LOOK AT ME! Born female, running for Prom King

This is a discussion forum. I post my opinion on the matter as do you, and I am the one making a big deal?
A'yup. Yer the one (or one of 'em anyway) who frets over this kid doing something that don't hurt you.

Count the characters each has typed and get back to me.
Your implied (and illogical) assumption here is that a longer post must automatically equate to “big deal”, however you’re excluding other logical possibilities, one of which is that the poster (yours truly…. ;) ) is extremely verbose, likes to type, and types rather quickly…

…….another possibility is that the poster (yep, me again ;) ) is just a very longwinded and effusive windbaggish blowhard (which I freely admit also). :) yuk yuk yuk

Careful with your hasty and irrational assumptions, poppy. They tend to make you look a wee bit rash. :D

There are certain realities
Up will always be up
Down will always be down
Left is always left
Right is always right
Males are always male
Females are always female
And if one thinks in narrow minded, extremely limited and rather unintelligently dullwitted terms, then those are realities.

However looked at from other perspectives some of those may not always be reality. In space, which way is up, which way is down?

In the mirror which way is left and which is right? (think about that for a bit...you may get it).

An intersexed person is not always male nor always female. If the particular person was born with both male and female parts and the doc and/or parents are forced to make a decision which way to go; how do they know they got it right?

Maybe the intersexed baby had a male brain but the doc and parents, clearly not knowing this, opted for female. The baby grows up as a female but inside he was supposed to have been a male.

Or vice versa.

Do we have female and male brains? Or do we become female or male strictly by nurture and not at all by nature?

If our gender is determined biologically, then could there be gender mistakes not only physically and visibly, but mentally as well?

If it is possible that a person can be intersexed physically (and it is), having both female and male parts, is it not therefore possible that a person can have a female body and a male brain, or vice versa?

Does nature always get it right? Of course not.

Things such as the human brain aren’t as simple as some simple-minded people would wish. Things aren’t always black and white in life.

I can’t fault you fellers for simplifying things into two easily identifiable categories though, some people just have a hard time handling so much information and grasping all the nuances, varieties, and complexities in our universe that makes life so interesting and enjoyable to experience. It boggles some simple folks' minds.

They just can’t handle reality, so they oversimplify. Perfectly understandable.

It is simply reality
Nope, it is reality, oversimplified.

Or said another way: it is a simpletons’ reality. :D

Yuk yuk yuk

PLH&H my brother.
:tongue:

People obsessed by other people sexuality have bigger problems of their own, that's pretty obvious (to everybody BUT them)

This is about gender. Could care less about the persons sexuality.

So why're you obsessing about other people's gender? Not a big likelihood that you'll ever meet most of 'em?

Maybe the problem lies in ya'lls obsessions with others' lives.

Oh, and "could care less" means that you do care some. The phrase i think you're so impotently grasping for is: "I couldn't care less."

Just tryin' to help you out, partner.

(Ain't I such a swell guy? yuk yuk yuk.)

People obsessed by other people sexuality have bigger problems of their own, that's pretty obvious (to everybody BUT them)

You can't separate sexuality from gender. Discussing gender identity is discussing people's sexuality. Sexuality doesn't only include sexual behavior.

One of the truisms about life itself is that nothing stays the same. Swim or sink like a stone, to paraphrase Dylan. Instead of feeling threatened by change, embrace it.

Yes you can. A gay king remains a king. A gay queen remains a queen.

Try to change that all you want. The facts remain the same. Sexuality has nothing to do with the gender.

A'yup. Yer the one (or one of 'em anyway) who frets over this kid doing something that don't hurt you.

Your implied (and illogical) assumption here is that a longer post must automatically equate to “big deal”, however you’re excluding other logical possibilities, one of which is that the poster (yours truly…. ;) ) is extremely verbose, likes to type, and types rather quickly…

…….another possibility is that the poster (yep, me again ;) ) is just a very longwinded and effusive windbaggish blowhard (which I freely admit also). :) yuk yuk yuk

Careful with your hasty and irrational assumptions, poppy. They tend to make you look a wee bit rash. :D

Nope, it is reality, oversimplified.

Or said another way: it is a simpletons’ reality. :D

Yuk yuk yuk

PLH&H my brother.

Sorry, the male baby may have a female mind, but alas (is that the proper word?), it is still a male.

Go ahead and point up and say "I want to go down there", I think you will be corrected.

But nice try.

You can't separate sexuality from gender. Discussing gender identity is discussing people's sexuality. Sexuality doesn't only include sexual behavior.

One of the truisms about life itself is that nothing stays the same. Swim or sink like a stone, to paraphrase Dylan. Instead of feeling threatened by change, embrace it.

Up has always been up. Never has changed, never will. Certain truths are self evident.

Shoudl someone with a vagina be "prom king"?
I don't see why not, put it up. Let the people vote. There are those who's asshole is located in their mouth and get voted for, so why not this guy-gal?

Usually the true transgendered are victims of some medical/surgical mistake. They were born with vestigal genitalia of both sexes and the doctor made the decision to "fix" the problem shortly after birth. The hormones produced in the pituitary gland, however, still belonged to the opposite sex. My friend Jennifer was like that. Her parents were told that their child was born as an intersexed child, then called hermophrodite. They chose to have a son, but Jennifer was always a girl. She grew into a spectacularly beautiful woman too.

Since Jennifer was truly transgendered she never had any confusion about who she was nor any problems socializing. She had none of the difficulties transgendered people complain about. She was a girl who had to pretend she was a boy. That became harder as she grew because her waist narrowed and her hips widened. She even developed small breasts. Her opinion, as a transgendered person is that opinion should never be used as a basis for a sex change. It should be strictly by hormone production. She took supplementary hormones, but did not need nearly the amount some transgendered need. She always felt that most of the time those who think they are transgendered are just confused transvestites who would be just as happy in dress up. Like Chaz Bono.

Let the students vote. Whoever doesn't vote for the transgenered prom king is a bigot.

You confuse transgender with hermaphroditism or other birth defects

Don't you think that if nature can fuck up so badly as to give a child both sets of genitals, that maybe transgendered people are victims of the same natural defect?

So lets review, shall we?

We have people here VERY upset that a FAKE HONOR is being given to a FAKE girl.

One wonders why this so upsets them.

One cannot help but wonder about any person who cares so very VERY much about gender indentity issues.

For most grown up people, these issues were resolved a long long time ago.

However for people with personal gender indentity issues?

Well other people's sexual proclivities are a constant source of interest for that conflicted type of person.

One cannot help but wonder about any person who cares so very VERY much about gender indentity issues.

Well other people's sexual proclivities are a constant source of interest for that conflicted type of person.

No one really cares. You do understand that. No one cares. It was proposed as a topic so it is being discussed by those who would just as well discuss something else they are equally uninterested in.

I wonder how you feel about title IX?

I also see the most upset on this thread being those defending the "fake"

Pardon us for having an opinion.

Last edited:
WHy cant these people just run their own prom..........the k00k prom. Theres enough nutters who would go.

By the way.....its been over 3 decades since I went to high school. I dont recall schools having this super-superlative category "MOST LIKELY TO BE AN ODDBALL". When did this start??

ACLU Warns Pa. School District In Debate Concerning Transgender Student « CBS Philly

ACLU now threatening to sue to FORCE the school to deny reality like deviant, mentally defective liberals do.

Transgender people exist; this is reality. To deny this is to deny the facts; which sounds to me as if you're suffering from some sort of mental disorder yourself.

And the ones who are deviant and mentally defective are those who harbor an obsessive-compulsive and illogical hatred for an entire group of people who have done you no ill.

:D

Forum List

Back