🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Listen to a real American President

Reagan was a great orator but he was not really that good of a president. Obama gives great speeches like this all the time, just as pre-written, just as patriotic, just as empty of actual substance, meant mainly to inspire but conservatives no longer want inspiration. They want a leader to tell them the world is a horrifyingly dangerous place and America has turned to crap.
I guess I am just so out of touch with these people. Agreed that the world is a dangerous place, but not as horrifying so as the period in which we and the Soviets were constantly 30 minutes away from mutual annihilation. As far as America goes, I travel as much as time and money allows in this nation, and it is a beautiful place with so many good people. America never stopped being great.
Yes it is still a wonderful place to live and a country to be proud of. I get pretty tired of the people who somehow think they are the most patriotic Americans talking trash all the time. I do not understand how someone can think they are patriotic and yet hate the government and most of the people who live here.
This is why you lose.

America is NOT the government. The United States is NOT the government.

It really isn't that hard to understand.
The United States is The People and conservatives hate way too many of their fellow Americans for any of their fervent devotion to the trappings of patriotism to mean a God damned thing. What good is getting all teary eyed when the anthem plays if you don't give shit about anyone who is not within your narrow little definition of a "real American"?
Like calling everyone you disagree with a racist?

Reagan was a great orator but he was not really that good of a president. Obama gives great speeches like this all the time, just as pre-written, just as patriotic, just as empty of actual substance, meant mainly to inspire but conservatives no longer want inspiration. They want a leader to tell them the world is a horrifyingly dangerous place and America has turned to crap.
I guess I am just so out of touch with these people. Agreed that the world is a dangerous place, but not as horrifying so as the period in which we and the Soviets were constantly 30 minutes away from mutual annihilation. As far as America goes, I travel as much as time and money allows in this nation, and it is a beautiful place with so many good people. America never stopped being great.
Yes it is still a wonderful place to live and a country to be proud of. I get pretty tired of the people who somehow think they are the most patriotic Americans talking trash all the time. I do not understand how someone can think they are patriotic and yet hate the government and most of the people who live here.
This is why you lose.

America is NOT the government. The United States is NOT the government.

It really isn't that hard to understand.
The United States is The People and conservatives hate way too many of their fellow Americans for any of their fervent devotion to the trappings of patriotism to mean a God damned thing. What good is getting all teary eyed when the anthem plays if you don't give shit about anyone who is not within your narrow little definition of a "real American"?
this hate meme is a product of the party of hate. That is all democrats do any more is hate, it is simply amazing.

Here is where Reagan won his landslide victory. As soon as McGovern laughed he lost. Man was Reagan great.

Obama turned it to crap....made in his own image. A nice shade of brown.

Obama turned it to crap....made in his own image. A nice shade of brown.
Right winger Alt Right are livid at losing to a black person. Especially after he did such a good job cleaning up GOP mess.

So unlike what we have today.

Yep. He was awesome.

More of Reagan:
We shall continue America's tradition as a land that welcomes peoples from other countries. We shall also, with other countries, continue to share in the responsibility of welcoming and resettling those who flee oppression.

Illegal immigrants in considerable numbers have become productive members of our society and are a basic part of our work force. Those who have established equities in the United States should be recognized and accorded legal status.

As you say, so unlike what we have today. I don't know who these people are today who are calling themselves Republicans. I really don't.

Reagan was the best President of the 20th century. We haven't seen a good one since.
Reagan was cocaine and the crash never ended; we have one Bubble/Crash after another.
You think in terms of drugs. That figures.
You think in terms of cheap labor.
And you know this how?
Reagan created a false paradigm based on non-Ricardian Free Trade that is dependent on a Master-Slave relationship and a constant cycle of Bubbles/Crashes.

But we all know we've never had a crash since Ronnie was Presidential.

Reagan was the best President of the 20th century. We haven't seen a good one since.
Reagan was cocaine and the crash never ended; we have one Bubble/Crash after another.
And you know this how?
Reagan created a false paradigm based on non-Ricardian Free Trade that is dependent on a Master-Slave relationship and a constant cycle of Bubbles/Crashes.

I suppose it's Reagan's fault that Obama doubled the national debt as well?

And you know this how?

Nah!
Bail out Wall Street and let Main Street starve.

And you know this how?

Nah!
I have news for you. Main Street is still starving, only worse now.

And you know this how?

Nah!
And Wall Street is wealthier than ever.
So much for Rush's What's good for Wall Street is good for Main Street.

And you know this how?

Nah!
Stop ducking my point. You're trying to blame everything that's happened for the past 25 years on Reagan, when Democrats have held the WH for 16 of those years.

Nah!
Stop ducking my point. You're trying to blame everything that's happened for the past 25 years on Reagan, when Democrats have held the WH for 16 of those years.
Remember when they were bragging about how Republicans couldn't win elections? It was democrats in control in 2008, they are the ones that let America down. Then Obama bails out Wall street and says screw you to main street and then blames Republicans. Really they are a deluded bunch of folks.

Forum List

Back