Lockdowns Did Not Work

This is science NOT opinion.

The most basic way to test this thesis is by direct comparison. As of 6 April, seven US states had not adopted shelter-in place orders and their stats are in line with those that did even when adjusting for population density.

Open the country!

Nope, it's a strawman trying to prove a negative.

I have zero cases of coronavirus in my county with strict distancing/closing etc measures in place.

PROVE I would still have had zero without them.

/thread
Prove you would not have zero if you pranced around like you would normally.

I don't need to. I'm not the one claiming an absolute here.

Again --- /thread
Show me your doctorate in math and or science. Otherwise STFU.

Show me your proof of your negative and win a Nobel for being the first.

Demonstrating the flaw in your premise is neither "math" nor "science". It's logic.

isn't it 'noble'? donny thinks so. naw -- i forgot; that's for journalism. :heehee:

carry on.

He think government exists to hold his hand and make sure he doesn't hurt himself.

So tell us Ame®icono Hamilton - What IS the purpose of government if not the health and safety of it's people?

Who said anything about people?

I was specific, government is not responsible for your well being and safety.

Do you know what "your" means? They don't have to hold "your hand, or make sure "that "you" don't hurt yourself, or to tuck you in your bed at night. It's your own, personal, or individual responsibility. The purpose of the government is written in the Constitution, that specify what they can and cannot do. The res is on you.

Moron.

Sorry pal, nobody is interested in "nanny states" or not taking personal responsibility.
The health and safety of its people is governments #1 job. Hard Stop - Ya MAGA-Moron.
"ALL ENEMIES FOREIGN & DOMESTIC"
Now go enroll yourself in a Civics or Government101 class - Pronto

Health being the governments number one job has no historical precedent. The common welfare idea is regarding freedom and military attacks either from without or within
You candy assed can’t take care of yourselves are now extending government out to being like a parent taking care of a child because we don’t know how to take care of ourselves .
So far I have found just 10 states that have it in their charter that the governor can act based on a health concern. We have No evidence that everyone is effected in an adverse way Other Than This Lockdown . War, weather related disasters and civil unrest permit the use of this sort of state power but 80% of states are exerting “legal” authority that they don’t have.

This is science NOT opinion.

The most basic way to test this thesis is by direct comparison. As of 6 April, seven US states had not adopted shelter-in place orders and their stats are in line with those that did even when adjusting for population density.

Open the country!

Nope, it's a strawman trying to prove a negative.

I have zero cases of coronavirus in my county with strict distancing/closing etc measures in place.

PROVE I would still have had zero without them.

/thread
Prove you would not have zero if you pranced around like you would normally.

I don't need to. I'm not the one claiming an absolute here.

Again --- /thread
Show me your doctorate in math and or science. Otherwise STFU.

Show me your proof of your negative and win a Nobel for being the first.

Demonstrating the flaw in your premise is neither "math" nor "science". It's logic.
You have it backwards.

Uh, no I don't. Read your own OP, and I quote the link therein:

"Comparing US states shows there is no relationship between lockdowns and lower Covid-19 deaths."

WRONG. It shows no such negative.
Prove it does.

Your own thread title declares "lockdowns did not work". Prove they didn't.

Even the title of your link admits it's talking about empirical evidence. Which DOES NOT lead to the absolute negative conclusion.

Prove it does.
Read the article. I am not a mathematician or a scientist. Or ask them. LOL. Or post your credentials to question them.

Once AGAIN --- I don't need no steenking "credentials". All you have to do is READ IT.

You've got a fake subheadline and a fake thread title, NEITHER of which can be proved.

So why are the healthy people being ordered to stay at home?

1. You don't know whether you are healthy or not since we have no widespread testing 2. If you have it but are asymptomatic, you can spread to others or even kill grandma 3. Nobody is "ordering" you to stay at home - You can go for a drive, go grocery shopping .. even to the hardware store and 4. Have you injected your daily disinfectant yet?

I do know I am healthy.
I don't have it, so I can't spread it.
If I am not allowed to go to my second home, or to visit my neighbor, or go on a lake... yes, I am ordered to stay at home.
Of course I did. That's why I am healthy.

1. You don't know whether you are healthy or not since we have no widespread testing 2. If you have it but are asymptomatic, you can spread to others or even kill grandma 3. Nobody is "ordering" you to stay at home - You can go for a drive, go grocery shopping .. even to the hardware store and 4. Have you injected your daily disinfectant yet?

I do know I am healthy.
I don't have it, so I can't spread it.
If I am not allowed to go to my second home, or to visit my neighbor, or go on a lake... yes, I am ordered to stay at home.
Of course I did. That's why I am healthy.

If you haven't been tested, then you have NO idea whether you have C-19
You're in Michigan? Okay, I'm in a lock down state too - Oregon.
I was on my beach four times last week. Nobody told me to go home.
And nobody is telling me I can't walk my dog wherever I damn please.
Now please stop being a whiny Trumpflake.

1io5i0.jpg

This is a free country. I do what I want, when I want, and where I want. Thank God I don't live in a sanctuary leftist shithole.

You live in Kansas City, which in every other thread is a "Democrat-controlled city".
Having it both ways in Dichotomy-Land: Priceless.
It is - but
1: I don't live in Kansas City
2: KC is not a sanctuary city
3. But I give you that KC is a democratic shithole.

In the old days masks were rare due to the caution of you were breathing right back in what you had just exhaled.
When did that get proven to be not an issue?
That's not as much of a problem with N95 masks because they have an intake valve that allows air to go in only one direction. Finding one is almost impossible because outlets are either donating or selling their stock to hospitals. Just one of the items the government should have stockpiled. If they had enough N95 masks for everyone, there would have been no need for business shutdowns nor stay at home orders.

Last edited:
In the old days masks were rare due to the caution of you were breathing right back in what you had just exhaled.
That's not as much of a problem with N95 masks because they have an intake valve that allows air to go in only one direction. Finding one is almost impossible.

Yeah, I couldn't even find a decent one on Amazon. Either sold out or reserved for state and federal orders only. N95's are nowhere to be found.

So you are saying that I have an equal chance of catching the virus if I'm at home alone or if I'm in a packed football stadium? :eusa_think:

He’s saying you have an equal chance in a locked down state as with a free state
You will get this virus wherever you are. The whole point of locking down was to slow how fast it spread so that our hospitals were not overwhelmed with a massive influx. IT WORKED. Once we hit about 25% of the populace that has had and recovered from this virus we can slowly open up until it reaches around 40-50%. At that point you can open it totally up and run. The lock down served it purpose, now we have to slowly return to normal as people continue to get and recover from this virus.
Exactly.

Sheltering in home was not supposed to prevent you from ever getting the virus, was not supposed to do anything to control the virus, it was simply and only to reduce the initial impact we were going to have on hospitals and health care workers so that they were not overwhelmed.

Now we begin Phase 2, which is observing mitigation practices and get on with our lives.

Obviously if you are in the age group suseptible to this virus, and or you have these comorbidities, then you're going to have to be extra careful.

But the average American can observe mitigation practices and go about their lives until we find a vaccine.

Either we do this, or we destroy our nation from within.

SOOO .. Does "Getting on with our lives" mean going to salons, tattoo & massage parlors & restaurants at present?
Like SERIOUS?
Even your Donald told his puppet Govs in Texas, Florida and South Dakota NOT to do that!
You suffer from Corona idiocy

Yes.

Nobody but you, is responsible for your own safety. If you disagree, you are placing too much faith in nanny state. In other words, government is not responsible for your well being and safety. If you don't want to go to restaurants, that's fine, you're free to chose so. But insisting that everyone else does it, because you don't wanna go, is idiotic.

The well being and safety of the American people is JOB ONE of the fucking government you ignoramus.

Did you read the link you posted?

Show anywhere that says that government is responsible for your personal well being and safety?

And when they say "government" they always mean "federal government". Thats the holy grail for them.

That's not as much of a problem with N95 masks because they have an intake valve that allows air to go in only one direction. Finding one is almost impossible.

Yeah, I couldn't even find a decent one on Amazon. Either sold out or reserved for state and federal orders only. N95's are nowhere to be found.
The government could contracted for a half billion masks for about 30-50 cents a piece. A billion dollar order would protect everyone and there would have been no need for hundreds of billions of dollars in federal aid and tens of thousands of lives could have been saved. However. since the virus was just the common flu and a democrat hoax, there was no need.

I’ve got one from couple of years ago but I don’t see an intake valve

So you are saying that I have an equal chance of catching the virus if I'm at home alone or if I'm in a packed football stadium? :eusa_think:

He’s saying you have an equal chance in a locked down state as with a free state
You will get this virus wherever you are. The whole point of locking down was to slow how fast it spread so that our hospitals were not overwhelmed with a massive influx. IT WORKED. Once we hit about 25% of the populace that has had and recovered from this virus we can slowly open up until it reaches around 40-50%. At that point you can open it totally up and run. The lock down served it purpose, now we have to slowly return to normal as people continue to get and recover from this virus.
Exactly.

Sheltering in home was not supposed to prevent you from ever getting the virus, was not supposed to do anything to control the virus, it was simply and only to reduce the initial impact we were going to have on hospitals and health care workers so that they were not overwhelmed.

Now we begin Phase 2, which is observing mitigation practices and get on with our lives.

Obviously if you are in the age group suseptible to this virus, and or you have these comorbidities, then you're going to have to be extra careful.

But the average American can observe mitigation practices and go about their lives until we find a vaccine.

Either we do this, or we destroy our nation from within.

SOOO .. Does "Getting on with our lives" mean going to salons, tattoo & massage parlors & restaurants at present?
Like SERIOUS?
Even your Donald told his puppet Govs in Texas, Florida and South Dakota NOT to do that!
You suffer from Corona idiocy

Yes.

Nobody but you, is responsible for your own safety. If you disagree, you are placing too much faith in nanny state. In other words, government is not responsible for your well being and safety. If you don't want to go to restaurants, that's fine, you're free to chose so. But insisting that everyone else does it, because you don't wanna go, is idiotic.

The well being and safety of the American people is JOB ONE of the fucking government you ignoramus.

Shall I presume you have a large stash of assets to get you through the next 6 months?

He think government exists to hold his hand and make sure he doesn't hurt himself.
It doesn't?

Have you pre-selected your fraction of a second of a Trump statement today?
Do you realize that the dumber you Libs sound the more people will vote for Trump?

"The correct data points and the proper statistical analysis".

Translated as: "I don't want to believe this so I'm going to throw out some big words that I may or may not understand so that I can look smart.

The author is a political scientist, not a statistician. I think anyone with an understanding of what he's doing will see why his methodology is questionable. Here's the biggest issue in my opinion:

The number of deaths is one of the primary reasons states chose their Covid-19 response strategy. The seven states that did not adopt a shelter-in-place strategy are obviously not interested in doing so because they have a low death count. So if we consider the number of deaths that occur in a state with shelter-in-place, like Michigan, against a state without shelter-in-place, like Arkansas, we would see more deaths in Michigan. In his regression model, that is an indication that shelter-in-place doesn't work, because there are more deaths in Michigan than Arkansas. That makes no sense.

Michigan is implementing shelter-in-place because of the number of deaths while Arkansas is lax about this because of their lack of number of deaths. The same goes for cases. This analysis doesn't show whether the strategy is working so much as it indicates prior history of how badly covid-19 has affected that state.
why doesn't it work? this is supposed to be so contagious. why do population numbers count? if people interacting is the spread, then it should be everywhere. that's just a statistical given. if people aren't interacting, how is it they got it? there's your issue. that you can't ever answer. you have no data to back your claim. no bench mark. no, if you compare, you can't. you have nothing to compare. what he chose is the only comparison to make. and rightly, it showed that shelter in place didn't curb it at all. not at all, it still worked it's way into multiple homes according to the numbers. not technically possible.

It's completely obvious that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Maybe there are several reasons for the widely varying impacts of the virus across different countries, states, cities and towns. Maybe we should focus on why that is and stop pushing the one size fits all solution.

Viruses only spread via one reason. Contact. They don't appear out of thin air. They don't land on your body from nowhere. Contact, contact, contact. That is the only reason they spread. If you don't have contact you don't get it. End of story.

Quick question...................if Trump is handling the virus problem so well, why is it that the US has 1/3 of the COVID 19 infections world wide? We don't have 1/3 of the worlds population.

Maybe there are several reasons for the widely varying impacts of the virus across different countries, states, cities and towns. Maybe we should focus on why that is and stop pushing the one size fits all solution.

Viruses only spread via one reason. Contact. They don't appear out of thin air. They don't land on your body from nowhere. Contact, contact, contact. That is the only reason they spread. If you don't have contact you don't get it. End of story.

Sorry, but that isn't exactly true. While this virus can be spread by direct contact, it can ALSO be spread by the air. This virus has the ability to stay in the air for a long time.

Health people focus on health and very little to nothing else
Unfortunately the effect of their singleness of purpose does not have a one track effect that their one track mind does
There are so many “laws” that have been put into effect where there is no law nor mechanism to implement it
Millions of jobs lost and millions financially ruined .
When did America become the Land of the Best Possible Healthy instead of The Land of the Free?

Isn't being healthy part of being free. As for land of the free...pppffttt...

I've never heard of that being an issue. Sounds more like something you've thought about and think is an issue. Air is not tangible. It goes right through a mask. What a mask does is act like a filter of tangible particles. Not all particles can be stopped by a mask, but a lot can. Think of it as a filter...

Forum List

Back