Lois Lerner to take the 5th. Again.

Can't answer the question? Fine.
I did. You can't read.
No, you didn't. I can read fine. My posts precede me, thank you very much.

You didn't answer.

That cons don't want to answer when we get to *why* 501 non profit "social welfare" groups get scrutinized -- after Citizens United specifically is not lost on those who know just what this dark money, secret donor scheme is all about.

I have no problem with scrutiny provided it is handed exactly the same each and every time. Even the faintest whiff of political favoritism or political impropriety needs to be investigated and if found crushed mercilessly when it comes to bureaucratic functioning.

“Mr. Chairman, you cannot run a committee like this,” Cummings appealed.

“If you will sit down and allow me to ask a question,” Cummings insisted. “I am a member of a Congress of the United States of America.”

“I am tired of this,” Cummings continued, as Issa signaled to have his microphone cut off. “You cannot just have a one-sided investigation. There is absolutely something wrong with that, and it is absolutely un-American.”

“We had a hearing. It was adjourned,” Issa responded. “I gave you an opportunity to ask your questions. You had no questions.”

“I do have questions,” Cummings replied, as Issa walked out of the hearing. “Chairman, what are you hiding?”"

Issa Walks Out Of IRS Scandal Hearing As Cummings Calls Proceedings ?Un-American? « CBS DC

The fact that Cummings would have the gall to ask what Issa was hiding when Lois Lerner had just taken the 5th for the second time and the Eric Holder Department of Justice hasn't even interviewed the people who have claimed to been discriminated against is so blatantly partisan that it disgusts me. Un-American? This was supposed to be the most transparent administration in history but what it's turned into is the second coming of the Nixon White House and no impassioned diatribe by Elijah Cummings is going to change that fact. It's time to convene a Special Prosecutor that will actually investigate this scandal and bring the people responsible for it to trial. Eric Holder is useless. Always has been...always will be.

Clearly Lois Lerner has committed crimes that she does not wish to reveal. She has a privilege not to testify against herself. The Committee will just have to build the case against her and indict he at the appropriate time.

Uh, no, they really can't.

The only thing they can do is take their "evidence" over to the Justice Department, and I'm sure Eric Holder is going to get right on that. Right after he's done not investigating fantasies about Fast and Furious.

Asshole Issa doing his dog and pony show -- what a phucking joke he is.

If that's the case, scumbag. Then what does the lying whore have to fear? Why did she take the 5th... Again?

And you're a fucking lying douchebag. You know the lying whore targeted Conservatives and you're all for it.

Eat shit and die, scumbag

And this is bad, why?

Conservatives were attempting to defraud the IRS by claiming they were social welfare agencies when they were political groups.

The fact is, she doesn't have to play Issa's game. She's already lost her job, there's really not much else this guy can do to her.

That cons don't want to answer when we get to *why* 501 non profit "social welfare" groups get scrutinized -- after Citizens United specifically is not lost on those who know just what this dark money, secret donor scheme is all about.
I'm not "the cons". Why do the dims want to change the subject all the time? I was talking about the irrelevant questions the IRS asked them. I'm not interested in playing your game.

“If you will sit down and allow me to ask a question,” Cummings insisted. “I am a member of a Congress of the United States of America.”

“I am tired of this,” Cummings continued, as Issa signaled to have his microphone cut off. “You cannot just have a one-sided investigation. There is absolutely something wrong with that, and it is absolutely un-American.”

“We had a hearing. It was adjourned,” Issa responded. “I gave you an opportunity to ask your questions. You had no questions.”

“I do have questions,” Cummings replied, as Issa walked out of the hearing. “Chairman, what are you hiding?”"

Issa Walks Out Of IRS Scandal Hearing As Cummings Calls Proceedings ?Un-American? « CBS DC

The fact that Cummings would have the gall to ask what Issa was hiding when Lois Lerner had just taken the 5th for the second time and the Eric Holder Department of Justice hasn't even interviewed the people who have claimed to been discriminated against is so blatantly partisan that it disgusts me. Un-American? This was supposed to be the most transparent administration in history but what it's turned into is the second coming of the Nixon White House and no impassioned diatribe by Elijah Cummings is going to change that fact. It's time to convene a Special Prosecutor that will actually investigate this scandal and bring the people responsible for it to trial. Eric Holder is useless. Always has been...always will be.

Americans have the constitutional right to plead the Fifth.

Issa does not have the right to badger the witness. Nor does he have the right to deny the ranking member of his committee the right to speak.

And before you cry Lerner waived her right, many legal experts explain why she didn't.

Expert: Lerner Didn?t Waive Right to Plead Fifth -- Daily Intelligencer

Cummings ddi not have a question. He had a partisan harrangue and a statement. Those arent questions, they did not further the investigation. They retarded it.
And as noted elsewhere it is big chutzpah to ask Issa what he's hiding when Lerner just spent 10 minutes taking the 5th. Why didnt Cummings ask her what she was hiding?

Maybe a few days in a jail cell for contempt of Congress will get Lois Lerner into a more talking frame of mind.

You can't jail anyone for exercising their 5th amendment rights.

Even when they are obvious lying con artists like Lerner.

As I said earlier, the 5th amendment, in its effort to provide a bullet proof shield for innocent people that the cops want to beat a "confession" out of, also provides a bulletproof shield for lying criminals who don't want to admit what they (or their cohorts) did.

Unfortunately, you can't have one without the other. And I wouldn't want it any other way.

She had no ability to plead the 5th, according to your own views.

Americans have the constitutional right to plead the Fifth.

Issa does not have the right to badger the witness. Nor does he have the right to deny the ranking member of his committee the right to speak.

And before you cry Lerner waived her right, many legal experts explain why she didn't.

Expert: Lerner Didn?t Waive Right to Plead Fifth -- Daily Intelligencer

Issa has every right to ask questions, which is what he did. In fact that's his job.
She had no right to plead the 5th. She is a government employee answering to her employers over a possible criminal matter. Issa denied nothing to Cummings except a platform for disinformation after the hearing was dismissed.
We have seen the one expert who claims Lerner did not give up her right. Alan Dershowitz, who is far more expert, says the opposite.
The administration is doing everything they can to stonewall and dissemble here. They are running scared because we will find out the White House or the Obama campaign leaned on the IRS to neutralize the Tea Party groups before the upcoming election. Nixon must be green with envy.

Throw the bitch in jail for contempt.

She will talk once living in a jail cell.....unless Obama kills her in the jail cell.

Forum List

Back