Lindsey Graham

Righteous indignation when hardball politics goes against him

Didn’t see him grandstanding when Obama was denied the right to name a Supreme Court Justice

That’s because obama wasn’t denied the right to name a Supreme Court Justice
Neither is Trump. Obama was denied a hearing on his pick,something that Trump did get. I don't think you want to discuss what is fair, if you're right leaning.

His pick didn’t have the votes. The senate has no obligation to waste its time on hearings for someone they don’t consent to

Wants to be Trump' s New Attorney General to replace Jeff Sessions.

How do you think he's doing in his gave the Democrats a mouthful but they needed to hear
Wants to be Trump' s New Attorney General to replace Jeff Sessions.

How do you think he's doing in his 'try out' ?
He sure did give the Democrats a mouthful that they needed to hear

Didn’t see him grandstanding when Obama was denied the right to name a Supreme Court Justice

Of course he was

Republicans have moved Senate confirmations into a new arena of partisan politics

They better hope they hold the Senate and White House from now on

No. He wasn’t. He named three. Two were confirmed

You dumbass
Two were given a hearing
Garland was denied even a vote

Unprecedented

Graham is a coward and one of the most despicable public figures in America. His two favorite things are watching our soldiers come hone in caskets, and supporting rapists.

Did you hear the spew on holding a SCOTUS seat open till 2020?
Graham Said they (these DOPers) never did that...

LOLOLOL!.

You reap what you sow

What did Graham think the reaction to a stolen SCOTUS seat would be?

There wasn’t a stolen seat. The seat doesn’t belong to you.
No it belonged to the sitting American President as a representative of the people who elected him for a term of 4 years. Something that congress took away from him and them.

No it doesnt

Neither is Trump. Obama was denied a hearing on his pick,something that Trump did get. I don't think you want to discuss what is fair, if you're right leaning.

His pick didn’t have the votes. The senate has no obligation to waste its time on hearings for someone they don’t consent to

Yes they do

Republicans have moved the judicial bar where a President is denied the right to fill judicial vacancies if the Senate is of the other party

It will come back to haunt them

So I'm watching this hearing and I'm so baffled by this line that both accused and accuser have been treated badly. One accuses the other of sexual assault. Doesn't that mean that 1 of them deserves repercussions? One of them have to be lying. Seems like such an inane statement.

Word .

One of them is guilty of perjury. Or bat shit crazy . Or both!

I would argue that it’s the one who testified that loud, aggressive drunks snuck up on her from behind. And whose friends and witnesses said it never happened
Friends that have reason to lie about this. Not for nothing. Not one of the members of the GOP dares to claim they don't believe Ford. The best that they can do is that they don't know. If I conduct a job interview and I have reason to believe the person I'm interviewing committed sexual assault, I'm picking somebody else. If that's true for a regular job interview, why pray tell should that NOT be true for a position on the supreme court? Can you answer that question?

Her best friend at the time who she said was there swore a statement under oath that she has never met Kavanaugh or been to a party with him.

What was her reason to lie?

We have absolutely zero reason to believe he committed sexual assault

Oh yes they do. Their duties as specified by the constitution are to advice and consent. Not even meeting with him in most cases constitutes neither. Not only that but stating that he wouldn't be confirmed is not just hypothetical but stupid. The problem was not that Garland wouldn't be confirmed, the problem was that they couldn't reject him if they had a hearing.

Graham is a coward and one of the most despicable public figures in America. His two favorite things are watching our soldiers come hone in caskets, and supporting rapists.

LOLOLOL!.

You reap what you sow

President Obama has a right to fill that seat
Republicans denied him even a hearing on his pick

Something that both Gorsich and Kavenaugh received

No. He has a right to nominate.

The senate has the right to not consent to that choice. It’s their check on the President

Just because your so ignorant you don’t understand the constitution doesn’t mean anything was stolen from you

Considering the way Republicans hate gay people it’s a mystery to me why Lindsey Graham would even want Kavanaugh to be a Supreme Court justice.

Of course he was

Republicans have moved Senate confirmations into a new arena of partisan politics

They better hope they hold the Senate and White House from now on

No. He wasn’t. He named three. Two were confirmed

You dumbass
Two were given a hearing
Garland was denied even a vote

Unprecedented

Again showing your ignorance

Supreme Court justices weren’t given hearings for the first hundred and fifty years of the republic.

The senate is not obligated to have a hearing

So I'm watching this hearing and I'm so baffled by this line that both accused and accuser have been treated badly. One accuses the other of sexual assault. Doesn't that mean that 1 of them deserves repercussions? One of them have to be lying. Seems like such an inane statement.

Word .

One of them is guilty of perjury. Or bat shit crazy . Or both!

I would argue that it’s the one who testified that loud, aggressive drunks snuck up on her from behind. And whose friends and witnesses said it never happened
Friends that have reason to lie about this. Not for nothing. Not one of the members of the GOP dares to claim they don't believe Ford. The best that they can do is that they don't know. If I conduct a job interview and I have reason to believe the person I'm interviewing committed sexual assault, I'm picking somebody else. If that's true for a regular job interview, why pray tell should that NOT be true for a position on the supreme court? Can you answer that question?

Her best friend at the time who she said was there swore a statement under oath that she has never met Kavanaugh or been to a party with him.

What was her reason to lie?

We have absolutely zero reason to believe he committed sexual assault
Her reason to lie??? She has none that I can see. I see no reason for Ford to lie either. None of that is an answer to my question. Is it reasonable to put somebody on the supreme court, having this accusation out there. Taking into consideration that nobody, seems to be denying that Ford is credible?

The American people entrusted the GOP to fill that SCOTUS seat, and they did.
No the American people entrusted that seat to the president of the United States. Congress usurped that right. Check your constitution. Congress is supposed to advise and consent, refusing to hold a hearing is neither. Oh and by the way, you changed your argument from Graham did right by the Democrats. To well we had a right to take that seat. I wish you'd make up your mind.

No dummy, the American people fed up with Obama took the senate away from the Dem's and handed control of advice and consent to the GOP, as punishment. Then the American people took the White House away from Dem's in 2016, reaffirming the decision for the GOP to fill that SCOTUS seat. Its not our fault your side got their ass whooped.
The American people popularly elected Obama for eight years

Republicans only allowed him seven when it came to filling a SCOTUS seat

The American people rejected Obama in 2014 and 2016.
Prove that liar.
2012 112M turned out to vote. Obama Wins 59.6M D and 58.2M R
2014 75M turned out to vote. No Obama 40M voted R only 35M voted D
2016 3M more voted for HRC.65,853,514 D and The Great Douche got 62,984,828 votes

LOLOLOL!.

You reap what you sow

The senate has the right to not consent to that choice. It’s their check on the President

Just because your so ignorant you don’t understand the constitution doesn’t mean anything was stolen from you
Obama could have nominated Jesus Christ and Republicans wouldn’t have approved of him just because he was nominated by Obama. Get real speak truth.

LOLOLOL!.

You reap what you sow

Again...Republicans have subterfuged the process of filling judicial vacancies

They must now live with the new normal

1. Presidents can only fill judicial seats if the Senate is the same party
2. It only takes a Senate majority to approve a SCOTUS pick

Kavanaugh never answered whether he’s a mean drunk or not, he just danced around it.

Kavanaugh never admitted that he gets so drunk he can’t remember what happened the night before. He danced around it.

Kavanaugh said again and again the four witnesses back him up. They don’t. In fact Mark judge was in the room and they wouldn’t even talk to him.

Forum List

Back