Lloyd Austin is a disgrace to America…

He shut down the embassy in kabul though the taliban had offered to let them keep open....which was a big mistake because in such a time of chaos it could have been of great help to stranded Americans.

He is absolutely worthless...in way over his head but oh he has the right skin color.
Very true...it's as if he wanted to make it harder on purpose

Defend Trump from what?

What lies? Of course they surrendered....hahah airlifted everyone that wants to go? who told you that?

hahah Xiden even left his own former aid behind who was begging for help: WSJ News Exclusive | Afghan Interpreter Who Helped Rescue Biden in 2008 Left Behind After U.S. Exit

Mohammed, stranded in Afghanistan and hiding from the Taliban, makes a White House appeal: ‘Don’t forget me here’​

White House press secretary Jen Psaki thanked the interpreter for his service Tuesday and said the U.S. remains committed to getting Afghan allies out of the country. “We will get you out,” Ms. Psaki said after a Wall Street Journal reporter read Mohammed’s message to the president. “We will honor your service.”

Mohammed was a 36-year-old interpreter for the U.S. Army in 2008 when two U.S. Army Black Hawk helicopters made an emergency landing in Afghanistan during a blinding snowstorm, according to Army veterans who worked with him at the time. On board were three U.S. senators: Mr. Biden (D., Del.), John Kerry (D., Mass.) and Chuck Hagel (R., Neb.).

I saw an interview on tv about 4-5 days ago by one of the Afghan Americans who don't want to leave. They said they had no problems with the Taliban. So who knows? I had the impression they were in social work..

If they change their minds and want to leave Biden will get them out.
Then you should have no problem providing some evidence.

Stop with your silly lies. They didn't surrender to terrorists and they have airlifted everyone out who wants to go.

What do these lies do for you? Is it just your way to attack Biden and defend Trump?

Yeah, they surrendered to the taliban who are terrorists. This admin wallows in their filth.

Oh stop with your silly lies. There are less than 200 Americans left in Afghanistan and they aren't sure they want to leave. Are you upset because he is a BLACK 4 star general?
I'm not sure why the thread is about Austin. Congress waived the requirement for his lengthy of time for separation from the military. He was confirmed with 93 yeas. I have no idea if he's a good sec of defense, nor does anyone else on the board. Whatever he would like to have done concerning the withdrawl, it's clear Biden limited troop levels, and that limited what the US had the capacity to do. Same goes for Miley.

At some point, the Taliban will let everyone go, or not. We'll see. the 200 figure seems to be about right, according to the NYT, but I'm not sure who knows, really. The Taliban need intl support to govern, and Afghan seems unlikely to feed itself.

Biden didn't foresee the Afghan Army folding so fast. Neither did the Taliban. Biden doesn't appear to have issued any warning to people to get out by a certain date, and he owns that.

I'm not sure why the thread is about Austin. Congress waived the requirement for his lengthy of time for separation from the military. He was confirmed with 93 yeas. I have no idea if he's a good sec of defense, nor does anyone else on the board. Whatever he would like to have done concerning the withdrawl, it's clear Biden limited troop levels, and that limited what the US had the capacity to do. Same goes for Miley.

At some point, the Taliban will let everyone go, or not. We'll see. the 200 figure seems to be about right, according to the NYT, but I'm not sure who knows, really. The Taliban need intl support to govern, and Afghan seems unlikely to feed itself.

Biden didn't foresee the Afghan Army folding so fast. Neither did the Taliban. Biden doesn't appear to have issued any warning to people to get out by a certain date, and he owns that.

Don't you think the American civilians in country knew about Trump's meeting with the Taliban in Doha? Why didn't most of them pull out then?

White House press secretary Jen Psaki thanked the interpreter for his service Tuesday and said the U.S. remains committed to getting Afghan allies out of the country. “We will get you out,” Ms. Psaki said after a Wall Street Journal reporter read Mohammed’s message to the president. “We will honor your service.”

Mohammed was a 36-year-old interpreter for the U.S. Army in 2008 when two U.S. Army Black Hawk helicopters made an emergency landing in Afghanistan during a blinding snowstorm, according to Army veterans who worked with him at the time. On board were three U.S. senators: Mr. Biden (D., Del.), John Kerry (D., Mass.) and Chuck Hagel (R., Neb.).
so when you said they airlifted everyone that wanted to go…you acknowledge that was just a lie?

because obviously that’s completely untrue…and folks are left with a President, who’s already left them, and already caught lying repeatedly about this blunder, telling them not to worry…we will come get you…sometime…

We've been there the second time for 20 years. We lost, idiot. Time to leave and stop the bleeding.
I'm not sure we "lost." We lost if the goal was to nation build. We may not have lost if the goal was to stop Afghan from being a terrorist training ground and safe haven.

People here, and in Europe, say we lost "credibility." But Nixon and Kissinger made the same argument, and nothing really changed. The Soviets expanded in Africa and people died. On the other hand we had more money to buy better equipment, and stealth, the F-15 and the M-1 tank. Reagan built a big navy .... never really sure why, though. The Soviets fell.

I'm not sure we "lost." We lost if the goal was to nation build. We may not have lost if the goal was to stop Afghan from being a terrorist training ground and safe haven.

People here, and in Europe, say we lost "credibility." But Nixon and Kissinger made the same argument, and nothing really changed. The Soviets expanded in Africa and people died. On the other hand we had more money to buy better equipment, and stealth, the F-15 and the M-1 tank. Reagan built a big navy .... never really sure why, though. The Soviets fell.
agreed we didn’t lose Xiden and his demabons surrendered to terrorist.

we haven’t lost the war on terror yet, but certainly lost a lot of ground we had gained…thanks xiden

why didn’t we? because it wasn’t safe to. Duh!

much like now…but Talibiden wanted to try a poltical stunt on the 20th anny of 9/11….it backfired…badly
Why didn't everyone pack up and leave sometime between Trump's Doha deal with the Taliban in early 2020 and roughly July 4, 2021? I'm agreeing with those who say Biden and his advisors should have known the Afghan army would fold faster than a nomad tent, but Surada has a decent question .... how did these 200 or so people with dual Afghan US citizenship miss that boat?

Imo that could be seen as "on them" but then again imo the US govt does have a duty to say ..... you're on your own as of [date]. And that's on Biden. imo

agreed we didn’t lose Xiden and his demabons surrendered to terrorist.

we haven’t lost the war on terror yet, but certainly lost a lot of ground we had gained…thanks xiden
I'm not so sure. They promised Trump they wouldn't be a terrorist safe haven. And I really never understood why Obama didn't pull out the troops after his re-election and OBL's death, and just have lots of flyover from friendly and scenic bases in Uzbekistan

Why didn't everyone pack up and leave sometime between Trump's Doha deal with the Taliban in early 2020 and roughly July 4, 2021? I'm agreeing with those who say Biden and his advisors should have known the Afghan army would fold faster than a nomad tent, but Surada has a decent question .... how did these 200 or so people with dual Afghan US citizenship miss that boat?

Imo that could be seen as "on them" but then again imo the US govt does have a duty to say ..... you're on your own as of [date]. And that's on Biden. imo
because it wasn’t safe to pull out. That’s why we didn’t

To begin with his appointment was a violation of our long standing tradition of civilian control of the military.

The worst thing about him is that he has focused on racial politics instead of doing his best as secretary of defense to defend America.

EVERYONE in Bloody Joe's administration is a disgrace to America. These are garbage people through and through.

To begin with his appointment was a violation of our long standing tradition of civilian control of the military.

The worst thing about him is that he has focused on racial politics instead of doing his best as secretary of defense to defend America.

Trump did the same thing. Are you saying Trump violated tradition as well?

There is no evidence to support that. Typical right wing racial politics.

Forum List

Back