Lois Lerner to take the 5th. Again.

Re: Dog and pony show scheduled for today with Lerner.

Emails show Lerner was willing to talk - even without immunity, in depositions with committee. Lois Lerner attorney negotiated over testifying, emails show - CBS News

Arsonist Issa doesn't want that. He wants the show.

That should tell you what you need to know. It's not about determining the facts (as we learned when he selectively released and excised portions of testimony) -- it's about the dog and pony show.

Issa is pure scum. Scummier than scum.

After all, at this point what does it matter. Did I get that right? The pure scum is Lois Lerner stonewalling Congress and preventing them from doing their sworn duty of oversight.

Ridiculous. No tea party group was prevented from free assembly or had their 1st amendment rights trampled.

They were scrutinized for tax free status. As they all should. Left and right.

These social welfare groups self-declare. That's right. These nonprofits say *pop*

-- I'm a non-profit - and boom, in operation. It's only later the IRS vets you.

Where do you get this tripe?

No donor will EVER make a tax-deductible contribution to a group that doesn't already have its nonprofit status from the IRS signed, sealed, and delivered in its pocket. Because if there's any chance the IRS will "later" announce that the group DOESN'T have 501(c)(4) status, and the donor suddenly has to pay tons of taxes on the donation, they won't make the donation in the first place.

This is fundamental. And you missed it completely?

Do your homework for cryin out loud.
Bull shit. It happens alll the time.

Pull up the public records of one of the orgs that claim they were denied. True the Vote for example. Plenty of money pouring in.

Name me another one of the groups -- and llets pull up the recordsw and see how poverty stricken they were. You're going on if they weren't operating. Many if not most, were.
Notice how not one con can produce the name of any group.

:death::Boom2::flameth:Lois Lerner is getting death threats? why? HAHAHA Hey Lois and the IRS :up_yours:

Last edited:
Stonealling.

Ha! Lerner has said since last summer she would testify if granted immunity.

If the truth is really what you, I and Issa, and the rest of America want's

Why won't Issa grant her immunity?

????? It's coming up on a year soon...and NADA.

Darrell Issa Holds Absurd IRS Hearing In Which He Is The Only One Allowed To Speak
WASHINGTON -- A congressional hearing into the furor over political targeting by the Internal Revenue Service descended into political theater of the absurd Wednesday, as the former IRS official at the heart of the case again asserted her Fifth Amendment rights and refused to answer questions.

Lois Lerner, the former director of Tax-Exempt Organizations for the IRS, led the division that oversaw the staffers responsible for making sure that so-called social welfare groups were not going out of bounds with their political activities.
Although her unit did target some progressive groups, the majority of those that faced extra scrutiny were linked to the tea party, sparking cries of scandal and political intimidation from conservatives.

Lerner refused once before to answer questions from House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), but after she invoked her right to not incriminate herself several times on Wednesday, Issa summarily gaveled the hearing to close,]sparking an angry outburst from the top Democrat on the committee[/url], Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.).
Cummings was incensed that after Issa asked a series of apparently damning questions, Cummings and his fellow Democrats were not allowed to respond, even to ask a procedural question.

"We're adjourned. Close it down," Issa said.

WOw that's spin. Even for you.
Issa spent maybe 10 minuutes asking Lerner questions and she refused to answer every single one of them. SInce her testimony was the reason for the hearing Issa concluded she would not answer any questions and ended the proceedings. Then Cummings decided to speak. Issa wouldn't recognize him since the hearing was closed, and then he asked for a procedural question. Issa allowed a procedural question. But it was not a procedural question. It was a rambling bunch of bullshit from Cummings, the White House's mole on the committee and Issa turned off his microphone.
The Left is going absolutely bonkers here trying to spin what happened. Fortunately you can watch it and see how much they are lying.

Where do you get this tripe?

No donor will EVER make a tax-deductible contribution to a group that doesn't already have its nonprofit status from the IRS signed, sealed, and delivered in its pocket. Because if there's any chance the IRS will "later" announce that the group DOESN'T have 501(c)(4) status, and the donor suddenly has to pay tons of taxes on the donation, they won't make the donation in the first place.

This is fundamental. And you missed it completely?

Do your homework for cryin out loud.
Bull shit. It happens alll the time.

Pull up the public records of one of the orgs that claim they were denied. True the Vote for example. Plenty of money pouring in.

Name me another one of the groups -- and llets pull up the recordsw and see how poverty stricken they were. You're going on if they weren't operating. Many if not most, were.
Notice how not one con can produce the name of any group.

Because it's a clown question, bro.
Notice how you cannot answer any of the questions raised here, and how you constantly lie, dissemble and distort what happened? Yeah, we have your number. Quit while you're deep in the hole.
Again, what difference does it make whether Lerner gave testimony in private or in front of cameras?

Stonealling.

????? It's coming up on a year soon...and NADA.
Answered.
Lerner agreed to testify without immunity.
What does she immunity for if she did nothing wrong, which was her initial testimony?
Issa wont give her immunity because he has her by the balls and will start squeezing. She is a criminal and deserves to be prosecuted, not immunized.

How many non-political groups are there with 'Tea Party' in their names?

PLEASE leftard; ask yourself the same thing bout unions; who endorse the Jackazz Party at even greater rates than the Tea Party endorses Repubs. how many of them got targeted by the IRS under obama/

libs are losers and hypocrites who lie to themselves

“Mr. Chairman, you cannot run a committee like this,” Cummings appealed.

“If you will sit down and allow me to ask a question,” Cummings insisted. “I am a member of a Congress of the United States of America.”

“I am tired of this,” Cummings continued, as Issa signaled to have his microphone cut off. “You cannot just have a one-sided investigation. There is absolutely something wrong with that, and it is absolutely un-American.”

“We had a hearing. It was adjourned,” Issa responded. “I gave you an opportunity to ask your questions. You had no questions.”

“I do have questions,” Cummings replied, as Issa walked out of the hearing. “Chairman, what are you hiding?”"

Issa Walks Out Of IRS Scandal Hearing As Cummings Calls Proceedings ?Un-American? « CBS DC

Stonealling.

Because she hasn't given him any reason to give her immunity. Why does she need immunity? What is she hiding?

There you go -- for how long now the cons say they think it is a conspiracy that leads to the top.

Here is their chance to find out the information -- and they don;t want it.

Not to mention she DID just say this weekend she would testify without immunity -- on record, in deposition, but that's not good enough -- it has to be on camera.

CAMERA'S and showboating is what Issa is about.

We saw raw and real today it's not about getting at the truth. It's about the camera's and badgering.

It's not about learning from her what she knows -- that was made perfectly clear today.

Back for a bit.

Are the leftist fanatics still spinning, twisting, shucking, and jiving?

Complaining to the skies about Republicans, forum members, Buuush, conservatives, TEA party, etc. etc., calling them names, insulting everyone they can, everything EXCEPT look at the Democrats who refuse to answer questions and keep stonewalling the investigation?

I haven't seen such deflection and changing-the-subject frenzy since Monica produced the blue dress.

And let me guess: The leftists who are doing all this diverting, twisting, and spinning, are still acting like there's no reason to regard them as liars or con artists, no cause to believe they want anything but transparency and truth. Right?

Last edited:
Maybe a few days in a jail cell for contempt of Congress will get Lois Lerner into a more talking frame of mind.

Maybe a few days in a jail cell for contempt of Congress will get Lois Lerner into a more talking frame of mind.

You can't jail anyone for exercising their 5th amendment rights.

Even when they are obvious lying con artists like Lerner.

As I said earlier, the 5th amendment, in its effort to provide a bullet proof shield for innocent people that the cops want to beat a "confession" out of, also provides a bulletproof shield for lying criminals who don't want to admit what they (or their cohorts) did.

Unfortunately, you can't have one without the other. And I wouldn't want it any other way.

Like I said, you can't read. That wasn't what they were talking about. The administration also tried to pin the blame on a few rogue employees. That's kind of odd if everything was kosher.
Can't answer the question? Fine.
I did. You can't read.
No, you didn't. I can read fine. My posts precede me, thank you very much.

You didn't answer.

That cons don't want to answer when we get to *why* 501 non profit "social welfare" groups get scrutinized -- after Citizens United specifically is not lost on those who know just what this dark money, secret donor scheme is all about.

Bet you felt that way when Karl Rove and Bolton and Harriet Myers refused to testify, right? right?

I am perfectly okay with both Republican appointed and Democrat appointed officials spending time in jail for contempt of congress or criminal convictions. When it comes to wanting corruption rooted out and illegal activities by political officials punished, I am non-partisan. I don't play favorites when it comes to "my team" versus "your team".

Forum List

Back