limiting temp-rise to 2 celcius no longer sufficient

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
ESPECIALLY given all the EPA/OSHA-hatin' deniers on this board, just as a microcosm of the world at-large. I like to think the deniers here are just eXtreme facts-averse outliers but judging by the previous get out the vote efforts by the GObP, I could be in error :(

We re Kidding Ourselves on 2-Degree Global Warming Limit Experts - NBC News

Given the world's historic emissions combined with a continued reliance on fossil fuels to power humanity for the foreseeable future, limiting the increase to 2 degrees Celsius is all but impossible, according to David Victor, a professor of international relations and an expert on climate change policy at the University of California, San Diego.

Too man carbon junkies. Bu$h II was right about that "addiction"

Can you point to one single lab experiment that shows a 120PPM increase in CO2 causing ANY temperature increase much less 2 degrees?

My theory is that Frank is actually a defective AI program. All the programmers could get it to do was sulk at people. That made it very attract to denier leaders, who bought it and set it loose here.

My theory is that Frank is actually a defective AI program. All the programmers could get it to do was sulk at people. That made it very attract to denier leaders, who bought it and set it loose here.

translation: I can't provide any lab work that backs up my insane Cult beliefs so I insult anyone who dares to question our insane Cult beliefs

Frank, you understand you're an idiot, right?

Oh wait, you don't. That's the problem. Your cult keeps telling you that you're a special little snowflake, and that your opinion is valuable and unique.

That's what I hate most about the self-esteem movement. It's created a legion of Franks. Nobody in their cult dares tell them that their stupid talk is just stupid talk, so it falls to me to tell them. Over and over, until it sinks in.

Frank, you understand you're an idiot, right?

Oh wait, you don't. That's the problem. Your cult keeps telling you that you're a special little snowflake, and that your opinion is valuable and unique.

That's what I hate most about the self-esteem movement. It's created a legion of Franks. Nobody in their cult dares tell them that their stupid talk is just stupid talk, so it falls to me to tell them. Over and over, until it sinks in.

See?

No lab work, just insults

Here Frank1400PennAve CrusaderFrank

"The 2-degree target is a great idea," Granger Morgan, a professor of engineering and public policy at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, told NBC News. "But we have been so slow in doing anything much about controlling emissions that the accumulative effects are building up on us and … I just do not see the political will to limit emissions to the degree that will be needed to stay below 2 degrees."

Nevertheless, he added, the world urgently needs to get serious about tackling climate change "because otherwise it is going to be much worse."

"The 2-degree target is a great idea," Granger Morgan, a professor of engineering and public policy at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, told NBC News. "But we have been so slow in doing anything much about controlling emissions that the accumulative effects are building up on us and … I just do not see the political will to limit emissions to the degree that will be needed to stay below 2 degrees."

Nevertheless, he added, the world urgently needs to get serious about tackling climate change "because otherwise it is going to be much worse."
Don't see a single lab test, not one, do you?

you were in the military like I was right? Guess who is making contingency plans for climate change? Go ahead and take a shot in the dark.

you were in the military like I was right? Guess who is making contingency plans for climate change? Go ahead and take a shot in the dark.
Waiting for that test result from an actual scientific test showing that the level of rise in CO2 actually caused a similar rise in temperature on the earth. You remember the scientific method right?

We now live in the Age of Perception: If a thousand idiots believe something, it must be true.

The dog ate your lab work???

We've showed it to you dozens of times. And you just lie about it. There's no point in doing it again, because you'd just lie again.

So, how do you manage to look in the mirror without puking? If I had behaved as badly as you do, I'd instantly off myself out of pure shame.

Basically, deniers self-select for sociopathy. Normal people can be shamed into behaving better, hence those normal people leave the denier cult. Only those lacking a conscience remain.

Forum List

Back