little boy to his motherS I want to be a girl

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gua26K1g4g&feature]I Enjoy Being A Girl - Wide Screen - YouTube[/ame]

If I were a girl, I'm sure I would be a lesbian.

I can't decide.... :cool:
What bothers me most is that these 2 women are making an identity decision for a child incapable of picking matching clothes for school much less his/hers sexual identity.

What bothers you most is the parents are lesbian. How dare they have any parental rights.

Really?

Where does he say that the parents being lesbian bother him? Are you saying that you know Ernies mind better then he knows it himself?

The idea that you know me, and my opinion, better than I know it myself, is a putdown. To say someone doesn't know their own mind is degrading
The protected classes get to decide not only what offends them, but WHO offends them. It's the same mentality that says if I criticize the decisions of a black President, I'm a racist.
I think that two women who claim their child has cross dressed since the age of 3, most definitely had control over what clothes were available.
Barring irrefutable scientific evidence that the child's gender identity is some cruel genetic joke, any decision to delay puberty or surgically alter his/her sex, should be delayed until the child is capable of making that decision for his/herself.
My God! you have 2 parents with unconventional gender identity influencing the gender identity of a CHILD. I have to question the parents' motive here.

What bothers you most is the parents are lesbian. How dare they have any parental rights.

Really?

Where does he say that the parents being lesbian bother him? Are you saying that you know Ernies mind better then he knows it himself?

The idea that you know me, and my opinion, better than I know it myself, is a putdown. To say someone doesn't know their own mind is degrading
The protected classes get to decide not only what offends them, but WHO offends them. It's the same mentality that says if I criticize the decisions of a black President, I'm a racist.
I think that two women who claim their child has cross dressed since the age of 3, most definitely had control over what clothes were available.
Barring irrefutable scientific evidence that the child's gender identity is some cruel genetic joke, any decision to delay puberty or surgically alter his/her sex, should be delayed until the child is capable of making that decision for his/herself.
My God! you have 2 parents with unconventional gender identity influencing the gender identity of a CHILD. I have to question the parents' motive here.

I think any parent would want what's best for their child. This child wasn't even given a chance to BE a child, to discover his identity before his parents stole it away. The parents should be in jail, so should the doctor. This is child abuse, I can think of no other way to say it.

no child is "transgender" at 3 years old and no child deserves "hormone therapy" at 7 to make them become some other sex. Good grief, let him grow up before putting all those poisons in his body. How many of those "transgender" children Sky is talking about committed suicide? How many of them got cancer? How many of them had lifelong medical problems in addition to being sterile? Who has a right to make that decision for anyone? let alone, a child?

Really?

I think any parent would want what's best for their child. This child wasn't even given a chance to BE a child, to discover his identity before his parents stole it away. The parents should be in jail, so should the doctor. This is child abuse, I can think of no other way to say it.

no child is "transgender" at 3 years old and no child deserves "hormone therapy" at 7 to make them become some other sex. Good grief, let him grow up before putting all those poisons in his body. How many of those "transgender" children Sky is talking about committed suicide? How many of them got cancer? How many of them had lifelong medical problems in addition to being sterile? Who has a right to make that decision for anyone? let alone, a child?

It is not unusual for a transgender person to know they are transgender as young as age 2 or 3.

These parent's are responsible for their child's well being. We don't get to make decisions for this family.

You don't know any transgender people. You don't know what it's like to be a parent of a transgender child.

Stop being so judgmental. My point is with a transgender kid, "one size fits all" solutions don't work. This has to be taken on a case by case basis.

You presume these parents are irresponsible, and some posters here think that's because they are lesbian. That's bull.

I don't care whether the parents are gay, lesbian, or straight. Any parent that thinks approving this for a child before they are 18 is wrong.

And, any physician who does it before 18 should have their license yanked.

Wrong. Very wrong.

Unbe-fucking-lievable! Hormone-blocking BEFORE puberty.

This is the correct motorcycle.

Really?

My God! you have 2 parents with unconventional gender identity influencing the gender identity of a CHILD. I have to question the parents' motive here.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. You question the parent's motives because the parents happen to be lesbian.

Try and educate yourself a little more about transgender people and lesbians. Your prejudice is showing. Lesbianism has nothing to do with gender identity.

Last edited:

Really?

Like I said before.........the parents DID take the child (after they exhibited unusual behavior), to a liscenced psychotherapist who identified the child as having transgender issues.

Scientists in Switzerland have proven this is possible via MRI's and study..........

The Swedish study, published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences journal, compared the size of the brain's halves in 90 adults.

Gay men and heterosexual women had halves of a similar size, while the right side was bigger in lesbian women and heterosexual men.

A UK scientist said this was evidence sexual orientation was set in the womb.

BBC NEWS | Health | Scans see 'gay brain differences'

But then again...........facts and science have no effect on close minded assholes who like to persecute gays because their "religion" tells them to.

Really?

Like I said before.........the parents DID take the child (after they exhibited unusual behavior), to a liscenced psychotherapist who identified the child as having transgender issues.

Scientists in Switzerland have proven this is possible via MRI's and study..........

The Swedish study, published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences journal, compared the size of the brain's halves in 90 adults.

Gay men and heterosexual women had halves of a similar size, while the right side was bigger in lesbian women and heterosexual men.

But then again...........facts and science have no effect on close minded assholes who like to persecute gays because their "religion" tells them to.
Puberty not only affects the physique of a child, it is a systemic change in that human - an important change in their transitioning to an adult.

A huge part of that change is development of not only their adrenal system, but also their brain's continued development. Blocking those hormones is beyond high risk for the rest of the development of child into a fully functioning adult.

That is irrespective of gender.

And, transgenders are not homosexuals, nor the inverse.

the problem is these parents regardless of sexual orientation ...have not done the best for their child....or they would re enforce his natural gender....i do not see anyone making a life changing decision under the age of 18.....why do you see this as natural sky?

These parents are attempting to do what is right for their child. My point is that this is a complex decision, and it is one that must be made on a case by case basis.

The fact that all of you assume these parents are irresponsible tells me how little you know about lesbians or transgender people.

The option to use puberty delaying hormones is controversial. My point is that in some cases, it may be appropriate.

I cannot say for certain whether the parents are making the right call or not, I'm saying they are motivated to make this decision out of love for their child, and no other reason. The rest of you assume these parents are child abusers. I do not.

If a transgender person waits until after puberty to start transitioning there are negative consequences, too.

Last edited:

Puberty not only affects the physique of a child, it is a systemic change in that human - an important change in their transitioning to an adult.

A huge part of that change is development of not only their adrenal system, but also their brain's continued development. Blocking those hormones is beyond high risk for the rest of the development of child into a fully functioning adult.

Question...........if an MRI showed that the child has a gay brain, would you be cool with them undergoing hormone therapy?

It's a parent's nightmare dilemma: experts say there's a fifty-fifty chance your child will attempt suicide before age 20. Should you opt for an experimental medical treatment that might prevent it? Parents of children whom experts call gender variant are faced with just that question.

Family members, teachers and primary-care doctors are consulted. After weighing all the evidence, an interdisciplinary team of doctors and psychologists determines the severity of the gender variation and whether to recommend the child for hormone blockers. But the final decision rests with the parents

Read more: The Gender Conundrum. - TIME

Last edited:

Question...........if an MRI showed that the child has a gay brain, would you be cool with them undergoing hormone therapy?
Absolutely not.

But, you do know that transgender and homosexuality are not necessarily the same things, right?

Last edited:
The nation's oldest and largest organization of endocrinologists has recommended that physicians treating children with gender identity disorder intervene to delay puberty at its first signs and wait until a child is at least 16 before offering hormonal therapy that would begin his or her gender transition.

At the first signs of puberty, however, the new guidelines recommend that physicians use hormone therapy strictly for the purpose of suppressing pubertal changes until an adolescent has reached the age of 16. At that point, the group concluded, "cross-sex hormones may be given."

Treating transsexual kids: wait for, then delay puberty to treat | Booster Shots | Los Angeles Times

The nation's oldest and largest organization of endocrinologists has recommended that physicians treating children with gender identity disorder intervene to delay puberty at its first signs and wait until a child is at least 16 before offering hormonal therapy that would begin his or her gender transition.

At the first signs of puberty, however, the new guidelines recommend that physicians use hormone therapy strictly for the purpose of suppressing pubertal changes until an adolescent has reached the age of 16. At that point, the group concluded, "cross-sex hormones may be given."

Treating transsexual kids: wait for, then delay puberty to treat | Booster Shots | Los Angeles Times
And, it says:

"The new practice guidelines also recommend that no action be taken to intervene in the hormonal balance of a young child who identifies as the opposite gender of his or her birth. "A diagnosis of transsexualism in a child who has not gone through puberty cannot be made with certainty," the group concluded. "

Last edited:
Complications from transgender procedures may be significantly minimized when treatment of a patient with severe gender identity disorder begins prior to puberty, according to expert opinion today at the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE) 19th Annual Meeting & Clinical Congress.

(Logo: Newscom - Multimedia for Websites and Publishers )

And, it says:

"The new practice guidelines also recommend that no action be taken to intervene in the hormonal balance of a young child who identifies as the opposite gender of his or her birth. "A diagnosis of transsexualism in a child who has not gone through puberty cannot be made with certainty," the group concluded. "

Nonetheless, they still recommend it. Consider why they do. The consequences for the transgender person of going through puberty are that some characteristics they don't want they will be stuck with for life.

Last edited:

And, it says:

Nonetheless, they still recommend it.
Ummm, I am pretty sure you are not in the least understanding the article.

Try reading it again.

I'm pretty sure you don't undertstand they recommend puberty delaying hormone treatment.

Really?

My God! you have 2 parents with unconventional gender identity influencing the gender identity of a CHILD. I have to question the parents' motive here.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. You question the parent's motives because the parents happen to be lesbian.

Try and educate yourself a little more about transgender people and lesbians. Your prejudice is showing. Lesbianism has nothing to do with gender identity.

No, silly, not because they are lesbian, but because they have a confused or unconventional sexual identity and have raised a child amid the confusion.
Suppose a child was raised by heterosexual parents both having only one arm. This child is raised in a home where the handicap is normal. Both parents appear to function well and take care of her well, love her and provide a stable environment.
Now, suppose at the age of 3, the child starts to wear her shirts with one arm inside, hidden from view. She is only emulating her parents, not asking that her arm be lopped off. Even she does, at 7, ask to have her arm removed so she's just like mommy and daddy, would you schedule her for surgery?
This is a life altering decision that will have a profound effect on the child's life for the next 80 years or so.

Forum List

Back