Lois Lerner E-Mails "Missing"

Damn! I dought anyone would even touch her computer to get het emails. Some IT guy with administrative privileges would log into the email via the email server and get access to all her freaking email records.

Lots of speculation sprinkled with some rudimentary understanding of how e-mail works.

Why not wait until the facts are known?

Rudimentary? What a joke you are.

Really? Are you telling me that everyone here is an expert on how the email is handled at the IRS?

Rudimentary. Meaning.....a basic understanding. No expertise.

Come now, Lone Laughter. You know better.

Even if she used another service to send her emails, such as gmail, etc., there is a copy on a server out there along with the recipient's copy and their agencies backup server copy.

Even accidental loss, they are still available on the recipients computer. Unless also intentionally crashed and burned.
They did retrieved 24000 emails that were sent during that period of 'loss' from her computer hard drive, by obtaining them from the 80 workers who had received them, from what is being reported...

Listening to the Chavetz interrogation of that IRS man...he said they had to go in to storage and retrieve these computers to get these emails....

I totally do not understand this?

does this mean they were not backed up nightly on a separate server that is offsite and they only just keep these used laptops as their means to get to the emails? that just sounds crazy?

See, this is where they screwed up. First they said these were sent from her personal computer, which crashed. They said they retrieved hers she sent from the agency computer from those on irs employee computers. Now the fact is they are not limited to being able to get them just from their computers. Anyone she ever emailed has their copy on their computers, whether 10 miles away in another agency computer, or 10,000 miles away. They would be on those computers, as well as the email servers, and the backup servers. Only her original email on her hard drive would be lost-but not lost at the receiving end or their replies to her, originated on their computers
yes, tis true.....but this is what I was trying to tell you....the IRS said they got all of those emails retrieved....in just the manner you are suggesting, they got copies of her original emails from those who received them on her staff....that's the 24000 emails from her during the ''missing'' period....

But what they didn't retrieve, were emails during the hard drive crash period that were sent by her (/received) to congressmen, to the treasury, to the DOJ etc etc.....

so, if there is a back up server, is important.... just seems nuts that there would not be a separate back up server, backed up every single night....there was one at all the Corps I ever worked for....?

Rudimentary? What a joke you are.

Really? Are you telling me that everyone here is an expert on how the email is handled at the IRS?

Even if she used another service to send her emails, such as gmail, etc., there is a copy on a server out there along with the recipient's copy and their agencies backup server copy.

Yes. And those are being and have been recovered. I don't know anything about the IRS's servers. Do you?

They did retrieved 24000 emails that were sent during that period of 'loss' from her computer hard drive, by obtaining them from the 80 workers who had received them, from what is being reported...

Listening to the Chavetz interrogation of that IRS man...he said they had to go in to storage and retrieve these computers to get these emails....

does this mean they were not backed up nightly on a separate server that is offsite and they only just keep these used laptops as their means to get to the emails? that just sounds crazy?

See, this is where they screwed up. First they said these were sent from her personal computer, which crashed. They said they retrieved hers she sent from the agency computer from those on irs employee computers. Now the fact is they are not limited to being able to get them just from their computers. Anyone she ever emailed has their copy on their computers, whether 10 miles away in another agency computer, or 10,000 miles away. They would be on those computers, as well as the email servers, and the backup servers. Only her original email on her hard drive would be lost-but not lost at the receiving end or their replies to her, originated on their computers
yes, tis true.....but this is what I was trying to tell you....the IRS said they got all of those emails retrieved....in just the manner you are suggesting, they got copies of her original emails from those who received them on her staff....that's the 24000 emails from her during the ''missing'' period....

But what they didn't retrieve, were emails during the hard drive crash period that were sent by her (/received) to congressmen, to the treasury, to the DOJ etc etc.....

so, if there is a back up server, is important.... just seems nuts that there would not be a separate back up server, backed up every single night....there was one at all the Corps I ever worked for....?
By law there is supposed to be, and in each of those agencies as well as the email servers themselves.

Even if they all used private pc's at work, and gmail, or hotmail, etc., there is a copy on the recpients computer, and email servers, as well as in NSA data centers.

And if they used private services, that should be illegal for govt. business. Another question to be answered here.

No hard drives protect from when they are deleted intentionally, they only protect from accidental loss

Even accidental loss, they are still available on the recipients computer. Unless also intentionally crashed and burned.

It's not "crazy" it's preposterous. The IRS is deleting incriminating e-mails. What they are saying makes no sense.

My.

Ducking, dodging, shucking, and jiving like mad, sallow is.

ANYTHING but address the real issue: Are Lois Lerner's emails gone? If so, then since the email server (which did not crash, Lerner's computer did) is backed up daily, who deleted the backups from that?

It's still in the hard drive and can be retrieved even if it was deleted.

Not if they torched the hard drives. How much you wanna bet?

"We accidently lost the hard drives". That's next.

You mean that's all you want to see.

Sounds to me that Lerner was doing her job. Her job was to make sure only organizations that DESERVED an exemption got one.

SHe asked very sensible questions, like "Hey, if you are a social welfare agency, why are you calling yourself a 'Party'?"

The reality is, there are churches where the ministers take videos of themselves preaching politics and send them to the IRS daring them to crack down on abusing their tax exemption.

So is your complaint with Lerner that she enforced the law?

Deserving as meaning a contributor to the Obama campaign.

-Geaux
Why did President Bush appoint her to this position at the IRS, if he thought for one nanno second that she was a Democratic shill? It makes no sense for him and his republican senators in the Senate, to do such a thing....??? Honestly makes no sense, if she were a partisan hack, for him to pick her and the Senate to pass the pick?

So, I have to rule out that she is any kind of partisan hack for the Democrats....

Did she do wrong....yes, to a degree I think she did do wrong...but I don't think she did wrong for partisan reasons, but because she and her staff has a very very very hard job to do when discerning which 501c3's were legal to have tax exempt status and free from saying who donated to them.... vs a group with primarily partisan agendas....

These groups are suppose to be primarily a charitable organization...helping the community with charity.

Personally, I think these partisan groups should reveal donors...'sunshine' is the way to go...on both the left and the right....

yep. Congress (Issa) screwed up by not giving good enough guidance in the legislation concerning these new shadowy 501 c3 groups. Ironic eh?

It's not "crazy" it's preposterous. The IRS is deleting incriminating e-mails. What they are saying makes no sense.

There it is again. The baseless accusation that someone deleted emails. Way to go! Say it a thousand times....it will become true. No matter what the facts are.

Yes. And those are being and have been recovered. I don't know anything about the IRS's servers. Do you?

If she used gmail to send to an agency email address, then there are servers that the govt. Is required by law to back up, whether it originated inside or outside of house. On one of these threads I listed the statutes and language.

If correspondence is between agencies there is actually a redundancy that occurs, besides the apparent one that should transpire.

If she used gmail to send to an agency email address, then there are servers that the govt. Is required by law to back up, whether it originated inside or outside of house. On one of these threads I listed the statutes and language.
then no one should be fretting, the emails can be retrieved from these back up servers, right?

Deserving as meaning a contributor to the Obama campaign.

-Geaux
Why did President Bush appoint her to this position at the IRS, if he thought for one nanno second that she was a Democratic shill? It makes no sense for him and his republican senators in the Senate, to do such a thing....??? Honestly makes no sense, if she were a partisan hack, for him to pick her and the Senate to pass the pick?

So, I have to rule out that she is any kind of partisan hack for the Democrats....

Did she do wrong....yes, to a degree I think she did do wrong...but I don't think she did wrong for partisan reasons, but because she and her staff has a very very very hard job to do when discerning which 501c3's were legal to have tax exempt status and free from saying who donated to them.... vs a group with primarily partisan agendas....

These groups are suppose to be primarily a charitable organization...helping the community with charity.

Personally, I think these partisan groups should reveal donors...'sunshine' is the way to go...on both the left and the right....

yep. Congress (Issa) screwed up by not giving good enough guidance in the legislation concerning these new shadowy 501 c3 groups. Ironic eh?
You are so damn blind and...

1yjrkx.jpg

Forum List

Back