Lockdowns Did Not Work

You disagree that isolation causes depression, drug abuse and alcoholism? You don’t think isolation and loss of business is damaging? That damages those who are and are not impacted by COVID, which mostly impacts those who are elderly and or unhealthy. We never did that study but just locked us all in.

The problem is Azog, your God is the almighty dollar. Some of us just aren't into it as much as you. shrug...
Nope. It’s freedom!

Sincere question for my friend AtD:

Q: What is "Freedom" without health?
A: Precarious at best

Would you disagree?
That is up to those who choose to take that risk. COVID-19 impacts a tiny percentage severely. I do not believe I should be under the same restriction as someone who is less healthy.

I just tested positive for antibodies AtD. IOW I HAD it somewhere around mid January shortly after returning from Hawaii and the morning of another Vacay to San Diego mid-January which I cancelled the morning of. You should know what I hope that YOUR health pros SHOULD be telling you:

We do not yet know yet whether antibodies mean that you're safe and that it won't come around to bite you again in the Fall.

According to WHO...

View attachment 329127

However, they removed that tweet, soon after.

Knowing that they're the one who said that there is no evidence of human-to-human transmission, can you trust them at all?

Now, let's say you can get re-infected (just like you can get re-infected with flu), does that mean we should kill economy in the fall again for three months?

If we don't have a vaccine by then and another 60,000 people drop dead, then yes. So WHO removed a tweet? BFD! Scientists the world over still don't know to what degree antibodies for this novel virus render a person immune, or provide any defense against reinfection whatsoever. These things take time.

Hey man, if you're itching to get back out in the world - Cool, go to Albany GA, get a haircut, a fresh tattoo, and then pile like a good little fearless sardine into a pub to celebrate your bravery. We don't miss ya if something goes haywire. ;)
If the majority of those who die go out without masks and gloves then they deserve to die.
The assholes riding the NYC subways don't wear masks.
Masks don't protect you from getting it but protect others if you have it. So everyone should wear one just in case for the foreseeable future.

If so, than why doctors are wearing masks?

This is science NOT opinion.

The most basic way to test this thesis is by direct comparison. As of 6 April, seven US states had not adopted shelter-in place orders and their stats are in line with those that did even when adjusting for population density.

Open the country!

Nope, it's a strawman trying to prove a negative.

I have zero cases of coronavirus in my county with strict distancing/closing etc measures in place.

PROVE I would still have had zero without them.

/thread
Prove you would not have zero if you pranced around like you would normally.

I don't need to. I'm not the one claiming an absolute here.

Again --- /thread
Show me your doctorate in math and or science. Otherwise STFU.

Show me your proof of your negative and win a Nobel for being the first.

Demonstrating the flaw in your premise is neither "math" nor "science". It's logic.
You have it backwards.

You disagree that isolation causes depression, drug abuse and alcoholism? You don’t think isolation and loss of business is damaging? That damages those who are and are not impacted by COVID, which mostly impacts those who are elderly and or unhealthy. We never did that study but just locked us all in.

The problem is Azog, your God is the almighty dollar. Some of us just aren't into it as much as you. shrug...
Nope. It’s freedom!

Would you disagree?
That is up to those who choose to take that risk. COVID-19 impacts a tiny percentage severely. I do not believe I should be under the same restriction as someone who is less healthy.

I just tested positive for antibodies AtD. IOW I HAD it somewhere around mid January shortly after returning from Hawaii and the morning of another Vacay to San Diego mid-January which I cancelled the morning of. You should know what I hope that YOUR health pros SHOULD be telling you:

We do not yet know yet whether antibodies mean that you're safe and that it won't come around to bite you again in the Fall.

According to WHO...

View attachment 329127

Knowing that they're the one who said that there is no evidence of human-to-human transmission, can you trust them at all?

Now, let's say you can get re-infected (just like you can get re-infected with flu), does that mean we should kill economy in the fall again for three months?

If we don't have a vaccine by then and another 60,000 people drop dead, then yes. So WHO removed a tweet? BFD! Scientists the world over still don't know to what degree antibodies for this novel virus render a person immune, or provide any defense against reinfection whatsoever. These things take time.

Hey man, if you're itching to get back out in the world - Cool, go to Albany GA, get a haircut, a fresh tattoo, and then pile like a good little fearless sardine into a pub to celebrate your bravery. We don't miss ya if something goes haywire. ;)
If the majority of those who die go out without masks and gloves then they deserve to die.
Masks don't protect you from getting it but protect others if you have it. So everyone should wear one just in case for the foreseeable future.

They wear different masks than you and I would. Their masks are protective. But it is to protect the patient too.

So why are the healthy people being ordered to stay at home?

1. You don't know whether you are healthy or not since we have no widespread testing 2. If you have it but are asymptomatic, you can spread to others or even kill grandma 3. Nobody is "ordering" you to stay at home - You can go for a drive, go grocery shopping .. even to the hardware store and 4. Have you injected your daily disinfectant yet?

The most basic way to test this thesis is by direct comparison. As of 6 April, seven US states had not adopted shelter-in place orders and their stats are in line with those that did even when adjusting for population density.

Open the country!

I have zero cases of coronavirus in my county with strict distancing/closing etc measures in place.

/thread

Again --- /thread

Demonstrating the flaw in your premise is neither "math" nor "science". It's logic.
which you aren't using. we are. again, question my previous post with some factual data.

Health people focus on health and very little to nothing else
Unfortunately the effect of their singleness of purpose does not have a one track effect that their one track mind does
There are so many “laws” that have been put into effect where there is no law nor mechanism to implement it
Millions of jobs lost and millions financially ruined .
When did America become the Land of the Best Possible Healthy instead of The Land of the Free?

Last edited:

Nope. It’s freedom!

Would you disagree?

According to WHO...

View attachment 329127

They wear different masks than you and I would. Their masks are protective. But it is to protect the patient too.
the problem with the mask is that it collects your spit. you touch the mask and you have your spit on your hand. It's why it isn't a logical task to use.

Open the country!

/thread

Again --- /thread

You have it backwards.

Uh, no I don't. Read your own OP, and I quote the link therein:

"Comparing US states shows there is no relationship between lockdowns and lower Covid-19 deaths."

WRONG. It shows no such negative.
Prove it does.

Your own thread title declares "lockdowns did not work". Prove they didn't.

Even the title of your link admits it's talking about empirical evidence. Which DOES NOT lead to the absolute negative conclusion.

Prove it does.

So why are the healthy people being ordered to stay at home?

1. You don't know whether you are healthy or not since we have no widespread testing 2. If you have it but are asymptomatic, you can spread to others or even kill grandma 3. Nobody is "ordering" you to stay at home - You can go for a drive, go grocery shopping .. even to the hardware store and 4. Have you injected your daily disinfectant yet?
I know I'm healthy. I have no temperature, I have no symptoms. I work out and do it just fine. you don't get to tell me I'm not healthy. you can, but I'll shit on it every time.

Open the country!

/thread

Again --- /thread

You have it backwards.

"Comparing US states shows there is no relationship between lockdowns and lower Covid-19 deaths."

Prove it does.
it can't show anything since they didn't bother setting benchmarks. they have no idea of anything. see statistics relies on data, and you have zip. Nadda, nothing. you can't make any judgement based on any data collected to date. not one fking thing except that it's something we did. you can't say whether that was correct or not. i challenge you to prove me wrong.

BTW, some scientists are stating this started in September, and guess what, I have that data. You know what I can prove from that data? that stay at home was the wrong play.

Open the country!

/thread

Again --- /thread

You have it backwards.

Prove it does.

Your own thread title declares "lockdowns did not work". Prove they didn't.

Even the title of your link admits it's talking about empirical evidence. Which DOES NOT lead to the absolute negative conclusion.

Prove it does.
Read the article. I am not a mathematician or a scientist. Or ask them. LOL. Or post your credentials to question them.

Open the country!

/thread

Again --- /thread

You have it backwards.

Prove it does.
it can't show anything since they didn't bother setting benchmarks. they have no idea of anything. see statistics relies on data, and you have zip. Nadda, nothing. you can't make any judgement based on any data collected to date. not one fking thing except that it's something we did. you can't say whether that was correct or not. i challenge you to prove me wrong.

BTW, some scientists are stating this started in September, and guess what, I have that data. You know what I can prove from that data? that stay at home was the wrong play.
I am almost positive that I had it in September.

Open the country!

/thread

Again --- /thread

You have it backwards.

Prove it does.

I am almost positive that I had it in September.
My wife and kids as well.

I want baseball to resume!!!!

I'll take ANY live sports other than Friday Night Smackdown and reruns. I'm ready to say okay fine, conduct extensive testing of players, refs, and camera/tech crew and play in front of empty bleachers. Sports fans are SO hungry now, they'll watch in record numbers!

Why can we not have fans there sitting three seats apart? Especially since the virus doesn't live all that well outdoors? Baseball should be a good sport to play this live?

Okay - We could try that. 1/3 capacity with social distancing - Face masks? That would look VERY weird on TV but I think everyone's pretty much used to it by now.

I'm first and foremost a college football fan. Get it together by September and I'll be a happy camper. But we should also have an abbreviated baseball season.
We maybe able to go football games in the fall. I certainly hope so because I have some season tickets and I'm looking forward to live football.
However, the chances are very good that the virus is seasonal which means it will start spreading rapidly in the fall after a somewhat quit summer. If the number of new cases and deaths are rising throughout the summer. Fall is likely to be a lot worse than this Spring.

A good reason to be keeping an eye on Southern Hemisphere countries like Brazil and Peru (both of which have been rising).
Very good point. However, there are many factors other than seasonality to consider, where people live, rural or cities, population density, personal and public hygiene, and government response to the epidemic and reporting.

I want baseball to resume!!!!

I'll take ANY live sports other than Friday Night Smackdown and reruns. I'm ready to say okay fine, conduct extensive testing of players, refs, and camera/tech crew and play in front of empty bleachers. Sports fans are SO hungry now, they'll watch in record numbers!

Why can we not have fans there sitting three seats apart? Especially since the virus doesn't live all that well outdoors? Baseball should be a good sport to play this live?

Okay - We could try that. 1/3 capacity with social distancing - Face masks? That would look VERY weird on TV but I think everyone's pretty much used to it by now.

I'm first and foremost a college football fan. Get it together by September and I'll be a happy camper. But we should also have an abbreviated baseball season.
We maybe able to go football games in the fall. I certainly hope so because I have some season tickets and I'm looking forward to live football.
However, the chances are very good that the virus is seasonal which means it will start spreading rapidly in the fall after a somewhat quit summer. If the number of new cases and deaths are rising throughout the summer. Fall is likely to be a lot worse than this Spring.

A good reason to be keeping an eye on Southern Hemisphere countries like Brazil and Peru (both of which have been rising).
Very good point. However, there are many factors other than seasonality to consider, where people live, rural or cities, population density, personal and public hygiene, and government response to the epidemic and reporting.
you are talking out your ass. you don't know any of that and whether it's true or not. but hey, thanks for playing.

He think government exists to hold his hand and make sure he doesn't hurt himself.

So tell us Ame®icono Hamilton - What IS the purpose of government if not the health and safety of it's people?

Who said anything about people?

I was specific, government is not responsible for your well being and safety.

Do you know what "your" means? They don't have to hold "your hand, or make sure "that "you" don't hurt yourself, or to tuck you in your bed at night. It's your own, personal, or individual responsibility. The purpose of the government is written in the Constitution, that specify what they can and cannot do. The res is on you.

Moron.

Nope. It’s freedom!

Would you disagree?

According to WHO...

View attachment 329127

What makes you think I don't wear the same medical grade mask?

The purpose of the mask, gloves, and any other protective equipment is primarily to protect yourself.

He think government exists to hold his hand and make sure he doesn't hurt himself.

So tell us Ame®icono Hamilton - What IS the purpose of government if not the health and safety of it's people?

Who said anything about people?

I was specific, government is not responsible for your well being and safety.

Do you know what "your" means? They don't have to hold "your hand, or make sure "that "you" don't hurt yourself, or to tuck you in your bed at night. It's your own, personal, or individual responsibility. The purpose of the government is written in the Constitution, that specify what they can and cannot do. The res is on you.

Moron.

Sorry pal, nobody is interested in "nanny states" or not taking personal responsibility.
The health and safety of its people is governments #1 job. Hard Stop - Ya MAGA-Moron.
"ALL ENEMIES FOREIGN & DOMESTIC"
Now go enroll yourself in a Civics or Government101 class - Pronto

Last edited:
In the old days masks were rare due to the caution of you were breathing right back in what you had just exhaled.
When did that get proven to be not an issue?

Forum List

Back