Little Mermaid White Again - Left Goes Crazy - RACE SWAPPING!

They falsely assume they can make whatever movie they wish. Race swap,gender swap whatever character they choose and they will gain a new audience while retaining the old one. They are slowly learning that it doesnt work that way…

There is no rulebook that says a mermaid is white.

Must be why the new and “ improved “ Ariel has absolutely no motivation for wanting to live on the surface.

Disney just wants you to watch because she is black. Zzzzz.

I suppose they told you that. See the movie and annoy a Nazi.

Chinese Disney Fans Decry Black ‘Little Mermaid’ Casting​

In an online poll conducted by Chinese entertainment platform Sina Movie, over 60,000 respondents had signaled their displeasure over singer Halle Bailey playing the mermaid Ariel as of Thursday evening, while only about 5,000 approved of her being tapped for the part.

A online poll is not scientific. Probably 10,000 voted 6 times.

What's so wrong with keeping a character as it was originally designed and written as?

If something is popular enough to get a remake or live action version of why would you change it too much? Add in back story for side characters, improve dialogue that might have been clunky, make it visually more interesting but why change the fundamental parts of it?

But in the end it's about esg scores.

This guy explains how esg scores are changing companies. It takes a minute or two before he gets into it.

Who says a mermaid has to be white? There has been no live action movie for the Little Mermaid. You are a idiot.

Actually it does, these moronic moves lose a ton of money. Sooner or later sanity will return, and companies will remember that they exist for profit, not PC politics.

You people will help them make a lot of money. I will see it to see what the fuss is about.

great. we'll redo fat albert, the jeffersons, sanford and son with white people.

Fat Albert ~ Welcome Back Kotter?

The Jeffersons ~ The Beverly Hillbillies?

Sanford and Son ~ Chico and the Man?

The point is, you can find examples like the ones above if you look. And yes, I know that The Beverly Hillbillies came first. You get the point though, yes? The shows are similar, they've been remaking shows to appeal to particular audiences for a long time now...

Yes, this is a hurtful topic.

Currently, the majority of Americans are Asian or Caucasian or Hispanic or Native American.

And they prefer to see Caucasian actors in movies & on TV.

Sure, they are delighted that there are some roles for their African American fellow Americans.

But they prefer the key roles in most movies and TV shows to be Caucasian.

Why?

I guess that most Asians and Caucasians and Hispanics and Native Americans can identify more readily with Caucasians than with African Americans.

(That's why "Friends" was such a huge success. Those roles in that series were Caucasian-oriented. The way those actors conducted themselves and spoke were part of Caucasian culture. Having African American actors speaking those same words and behaving in the same humorous manner would have been absurd. African Americans have their own culture, and that's fine. But do not try to shoehorn African Americans into roles that are suitable only for Caucasians.)

videos talking about it are being removed and twitter is of course, banning those who would post such an atrocity. but what is so damn funny is all the whining about "race swapping" when that is exactly what disney did to begin with.

now you can and on the left will argue DISNEY CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT and save their rage for the truly problematic bakers who won't make cakes for a gay wedding. apparently they CAN'T do what they want.

amazing to me the problems that get our focus today.
Disney does have the copyright.

Fat Albert ~ Welcome Back Kotter?

The Jeffersons ~ The Beverly Hillbillies?

Sanford and Son ~ Chico and the Man?

The point is, you can find examples like the ones above if you look. And yes, I know that The Beverly Hillbillies came first. You get the point though, yes? The shows are similar, they've been remaking shows to appeal to particular audiences for a long time now...
Those are different shows and characters. Who cares?

But when you have to redo an exact movie and change a guy to a woman and white to black it's bullshit.

Just create a new character.

For the life of me, I can’t figure out why grown men would care this much about the race of an animated and fictional character.

For the life of me, I can’t figure out why grown men would care this much about the race of an animated and fictional character.
FpvrB1d.jpg

That is the stupidest thing that I have ever seen. What history?
The story of the Little Mermaid was written in 1837 by Hans Christian Anderson. In Denmark. How many blacks were in Denmark in 1837? At least try to know something....

Forum List

Back