little boy to his motherS I want to be a girl

the problem is these parents regardless of sexual orientation ...have not done the best for their child....or they would re enforce his natural gender....i do not see anyone making a life changing decision under the age of 18.....why do you see this as natural sky?

These parents are attempting to do what is right for their child. My point is that this is a complex decision, and it is one that must be made on a case by case basis.

The fact that all of you assume these parents are irresponsible tells me how little you know about lesbians or transgender people.

The option to use puberty delaying hormones is controversial. My point is that in some cases, it may be appropriate.

I cannot say for certain whether the parents are making the right call or not, I'm saying they are motivated to make this decision out of love for their child, and no other reason. The rest of you assume these parents are child abusers. I do not.

If a transgender person waits until after puberty to start transitioning there are negative consequences, too.

So if you have a little boy and he says "I'm a girl" at age 3, you are going to start hormone therapy when he's 7? You are going to wreck his physical body and his chances of becoming a man because of something stupid he said when he was 3 and again at 7?

You are more concerned about these parents than you are their child. Would you feel the same way if these parents were heterosexual?

Doesn't matter what the consequences are when they wait until they are 18 to start transition, it's physically better for them than going through those changes when they are too young to make the decision. On the bright side, think of the lawsuit this kid is setting that doctor up for...I wonder if he'll sue his parents too, or if they will be in on the lawsuit with the doctor?

What if he has a happy future as a woman? You don't even consider that possibility. Clearly, you are clueless about transgender people. Educate yourself.

What do you want to do? Wipe them off the face of the earth?

If you force someone to be what they are not, you are setting up for suicide. I know. I lost a dear one to suicide.

Why are you attacking him?

Why are you being so mean to him?

Why are you such a bully?

She can't speak to my point. Simple as that.

I have spoken to your point. Your point is that lesbians are inadequate parents. That's wrong. You think this little boy's penis is endangered around lesbians, when what is going on, is that these parents have agonized over how to help their child, and have come to decide to delay puberty.

What's happened is that these parents are injecting their child with cancer causing hormones at the age of SEVEN!!! Not to mention the other side effects.

And the reason? They THINK he might rather be a girl. He's too young to even know.

Why are you attacking him?

Why are you being so mean to him?

Why are you such a bully?

I'm trying to understand why he is so personally threatened by the very idea of gender reassignment.

GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD! I am NOT personally threatened, by anything or anyone, especially you, you twit! I am thinking of what is best for the child in the long term.

YOur idiotic argument is that this child is endangered because his lesbian parents are making the wrong decision on his behalf.

I maintain that it is up to the parents, and I assume the parents are responsible. You do not because you are so prejudiced against lesbians.

These parents are attempting to do what is right for their child. My point is that this is a complex decision, and it is one that must be made on a case by case basis.

The fact that all of you assume these parents are irresponsible tells me how little you know about lesbians or transgender people.

The option to use puberty delaying hormones is controversial. My point is that in some cases, it may be appropriate.

I cannot say for certain whether the parents are making the right call or not, I'm saying they are motivated to make this decision out of love for their child, and no other reason. The rest of you assume these parents are child abusers. I do not.

If a transgender person waits until after puberty to start transitioning there are negative consequences, too.

So if you have a little boy and he says "I'm a girl" at age 3, you are going to start hormone therapy when he's 7? You are going to wreck his physical body and his chances of becoming a man because of something stupid he said when he was 3 and again at 7?

You are more concerned about these parents than you are their child. Would you feel the same way if these parents were heterosexual?

Doesn't matter what the consequences are when they wait until they are 18 to start transition, it's physically better for them than going through those changes when they are too young to make the decision. On the bright side, think of the lawsuit this kid is setting that doctor up for...I wonder if he'll sue his parents too, or if they will be in on the lawsuit with the doctor?

What if he has a happy future as a woman? You don't even consider that possibility. Clearly, you are clueless about transgender people.

If you force someone to be what they are not, you are setting up for suicide. I know. I lost a dear one to suicide.
So, using your rationale: you obviously would support parents who decided that their prepubescent child who says s/he is gay and whose parents know that s/he would have a happy future as a heterosexual, sent him to some sort of 'treatment' to make him heterosexual.

That's a pretty fucked up view.

So what happens if they start a child on these drugs when he/she is 11, and then he/she changes their mind at 18 and does not want to change their sex after all? How does the process get undone?

Do they administer yet more drugs to replace the 7 lost years of maturing? Or does the kid just have to live with body he/she ended up with for the rest of their life?

And I saw a previous post that said these drugs cause sterility. How does that get fixed if the child changes his/her mind?

She can't speak to my point. Simple as that.

I have spoken to your point. Your point is that lesbians are inadequate parents. That's wrong. You think this little boy's penis is endangered around lesbians, when what is going on, is that these parents have agonized over how to help their child, and have come to decide to delay puberty.

What's happened is that these parents are injecting their child with cancer causing hormones at the age of SEVEN!!! Not to mention the other side effects.

And the reason? They THINK he might rather be a girl. He's too young to even know.

Hets always presume that someone should be heterosexual, even when many children know at a very young age who they are. The same is true for transgender people.

YOu assume the parents are irresponsible because YOU think YOU know what's best for SOMEONE ELSE'S CHILD.

You don't get to make that decision, sheila, no matter how little you know about transgender kids.

This is not a "one size fits all" decision. It should be made on a case by case basis.

Last edited:

What if he has a happy future as a woman? You don't even consider that possibility. Clearly, you are clueless about transgender people. Educate yourself.

I lost a dear one to suicide too. Guess what? She wasn't transgender, she wasn't a lesbian. She was sick because her ex husband sold her home out from under her.

Yeah, I suppose he could be happy as a woman in the future, but he is too young to make that decision NOW and injecting him with drugs to postpone puberty is WRONG!!!!

It's also dangerous. What if after all this he commits suicide? What will you excuse for defending his parents be then?

On the other hand, if he's happy as a woman, I'll still be right. He shouldn't have had the physically alternating treatment until HE was old enough to make the decision, and he'll be sterile and possibly suffer from other side effects of the treatment such as, oh, I don't know, CANCER!!!!!

What if he has a happy future as a woman? You don't even consider that possibility. Clearly, you are clueless about transgender people.

So, using your rationale: you obviously would support parents who decided that their prepubescent child who says s/he is gay and whose parents know that s/he would have a happy future as a heterosexual, sent him to some sort of 'treatment' to make him heterosexual.

Logical fallacy. I have said no such thing. Nice try, though. You're up to your usual nastiness.

Hets always presume that someone should be heterosexual, even when many children know at a very young age who they are. The same is true for transgender people.

YOu assume the parents are irresponsible because YOU think YOU know what's best for SOMEONE ELSE'S CHILD.

You don't get to make that decision, sheila, no matter how little you know about transgender kids.
And, using YOUR rationale, if a child thinks that they want to have sex with an adult, the parents can consent to that child having sex with an adult. Especially, I suppose, if the adult is the parent.

I lost a dear one to suicide too. Guess what? She wasn't transgender, she wasn't a lesbian. She was sick because her ex husband sold her home out from under her.

Yeah, I suppose he could be happy as a woman in the future, but he is too young to make that decision NOW and injecting him with drugs to postpone puberty is WRONG!!!!

It's also dangerous. What if after all this he commits suicide? What will you excuse for defending his parents be then?

On the other hand, if he's happy as a woman, I'll still be right. He shouldn't have had the physically alternating treatment until HE was old enough to make the decision, and he'll be sterile and possibly suffer from other side effects of the treatment such as, oh, I don't know, CANCER!!!!!

I lost my loved one because he couldn't handle the prejudice against him for being gay. Transgender individuals are more successful in their lives when treatment is started young.

Try going to an agency serving street kids and ask them what the transgender kids experience has been. Learn something. Open your mind.

This is not a "one size fits all" decision. It should be made on a case by case basis.

Like I said, I'm glad such a thing wasn't around when I was a kid, or I'd be in real trouble now, if I was still alive.

Every child, at one time or another, wants to be the opposite sex. If you knew children, you would understand this. The decision should not be made until HE or SHE is able to make that decision on their own.

At 18, he can change into a girl, if he still wants to, and if he doesn't want to, he wouldn't have had all those negative side affects.

When it comes to kids, yeah, this is a "one size fits all" decision. Kids are kids. Let him BE a kid.

Logical fallacy. I have said no such thing. Nice try, though. You're up to your usual nastiness.
Saying your view is fucked up (see, that's not saying YOU are fucked up) can't even compare to your mean, rotten, bullying, and general nastiness to others in this thread.

But, that aside, you have not even understand the sentence: I did not say you said that.

Read it again and see if you can figure out what the sentence said.

Last edited:

And, using YOUR rationale, if a child thinks that they want to have sex with an adult, the parents can consent to that child having sex with an adult. Especially, I suppose, if the adult is the parent.

Logical fallacy again. I've said no such thing. Learn to debate honestly.

Like I said, I'm glad such a thing wasn't around when I was a kid, or I'd be in real trouble now, if I was still alive.

Every child, at one time or another, wants to be the opposite sex. If you knew children, you would understand this. The decision should not be made until HE or SHE is able to make that decision on their own.

At 18, he can change into a girl, if he still wants to, and if he doesn't want to, he wouldn't have had all those negative side affects.

When it comes to kids, yeah, this is a "one size fits all" decision. Kids are kids. Let him BE a kid.

Let this child be the kid he is. Not the one that YOU think he should be. Let these families make their own heartfelt decisions on behalf of the child they love.

Educate yourself about transgender people. Meet some. Talk to them. Listen and open your mind. You might learn something.

I lost my loved one because he couldn't handle the prejudice against him for being gay. Transgender individuals are more successful in their lives when treatment is started young.

Try going to an agency serving street kids and ask them what the transgender kids experience has been. Learn something. Open your mind.

Side effects, Sky, side effects. Unnecessary side effects on a CHILD!!!

Let this child be the kid he is. Not the one that YOU think he should be. Let these families make their own heartfelt decisions on behalf of the child they love.

Educate yourself about transgender people. Meet some. Talk to them. Listen and open your mind. You might learn something.

What kid do you think I think he should be? He's a CHILD, let him be a child. No one should have the right to make a decision like this for a child, not even the child, and most especially not at SEVEN!!!!

Defend these people all you like, I hope to hear this story again in the future and hopefully he/she will be happy, but I heartily doubt it.

Again, Sky, if I had said you said that, you might have a point.

Read the sentence again and see if you can figure out what it actually says.

*sigh*

What kid do you think I think he should be? He's a CHILD, let him be a child. No one should have the right to make a decision like this for a child, not even the child, and most especially not at SEVEN!!!!

Defend these people all you like, I hope to hear this story again in the future and hopefully he/she will be happy, but I heartily doubt it.

I went into the conversation thinking it was wrong to let a young child make the decision to change his or her gender. I came out of lunch thinking, "I have to help this woman find friends for her daughter. Her daughter who has a penis."

And I also thought, "This has to be the toughest parenting decision a person could have to make."

What changed my mind? Listening to Jen's story. She talked of her daughter's pain and isolation, how she asked, "Am I the only one?"

Can you imagine how you would feel if your child asked you if he or she was the only person in the world with such a primal problem? I thought of my own daughter and how I would do anything to help her grow up as secure and happy as possible, and I realized if I were in Jen's place, I would be there at the therapist every week, just like she is. I would be searching the world for other boys who believed they were girls. I would be traveling to transgendered conferences wearing a t-shirt saying, "I'm from Chicago," just like Jen is.

We can't judge until we've walked in her shoes. Jen's certainly not crazy, and I doubt her kid is, either. We know many aspects of humanity operate on a spectrum, and gender is just another component of humanity.

Transgendered Children | BlogHer

Again, Sky, if I had said you said that, you might have a point.

Read the sentence again and see if you can figure out what it actually says.

*sigh*

Try and debate honestly for a change.

Forum List

Back