Little girl stands firm in face of street preacher's homophobic rant

It appears that this little girl is the sane rational one of the two, with the bitterness and ugliness coming from the preacher who hides his bigotry behind the Bible.

I agree, and why would someone expose an innocent 6-year-old to such things? To help with an agenda, which is why she is being used as a pawn. You know, little kids take things like that man was saying to her to heart. They believe adults and think adults are all knowledgeable.
You might be over thinking this. Chances are better for a completely innocent reason she was taken to ComFest. Judging strictly from the video and not taking a political agenda on as baggage, I'd assume that the little girl was at the parade and enjoying herself. Then the concerned Christian encountered her as he marched too.

She is a most remarkable child. A haranguing from a grownup could have driven her to tears. But she was brave and quick to make with the high fives.

The child was being used, most obviously. That is why, no one tried to stop this man or take the little girl away from this volatile situation and why they filmed it instead. One can clearly see what was important to the people there and it is despicable.
I disagree. For I see no obvious agenda at play here other than that of he obnoxious man saying scary things. If you see "obvious" exploitation at play anywhere, let's take another close look at the video. I'll be hard put to say anything is obvious but the 'concerned Christian'.

Hello? Did you watch the video. The child was being filmed as a crazy street preacher was yelling at her. Instead of removing the child from the volatile situation, people filmed it and used her as a pawn for their agenda. You do NOT expose your little baby girl to such things. It is WRONG. Also, nobody knows what this man is capable of doing. It is disgusting to use a child in such a manner, and I am finding more and more things about the gay movement that I just cannot support with good conscience.
It was not a gay rally. It had nothing to do with the gay movement. It was a fucking community festival. What a stupid fuck you are.

I disagree, chrisL. Some children are extremely astute, and most know a hell of a lot more than adults think. In my case, for example, I was told that my father had died in an accident when I was in the 2nd grade. i knew that it was a lie, and suspected that it was suicide. I was right.

The child, in this case is learning passive resistance to bigoted people, and screaming hate filled people. It is a useful lesson. And you can bet that she had been educated by her parents. She is obviously at a gay pride parade, and wearing a rainbow skirt. At that age, she is likely to see worse at church, if she had different parents..

No they don't know "more" than adults.

No she isn't learning anything. She isn't old enough to understand what any of these people are fighting about. It is wrong to expose your child to these types of things. She is being used and that is all.
To use and expose children to sin I think is an unforgivable thing or a sin being committed.... The Bible says somewhere in it that if these little ones are taught to sin, then it would be best that the ones who have taught them such a thing, might just as well tie a talent around their necks, and to then sink themselves to the bottom of the ocean/sea. To look into the face of a small child whom is still yet innocent of this world, is to look straight into the face of God himself.

It's been a while, but I'm sure the verses can be looked up and found again. I think people are definitely playing with fire these days, because they are using the children now to advance their wicked ways in such a way now, that to have the little ones exposed from a young age to become knowledgeable of these things as if they are OK when in fact it is not OK, and shockingly the adults know this but don't care anymore.
Are you directly involved in the raising of this particular child? Would you appreciate someone advising you and your wife on the raising of your child?

Is sin and the perception of it up to you? Would you appreciate someone who is apparently better versed (no pun intended) in Biblical admonisthitions against sin?

Walk a mile in her parent's clogs before you cast judgment. There's something in the Bible about that.

This is a discussion board. We are discussing how adults allowed this child to be verbally abused and did absolutely nothing to stop it but filmed it for an agenda instead.

Preachers yell at kids all the time. Suddenly you care about children getting yelled at by preachers. Why is that?

This is not the point, Carla. Stop being stupid. The point is that the parents failed to protect their child from a crazy and verbally abusive person.

And you blame the parents instead of the hate filled preacher?

Why would I BLAME a crazy man for being crazy? I blame the parents because they should have removed the child from the volatile situation. That is their JOB as parents. Not to use the little girl for an agenda. Really, this is quite a simple concept. If you can't understand that, then IMO you've got no business being a parent.
It was a fucking street fair where gay people went with their families. If a bunch of new nazis showed up at a fair at a synagogue, you would blame the parents for taking their children there because you never know when a nazi might show up? This kid has more class and more courage to stand up for what is right than you, an adult, has. It was not a political rally. Look at the tents in the background. Are gay families required to stay home so their kids are not exposed to homophobic bigots? What if they happen to tune fo Fox News? They are likely to hear the same bigotry there. They may even happen upon a republican presidential debate and are certain to hear hatred directed at their parents. This kid learned that bigots cannot hurt her and that all she needs to do is greet their hate with love and tolerance.b too bad your kids don't have a parent like that.

It IS a political rally to celebrate and promote an AGENDA. These parents should have removed the child from the situation. She didn't learn anything. She probably doesn't even know what a "bigot" is.
No, you fucking moron, it was not a political rally. How hard is it for folks like you to educate yourself about the facts before spouting off and demonstrating your stupidity. It was community festival. One going on for over forty years. Music and art and exhibits. Face painting for kids. Nothing about it had anything to do with gay pride or politics.

It WAS political to celebrate the SC ruling. YOU are the fucking moron here, advocating using children for your cause. No excuses.

No more caffeine for YOU.......

I agree, and why would someone expose an innocent 6-year-old to such things? To help with an agenda, which is why she is being used as a pawn. You know, little kids take things like that man was saying to her to heart. They believe adults and think adults are all knowledgeable.
You might be over thinking this. Chances are better for a completely innocent reason she was taken to ComFest. Judging strictly from the video and not taking a political agenda on as baggage, I'd assume that the little girl was at the parade and enjoying herself. Then the concerned Christian encountered her as he marched too.

She is a most remarkable child. A haranguing from a grownup could have driven her to tears. But she was brave and quick to make with the high fives.

The child was being used, most obviously. That is why, no one tried to stop this man or take the little girl away from this volatile situation and why they filmed it instead. One can clearly see what was important to the people there and it is despicable.
I disagree. For I see no obvious agenda at play here other than that of he obnoxious man saying scary things. If you see "obvious" exploitation at play anywhere, let's take another close look at the video. I'll be hard put to say anything is obvious but the 'concerned Christian'.

Hello? Did you watch the video. The child was being filmed as a crazy street preacher was yelling at her. Instead of removing the child from the volatile situation, people filmed it and used her as a pawn for their agenda. You do NOT expose your little baby girl to such things. It is WRONG. Also, nobody knows what this man is capable of doing. It is disgusting to use a child in such a manner, and I am finding more and more things about the gay movement that I just cannot support with good conscience.

..and there we have it......

Yup. Go to my profile and look at all the posts I've made supporting your cause. I was a good ally but no more if you are going to advocate using children.

Raising children is not a GAME. It is serious fucking business.

And you blame the parents instead of the hate filled preacher?

Why would I BLAME a crazy man for being crazy? I blame the parents because they should have removed the child from the volatile situation. That is their JOB as parents. Not to use the little girl for an agenda. Really, this is quite a simple concept. If you can't understand that, then IMO you've got no business being a parent.
It was a fucking street fair where gay people went with their families. If a bunch of new nazis showed up at a fair at a synagogue, you would blame the parents for taking their children there because you never know when a nazi might show up? This kid has more class and more courage to stand up for what is right than you, an adult, has. It was not a political rally. Look at the tents in the background. Are gay families required to stay home so their kids are not exposed to homophobic bigots? What if they happen to tune fo Fox News? They are likely to hear the same bigotry there. They may even happen upon a republican presidential debate and are certain to hear hatred directed at their parents. This kid learned that bigots cannot hurt her and that all she needs to do is greet their hate with love and tolerance.b too bad your kids don't have a parent like that.

It IS a political rally to celebrate and promote an AGENDA. These parents should have removed the child from the situation. She didn't learn anything. She probably doesn't even know what a "bigot" is.
No, you fucking moron, it was not a political rally. How hard is it for folks like you to educate yourself about the facts before spouting off and demonstrating your stupidity. It was community festival. One going on for over forty years. Music and art and exhibits. Face painting for kids. Nothing about it had anything to do with gay pride or politics.

It WAS political to celebrate the SC ruling. YOU are the fucking moron here, advocating using children for your cause. No excuses.
No it was not, silly stupid fuck. It was at Comfest in Columbus Ohio. That is in the article you are commenting about but did not bother to read. This is what Comfest is: "ComFest is a large, free, non-corporate, music and arts annual festival currently held each June at Goodale Park in the Victorian Village area of Columbus, Ohio. The festival bills itself as "The Party with a Purpose". To accomplish this goal, the festival relies on community members to work together in the planning and operation of the festival serving on committees and work teams including clean-up and recycling, safety and first aid, entertainment, street fair, and the "World Peace Rocks Forever Committee". Now, please, shut up.

No more caffeine for YOU.......

Fuck you. I'll drink all the caffeine I want.

No it was not, silly stupid fuck. It was at Comfest in Columbus Ohio. That is in the article you are commenting about but did not bother to read. This is what Comfest is: "ComFest is a large, free, non-corporate, music and arts annual festival currently held each June at Goodale Park in the Victorian Village area of Columbus, Ohio. The festival bills itself as "The Party with a Purpose". To accomplish this goal, the festival relies on community members to work together in the planning and operation of the festival serving on committees and work teams including clean-up and recycling, safety and first aid, entertainment, street fair, and the "World Peace Rocks Forever Committee". Now, please, shut up.

And the homosexuals were there to celebrate. Stop being dishonest, you asshole. Stop trying to use children for your cause. It is despicable.

Yup. Go to my profile and look at all the posts I've made supporting your cause. I was a good ally but no more if you are going to advocate using children.

No one was using a child. Frankly, you are the piece of shit exploiting this child by lying about why that child was there; falsely claiming it was some political rally when it was a community festival.

To use and expose children to sin I think is an unforgivable thing or a sin being committed.... The Bible says somewhere in it that if these little ones are taught to sin, then it would be best that the ones who have taught them such a thing, might just as well tie a talent around their necks, and to then sink themselves to the bottom of the ocean/sea. To look into the face of a small child whom is still yet innocent of this world, is to look straight into the face of God himself.

It's been a while, but I'm sure the verses can be looked up and found again. I think people are definitely playing with fire these days, because they are using the children now to advance their wicked ways in such a way now, that to have the little ones exposed from a young age to become knowledgeable of these things as if they are OK when in fact it is not OK, and shockingly the adults know this but don't care anymore.
Are you directly involved in the raising of this particular child? Would you appreciate someone advising you and your wife on the raising of your child?

Is sin and the perception of it up to you? Would you appreciate someone who is apparently better versed (no pun intended) in Biblical admonisthitions against sin?

Walk a mile in her parent's clogs before you cast judgment. There's something in the Bible about that.

This is a discussion board. We are discussing how adults allowed this child to be verbally abused and did absolutely nothing to stop it but filmed it for an agenda instead.
When I watched the video I saw the child on the front line while the adults stood behind her. Now who put the child up to this is the question that needs to be answered. This child should be playing hopscotch and swinging with her friends in a playground somewhere, and not tied up in something that she is to young to understand or to partake in. Was the child being used as a human shield so to speak ? Is this now the order of the day in these events now ? I think it best to leave the children out of all of this don't you all ?
When you take your children to a parade, do you stand in front of them, or do you put them in front of you so they could have a good view and it's easier to keep and eye on them?

If you are going to use children in this way, then I no longer support the gay movement for equal rights.

LOL!

No one was using a child. Frankly, you are the piece of shit exploiting this child by lying about why that child was there; falsely claiming it was some political rally when it was a community festival.

Yes they did use a child. That is exactly the reason why, instead of removing the child, they filmed it. Disgusting, and you aren't any better. Maybe even worse.

Carla, I think that we can officially take Chris off of our donations request data base....

When I watched the video I saw the child on the front line while the adults stood behind her. Now who put the child up to this is the question that needs to be answered. This child should be playing hopscotch and swinging with her friends in a playground somewhere, and not tied up in something that she is to young to understand or to partake in. Was the child being used as a human shield so to speak ? Is this now the order of the day in these events now ? I think it best to leave the children out of all of this don't you all ?
When you take your children to a parade, do you stand in front of them, or do you put them in front of you so they could have a good view and it's easier to keep and eye on them?

If you are going to use children in this way, then I no longer support the gay movement for equal rights.

LOL!

Yup, I'm moving to the other side now. I cannot advocate using children in this way because it is wrong.

No they don't know "more" than adults.

No she isn't learning anything. She isn't old enough to understand what any of these people are fighting about. It is wrong to expose your child to these types of things. She is being used and that is all.

Preachers yell at kids all the time. Suddenly you care about children getting yelled at by preachers. Why is that?

This is not the point, Carla. Stop being stupid. The point is that the parents failed to protect their child from a crazy and verbally abusive person.

And it happens every Sunday...

And the homosexuals were there to celebrate. Stop being dishonest, you asshole. Stop trying to use children for your cause. It is despicable.
So, even after being shown that it was a community festival for all of Columbus, you are going to continue to lie and claim it was some sort of rally? Why? Because she was holding a rainbow flag? You lie about what the video shows and you lie about your " support" for marriage equality.

So, even after being shown that it was a community festival for all of Columbus, you are going to continue to lie and claim it was some sort of rally? Why? Because she was holding a rainbow flag? You slow about what the video shows and you lie about your " support" for marriage equality.

Why was she waving a rainbow flag, you idiot? Man you people are so . . . nuts.

LOL!

Yup, I'm moving to the other side now. I cannot advocate using children in this way because it is wrong.

Like you were middle of the road before? LOL!

Carla, I think that we can officially take Chris off of our donations request data base....

Yup, you can. I find you despicable and a rotten person.
And what would you call someone who spent two days complaining about a kid being taken to a gay rights rally when that was a lie?

They probably gave her the flag and sent her over there to wave it and instigate the crazy man.

Forum List

Back