you're absolutely correct. We have no business rewarding people for flouting our laws and our national sovereignty.

The "under the jurisdiction" phrase in the 14th amendment does not refer to legal status of the parents. The SCOTUS has been crystal clear on this. Anyone present in the US is "under the jurisdiction" of the US. If they commit a murder, they are subject to the jurisdiction of the US and its laws regardless of whether they are here illegally or not. Thus, this is a non issue under the constitution. Any statute attempting to make birthright citizenship more narrow would be flatly unconstitutional.

The only way to narrow the availability of citizenship at birth will be to amend the constitution. And even though that is difficult, it must be done. It must be pursued, even if it takes several years to finally be ratified, because our nation desperately needs it. A proposed constitutional amendment need not be ratified by the requisite 3/4 of the state legislatures overnight. The ratification process can, and historically has at times, take several years. If the closed borders crowd of politicians were smart, they would use this to their advantage. The composition of state legislatures can change considerably over a 10 year period. A state that might not at this moment ratify such an amendment might all to readily ratify it after the next election.

It's time to close birthright citizenship loophole
Sen. David Vitter

February 15, 2011

America’s illegal immigration problem is out of control. To change this, we must better protect our borders, particularly the Mexican border, and ensure that only citizens and those in our country legally can be hired for jobs.

Another change we must make is to stop babies born in this country to two illegal immigrant parents from automatically becoming U.S. citizens as they do now; this happens more than 300,000 to 400,000 times in the U.S. every year. This is just flat wrong, and it serves as a magnet to attract more and more adults into our country illegally.

I recently introduced legislation so that a person born in the United States to illegal aliens does not automatically gain citizenship unless at least one parent is a legal citizen (including naturalized citizens), legal immigrant, or active member of the Armed Forces. Closing this loophole will not prevent anyone from becoming a citizen. What it will do is ensure that he or she has to go through the same process as anyone else born of foreign parents who wants to become an American citizen.

I don’t believe that the 14th Amendment to our Constitution grants birthright citizenship to the children of illegal immigrants. In fact, all we have to do is use history as our guide. It reminds us that this amendment was specifically designed to address the horrible injustice of slavery — not to grant citizenship to children of people living in our country illegally.

Therefore, my goal is to make sure that our 14th Amendment is not stretched to allow a person born in the United States to illegal aliens to automatically gain citizenship. I want to bring the 14th Amendment back to what its drafters intended — nothing more and nothing less.

Please let me know about any issues of importance to you and your family by contacting me at any of my state offices or in my Washington office by mail at U.S. Senator David Vitter, U.S. Senate, 516 Hart Senate Office Building, Washington, D.C. 20510, or by phone at 202-224-4623. You can also reach me on the web at vitter.senate.gov.

David Vitter is a U.S. Senator from Louisiana and the chairman of the U.S. Senate Border Security and Enforcement First Immigration Caucus.

The Natchez Democrat - It's time to close birthright citizenship loophole

What about the next generation? What do we do with a child born in a US hospital to 2 people who were also born here but are "not quite American"?

I agree.

Send all the honkeys back to Europe.

For evidence why this is necessary, I submit all the racial violence of the past 200 years.

The "honkies" entered this country when we had not immigration laws or registered though Ellis Island. Illegal aliens sneaked across the border undetected scampering like desert rats to avoid registering and being returned home. That was then and this is now and we are not into building america but in survival of America. Being Native American, I do not like what happened to the Natives but that was then and this is now and all america and americans are in danger of extinction because of uncontrolled immigration.
Illegal aliens are not immigrants either, they are criminals under the radar. We cannot keep making the same mistake over and over. We cannot do anything about the last 200 years but we can do something about the atrocities that is cause by illegal aliens.
Call me a racist, zenophobic I don't give a bucket of S***. I will never stop fighting to end illegal immigration.

Two and only two kinds of Americans.

Last edited by a moderator:
U.|S. Agents Are Shot, One Killed, In Mexico
FEBRUARY 16, 2011.U.S.
By JOSé DE CóRDOBA And DAVID LUHNOW

MEXICO CITY—An agent for the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency was shot and killed and another agent wounded by unknown gunmen in central Mexico on Tuesday, according to U.S. officials.
Pulso Newspaper, San Luis Potosi, Mexico

The car driven by the two ICE agents who were shot on the road to Mexico City.
The men were driving from Mexico City to Monterrey in the central state of San Luis Potosi when they were attacked. U.S. officials condemned the attack and said they would work with Mexican counterparts to bring the assailants to justice. :eusa_whistle:

"Let me be clear: any act of violence against our ICE personnel…is an attack against all those who serve our nation and put their lives at risk for our safety," Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said in a statement.

U.S. Immigration Agents Shot in Mexico - WSJ.com

Last edited:
Mexican Murder Mystery: Three Americans Dead in Last Three Weeks
February 15, 2011
Posted by Armen Keteyian

A view of the city of San Miguel de Allende, where three Americans were killed in the last three weeks.
(Credit: AP Photo/Marco Ugarte) Written by Chief Investigative Correspondent Armen Keteyian and CBS Investigates Intern Vivian Giang

For decades the city of San Miguel de Allende, nestled along the mountainous region of Central Mexico, has attracted scores of Americans, Canadians and Europeans seeking to retire in the mild climate and tranquil, culturally-rich region.

But in just the past three weeks, the safe haven community - known for its low crime rates - has been shattered by the unsolved murders of three Americans.

Mexican Murder Mystery: Three Americans Dead in Last Three Weeks - CBS News Investigates - CBS News

So much for "violence is down" stated by Arizona border city mayors.

Last edited:
Saw this today when it made news. I read a Fox article that actually made the statement that it's quite unusual for American officials to be targeted in Mexico....:cuckoo: They're in Denial.

mexico is safe, unless one is against the cartel... we will have some problems, most from our own politically correctors..
thumbnail.aspx

mexico is safe, unless one is against the cartel... we will have some problems, most from our own politically correctors..
thumbnail.aspx

I fear the time is coming where it's really going to spill over the border. It already is to a degree, but remains uncovered by the media. For some reason they don't want to let everyone know how unsafe it is in the South. But I worry that there will be a day where there will be war in the streets of the southern states like Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California. There really already is on the border cities, but I'm betting it'll move further into the states if something drastic isn't done soon.

There really already is on the border cities, but I'm betting it'll move further into the states if something drastic isn't done soon.

It's time to close birthright citizenship loophole
Sen. David Vitter

February 15, 2011

America’s illegal immigration problem is out of control. To change this, we must better protect our borders, particularly the Mexican border, and ensure that only citizens and those in our country legally can be hired for jobs.

Another change we must make is to stop babies born in this country to two illegal immigrant parents from automatically becoming U.S. citizens as they do now; this happens more than 300,000 to 400,000 times in the U.S. every year. This is just flat wrong, and it serves as a magnet to attract more and more adults into our country illegally.

I recently introduced legislation so that a person born in the United States to illegal aliens does not automatically gain citizenship unless at least one parent is a legal citizen (including naturalized citizens), legal immigrant, or active member of the Armed Forces. Closing this loophole will not prevent anyone from becoming a citizen. What it will do is ensure that he or she has to go through the same process as anyone else born of foreign parents who wants to become an American citizen.

I don’t believe that the 14th Amendment to our Constitution grants birthright citizenship to the children of illegal immigrants. In fact, all we have to do is use history as our guide. It reminds us that this amendment was specifically designed to address the horrible injustice of slavery — not to grant citizenship to children of people living in our country illegally.

Therefore, my goal is to make sure that our 14th Amendment is not stretched to allow a person born in the United States to illegal aliens to automatically gain citizenship. I want to bring the 14th Amendment back to what its drafters intended — nothing more and nothing less.

Please let me know about any issues of importance to you and your family by contacting me at any of my state offices or in my Washington office by mail at U.S. Senator David Vitter, U.S. Senate, 516 Hart Senate Office Building, Washington, D.C. 20510, or by phone at 202-224-4623. You can also reach me on the web at vitter.senate.gov.

David Vitter is a U.S. Senator from Louisiana and the chairman of the U.S. Senate Border Security and Enforcement First Immigration Caucus.

The Natchez Democrat - It's time to close birthright citizenship loophole

What about the next generation? What do we do with a child born in a US hospital to 2 people who were also born here but are "not quite American"?

Are you willing to let the future of American be decided by third world helper monkeys who forced their way into the US over the graves of American GIs?

"Let me be clear: any act of violence against our ICE personnel…is an attack against all those who serve our nation and put their lives at risk for our safety," Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said in a statement.

CORRECTION: Any act of violence against a US American from a person who is from Latin America is an attack on all US Americans and deserves the proper punitive action against his country of origin.

Yeah well that'll happen from time to time when we send our agents into harm's way.

Hospitals are now going to be imigration centers?

This means people will die for lack of treatment.

Arizona has lost its mind
Go Arizona. Illegals do not have the right to free medical care in the U.S. Go back to Mex. and get care. Lets stop feeling sorry for them, they are ILLEGAL!!!

Yeah well that'll happen from time to time when we send our agents into harm's way.

harms way? what the fuck you say? harm's way????? just a few months ago obie wan's wifey said it was perfectly safe to go to Mexico. Guess she don't know her ass from a whole in the ground.. ohhhh,,,,,errrrr, I guess it would be safe for her wouldn't it?

Monterrey?
As in Mexico?
As in a US Government agent operating in a dangerous area OUTSIDE of US borders?

This is truly a tragedy for his friends and family, but it does not cross the threshold of hyperbolic outrage.

So if someone arrives at the hospital with meningitis or some other deadly communicable disease the hospital will be required to check their immigration status before treating them?

How retarded. The State of Arizona should be disbanded as a menace to society.

Forum List

Back