Lockdowns Did Not Work

Maybe there are several reasons for the widely varying impacts of the virus across different countries, states, cities and towns. Maybe we should focus on why that is and stop pushing the one size fits all solution.

Viruses only spread via one reason. Contact. They don't appear out of thin air. They don't land on your body from nowhere. Contact, contact, contact. That is the only reason they spread. If you don't have contact you don't get it. End of story.

Sorry, but that isn't exactly true. While this virus can be spread by direct contact, it can ALSO be spread by the air. This virus has the ability to stay in the air for a long time.
Should have been more clear. Yeah, I agree. You have to be in the vicinity for sure.

I've never heard of that being an issue. Sounds more like something you've thought about and think is an issue. Air is not tangible. It goes right through a mask. What a mask does is act like a filter of tangible particles. Not all particles can be stopped by a mask, but a lot can. Think of it as a filter...

You're right, not all particles can be stopped by a mask. But, you also musts remember that what a mask is made of is just as important as the mask itself. Cloth will only filter down to 10 - 5 microns, and that is if it is a dense weave. The size of the virus is 0.1 microns in size.

Kleenex will not only filter down to 0.1 microns, but it also carries a static charge that attracts viruses like a magnet and they stick to it. But, Kleenex is too fragile to make into a mask.

Paper towels will filter down to 0.3 microns (same as most commercial bought masks), and are sturdy enough to make into single use masks.

So, use a paper towel folded like a mask, and place a couple of layers of Kleenex behind it. Seal the sides with masking tape, and use twine for ear holders. One roll of paper towels and a box of Kleenex will make a lot of masks.

Like I said, not only does it matter that you have a mask, but it also matters a HUGE amount what it is made of.

It did what it was supposed to do, which is put a chink in The President's armor, tested martial law, destroyed small independent businesses, threaten the food chain, bankrupt the country and may be the beginnings of a global famine in the making.

And all this for nothing more than the flu, really,

So why are the healthy people being ordered to stay at home?

1. You don't know whether you are healthy or not since we have no widespread testing 2. If you have it but are asymptomatic, you can spread to others or even kill grandma 3. Nobody is "ordering" you to stay at home - You can go for a drive, go grocery shopping .. even to the hardware store and 4. Have you injected your daily disinfectant yet?

I do know I am healthy.
I don't have it, so I can't spread it.
If I am not allowed to go to my second home, or to visit my neighbor, or go on a lake... yes, I am ordered to stay at home.
Of course I did. That's why I am healthy.

If you haven't been tested, then you have NO idea whether you have C-19
You're in Michigan? Okay, I'm in a lock down state too - Oregon.
I was on my beach four times last week. Nobody told me to go home.
And nobody is telling me I can't walk my dog wherever I damn please.
Now please stop being a whiny Trumpflake.

1io5i0.jpg

Who's whining?

Look at the circus you lefties created. And for what?

Because you lost 2016 elections. Grow up, get over it, if not, you'll have around for and half years to get used to it.

So you are saying that I have an equal chance of catching the virus if I'm at home alone or if I'm in a packed football stadium? :eusa_think:

He’s saying you have an equal chance in a locked down state as with a free state
You will get this virus wherever you are. The whole point of locking down was to slow how fast it spread so that our hospitals were not overwhelmed with a massive influx. IT WORKED. Once we hit about 25% of the populace that has had and recovered from this virus we can slowly open up until it reaches around 40-50%. At that point you can open it totally up and run. The lock down served it purpose, now we have to slowly return to normal as people continue to get and recover from this virus.
Exactly.

Sheltering in home was not supposed to prevent you from ever getting the virus, was not supposed to do anything to control the virus, it was simply and only to reduce the initial impact we were going to have on hospitals and health care workers so that they were not overwhelmed.

Now we begin Phase 2, which is observing mitigation practices and get on with our lives.

Obviously if you are in the age group suseptible to this virus, and or you have these comorbidities, then you're going to have to be extra careful.

But the average American can observe mitigation practices and go about their lives until we find a vaccine.

Either we do this, or we destroy our nation from within.

SOOO .. Does "Getting on with our lives" mean going to salons, tattoo & massage parlors & restaurants at present?
Like SERIOUS?
Even your Donald told his puppet Govs in Texas, Florida and South Dakota NOT to do that!
You suffer from Corona idiocy

Yes.

Nobody but you, is responsible for your own safety. If you disagree, you are placing too much faith in nanny state. In other words, government is not responsible for your well being and safety. If you don't want to go to restaurants, that's fine, you're free to chose so. But insisting that everyone else does it, because you don't wanna go, is idiotic.

The well being and safety of the American people is JOB ONE of the fucking government you ignoramus.

Did you read the link you posted?

Show anywhere that says that government is responsible for your personal well being and safety?

And when they say "government" they always mean "federal government". Thats the holy grail for them.

That's their daddy. And right now, daddy isn't giving them what they want, so they're banging their heads of the walls.

Maybe there are several reasons for the widely varying impacts of the virus across different countries, states, cities and towns. Maybe we should focus on why that is and stop pushing the one size fits all solution.

Viruses only spread via one reason. Contact. They don't appear out of thin air. They don't land on your body from nowhere. Contact, contact, contact. That is the only reason they spread. If you don't have contact you don't get it. End of story.

1575500963323.jpg

Sorry, but that isn't exactly true. While this virus can be spread by direct contact, it can ALSO be spread by the air. This virus has the ability to stay in the air for a long time.
Should have been more clear. Yeah, I agree. You have to be in the vicinity for sure.

More clear? No dummy, you were dead wrong, but you can't admit it, can ya?

No, when your statement says "only spread via one reason" you are excluding every other way of spreading.

Are you posting what everybody already knows?
That Grump is a moron?

More clear? No dummy, you were dead wrong, but you can't admit it, can ya?

No, when your statement says "only spread via one reason" you are excluding every other way of spreading.

No. I was wrong. I forgot about the hang time. But contact is the main reason. There is a reason NZ and Australia have 3/4 deaths per million and the US 150+ per million. It was called lockdown. What? Let me guess, you think it was just pure luck, right?

That Grump is a moron?

And yet, you make me look like Einstein. Go figure...

That Grump is a moron?

And yet, you make me look like Einstein. Go figure...
I can't resist...
You look like Einstein...I wouldn't brag about that.

So why are the healthy people being ordered to stay at home?

1. You don't know whether you are healthy or not since we have no widespread testing 2. If you have it but are asymptomatic, you can spread to others or even kill grandma 3. Nobody is "ordering" you to stay at home - You can go for a drive, go grocery shopping .. even to the hardware store and 4. Have you injected your daily disinfectant yet?
Have you pre-selected your fraction of a second of a Trump statement today?
Do you realize that the dumber you Libs sound the more people will vote for Trump?

Wow. Dig Bubble Logic :cuckoo:

Quick question...................if Trump is handling the virus problem so well, why is it that the US has 1/3 of the COVID 19 infections world wide? We don't have 1/3 of the worlds population.

To be exact we have four and a quarter percent. About one seventh of one-third.

Forum List

Back