little boy to his motherS I want to be a girl

The protected classes get to decide not only what offends them, but WHO offends them. It's the same mentality that says if I criticize the decisions of a black President, I'm a racist.
I think that two women who claim their child has cross dressed since the age of 3, most definitely had control over what clothes were available.
Barring irrefutable scientific evidence that the child's gender identity is some cruel genetic joke, any decision to delay puberty or surgically alter his/her sex, should be delayed until the child is capable of making that decision for his/herself.
My God! you have 2 parents with unconventional gender identity influencing the gender identity of a CHILD. I have to question the parents' motive here.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. You question the parent's motives because the parents happen to be lesbian.

Try and educate yourself a little more about transgender people and lesbians. Your prejudice is showing. Lesbianism has nothing to do with gender identity.

No, silly, not because they are lesbian, but because they have a confused or unconventional sexual identity and have raised a child amid the confusion.
Suppose a child was raised by heterosexual parents both having only one arm. This child is raised in a home where the handicap is normal. Both parents appear to function well and take care of her well, love her and provide a stable environment.
Now, suppose at the age of 3, the child starts to wear her shirts with one arm inside, hidden from view. She is only emulating her parents, not asking that her arm be lopped off. Even she does, at 7, ask to have her arm removed so she's just like mommy and daddy, would you schedule her for surgery?
This is a life altering decision that will have a profound effect on the child's life for the next 80 years or so.

Lesbians do not have confused sexual identity. We know we're women and we are attracted to women.

Your presumption that lesbian parents are inadequate to raise a transgender child falls short of the truth and shows your prejudice.

I presume the parents are responsible and loving toward their child and you do not.

"Transgender individuals are often perceived to have mental illnesses, but "researchers have found no correlation between non-normative gender identification and mental illness" (Shield, 2007). Research has found that individuals who have consistently expressed cross-sex identification from early childhood (toddler age) onward develop psychological problems resulting from the pain of pubertal physical changes, including depression, anorexia, social phobias, and suicidality (Cohen-Kettenis, Delemarre-van de Waal, & Gooren, 2008). Furthermore, transgender youth frequently report verbal and physical harassment, assault, and a lack of feeling safe at school."
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/718619_3

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you don't undertstand they recommend puberty delaying hormone treatment.
As usual, you are dead wrong.

How old is the kid in the OP, Sky?

Not to tax your scrolling finger, the kid is 11.

The group stricktly says that making any kind of diagnosis in a prepubescent kid is not possible with any certainty. They also recommend that the exact treatment they are providing for this 11 kid is not to be done before 16.

Using your rationale in this thread, you want children to be able to consent to sex with an adult, as long as their parents think it's cool.

I'm pretty sure you don't undertstand they recommend puberty delaying hormone treatment.

The group stricktly says that making any kind of diagnosis in a prepubescent kid is not possible with any certainty. They also recommend that the exact treatment they are providing for this 11 kid is not to be done before 16.

Using your rationale in this thread, you want children to be able to consent to sex with an adult, as long as their parents think it's cool.
You read the article wrong. They recommend puberty delay just before puberty THEN gender changing hormones at 16.

The protected classes get to decide not only what offends them, but WHO offends them. It's the same mentality that says if I criticize the decisions of a black President, I'm a racist.
I think that two women who claim their child has cross dressed since the age of 3, most definitely had control over what clothes were available.
Barring irrefutable scientific evidence that the child's gender identity is some cruel genetic joke, any decision to delay puberty or surgically alter his/her sex, should be delayed until the child is capable of making that decision for his/herself.
My God! you have 2 parents with unconventional gender identity influencing the gender identity of a CHILD. I have to question the parents' motive here.

I think any parent would want what's best for their child. This child wasn't even given a chance to BE a child, to discover his identity before his parents stole it away. The parents should be in jail, so should the doctor. This is child abuse, I can think of no other way to say it.

no child is "transgender" at 3 years old and no child deserves "hormone therapy" at 7 to make them become some other sex. Good grief, let him grow up before putting all those poisons in his body. How many of those "transgender" children Sky is talking about committed suicide? How many of them got cancer? How many of them had lifelong medical problems in addition to being sterile? Who has a right to make that decision for anyone? let alone, a child?

It is not unusual for a transgender person to know they are transgender as young as age 2 or 3.

These parent's are responsible for their child's well being. We don't get to make decisions for this family.

You don't know any transgender people. You don't know what it's like to be a parent of a transgender child.

Stop being so judgmental. My point is with a transgender kid, "one size fits all" solutions don't work. This has to be taken on a case by case basis.

You presume these parents are irresponsible, and some posters here think that's because they are lesbian. That's bull.

I don't care what the case is, you don't do hormone therapy on a CHILD!!!! Especially not because you think the child wants to be of the opposite sex. That's not a decision to be taken lightly, nor are the consequences. You think it's tough being a transgender child? Try being a normal child who's parents think you are transgender because you decided you'd rather be a boy than a girl when you were 3?

I would hate to think where I'd be now with thinking like that when I was a kid.

Of course the upside is, I wouldn't have 2 autistic kids, then again, the downside is, I wouldn't have 2 autistic kids, I wouldn't have ANY kids. Probably would have killed myself by now too.

And Muslims should have every right to preform female circumcisions on their daughters.

Is that your issue, Ernie? You somehow feel emasculated hearing about transgender male to female kids?
Why are you attacking him?

Why are you being so mean to him?

Why are you such a bully?

I'm trying to understand why he is so personally threatened by the very idea of gender reassignment.

You read the article wrong. They recommend puberty delay just before puberty THEN gender changing hormones at 16.
What the hell??????

You repeat exactly what I said, to show that I am wrong?

:cuckoo:

What the fuck???? No really, what the fuck?

Is that your issue, Ernie? You somehow feel emasculated hearing about transgender male to female kids?

I'm trying to understand why he is so personally threatened by the very idea of gender reassignment.
By attacking him?

By being mean to him?

By bullying him?

And, you are doing it again. Before you assume he is personally threatened, you better make sure he actually is. Otherwise, you look like an ass.

I think any parent would want what's best for their child. This child wasn't even given a chance to BE a child, to discover his identity before his parents stole it away. The parents should be in jail, so should the doctor. This is child abuse, I can think of no other way to say it.

no child is "transgender" at 3 years old and no child deserves "hormone therapy" at 7 to make them become some other sex. Good grief, let him grow up before putting all those poisons in his body. How many of those "transgender" children Sky is talking about committed suicide? How many of them got cancer? How many of them had lifelong medical problems in addition to being sterile? Who has a right to make that decision for anyone? let alone, a child?

It is not unusual for a transgender person to know they are transgender as young as age 2 or 3.

These parent's are responsible for their child's well being. We don't get to make decisions for this family.

You don't know any transgender people. You don't know what it's like to be a parent of a transgender child.

Stop being so judgmental. My point is with a transgender kid, "one size fits all" solutions don't work. This has to be taken on a case by case basis.

You presume these parents are irresponsible, and some posters here think that's because they are lesbian. That's bull.

I don't care what the case is, you don't do hormone therapy on a CHILD!!!! Especially not because you think the child wants to be of the opposite sex. That's not a decision to be taken lightly, nor are the consequences. You think it's tough being a transgender child? Try being a normal child who's parents think you are transgender because you decided you'd rather be a boy than a girl when you were 3?

I would hate to think where I'd be now with thinking like that when I was a kid.

Of course the upside is, I wouldn't have 2 autistic kids, then again, the downside is, I wouldn't have 2 autistic kids, I wouldn't have ANY kids. Probably would have killed myself by now too.

They want to delay puberty sheila. That's all. The gender reassignment starts after puberty. This buys the family some time.

Of course, it's not a decision to make lightly. My point is to counter the OP idea that the parents of this child are irresponsible just because they are lesbian.

If it were my kid, I don't what I'd do. It's a very tough call.

Your presumption is that the parents are forcing this child to do something he doesn't want to do. That's wrong. The child has been cross dressing for eight years and his first signing message to his parents before he could even speak was "I am a girl".

I am shocked beyond belief at the intolerance on this thread to lesbian parents. As it you all had any experience with a child like this.

Last edited:

They want to delay puberty sheila. That's all. The gender reassignment starts after puberty. This buys the family some time.

Of course, it's not a decision to make lightly. My point is to counter the OP idea that the parents of this child are irresponsible just because they are lesbian.

If it were my kid, I don't what I'd do. It's a very tough call.

Your presumption is that the parents are forcing this child to do something he doesn't want to do. That's wrong. The child has been cross dressing for eight years and his first signing message to his parents before he could even speak was "I am a girl".

I am shocked beyond belief at the intolerance on this thread to lesbian parents. As it you all had any experience with a child like this.
She made no such presumption.

Try reading her post again.

Using Sky's argument, children should be able to consent to having sex.

And Muslims should have every right to preform female circumcisions on their daughters.

There you go deciding what I think again. Stop deflecting and answer my question.

"And Muslims should have every right to preform female circumcisions on their daughters?"

the problem is these parents regardless of sexual orientation ...have not done the best for their child....or they would re enforce his natural gender....i do not see anyone making a life changing decision under the age of 18.....why do you see this as natural sky?

These parents are attempting to do what is right for their child. My point is that this is a complex decision, and it is one that must be made on a case by case basis.

The fact that all of you assume these parents are irresponsible tells me how little you know about lesbians or transgender people.

The option to use puberty delaying hormones is controversial. My point is that in some cases, it may be appropriate.

I cannot say for certain whether the parents are making the right call or not, I'm saying they are motivated to make this decision out of love for their child, and no other reason. The rest of you assume these parents are child abusers. I do not.

If a transgender person waits until after puberty to start transitioning there are negative consequences, too.

So if you have a little boy and he says "I'm a girl" at age 3, you are going to start hormone therapy when he's 7? You are going to wreck his physical body and his chances of becoming a man because of something stupid he said when he was 3 and again at 7?

You are more concerned about these parents than you are their child. Would you feel the same way if these parents were heterosexual?

Doesn't matter what the consequences are when they wait until they are 18 to start transition, it's physically better for them than going through those changes when they are too young to make the decision. On the bright side, think of the lawsuit this kid is setting that doctor up for...I wonder if he'll sue his parents too, or if they will be in on the lawsuit with the doctor?

A pediatric endocrinologist can administer treatment to delay puberty, giving the patient the time to make a permanent decision later in their teens.

"The body is in a state of 'pubertal limbo' while the patient undergoes psychological assessment to determine the best course of action," Dr. Spack said. "Their bodies can't run away from them."

During this window of opportunity patients are subject to psychological evaluation. With puberty delayed, the patient's medical team has the appropriate amount of time to make the proper diagnosis of the patient.

"We are no longer rushing to beat the patient's biological clock," Dr. Spack said. "With time to make the right diagnosis, it's best for the patient."

Key to Successful Treatment of Transgender Patients May Involve Delay of Puberty -- BOSTON, April 24 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --

The puberty delaying hormones are given prior to puberty. At age 16, the gender changing hormones are administered.

She can't speak to my point. Simple as that.

I have spoken to your point. Your point is that lesbians are inadequate parents. That's wrong. You think this little boy's penis is endangered around lesbians, when what is going on, is that these parents have agonized over how to help their child, and have come to decide to delay puberty.

Last edited:
A pediatric endocrinologist can administer treatment to delay puberty, giving the patient the time to make a permanent decision later in their teens.

"The body is in a state of 'pubertal limbo' while the patient undergoes psychological assessment to determine the best course of action," Dr. Spack said. "Their bodies can't run away from them."

During this window of opportunity patients are subject to psychological evaluation. With puberty delayed, the patient's medical team has the appropriate amount of time to make the proper diagnosis of the patient.

"We are no longer rushing to beat the patient's biological clock," Dr. Spack said. "With time to make the right diagnosis, it's best for the patient."

Key to Successful Treatment of Transgender Patients May Involve Delay of Puberty -- BOSTON, April 24 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --

The puberty delaying hormones are given prior to puberty. At age 16, the gender changing hormones are administered.

Cancer causing hormones injected in children too young to know what they really want.

GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD! I am NOT personally threatened, by anything or anyone, especially you, you twit! I am thinking of what is best for the child in the long term.

Forum List

Back